Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

I enjoyed this special. The new voices actually didn't bother me like how others were complaining about them. (However James and Brock's voices needed a little work). I didn't like how mean Mirage Master/Dr. Yung was to Mirage Mew thinking of it as a "flawed specimen". It had it's own personality and soul unlike the other Mirage Pokemon. The battle between Ash and friends' Pokemon and Mirage Mewtwo was awesome to me. Poor Mirage Mew "died" holding Mirage Mewtwo back for Pikachu to finish it off. How this episode was aimed towards all audiences and not only for little kids was pretty good for Pokemon USA's first try. I give this special episode a 9.8/10. Can't wait to see how PUSA will do season 9, for this wasn't bad as many people thought.

Quote Originally Posted by blob
    When did this Special Air in America? between which episodes? (Japanese episodes).
    It aired between "A Symbol Life" (the episode where Ash wins his first Battle Frontier symbol) and "Hooked on Onix."
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Meh, the special was alright. When I really think about it though, even the worst of the voices are not as bad as the theme song that was used. (The PUSA voices grew on me, but that song could never do that.)
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Wow. I'm shocked by how ridiculous people can be by posting really ridiculous complains.

Oak having a Dragonite makes complete sense. It is probably a Dragonite that a trainer like Ash sent him. Either that or he is having a research about Dragonites.

And why people are stating that this was created in America as a FACT? I don't think there is a official statement of this. And the fact that this aired only in America doesn't prove anything. Sonic X Series 2 was created in Japan, and yet it aired over all the world BUT Japan.
    Last edited by ESE; 29th June 2006 at 1:44 AM.

Heere's my 2 cents:

The opening song was, just, BLECH!!!! It was horrible. It sounded like they were trying to rap. Note to Pokemon USA: Rap Songs + Pokemon = BAD! The PokeRap in the classic show was alright.

The whole show was ok, as far as I could tell, the only voices that sounded the same were Max and Prof. Oak. May's voice was way too old for her age, but you all probably agree to that already.

I'm stating this cuz I'm just watching it off my external hard disk now.

Quote Originally Posted by cryztalwing
    I kindoff like May's new voice. I can get use to it. I think it was cool that it was May who save Misty,instead of Ash. Makes you wonder what they could have talk about with each other in between the time it took them to get to were Ash was...
    I thought May did save Misty. Ash didn't even notice Misty fell LOL, though he did care about Mew. I was shocked at Brock LOL He just vanished and went after Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy, the Brock we all know and love would never do that. Sure some times he goes a little crazy in a girl problem like that but when things got serious he knows what do and normally gives Ash advice in dangerous times like those, that's my only complaint. Oh also I dislike Brocks new voice, every one else I didn't mind, James voice kind of irrated me a little but nothing to bad.

After my 78th time watching it, I've grown to like the new voices...(not only that but i've picked up the ability to word it perfectly..o.o)

Now, As long as they don't screw up my Harley i'll be fine.

After my 78th time watching it, i give it an 8/10
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

i kinda thought it was an obvious pilot but whatever, and at least the bgm was good (even had moments os silence)

Wow, I finally watched this again, and there were a few humorous comments I made to myself.

1) If I were a trainer and had to fight against the Mirage System, I'd be like "OMGWTFHAX!" I mean, oh my god. While the idea of the system is INCREDIBLE (and pretty good for taking over the world), I think it was just kinda... backwards. Had Dr. Yung marketed as a simulator, it would have been sweet. Trainers could use it to train their Pokemon against all types of different Pokemon. Oh well, there'd be no conflict then, I guess. It's a shame Misty's Staryu got owned so quickly. That's what she gets for having that boring Pokemon.

2) AHAHA, the good guys kept getting owned. I actually had to pause and laugh everytime Pikachu or whoever got slammed, and Mew's death was extremely pleasing and satisfying the second time I watched it. It's like:

*Mew blocks Mewtwo's Hyperbeam*
    Good guys: AHA! See! Goodness and love will always win!
    Dr. Yung: STFU, noobs!
    *Mewtwo proceeds to beat the crap out of Mew*

It just brought a smile to my muzzle.

3) Oh my God, May's voice scared me. 'Nuff said.

4) I'm just amused at how Misty falls to her death and Ash goes on about Pikachu... only to forget about Pikachu for Mew... then remembers Pikachu, then Misty, then forgets about the both of them. The boy can't multitask to save his life.

5) Mewtwo. Should. Not. Speak. Ever.

6) This show's really amusing to watch. It reminds me of the action of the first season, aka, stand and shoot.

Talking

The voices used in this movie were : yuck! Other than that, it was fine.
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, copy this in your signature.

I'm a hardcore christian first, and a pokemon trainer second

Pokemon Master J.FREAK

SoulSilver friend code: 3653-3029-0235
    Name: Passion

Platinum friend code: 0775-0192-0239

I don't use legendary ubers, I make my own ubers. HA!

if you believe that pokemon deserve to be cared for please join our club

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...NARUTOclub.png

Yatta, everyone join in the apple dance just like Ryuk! lol

Watched the Japanese dub, which felt a whole lot better to me. Say it with me, guys: Rica OWNS.

There was one thing that confused me though--Yung wasn't called Hakase. Just referred to as Yung-kun by Oak and Yung-san by the others.

And for some unexplained reason, the Mirage Master was changed to--get this--Mr. Mirage, in all its Engrishy glory. I was quite amused by how they said it, nya.XD

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I was up really early to see this in Japanese, as it came out. Much better than the English Dub.

I just wish they used a different opening...
    [CENTER]Enjoy Pokemon: Lento Legends, In both FanFic and Audio Versions.

Recent FanFic Chapter: Just Deserts

Recent Audio Episode: Team Rocket vs. Team Rocket

Wonder why it took this long to hit Japanese screens.

And PLEASE tell me this wasn't all they meant by "will May and Max return?". That'd be just cruel.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

I seen the Japanese version today. A lot better than the English dubbed versions.

GoldSilverCrys is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Opal Pikachu13 View Post
    I seen the Japanese version today. A lot better than the English dubbed versions.

OBIVOUSLY.
    like, they messed up with nearly EVERY special ep. Maybe you should go to Youtube to watch some of the jap eps.

By Yami Ookami

My MSN Space! http://kentamarina-lot.spaces.live.com/ For Questshippers!!!

Having watching the japanese version of this online, my final thoughts are; The plot still sucked, the animation was still crap in most parts, and the entire concept was still as cheesy as a Wotsit factory.
    I don't care if it had the original japanese VAs, and I don't care if this was Wakashamo's final appearence in the show. The entire special still wasn't any better than the chewing gum stuck to the sole of my shoe.

I thought the whole thing was really ominous, and with a bit of tweaking, could have been the 'mature' Pokemon that people want to see. I felt the same way about Movie 8.
    And Jessie, Meowth, Max, Misty & Oak sounded fine.

I just saw it on Toomami and they cut it short! It ended when Mew used Protect to stop Mewtwos Hyperbeam. Then the credits came. I am very annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Mudkip Fantastic*~ View Post
    I just saw it on Toomami and they cut it short! It ended when Mew used Protect to stop Mewtwos Hyperbeam. Then the credits came. I am very annoyed.
    i was watching that one too stupid toonami putting an old episode on in the midle
    [IMG]http://i14.*******.com/44teohl.png[/IMG]

A few points made while watching the special:
    Am watching it now on my recorder....I HATE THE DUBS!!! (english).
    1)May's voice is...creepy, a 30something yr old voice from a 10 yr old...*shudder* plus the scripts REALLY need work...since when did Ash say "I'm syked??"
    2)Animation is the worst I've ever see in pokemon...
    3)And how did Staryu get well enough to pull Misty through the lake after Aggron destroyed it?
    4)1st time TR get blown off, you hear a Wobbuffet at the end...Wobbuffett was in his ball...
    5)Tis rather amusing to see Misty, Ash and Pikachu so easily removed by the machoke and machamp...
    6)See what you mean about Ash and his lack of multitasking...IT'S SO FUNNY WHEN ASH GETS KNOCKED OUT!
    7)Even Combuskin's voice is wrong...
    8)Mewtwo is pretty cool though.
    9)Hmmm Pikachu really seems to enjoy getting the crap beaten out of it....

AHHH it ended... I think Toonami are airing it as a 2 parter...
    Overall, something that really needed some help...

Quote Originally Posted by Esperon View Post
    plus the scripts REALLY need work...since when did Ash say "I'm syked??"
    It's 'psyched'.
    And truth be told, I'm.....really not seeing what the hell is wrong with that line. Especially since I've heard the guy say it once or twice before.

May still has the crappy line, "See? Sometimes I can do the right thing." while she saves Misty from her doom.

Utterly repulsive. When did Misty think May couldn't do the right thing? Misty never had any qualms with May in the series at all.

And why would May put herself down like that?

Disgusting, it's almost as if one of the 12 year old Pokeshippers of this forum wrote the plot for this special. I bet if PUSA makes another special down the road, they're have Hikari admit how "inferior" she is to precious Misty, and how darling Ash is off-limits to anyone but Misty.

Ugh.

the voices now are dumb one thing misty sounds younger than may but i know she's older and yep the animations are really stupid the computer flamethrower that mewtwo used missed
    [IMG]http://i14.*******.com/44teohl.png[/IMG]

Mew sounds like a Deranged monley.... XD
    I like her old Movie 1 voice better...
    Don't kiss my eye!'

That ain't Lugia...

Fav Sinnoh Pokemon:

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast