Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    In any case, even in an U.S. produced special does Brock get the shaft! Heck, the guy was written out for most of the episode.
    Maybe Tracey will rejoin the main group. El oh el.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo
    It was just a self-deprecating little joke. I don't see what the big deal is.
    The point is it's not the kind of thing May would normally say.

As I requested earlier, can someone please post some instances of an argument or some kind of animosity between Misty and May in the special? Because then the line would make sense.
    Last edited by Gazmof; 29th April 2006 at 6:44 PM.
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

I absolutely loved use of the word 'Johto' and half second clip of Elm, and of Tracy. That was probably my favorite part. I only wish they had squeezed in the Orange Islands in that horrific rap. I also liked the clips from the movies.

The story was okay, and the ending where Mew died was *gasp* actually sad. Violence was a lot more... intense, and you really actually felt for the Pokemon. Especially when Mew got shocked by Magnemite and Pikachu got slammed headfirst into a wall.

The story was a bit rubbish, and the ending didn't feel like the ending. Ash shoulda atleast said bye to Misty and Oak.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has Pikachu even learned Volt Tackle yet?

On the bright side, there were no Pokeshipping hints in this special. ^_^ Thank god.
    I could've predicted that. I laugh at everyone who acted as if that was the only reason Kasumi was in this and it was the end of the world.
    ~

I'm just pleased there wasn't any shipping in this, aside from Brock/Officer Jenny.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Deity
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but has Pikachu even learned Volt Tackle yet?
    I have no idea when this is set, apparently the only Pokemon of Ash's are Pikachu and Corphish and he has them with him now.

If people hate the theme for the lyrics, please do post them up because I'm dieing to know what is the problem with this song (I may note I like the One Piece theme and the Digi-Rap)

I thought the special wasn't that great plot-wise or from the VAs (except Misty, Dr. Yung and Mew).

What did stand out was that this seemed more violent that Pokemon usually is in the dub.

The original BGM was great, because it was quiet when it was SUPPOSED to be, instead of how 4kids would let some sort of music run during a sad moment.

Man, and I also thought this is the gosh-darnest most cutest Mew ever. It beats both movie Mews HANDS-DOWN.
    I actually was a bit sad when Mew went away... ;_;

Oh, and Misty and Ash seemed to have been groped by Machoke and Machamp. :O

It pretty much sucked, though. Even the filler-est of fillers in Pokemon have better stuff than this. e_e
    xNodame is my Bishoujo! MUKYA! >:3
    xCurrently playing: MinDeaD BlooD (PC), Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Wii), No More Heroes (Wii) [Lots of stuff]
    xCurrently watching: Nothin' [Playing too many games]
    xCurrently listening: Ayako Ono - [TWO OF US]
    <---

[ HAZUKASHII~!]

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
    | Anime List | Youtube Account | Website |

I'm kinda surprized that nothing was mentioned about the 4th generation or Pokemon Ranger XD
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    I'm kinda surprized that nothing was mentioned about the 4th generation or Pokemon Ranger XD
    Well I don't think they expect people to know about that in the US (They lack knolage of SPPs existance)

What the hell was Oak saying, when he sent out the Dragonite, to block Mewtwo's attack? The first time. It sounded like Whisper. XDD

It looked like Whirlwind, though.

The darker side of me.

Credit to Kevin of TNZ.

Bishie: Nanako... Not too interested that much to put a pic, but still, you can't have her. =D

if this was not posted but spoiler bolt tackle being use by pikachu!! he is going to learn it later after ash joins frontier

Quote Originally Posted by OverClockedZero
    What the hell was Oak saying, when he sent out the Dragonite, to block Mewtwo's attack? The first time. It sounded like Whisper. XDD

It looked like Whirlwind, though.
    Twister.

And this begs the question: Should this special be canonical or not?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Twister.

Ohh. Thanks. No wonder it sounded like "Whisper". XDD

The darker side of me.

Credit to Kevin of TNZ.

Bishie: Nanako... Not too interested that much to put a pic, but still, you can't have her. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    According to The Big Al, I was right and the Japanese did write it so nuh
    The credits state the writer as one Shinzo Fujita. It's also under the "Japanese Production" part of the credits. So yeah, it was written in Japan.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Twister.

After watching it, it should be considered canon. Obviously this takes place after movie 8, so that's how everyone recognizes Mew.

The only thing off is Pikachu with Volt Tackle, but then again since Squirtle wasn't a crybaby, this probably does take place after Eevee's egg hatches.

There's nothing much too contradict it.

Any word on the animation director, Al?

Twister.

Yes it is Canonical. There is nothing to put it out of Canon and many references to keep it in...they just aired it at a screwy time, and should have aired it after Pikachu learned Volt Tackle

So Japanese written, Japanese produced...I believe a mod here owes me an apology?

Ok...It just started here on the west coast...and all I have to say is one thing: Eww.

I HATE The new voices they are HORRIBLE (well, I like Misty, Max, and Jessie) I now fear to hear some of the main pokemon's voice...>< God help us all....

Edit: I thought people were supposed to go through puberty...not reverse through it...*coughcoughAshcoughcough* does anyone else think he kinda sounds like Luffy from One Piece?

and what is with the sudden new pronounciation(sp?) of pokemon? (pokamon??)
    Last edited by ハルカ and ゴンベ; 29th April 2006 at 7:20 PM.
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

After watching it, it should be considered canon. Obviously this takes place after movie 8, so that's how everyone recognizes Mew.

The only thing off is Pikachu with Volt Tackle, but then again since Squirtle wasn't a crybaby, this probably does take place after Eevee's egg hatches.

There's nothing much too contradict it.
    Yes it is Canonical. There is nothing to put it out of Canon and many references to keep it in...they just aired it at a screwy time, and should have aired it after Pikachu learned Volt Tackle
    I'm too tired to give a crap about the time placement any more.

I was speaking more on the attack and Pokemon roster side of things. Oak now has a Dragonite, Misty's Staryu has Bubblebeam, and should we even bother with making Dr. Yung/Mirage Master his own list of Pokemon? That's what I'm curious about and want to see what other people think.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Did anyone else feel that, even though this special was made for American audiences, it still felt like a dub? Some lines were forced, or said bizzarly. Even though it was animated for America, they still felt the need to match up the mouths?

As for the episode itself... it seemed like a nice start to a bigger plot. The evil Doctor gets away in the end, etc. It's too bad we'll probably never see him again (maybe the 20th anniversary) because he could make an interesting reoccuring villian. While we're not aloud to speak about the voices, I felt that they actually took away from the episode itself.

I wished we could have seen some more legendary pokemon. If they were going to go that route, they may as well have thrown in the whole kaboodle, instead of just Raquazza's head, have the dragon himself show up. I did love seeing Dragonite vs. Mewtwo though, that was an anime fight I've wanted for quite awhile.

I watching it right now you want my opinon, ****ing Corny They don't even pronouce the name correctly I'm about ready to Blow it off, it's just ****, May voice sounds like she's an adult just wrong, Ash's voice is just horrible, So is
    Professor Oak's voice, Overall horrible so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxpsyco
    Ok, I'm out, this is turning into a game of spin the bottle O_o.

they just aired it at a screwy time, and should have aired it after Pikachu learned Volt Tackle
    I wonder how they'll explain Pkachu learning Volt Tackle in the actual episode its supposed to learn it in

Isn’t it a little selfish to say that May should have a larger role?
    Here Roll will be big enough in the up coming episodes

Professor Oak had the most speaking lines in the special.

Oh CRAP! Could he be taking potential away from May and degrading her as a character?

Quick! We need to act!! Make May a Professor of Pokemon right this instant! We can call her Professor Pussywillow!
    Look out May fans...
    Be careful May fans everyone knows that Tracey will replace May (not to mention Elm)

The Point is This topic isn’t a May VS Misty topic.

It’s an Topic about the latest Pokémon special which wasn’t bad.
    I’m glad that not the real mew died.
    I'm also a little worried about the intro song.
    Wouldn’t be really lame if the new intro song would be something like that

Quote Originally Posted by ~Satoshi~
    and what is with the sudden new pronounciation(sp?) of pokemon? (pokamon??)
    Ah, the sweet memories of the very first season.
    I can almost remember when they said that, and I would think, "hey, isn't that supposed to be "Pok-eh-mon?"

It seems that PUSA didn't get the memo.
    xNodame is my Bishoujo! MUKYA! >:3
    xCurrently playing: MinDeaD BlooD (PC), Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Wii), No More Heroes (Wii) [Lots of stuff]
    xCurrently watching: Nothin' [Playing too many games]
    xCurrently listening: Ayako Ono - [TWO OF US]
    <---

[ HAZUKASHII~!]

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
    | Anime List | Youtube Account | Website |

Like the words of Comic Book Guy in The Simpsons, worst voices ever. If those are the new voice actors, I am never watching Pokemon again.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpkmnrox
    Like the words of Comic Book Guy in The Simpsons, worst voices ever. If those are the new voice actors, I am never watching Pokemon again.
    Don't you mean the dub? Because the Japanese havn't changed their voices.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast