Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    Fire Red and Leaf Green ring a bell?
    *Looks in his gameboy* Well, if that was for that refrence Wouldnt "FireRLeafG" Be better?
    Hooray for college
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/25qu35g.png[/IMG]
    WRP: Here comes DAREDEVIL! Johto 2010
    GOLD Ripped by yours truley
    Transparent by the grace of Luke Groundwalker

Quote Originally Posted by WaterKrystal
    Yeah, it did remind of a Digimon type thing, like when Patamon's first time digivovling into Angemon, and it got defeated...it dissappeared like Mew, looking back, everyone sad.
    Oh yeah. I was like "OMG DIGIMON" and then blinking. I'm a huge Digimon geek.

BTW, what did the password spell out?

Credit for the image goes to NickelBuckle9, a Gaia Online user

The team pictured above is my in-game team for SoulSilver. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
    *Looks in his gameboy* Well, if that wawss for that refrence Wouldnt "FireRLeafG" Be better?
    no, I was getting at that kids would know about Green's existence.

Dummy.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

R-E-D-G-R-E-E-N

That was the password basically.
    Come March 9th, get ready to rock!

Quote Originally Posted by WaterKrystal
    Yeah, it did remind of a Digimon type thing, like when Patamon's first time digivovling into Angemon, and it got defeated...it dissappeared like Mew, looking back, everyone sad.
    I guess when anything is data is has to break up into thousands of little bits of information whenever the life line reaches its end.

Mew: 011101001 1001 100001 0100101000 10011110100
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Bloody Skull Guest

I thought it was alright. Nice to see Professor Oak receive a good amount of screentime (is a fan of the professor, yes she is). I also thought Dr. Yung was an interesting character and loved the interaction he had with Oak.

Now, onto what I hated:

1. JJ&M were utterly useless. Really, they could've been given something important to do >_>

3. The intro. Man, was it cheesy.

3. The voices. They were all horrible.

Overall, 7/10. Not great, but certainly not awful.

Hey kids!

Professor Oak is a leading Pokémon professor who is allowed to have his own Pokémon for research, training, and perhaps one of the Pokémon he had in his youth was a Dratini! Why are you all so astounded and furious he had a Dragonite?

I liked it.
    Misty was unneeded, but she didn't necessarily intrude, so I don't have a real problem with it, aside from the principle of having had to put her into it unnecessarily. Dr. Yung had no real reason to bring Misty and Ash there, since all he needed was the password from Oak, and could've just tortured some other Pokémon so he'd give it up. TR was plot shafted, and a lot of characters ended up being assigned into unusual positions so they'd stay out of the way for most of the episode, apparently.

Theme song is terrible--that was just for this episode, right? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    thank god the Japanese writers don't do things like this.
    No, they're too busy forgetting the first Kanto arc ever happened...
    Diamond Team:

Oh yeah, forgot to say, I liked Dr. Yung's reaction to Mew's first death. "Good riddance.....Flawed specimen." Very cool, probably the best dialogue in this entire episode. Shame Ash had to ruin it with a cliché, "You've got a lot of nerve talking about Mew like that "

Speaking of dialogue, I openly cringed when Misty called Ash, "Mr. Smartypants." OK, I realize the show panders to the children a lot, but can we at least have some more mature insults? -_- Especially as the rest of the Special had some surprisingly big words for Pokémon, like specimen and extract.

I was actually glad to see Oak do something here, rather than having his hair shafted off like the rest of the cast. Still, it would've been so much cooler to see Elm instead of Oak. Ah, beggars can't be choosers. Oak was good enough for me. Better than having Misty interacting with Yung(which I strongly suspected from the beginning. So I'm glad they didn't, especially as Misty would probably get some cliché line about Pokémon being our friends and such), anyhow ._.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Last edited by ≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈; 29th April 2006 at 6:08 PM.
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Storywise, why must PokemonUSA/4kids/whoever made this constantly glorify Misty?

She's the one who gets a full battle against Aggron, gets to go with Ash inside the castle (while May and Max have to wait outside...wtf?), and is essentially the best battler.

Also, what in the world was May's, "Looks like I can do something right," line about when rescuing Misty?

Does PokemonUSA really think Misty must be constantly glorified and that May isn't as important as her, when the actual series says the exact opposite? This Misty glorification is highly irritating, thank god the Japanese writers don't do things like this.
    I don't see how Misty was exactly 'glorified.' Sure she got a full battle versus Aggron, but Yung ate her alive. That's not exactly glorification.

And sure, May didn't go into the castle right away. But she did, and even saved Misty. Unless, of course, you would have rather seen Misty killed off for good in this special.......

Noone ever implied in this that Misty was better than May, I think you're just looking for things to complain about that don't exist.....

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ralts Master
    No, they're too busy forgetting the first Kanto arc ever happened...
    What just because theres no episodes where they meet characters from the first series, big deal it was obvious they wouldn't.

I kinda found it unbeleiveable how Mew was able to float around the mirage pokemon and not be attacked, you think that someone with complete control of the system would not do a thing about it.

oh yeah, and the bit about how a soul cannot be converted into data, pure corn
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    Noone ever implied in this that Misty was better than May, I think you're just looking for things to complain about that don't exist.....
    But she was there for the sake of being there (Like I said when this special was revieled)

BTW, what did the password spell out?
    REDGREEN...as in the first two Pokémon games!

I thought the special was rather cool. Really great looking battles(Volt Tackle looked especially awesome), and Mew was so awesome(adorable, too~)! Mewtwo was pretty cool...though I was almost expecting the Mirage Master to be him(remember when he told Mew to get out?)!>_>

Yung being the Master would've came out of left field...but it seemed so obvious afterwards it seemed like something straight out of Scooby-Doo!>_<

I recorded the episode, and will watch it again to get a feel for the new VAs.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    I kinda found it unbeleiveable how Mew was able to float around the mirage pokemon and not be attacked, you think that someone with complete control of the system would not do a thing about it.
    Just one other way to dance around the plotholes and have Mew be super cute! ^_^
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

This episode was terrible. I did not like the plot at all, and the voiceovers were awful. It seemed superficial that mirages were so powerful and had many different attacks. Just, a bad plot idea.
    I will no longer post on these forums. Goodbye

Can someone please clarify why May said "Looks like I can do something right"?
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT
    Yung being the Master would've came out of left field...but it seemed so obvious afterwards it seemed like something straight out of Scooby-Doo!>_<
    Yung: I would have gotten away with it to, if it wern't for you meddling kids
    Ash: Didn't you invite us?

Crystamon Guest

I think it was pretty okay. It wasn't like a real movie, and they had to fit it all into a one hour time-slot. So it wasn't that bad. I think the bit about Mew having a soul was neat. That's probably why Dr. Yung kept calling him a "flawed specimen." He probably would have been like all the others except for something that caused him to become "flawed."

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmof
    Misty was hanging on a ledge about to fall to her death, and May grabs her arm and saves her. Misty looks up and May says, "See? Looks like I can do something right."

Absolute BS. The scumbags at Pokemon USA/4kids constantly glorify Misty and make May look like a nobody. Disgusting.

Well, I managed to survive the US Exclusive special, and it made me think this: It's almost as if Janice Kawaye, the voice of Ami and her cat Tekirai, from Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, is the voice of Mew.
    It's been too long since I've been here.

RK454 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphate
    This episode was terrible. I did not like the plot at all, and the voiceovers were awful. It seemed superficial that mirages were so powerful and had many different attacks. Just, a bad plot idea.
    I just saw It as using legendaries to boost ratings.... Yeah It was bad....

Absolute BS. The scumbags at Pokemon USA/4kids constantly glorify Misty and make May look like a nobody. Disgusting.
    Easy there buddy. Misty after all was the one who needed the saving and not May. That and she was the one who lost to Dr. Yung badly in the regular battle.
    Come March 9th, get ready to rock!

The only voice that I hated was James' voice. It just sounded odd. All the other voices didn't bother me too much.

Although, I kept on thinking about Monkey D. Luffy when I heard Ash's voice. Even though the two voices don't sound exactly the same, I still expected to hear Ash do Luffy's laugh XD

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmof
    They might be trying to make cirtain Misty fans shut up with their bashing of May souly because she is a female lead character (Which would also explain why May saved Misty)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast