Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    They might be trying to make cirtain Misty fans shut up with their bashing of May souly because she is a female lead character (Which would also explain why May saved Misty)
    OR it could be the other way around. A play on words to piss other fans off.

OR it could be nothing at all--just some stupid dialogue that people are going to get all huffy-puffy about.

I'm betting on the latter.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    OR it could be the other way around. A play on words to piss other fans off.
    Exactly, I mean why would she really need to say that, unless they had an arguement which I doubt.

and suddenly it becomes a Misty/May debate, fan-freakin-tastic.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    OR it could be nothing at all--just some stupid dialogue that people are going to get all huffy-puffy about.

Judging by CC's reaction, I'd say it served its purpose.

I think I'll start to become pissy because characters I like (Adan/Noland) are no longer in the anime, or because Noland was the first Brain defeated and Brandon is being played up to be something to special.

See how pointless that is? GET OVER IT. MISTY WAS IN THIS SPECIAL ALONG SIDE MAY!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Misty was hanging on a ledge about to fall to her death, and May grabs her arm and saves her. Misty looks up and May says, "See? Looks like I can do something right."

Absolute BS. The scumbags at Pokemon USA/4kids constantly glorify Misty and make May look like a nobody. Disgusting.
    Thanks for the explanation. So I take it there was a lot of animosity between the two in the Special? Otherwise I really don't understand why May would say that. Unless PUSA believes that your average American Pokemon viewer just hates the girl and needs an excuse to reinforce that hate.
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

Looks like it. Maybe we should focus on a different character now like....Dr Yong! He seemed pretty good as he had a back story and pretty clever with his whole plan.
    Come March 9th, get ready to rock!

Storywise, why must PokemonUSA/4kids/whoever made this constantly glorify Misty?

She's the one who gets a full battle against Aggron, gets to go with Ash inside the castle (while May and Max have to wait outside...wtf?), and is essentially the best battler.

Also, what in the world was May's, "Looks like I can do something right," line about when rescuing Misty?

Does PokemonUSA really think Misty must be constantly glorified and that May isn't as important as her, when the actual series says the exact opposite? This Misty glorification is highly irritating, thank god the Japanese writers don't do things like this.
    I'll kill myself laughing if it turns out the Japanese wrote the special.

I haven't seen it yet, but maybe May's line was simply a reference to her slight 'airhead' personality (not that she's really an airhead, but she can be a bit dizzy sometimes).

May saving Misty sounds far more like MAY-glorification to me. But hey, I'm sure a little thing like logic isn't going to prevent the Mayniacs from pissing and moaning. *gets popcorn*
    Last edited by Jo-Jo; 29th April 2006 at 6:31 PM.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Well didn't anybody notice the beginning that the Japanese did have a hand in the special?
    Come March 9th, get ready to rock!

I didn't read anything past Satoshi Tajiri. Was it more than just the standard 'Created by' credits for the Pocket Monsters series?
    V | Faction

According to The Big Al, I was right and the Japanese did write it so nuh

I missed it on purpose! I recoreded it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    I'll kill myself laughing if it turns out the Japanese wrote the special.

Either way, why would May have a line saying, "See? Looks like I can do something right."

It makes it sound as if May is a bumbling idiot, who is always messing up and is not as good as Misty. I mean, if this was very early Hoenn I can see a line like that working...but in the Battle Frontier saga?

May *always* does things right, that's why she keeps winning so many Contests as well as battles. To hear May play second fiddle to Misty as if she were "below" her, is absurd.

On the bright side, there were no Pokeshipping hints in this special. ^_^ Thank god.

I don't want to sound pushy, but do you think you'll have pics for the special up quickly, Serebii? I'm asking because looking at pictures often helps me get inspiration for my fanfics and I think those pics will help me greatly.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I don't want to sound pushy, but do you think you'll have pics for the special up quickly, Serebii? I'm asking because looking at pictures often helps me get inspiration for my fanfics and I think those pics will help me greatly.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    According to The Big Al, I was right and the Japanese did write it so nuh
    Oh the irony.

May *always* does things right, that's why she keeps winning so many Contests as well as battles. To hear May play second fiddle to Misty as if she were "below" her, is absurd.
    But it's not as if Misty is a slouch in battle herself. She is a Gym leader and, as much as I love May, my money would be on Misty winning a 1-on-1 battle. Now, a contest, on the other hand...

But I definitely understand your anger at that line. It sounds like something May would've said in the first five Hoenn episodes, not after competing in a Grand Festival.
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

Chances are they'll be up by tomorrow morning my time

I was looking forward to this special but it really wasnt that great in my opinion and im not usually one to complain about Pokemon episodes. Right from the start i was disappointed. The animation looked really weird. Did the Japanese artists do this or was it some american trying to copy it? The professor was cool but him being the master mind was kinda obvious after a little while. The mirage pokemon were cool and im glad Houndoom, Mightyena and Absol were amungst them. Machoke and Machamp i could have done without. They appear so much its annoying. Mewtwo as another main pokemon for a special, eh its getting old. Mewtwo is awesome yes but is it really the strongest of all pokemon? The cool thing about this Mewtwo is how other pokemons heads appeared on its hands to do attacks. Reminded me of Apocylamon in Digimon season 1. I did like seeing Mew, its so darn cute. Cant wait for the 9th movie. All in all it was an ok special, not great or good just ok.

Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

Banner by me ~RT

Either way, why would May have a line saying, "See? Looks like I can do something right."
    One can only HOPE it was supposed to mean something different but they used the wrong words

It makes it sound as if May is a bumbling idiot, who is always messing up and is not as good as Misty. I mean, if this was very early Hoenn I can see a line like that working...but in the Battle Frontier saga?
    What bothers me is its not the kind of thing you'd say to someone unless you've had an arguement which means the line is obviously supposed to mean something.

Quoted for truth

On the bright side, there were no Pokeshipping hints in this special. ^_^ Thank god.
    Thank God

i cant wait to see it though xD
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

Dunno. Ask the Japanese writers. (if they did indeed write it... eheh. ^^;; )

Sounds to me like the two girls were quite nicely balanced out. Misty got to go in with Ash and battle Yung; May saved Misty from a squishy death. Nobody was glorified or bashed. Exactly as expected.

May *always* does things right
    No, she doesn't. She does some things right, some things wrong, and some things she lucks out on. Just like all the other characters. I swear you want May to be a Mary-Sue.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Yung: I would have gotten away with it to, if it wern't for you meddling kids
    Ash: Didn't you invite us?
    I could've sworn Yung DID pull out the 'meddling kids' quote!>_<;

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

No, but it's nice to see May not play second fiddle whenever Misty happens to show up. In the Mirage Kingdom episodes it was fine, since the entire storyline was centered around Togepi, so it made sense. Misty was the heroine in that 2-parter.

The Cleffa episode was also great, because both Misty and May bonded/showed concern for darling little Max. Excellent.

In this special though, Misty took center stage for most of the episode. It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't give May that horrible line that degrades her character.

In any case, even in an U.S. produced special does Brock get the shaft! Heck, the guy was written out for most of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    No, she doesn't. She does some things right, some things wrong, and some things she lucks out on. Just like all the other characters. I swear you want May to be a Mary-Sue.
    Buts its not sometimes is it?

In this special though, Misty took center stage for most of the episode. It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't give May that horrible line that degrades her character.
    Professor Oak had the most speaking lines in the special.

Oh CRAP! Could he be taking potential away from May and degrading her as a character?

Quick! We need to act!! Make May a Professor of Pokemon right this instant! We can call her Professor Pussywillow!
    V | Faction

It was just a self-deprecating little joke. I don't see what the big deal is.

Professor Oak had the most speaking lines in the special.

Oh CRAP! Could he be taking potential away from May and degrading her as a character?

Quick! We need to act!! Make May a Professor of Pokemon right this instant! We can call her Professor Pussywillow!
    lol

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast