Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

I thought it was gonna be a movie, but it's like a Pokemon episode, just 30 minutes longer...

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but did anyone else notice how mature this special was as far as content goes? I mean, Dr. Yung just calmly walked back into that burning building when it collapsed; it can only be assumed that he's dead now. Jenny even said she looked everywhere and couldn't figure out his location in all the debris.

That's pretty mature for a Pokemon related special, don't you think? Death doesn't normally happen in their world, especially when it resembles a suicide like that.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sees the single truth for what it is;
    he looks like a kid but has the mind of an adult!
    His name? Detective Conan!

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    This episode was not as good as I thought it was. IMO, it was a bit bad. The new voices sounded terrible, especially Ash, Brock, May (bascially all the characters). I prefer the old voices. They were much better. I thought Dr. YUng being the Mirage Master was such an unoriginal idea, IMO.
    I agree 100%. The Prof. Yung being the MM was really stupid. It was sooooo Scooby Doo.
    made by babybuttons000

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox
    don't think this has been mentioned yet, but did anyone else notice how mature this special was as far as content goes? I mean, Dr. Yung just calmly walked back into that burning building when it collapsed; it can only be assumed that he's dead now. Jenny even said she looked everywhere and couldn't figure out his location in all the debris.

That's pretty mature for a Pokemon related special, don't you think? Death doesn't normally happen in their world, especially when it resembles a suicide like that.
    It's nice but it doesn't cut the mustard. Or at least to the level you are insinuating.

Until they out right mention DEATH or use some form of the word DEAD (dead, deading, deader, pushing up daisys) their efforts to act mature will go unappreciated. To actually be mature about they have to acknowledge death.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I can't believe that V Faction. How much MORE do you need? (I am by no means defending the special, just this one part) Tell you what, if you walk into a BURNING COLLAPSING building, than we will just not say you are dead, because apparently if we don't agknowledge it it never happened right? CLEARLY he is dead.
    Scrubs (My Cold Shower) JD's closing Monolouge: As I looked at all the relationships around me, Some that had gone on forever, (Cox and Jordan) Some that were reigniting, (Carla and Turk) And some that were had just begun, (Elliot and Keith) I realized something.

It should have been me. (In reference to Elliot while he is taking a cold shower.)
    YES, JElliot is coming back. Screw Elliot Keith, and all its backers.

The end was so stupid. When the M field things spread out over the it was like a Megaman serries. They are such copy cats
    made by babybuttons000

blegh, i was personally a little dissapointed, virtually no pokeshipping (if any hints, at least there were may x misty hints for us yuri supporters ^_^) hints AT ALL, Mewtwo getting Dues ex machina'd. Oh and about that, mewtwo took a bunch of other attacks but dies to VOLT TACKLE?!?!??!?!? DA F***? meh, and the voices were bad too, i was hoping for misty to get a little more screentime but im partially satisfied. overall, 5.5/10 (had a LOT of potential, but just didnt live up to it).
    Altoshipping and Aquamarineshipping, my favorite pairings. MINE MINE MINE!

HxP FTW ^_^

CLICK FOR GREAT JUSTICE!! http://johnnyd2.deviantart.com/journal/23765316/

i couldnt watch because of the voices!!OMG make them stop.make them stop!!!
    im going to hear them in my dreams!!! HELPPPP!!

Uggh...that was just tedious. The basic idea was great to me. The way it was implemented just sucked.

-I don't care that Misty was there. I don't think she's any more or less important than May because of this.

-Mew sounded like a child.

-Did Mewtwo talk in the other special? I never saw it.

-TR's only role was to show off their new voices...(see other thread). They could have just talked to Ash on the phone if they wanted them to have a minimal role.

-Same goes for Max.
    Pokemon White 2 Team

The plot was really good. Personally, the best part was when Mewtwo's hand transformed into Rayquaza! Of course, this was expected since Hyper beam is it's signature move after all

The worst part was Volt tackle. They shouldn't have shown it in the first place, and in the anime Pokemon don't just learn moves with a snap of the finger like in the games.
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

They were ALL new voices (even Wobbuffet) except, surprise, surprise, MISTY! Yes, our favorite (?) Pokégirl, who, I have noticed, had actually been played by someone else with an EXTREMELY similar voice, but today it was the original actress! (Yes I have a very good ear.) Mew's voice was abominable! The original was soooo cute (no offense Zerodius; I like Mew & Mewtwo a lot) but this one was SICKENING! Mewtwo didn't speak (it's only a mirage anyway) but I don't mind. Basically, the special was specifically designed as a launching pad for the new actors since is was not aired in Japan (yet). They were scary!

Please, we must petition vehemently for Pokémon USA to use the classic actors (except that Misty) or lose our love and support for it!

EDIT: Yes, since when DID Pikachu know Volt Tackle??? At least it IS the über Electric attack!
    Either at school or at home playing World of Warcraft. If this post is new, run in terror for it means my return is nigh… or maybe I just have a question of some sort.
    I'm playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness currently.
    Claimed Miranda Otto as my celebrity and MagnaAngemon as teh bishie!
    DON'T CLICK THIS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun
    Oh, and for the record, if you want to create a powerful Pokemon with no weaknesses, all you have to do is create a Sableye that can actually battle worth jack.

Again, I have my Machamp use Foresight followed by Focus Punch. There's Sableye's weakness...Foresight/Odor Sleuth.
    Pokemon White 2 Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    Again, I have my Machamp use Foresight followed by Focus Punch. There's Sableye's weakness...Foresight/Odor Sleuth.
    Y'know jak, most people don't have Foresight on their Machamp...

Then again, most people don't train Sableye either, but what the heck!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Banette
    *Ash watches Misty fall to her death and Pikachu being carried away unconsciously*
    What happened: "haha hi again Mew. How's it going?"
    What should of happened "Swellow, Go! save Misty! Now we need to find Pikachu...."

Oy, awfully written. And ok how about everybody uses one Pokemon against Mewtwo and make sure to push them as far as you can! .
    I know that was bad. I thought ash kida LIke liked liked Misty. PKMN.com mad eall those songs about it and then trashed it when Ash didn't give crap about Misty falling to her death. AGAIN AWFULLY written.
    Last edited by MewMaster; 29th April 2006 at 10:45 PM.
    made by babybuttons000

Yung didn't die. If he did, there would go the plans of the 20th anniversary special.

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by Diljabar
    Yes, since when DID Pikachu know Volt Tackle??? At least it IS the über Electric attack!
    It learnt it during the Battle Frontier saga.

Yung didn't die. If he did, there would go the plans of the 20th anniversary special.
    He's dead. He did suicide you can't deny. I mean....you can honestly thibnk they can't come up with something else for another special?
    Come March 9th, get ready to rock!

I watched this one, and though some of the voices were kind of "eh" at the beginning, by the end of it I think I was used to them. They grow on you. Seeing Volt Tackle for the first time in the U.S. was cool. I was also pleasently surprised by seeing the clips from the old movies. But I do have two complaints, both plot related:

First, only ONE of Ash's Pokémon (Corphish) appears besides Pikachu, and then only briefly. I kept wondering when he'd pull out the big guns. (And by "big guns", I mean Sceptile.)

Second, how come none of the real Legendaries showed up? Mewtwo Vs. the Mirage Mewtwo... now THAT would have been an awesome battle. But no, it was Pikachu and the Mirage Mew that won the battle after getting smacked around for most of the special.

All in all, it was okay. Could have been better, but for an hour-long special, it was definately interesting to watch. I give it a seven out of ten.

Quote Originally Posted by MewMaster
    I know that was bad. I thought ash kida LIke liked liked Misty. PKMN.com mad eall those songs about it and then trashed it when Ash didn't give crap about Misty falling to her death. AGAIN AWFULLY written.
    The DUB made those songs. I find the fact there was no Pokeshipping a GOOD thing and thats not just because I'm an Advanceshipper but because it would drag too far from the plot (and from what I've heard there were enough things dragging away from the plot as it was)

Come to think of it, it was pretty damn stupid of Dr. Yung to invite Misty and Ash and co. to his laboratory. Prof. Oak was really the only one he needed. There was no point in inviting the others. And since Prof. Oak has seen many rare Pokemon in his lifetime (Celebi, Entei, and the birds at least), he could have just extracted the data from his memory.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Y'know jak, most people don't have Foresight on their Machamp...

Then again, most people don't train Sableye either, but what the heck!

heh...because it isn't a threat.
    Pokemon White 2 Team

I give it a 3. 1 for being Pokémon, 1 for being in English, and 1 for have the original Misty actress. That's it.
    Either at school or at home playing World of Warcraft. If this post is new, run in terror for it means my return is nigh… or maybe I just have a question of some sort.
    I'm playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness currently.
    Claimed Miranda Otto as my celebrity and MagnaAngemon as teh bishie!
    DON'T CLICK THIS!!!!

This special is okay, I even recorded it to keep watching this one. VAs? Sound a bit different from others. Misty's Gyarados return once again, but all it use was Hydro Pump. Why it couldn't use some attacks like FlameThrower or Hyper Beam? You know that on monitor where Dr. Yung extract Pikachu's memory into the computer from the past like Lati@s, Entei, Legendary Birds, Lugia, Celebi, but why didn't they show Suicune and Jirachi?

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Bravely Default (3DS XL) and Titanfall (x-Box 360 S)

So thats why there was a Mirage Mewtwo, from Ash and co's memories.

Well one thing's for sure. Despite the wackey voices the special was kind of emotional.....I mean there were moments were it was pretty sad....that I can't deny.
    Come March 9th, get ready to rock!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast