Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

.....Anyone else find it odd that Articuno and Zapdos appeared, but Moltres didn't? I don't really see a problem with Moltres, as it's basically the same Pokémon as Articuno and Zapdos in the animé, but with a different Type. I'm not complaining about Entei, but it seems kinda strange to me.....

At first, I thought the same about Cradily not appearing with its prehistoric counterparts, but then I remembered it would have difficulty running after Ash and co.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    .....Anyone else find it odd that Articuno and Zapdos appeared, but Moltres didn't? I don't really see a problem with Moltres, as it's basically the same Pokémon as Articuno and Zapdos in the animé, but with a different Type. I'm not complaining about Entei, but it seems kinda strange to me.....
    Weird yeah, but the other Legendary Beasts didn't appear so I guess some made the cut and others didn't. C Blizz that also brings up the point Tracey and Elm appeared by Birch didn't, you know the other Prof's did. So I guess Cradily, Moltres and Birch weren't good enough

I actually didn't think the special was all that bad. But towards the end they sort of rushed things. I looked at the clock, thinking it was 10:30 eastern time but it was actually 10:45. I was like "They didn't have the big battle or have Mew do something big yet!" The voices weren't all that bad, if they are to be the new ones I could probably live. But some I didn't like that much.

Like: Oak, Misty, May, and Jessie <= with all but May I could hardly tell them apart
    Dislike: Ash - way too kid-like. Brock - sounded way too old and rough, almost what I pictured Brandon's voice might be. James - too nasaly and whiny for my taste. Meowth - don't know, just didn't like it
    Meh: Max

Oh, and with the battling against Mewtwo I was like "You guys have more than one PokeMon, use them!"
    Coming soon...

Banner: Made by Azure Wolf

i cant wait to watch it xD It looks amazing
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

Right, just rewatched it and found some things I disliked about it:

-The voices:
    • *They'll haunt my dreams forever..

-Battle against Mewtwo:
    • *Ash must have been seriously damaged. Iron Tail against a fire attack? Wtf?

• *Ash being all "OMGOSH PIKACHU, ATTACK MEWTWO!" when the thing is as good as done. Last time I checked he had several other, maybe even stronger, PKMN with him..

• *After trying with several PKMN and attacks, all that was needed to take out Mewtwo was a single Volt Tackle from Pikachu? Geesh..

-Mew:
    • *It recieved some major damage after a Thundershock from a mere Magnemite and neither could it fight, yet it could return after being destroyed and 'damage' Metwo with ease?

-The ending:
    • *Everyone going "Wow, Mew was like the best!" sure ruined the whole thing..
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Short summary:
    Music: Japanese BGM's, good. Intro rivals Chronicles
    Voices: Misty - good, May - bad, Ash - bad, Brock - bad, Jessie - good, Oak - got better, Yung - mediocre
    Plot: Bad
    Animation: Above average
    Violence: Lots
    Rating: 6/10
    Opinion: Change voices.

End of post.

It's nice to see Misty again. She was great in the show. I wish AZsh had to save her and not May. The special was actaully pretty good aside from the voices and Combusken getting to appear (even though I liked it when he was battered by Mirages).

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Storywise, why must PokemonUSA/4kids/whoever made this constantly glorify Misty?

She's the one who gets a full battle against Aggron, gets to go with Ash inside the castle (while May and Max have to wait outside...wtf?), and is essentially the best battler.

Also, what in the world was May's, "Looks like I can do something right," line about when rescuing Misty?

Does PokemonUSA really think Misty must be constantly glorified and that May isn't as important as her, when the actual series says the exact opposite? This Misty glorification is highly irritating, thank god the Japanese writers don't do things like this.
    When May gets a whole ending devoted to only her, that's fine. But when Misty gets more spotlight in a US exclusive special when she is no longer a main character anymore, it's a crime. That's definately not fanboyism there.

Season One Complete!

I don't know if it's true but Dr. Yung seemed to have similar motives of manipulating pokemon to that of Professors Nanba and Sebastian of Team Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Torky Stu
    Weird yeah, but the other Legendary Beasts didn't appear so I guess some made the cut and others didn't. C Blizz that also brings up the point Tracey and Elm appeared by Birch didn't, you know the other Prof's did. So I guess Cradily, Moltres and Birch weren't good enough
    Actually, I'm fairly certain I saw Birch right before Elm. I think Professor Ivy was left out though.

One question, which was the impression of Ash and the others when they saw Mewtwo?. I mean, could it be something like this?:

+ Ash: No way!. It's Mewtwo!!.
    + Prof. Oak: Mewtwo?. What kind of Pokemon is that?.

And by the way, if there's more people now (besides Ash and co.) who know the existence of Mewtwo, that mean we could see him again soon?. (And I mean the REAL Mewtwo).

I just saw and heard the opening. Wow. Rap? o__o What were they thinking?

Credit for the image goes to NickelBuckle9, a Gaia Online user

The team pictured above is my in-game team for SoulSilver. =)

Hmm, 2nd opinion.
    Brocks voice is bad still, Max's I could live with, May still older. Ash's aint too bad, but needs to show a bit more emotion. He sounds a bit like Richie to me. Jessie not bad, James, waaay too posh. Meowth, almost the same as before.

End of post.

I Cant wait to watch soon xD And is it any good?
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

The special didn't really live up to my expectations, but it was pretty good anyway. During the opening rap I was like, "Ah! It burns my ears! Turn it off!" I kinda wished it was a bit longer because it seemed like it only lasted 30 minutes to me. The main plot was pretty good in my opinion. This special could've been a WHOLE lot better with the old voice actors. I was complaining about the voice actors most of the time while I was watching it. Though I have many complaints, I'll still watch it about a million times as I do with every other Pokemon movie or special I have on video and I definately think it was worth watching.

EDIT: Just something I forgot to mention... There was kinda a plot hole in the special. How did Dr. Yung know about Mewtwo? Not even Prof. Oak knew about Mewtwo! Only Ash, Misty, Brock, and their pokemon at the time of Mewtwo Returns know about him, and they promised that they wouldn't tell anyone else.
    Last edited by Colosseum Heroine 1991; 30th April 2006 at 11:21 PM.

Credit to Rainbow Latias for this awesome trainer card!
    (Sprites on TC from pokesho)

My Deviantart
    [/Shameless Self Advertisement]

I won a caption contest. Twice, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa
    And by the way, if there's more people now (besides Ash and co.) who know the existence of Mewtwo, that mean we could see him again soon?. (And I mean the REAL Mewtwo).
    Good point.

Anyway this Special has been both annoying and an insparation to me.

I have got a parody comic planned, there won't be isults of the voices (Though Ash will say "Whoa! I appear to have hit puberty") just my typical crossover comic style humor and 4th wall breaking.

Also if I ever finish my Pokemon/Harry Potter crossover I will make a sequel that includes     Spoiler:
    as the Pokemon Villian with his     Spoiler:

What annoys me are little things like the following;

1) Ash isn't ment the one to suggest spliting up, its ot like him
    2) May should have said something along the lines of "You can count on me" whe saving Misty rather than the line that obviously means something.

My notes:

1. worst. intro. song. ever.
    2. Ash was way out of character too many times
    3. at least when Yung siphoned Pika's memories there were no Mewtwo Strikes Back clips -- at least the writers weren't that retarded
    4. Dr. Yung's comments on Mewtwo make absolutely no sense -- although he could have seen Mewtwo flying around, hacked into Gio's computers, looked at Bill's door ... lol
    5. I really dug the violent PK battle scenes -- this made the special watchable
    6. I was kinda hoping MM would be revealed to be Setau Kaiba -- at least then the whole hologram-battle monster plot would be a funnier blatant ripoff of YGO concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    The credits state the writer as one Shinzo Fujita. It's also under the "Japanese Production" part of the credits. So yeah, it was written in Japan.
    I know this is going back rather a good amount of pages, but I just wanted to quickly add in something here. At 42:25 in the video, there's a credit for "Script Translation". The translation group is well known for translating video games from Japanese to English.

moonlit_flames Guest

First off, the intro was terrible. The voices were just...strange. But it seemed that most of the time, they didn't seem exited, more like bored. The plot was kinda bad. Mew was anoying, its voice was really weird too.

In my opinion... The voices are not that bad, they just need some more actual acting. As for the special itself... It was enjoyable, but now I'm vaccinated against Prof. Yung and the likes of him. I swear, I felt like he was meddling in things he shouldn't. There were a load of times where I just wanted to shout "Why don't you just SHUT UP" at him. O_o Personally, I didn't like the whole Mirage System idea, I think the writers could have come up with a better idea for a 10th year celebration. It was interesting, but not my cup of tea.

Overall... (short summary form by skarmachild)
    Music: Good, Japanese music. Deoxys's theme caught my ear.
    Voices: Not bad. Need some acting lessons, but they're not that bad.
    Plot: Interesting and intense. Not that I liked it, though.
    Animation: Better than in regular episodes.
    Violence: Loads of it.
    Rating: 7/10
    Opinion: Not bad, but I didn't like it that much(see above).

And now, the amazing dancing Zoroark!

...Well, fudge.

Hmm..It had a pretty good theme. The whole mirage and anti-digital Pokemon thing reinforces the whole series' message about Pokemon as friends, creatures with their own faults but with specialties and personalities. Plus, it's pretty relevant to what we're doing with technology today.

Overall, the special was nice. I said this somewhere else before...but I guess that one good thing about the fact that May now has an older voice is that she sounds more like an older sister. But anyway, I'm sure these new voice actors and actresses will definitely get better. Let's give them time.
    My White FC: 0132-1250-5458

Quote Originally Posted by moonlit_flames
    First off, the intro was terrible. The voices were just...strange. But it seemed that most of the time, they didn't seem exited, more like bored. The plot was kinda bad. Mew was anoying, its voice was really weird too.
    Might as well tell you that this Mew has the same VA as the Japanese Mew in the 8th movie. The 8th movie Mew has a different voice than the 1st movie mew. The thing is the VA for the 1st movie Mew is still working on Pokemon, so not sure why they had to switch the voices.

End of post.

re: voice of Mew -- I suspected that, but I wasn't sure ... now I am

The voice actors arn't actually a big problem, they are just a very dramatic change from the ones we are used to. But they script from what I have heard is very flawed, characters are OOC and these cheesy jokes just arn't funny.

VulpixTrainer Guest

Well, to be honest, I liked it, the plot was rushed... but it was an hour long with comercial breaks, what do you expect any way? But the voices....well, ash's voice was diffrent all the way back in the beginning, and it changed... so did meoth's.... and well, at the end of the special, I was use to their voices...

As for Dragonite.... come on Professor Oak is... well, he is the greatest Pokemon Professor as stated in the Pokemon Anime, so why shouldn't he have a Dragonite?

As for the themes... this must be one of the most mature I have seen, I mean, death is in it, and they talk about how man shouldn't fiddle with the mirage system to create Pokemon without weakness. It is pretty deep for a show.

I liked the plot, and well, I must have been blind, I didn't expect the MM to be Professor Yung, I want to say Young, to be the same people, I mean, if you are a bad guy, would you put two professor's in the same room? I wouldn't.

I also liked how MM was surprised at seeing the clipits from Pikachu's mind, it was nice cameo's of them, but what happened to his mind? Does he still have the memories? Or are they uploaded into the computer banks?

As for the debrie falling, I thought... oh my, a sequal, and that I look forward to, espessially if they make it a movie, or even a three parter, I have a feeling that we will see more of the Mirage System, which I think is simulare to the Battle CD's... don't know if anyone else thought that, but that's just me, and since everyone it seems is rating it.

I rate the special as a 9/10, it could do some work, but I still liked it.

Not much to add here. I agree with everyone who thinks the scripting sucked and that the plot was blah. I don't think we got a good idea of who Young really is or how he's tied to Oak. And I wish Jenny, Joy, Brock, May, Max, and TR weren't even in the special, because they served next to no purpose aside from perhaps saving Misty, but that could have been accomplished by Swellow, as somebody else said.

However, I may be heartless, but while I did find Mew's "deletion" sad, I wasn't overly bothered. She/it wasn't a real Pokemon anyway. As for a supposed soul, what about the other mirages. Did they become mirages because they lacked inherent souls? I think I'm not understanding how the mirage system works.

The storytelling really seemed rushed. Overall, it felt like bad fanfic. And I don't care that this is canon. It's mediocre.
    My OTPs. I also like Rocketshipping.

Paired with ~Ampris~ in the InsanelyLongPMsship

Proud member of the Club for Brock's Fans. The character's sadly unappreciated these days.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast