Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    Imagine if Ho-oh had shown up in the memory thingy (Did it?) and Ash said "I told you" to Oak.
    Very funny...-_-; But he saw it far from the ground so it's hard to see the full body of Ho-oh...

It cannot be confirmed whether Dr. Yung is dead or not. There's no evidence to it.

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS XL) and Destiny (X-Box 360 S)

Well, the voices absolutely sucked, but what do I think about the plot of the special? It was actually pretty bad, but if the voices had been kept than it would have been okay, I guess.

Looks like Max and May (and Brock kinda) were all over the special. I still don't understand the point of Misty being there. Her voice was the closest imitation, I think, so maybe they thought it would make them look better. O_o

Dr. Yung being the Mirage Master or whatever was actually pretty surprising to me. I guess there had to be something interesting about this special.

Mewtwo owning everyone with ten attacks at a time was mildly interesting. But its monster-like growls were terrible compared to the human-like voice the normal one has. Well, it could have something to do with it being a mirage Pokemon with crazy power, or something.

This special wasn't that big of a deal, overall. 7/10.

This episode gets a 1/10, only because they tried.

Animation : Pretty average except for the ending with Mewtwo. Other than that, there were some VERY choppy parts, like when Ash/May were being carried off by the Mirage-mon, or when the things were exploding. 3/10

Plot : One word : PLOTHOLES. This episode was riddled with them. And everything was SO cliche. 2/10

Voice Acting : It SUCKED WIND. No enthsiasm or emotion in the voices. May sounds like shes forty. Ash and Brock sound like they have a lung disease. Oak sounds like he breathed in some helium. The only ones that stood up to the test were Misty and Pikachu. I also miss the old voice of Mew from Mewtwo Strikes back. The one in this episode sounds like it's choking on a rock. -5/10

DIE PUSA DIE!

From Generation-X.

DIE PUSA DIE!

....The Japanese made it....>_>
    Come March 9th, get ready to rock!

May *always* does things right
    WOOOOOOOOWWWWW. I echo the sentiment a few posts down from this: Mary-Sue. Thanks for giving me a reason to dislike May even more.

I'll look forward to the bios and episode pics, Serebii. For now, I'm done with this rubbish since I'm feeling a bit outcast because I loved the special minus the voices. Just drop me a PM or something when you've got the bios and pics ready, 'kay Joe?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Ha, I haven't read over all the comments but I'm starting to think I'm the only one who really enjoyed this special.

For one we got some nice character interaction, no one was really standing around being useless, (like Brock standing in the background while Ash did his thing, like has often been the case, you know) they paid attention to all of the characters so I didn't feel like anyone got ditched, really. Besides Max anyway. I really liked the fact that they followed up on Brock talking to Jenny rather than just having him show up at the end with her and her crew of cops. May got a nice scene of bravery rather than just casting her off to the side like I was very concerned about them doing. Everything flowed together really nicely and there wasn't a single area of the plot I felt they abandoned like is the case with a few episodes I've seen.

Everyone played a nice part in it and I loved how involved the human characters were. Sometimes they just focus on the Pokemon too much for my tastes and the characters become so monotonous in some episodes. Everyone seemed dynamic to me in this episode which I loved.

I felt there was a nice conclusion at the end. I felt satisfied, like the episode was complete, I didn't feel like their should have been more to it. Their was an opening for a sequel but it wasn't like, "Why are they ending it there?!"

I loved the May and Misty interaction and the fact that May saved her. Someone said something about Ash not showing enough concern about Misty but that never happens unless it's Pikachu. Look at the Eighth movie for evidence of this.     Spoiler:

Uh...original? Yeah, like having Ash going around for nine freakin' seasons collecting badges/symbols, meeting many random characters with dilemmas is original. Come one, guys, you're being way too harsh with this point about it not being original enough.

And also considering that this was supposedly created by American's (though check the credits, there are a whole lot of Japanese people listed) everyone was kept in character. I was very surprised about that.

Actually I'm sad to say this special kept my interest better than any episode has as of recently. I didn't fast foward through any of it. I'm hoping for a follow up.

Ahh... this special was decent enough, but May with Squirtle was a bit of a surprise for me, mainly because I haven't seen the dub in a while now (because of my job, I missed the Hoenn League and everything afterwards).

I can't believe that Ash forgot about Misty when she fell. What kind of friend are you?! The clips from the movies were a nice addition, though. But this was surprisingly violent for Pokémon, especially the Mirage Mewtwo. Also, and someone else said this in another thread, Mewtwo sounded like Ganondorf in SSBM when he did his war cry. Mew's "death," that was sad. Digimon galore, though. Dr. Yung being the Mirage Master, I saw that coming. And it was nice to hear some silent scenes. Had it been 4Kids, it would be low quality MIDIs throughout the episode.

I won't comment on the voiced here, though. But I agree with what the majority of the people said here.

Overall: 7/10
    Listen, I probably won't be coming here much anymore. I don't know, but I seemed to have lost interest in these forums. Sorry. :/

|Backloggery|

Ha, I haven't read over all the comments but I'm starting to think I'm the only one who really enjoyed this special.
    You are not alone.........this special held my interest a lot more than say, the Grand Festival or the Hoenn League.......Glalie and Clark (that random guy with the Quilava and Charizard) were the only things I liked about said League......(EDIT) Okay, Kaede too. But still.

I think Yung was a great villain, too. He certainly was one of the more wicked characters we've seen in a long time (don't say Harley....he's only evil to people he doesn't like, and has no dreams of ruling the world like Yung did)

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Pokémon Trainer
    I can't believe that Ash forgot about Misty when she fell. What kind of friend are you?!
    Pokemon has never been great when it goes to characters showing concern for other characters. Ash always freaks out when it comes to Pikachu, May freaks when it comes to Max... But most of the time other's are forgotten. It's one of my major annoyances with Pokemon, the lack of concern that the human characters have for their human friends.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    You are not alone.........this special held my interest a lot more than say, the Grand Festival or the Hoenn League.......Glalie and Clark (that random guy with the Quilava and Charizard) were the only things I liked about said League......

I think Yung was a great villain, too. He certainly was one of the more wicked characters we've seen in a long time (don't say Harley....he's only evil to people he doesn't like, and has no dreams of ruling the world like Yung did)
    Glad to hear it. I was starting to think I was the only one. And I agree completely about Yung. Harley isn't evil, he's just misunderstood. There aren't many really evil human characters on Pokemon so it was nice to see one who was twisted and didn't learn his lesson in the end.
    Last edited by Raevell; 30th April 2006 at 1:27 AM.

i dont know why everyone hated mews voice?? it was veerryy cute!!

BUT EVERYTHINGELSEABOUTITIHATED!!!!

I really liked the special and heck I didn't think the voices were that bad..they need work but I'm sure they will be fine in time.

It was sad when mew was deleted so to say :P

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

You sure Dr. Yung commited suicide? For all we know, he could have used underground stairs that were under his lab and used that to escape.
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu
    You sure Dr. Yung commited suicide? For all we know, he could have used underground stairs that were under his lab and used that to escape.
    True, true, but still.......this was a guy insane enough to waste his life developing a system to create Pokémon out of thin air, then insane enough to turn his nose up at a Mew even if it did result from some malfunction in his system. It wouldn't be wholly out of his character for him to have just jumped into the fire, and that look in his eyes right before he turned and went back in.....creepy. Those eyes had the look of a man on the brink.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    True, true, but still.......this was a guy insane enough to waste his life developing a system to create Pokémon out of thin air, then insane enough to turn his nose up at a Mew even if it did result from some malfunction in his system. It wouldn't be wholly out of his character for him to have just jumped into the fire, and that look in his eyes right before he turned and went back in.....creepy. Those eyes had the look of a man on the brink.
    But he said something about wanting to try to fix up the mirage system. I don't think he was intending on dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex
    But he said something about wanting to try to fix up the mirage system. I don't think he was intending on dying.
    He walked into a burning exploding castle. If thats not an intent do die, nothing is
    Hooray for college
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/25qu35g.png[/IMG]
    WRP: Here comes DAREDEVIL! Johto 2010
    GOLD Ripped by yours truley
    Transparent by the grace of Luke Groundwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex
    I got the feeling he was just shooting his mouth off at that point, and thus didn't take it literally. Maybe he was so insane at that point he simply decided he didn't care anymore and went in with the notion of fixing the system on his tongue, but deep down really intending to finish himself off before the cops got him.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

The special was interesting. I will not comment on the voices. It's good to see the narrator guy from the past come back. Max's voice sounded the same.

I just wonder if that one comment James made had any meaning.

"At least we're consistant." Hmmm....

Possible Goof: When Misty saw Mew right away, she recognized it. But how could she have recognized it when in the first movie, they don't remember anything that happened with Mew and Mewtwo? Oh well.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

First of all let me say this. If it wasn't for this site I would be wondering how did Pikachu learn Volt Tackle?But then again all of us on here knows the answer to that but you get the point. Second What was the deal with Brock's VA? It did not even sound closer than Jessie or Max's. Third, this one must have taken place after the 8th movie so why didn't we get to see a Lucario Mirage? Obvisouly this special probably takes place at some point after the Battle Frontier or in the middle between Battle Pike and Battle Palace. The Mirage Master does look familiar *cough*latest episodes of Yugioh *cough*. Lastly the story was mediocre but entertainable but it was the voice actors who ruined it for me.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

The plot was good but the voices, horrible, completly horrible! Plus, Squritle's arms were like shrunken. I got ****** off that Brock did nothing but talk and flirt with Jenny & Joy. No Pokemon for him and Ash, May, & Misty only showed two pokemon. Oh well, I liked it except for those horrible 'sound-alike" voices sound-alike, bull****!
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

was it good?
    i was busy...

I beleive this special was suppost to take place after pikachu learned volt tackle, also max and may seemed to know mew, which also suggests it takes place after the next movie.

"Oh well, I liked it except for those horrible 'sound-alike" voices sound-alike, bull****!"

they sounded like sound alikes to me..what did you expect them to sound EXACTLY like the old voices?

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Whether he died or not is irrelevant in the long run. The fact of the matter is that we will never see him again, anyways.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Heat Man Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    Aggron cannot learn Bullet Seed or Thunder Wave
    O RLY?

The one who creates the script is only half-right.

This whole special was funny, mostly because of Ash's new voice.

Oh dear, what to say about this special that hasn't been already said..............staryu!! Hooray for it returning.

My thoughts:
    Well I had the same idea for a special for this before it was even announced. (I'm psychic) However they handled it very poorly. Loopholes were plentiful. (How does anyone beside TR, Ash, Misty, Giovanni and Brock know about Mewtwo anyway) Well only 5 legendaries were shown not including flashbacks which sucked out loud. I wanted to hurt Ash the entire time. He showed no care for Misty, lost all battling skills, and pushed Pikachu too hard when he had 4 other pokemon ready for battle. I loved Max and Brock's roles....absolutely nothing. Basically what they have been doing all of AG. We need a new group next region...I can't stand these voices. Good to see Oak get spotlight and get some Misty-May interaction. The Mirage Master was Dr. Yung.....how original. Mew was cute.
    Anyways this gets a 3/10 from me....worse than most fillers.

PS: NO BAYLEEF!!! I was waiting for it the entire time and it was halfway over with until I realized it wasn't gonna show.
    Last edited by TwilightFacade; 30th April 2006 at 4:50 AM.

Pics are up on the site now...715 of them

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast