Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    Could anyone tell me which pokemon head Mewtwo's arms turned into to land the fiinal shot on Mew?
    Looked like a Tropius head using Solarbeam.

Anyhow, this Special disappointed me. Yes, May was here, but she really didn't do anything except save Misty. Her voice was horrendous, the worst one by far, and she seemed very OOC throughout the whole Special with her strange calmness.

Anyhow, the only voices I even liked were Jessie's and Jenny's. Both sounded quite good, and Jenny's new one was actually better than the old one. However, two good voices don't make up for a plethora of terrible ones.

I'm glad Mew and Mewtwo weren't real. The plot really wasn't anywhere near good enough for either of them.

Mirage Mewtwo was kinda cool, though. Its dead silence made it seem very menacing, which was surprising. When it opened its mouth, though, I was pretty disappointed ._.

The Mirage Master being Dr. Yung.....Saw it coming a mile off. Notice how Dr. Yung was never heard from after the Aerodactyl carried him off. They should've shown him a couple of times afterwards. Or, better yet, they could've had him alongside the Mirage Master to throw us off. But, no such luck. They made it overly-obvious.

I was sorta hoping that Volt Tackle may have been some hybrid of Quick Attack and Thunder, but that was a slim hope. Continuity goes out the window.

Speaking of continuity, there was actually a lot more of it in this episode than I had expected. I can't name specific instances(the Special really is that forgettable >>), but I'm pretty sure every characters' reactions to Mewtwo were the way they should be(May didn't recognize it, Misty did, etc.).

That Professor Elm cameo was actually the best part of this mess, I think. Since Johto ended, Elm basically stopped existing. Seeing him again was excellent, but it wasn't enough to save this.

Dr. Yung's exit was a bit cool, even if it is a pretty obvious excuse for a sequel ._.

lol Oak's Dragonite. Shameless showcasing of a big, powerful Pokémon ftw. Watch the orange bloke never even appear again after this

This actually was sorta violent. Mewtwo beat the sense out of Mew with its own hands before slaying it with Solarbeam. And Mewtwo slammed Dragonite to the ground with its tail after slugging it in the face. To me, that's a lot cooler than a bunch of big explosions spawned by colliding attacks.

Oh yeah, and lol at 263 people viewing this Section xD

Overall rating:
    7.5 out of 10

It wasn't as bad as it could've been, luckily. But it wasn't even close to being a proper anniversary special. As I've said before, this isn't the sort of payoff I'd want after 10 years of Pokémon.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

Whats with all the opening hate?I thought It was pretty good. While be it, I was adjusting the Antena the whole time, so maybe the Fuzz coverdf up the bad partd
    Hooray for college
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/25qu35g.png[/IMG]
    WRP: Here comes DAREDEVIL! Johto 2010
    GOLD Ripped by yours truley
    Transparent by the grace of Luke Groundwalker

Sure cater to even more Kanto fans who do not know anything about what Pokemon is now. I'm surprised Gary or Charizard didn't show up.
    Well, it does take place in Kanto... =S Theoretically there shouldn't even be any Johto/Hoenn pokemon.

Oh well.

well, this special can be desrcibed with one word: Craptacular

well, I was expecting cream of corn, but I got cream of crap.

okay, enough with the simpsons references, the special's plot is about as corny as Pokemon Live's plot. Though thankfully they didn't break out into song, although the intro made up for the missing lameness.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I'm gonna try to get a quote from the song
    "Yo Pokemon Master Your Heart Beats Faster!But dont let it get to your head young trainer!The road is long and filled with Danger!First You Kick in Kanto!Then you head to Johto!Dont know where to go try to go with the flow.Everybody knows how the fever is growing.Watch out next stop might be Houen!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius
    Well, it does take place in Kanto... =S Theoretically there shouldn't even be any Johto/Hoenn pokemon.

Oh well.
    One word.Migration.

Oh well.
    Thats not the point it is still Advanced Generation and should be showcasing Advanced Pokemon like the rest of the battle frontier.

I'm gonna try to get a quote from the song
    "Yo Pokemon Master Your Heart Beats Faster!But dont let it get to your head young trainer!The road is long and filled with Danger!First You Kick in Kanto!Then you head to Johto!Dont know where to go try to go with the flow.Everybody knows how the fever is growing.Watch out next stop might be Houen!
    Picture that sung by a crappy Sean Paul imitador.

Joe was right, the write was Japanese.

On to business. The idea of fighting holographic Pokemon sounds kind of interesting. However, the making them know odd attacks kind of defeats the purpose because you're trying to form a strategy against the real life version.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

OK, I know I'll get my head shot off for this, but besides the voices I loved it.

Dr. Yung/Mirage Master was a good character. They gave him a bit of a backstory to develop his personality more, very good.

The Mirage Pokémon were amazing, especially Mewtwo. That thing it did with the heads popping out of its body to fire off attacks was freaky in a cool way.

I had to chuckle at May's line when she helped Misty in the tower inside Yung's castle. "See, I can do the right thing sometimes".......heh.

Oak having a Dragonite was weird, but so what? I'd rather see a Dragonite over his Charmeleon/Charizard from 4Ever or his Pidgey from "Will the Real Oak Please Stand Up." Did anyone catch the password he gave Mirage Master for his computer system? It was "REDGREEN." Cameos from Tracey, Elm and Birch were nice touches too. And especially the clips from The Power of One, Spell of the Unown, 4Ever, and Heroes---those were surprising to see.

The ending was a sort of tear-jerker in Pokémon's way, with Mew being sucked back into the Mirage System. I think that Dr. Yung killed himself by jumping into the fire at the end, that would explain why Officer Jenny couldn't find him---his body burned.

Overall, while not perfect, this definitely topped the last movie---Destiny Deoxys---and while it doesn't top Jirachi Wish Maker as my favorite movie, it is an easy second or third.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

At least they used a ton of BGM's from the Japanese episodes.

Oookay; judging by what I've read, this special was, to quote PDL quoting Bart Simpson, craptacular. Well, as I'm in the UK, I obviously haven't seen this and I'll see for myself how bad this thing is.

I'll see if it comes out on DVD later on and order it of Amazon. But I will say this: Oak with a Dragonite?! Is that random or what?
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki
    One word.Migration.
    One other word: indigenous. :-p Really though, it doesn't bother me. We've seen Kanto/Johto/Hoenn Pokemon out of their respective regions before, and the majority of these Pokemon were mirages (i.e. not actually real and thus not actually from the region) anyway.

The plot wasn't very good, but I wasn't expecting much anyway.

I missed the credits, so I don't know who animated it. Throughout the special there had been some faces and whatnot drawn a little awkwardly (Mew being an exception--they clearly missed a mark, or at least took a new direction, with it), but overall... it wasn't THAT bad. If this was an American animation department attempting to emulate Pokemon style, I think they actually did a good job, and wouldn't object to seeing them again... as long as they don't replace the original team. Something about their coloring and outlines didn't match the original, though, and said "I was done on a computer!" too much.

If it was a Japanese animation studio, though, I'm a little disappointed that they'd farm out a 10th anniversary special to a studio less capable than the usual studio.

The background music was noticably improved. Unless it went over my head, I didn't hear any generic synth that our dub series usually gets. I hope this trend continues and we get all the original BGM in the next dub series.

The opening was pretty bad, sorry to say.

It was cool to see a quick Elm appearance!

Overall, while not perfect, this definitely topped the last movie---Destiny Deoxys---and while it doesn't top Jirachi Wish Maker as my favorite movie, it is an easy second or third.
    It's not a movie....it's a a special....meh whatever. Anyway it was...okay. I mean it has some minor flaws but it waass ind of worth it in the end. The fact the original music is used is good as well.
    Come March 9th, get ready to rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki
    One word.Migration.
    And Besides that, any pokemon featured were Mirages for the most part.

Did anyone else find the ending... bad?
    I mean, Pikachu pulls VT out of nowhere, and just Leaps through Mewtwo?

On the other hand, all the unedited Pokemon on Pokemon Violence was awsome

Did anyone catch the password he gave Mirage Master for his computer system? It was "REDGREEN."
    Yeah, I forgot about that. I guess that works and all, but, Kids wont know what Green Version was!
    Last edited by Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix; 29th April 2006 at 5:51 PM.
    Hooray for college
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/25qu35g.png[/IMG]
    WRP: Here comes DAREDEVIL! Johto 2010
    GOLD Ripped by yours truley
    Transparent by the grace of Luke Groundwalker

I found it cool with Mewtwo having Rayquaza hands.Also with the 3-D fire.

I actually liked the Pokemon rap, it was a change of pace.

I honestly thought, that when Mirage Master shot those things out of the castle, I was thinking of Megaman Axcess's dimesion area (or whatever it was).

I kinda liked the special, even though it's not all the way over. Though it kinda felt like a Megaman Axcess type thing.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

I liked the special actually. I've already commented on the voices in that thread so I won't say anything about them.

Dr. Yung/Mirage Master was a good character. I don't really understand why he killed himself in the fire but whatever.

Oh, and May's line after saving Misty: "See, sometimes I can do the right thing". lol...just lol

Where the hell did Oak get Dragonite from? Can someone PLEASE explain that to me!!!!!

We could've had more Pokemon voices such as Ash's Swellow, Jessie's Sevpier, James's Cacnea, etc.

I liked the background music they used from the movies. That was cool I thought.

Overall, I'd give the special a 6.8/10.

Storywise, why must PokemonUSA/4kids/whoever made this constantly glorify Misty?

She's the one who gets a full battle against Aggron, gets to go with Ash inside the castle (while May and Max have to wait outside...wtf?), and is essentially the best battler.

Also, what in the world was May's, "Looks like I can do something right," line about when rescuing Misty?

Does PokemonUSA really think Misty must be constantly glorified and that May isn't as important as her, when the actual series says the exact opposite? This Misty glorification is highly irritating, thank god the Japanese writers don't do things like this.

I loved the thought of Mirage Pokemon. Personally, I liked Dr. Yung.

However, I swear that Ash and gang lost ALL sense of strategy. Seriously, Iron Tail against an Entei's Flamethrower?

Mew's death was alarmingly Digimon-esque. But Dr. Yung's comment afterwards was priceless. I was thoroughly impressed with that.

Dr. Yung/Mirage Master was a good character. I don't really understand why he killed himself in the fire but whatever.
    To go down with all the hard work you made? To simply give up because your ideas are not accpted and you're pride and honor is hurt? Went insane?

I just wonder when the Japanese will show this special....

From what I hear not many people seem to like it, I havn't seen it yet myself so I can't really give my opinion. As for the complaints about the theme song, how bad can it be? After all when anime shows have rap its actually much better than that rubbish in the charts, at least in Pokemon rap theres no mindless swearing every sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
    Yeah, I forgot about that. I guess that works and all, but, Kids wont know what Green Version was!
    Fire Red and Leaf Green ring a bell?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

What happened to that classic pokemon rap about the original one hundred and fifty one....that rap beats the rap of a company who conrols Pokemon in the United States of all things...

Fire Red and Leaf Green ring a bell?
    Oh that password was a nice reference!

Quote Originally Posted by Torky Stu
    Banner XP Phew when Crowler got mentioned I got scared D:

I bet someone posts the opening on Youtube *waits for said person* I wanna get my ears majorly hurt :P

Ah. Okay. Thanks. I have a strange urge to do a parody 'fic of this episode/special.

Credit for the image goes to NickelBuckle9, a Gaia Online user

The team pictured above is my in-game team for SoulSilver. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem
    Mew's death was alarmingly Digimon-esque.
    Yeah, it did remind of a Digimon type thing, like when Patamon's first time digivovling into Angemon, and it got defeated...it dissappeared like Mew, looking back, everyone sad.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast