Page 1 of 129 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dub Voice Discussion!

Default New Dub Voice Discussion!

Use this thread to discuss the new Voices and Voice Actors brought into the field for the special: "Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" & Season 9.

Don't speculate on other voices, just discuss the revealed voices

In the netherlands the voices used for the movies are really really bad.

Now you can choose to listen to the English voices.
    I'm afraid that now the english voices are also different the up comming movies will turn out really different,

Just give it a chance. I did the same with Loonatics Unleashed, and I actually liked it! But after THIS week, there's gonna only be ONE episode of Pokémon every week, and Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island will come back with new episodes.
    It's been too long since I've been here.

I don't think the new voices will be in the Onix episode, or any of the rest of the episodes Kids WB will air. This is sort of a preview of the voices, they won't change in the show till Season 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    I don't think the new voices will be in the Onix episode, or any of the rest of the episodes Kids WB will air. This is sort of a preview of the voices, they won't change in the show till Season 9.
    You are right, the voices won't change until Season 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I think Ash won't go to Kalos right away and there'll be a time skip, thus his grown hair and all. Alexa would leave alone and meet Ash again when he arrives to Kalos.

I hope these new voices are good! If I can't last 5 minutes with them, I will not watch the rest.

Everyone, if they get bad ratings on this special, they might change the voices back! Listen to them for 5 minutes, if you like them, KEEP WATCHING! If you don't, STOP WATCHING NOW AND WRITE A NEW LETTER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadian Kyuubi
    Everyone, if they get bad ratings on this special, they might change the voices back! Listen to them for 5 minutes, if you like them, KEEP WATCHING! If you don't, STOP WATCHING NOW AND WRITE A NEW LETTER!
    If you do that, you won't get to hear all the voices. =_=

This thing wll probably recieve incredibly high ratings, for the sole fact that the internet is going loco over it, and the ad has Mewtwo, so people will watch the whole thing. I definitely know I will, just to see what the heck the special is about, first of all.

By the way, it seems that I live in Florida, and I'm going to be one of the first people to see this special. =P

(Anyone who's on GMT-5 will catch this first, unless I'm mistaken, and The WB shows it all at the same time throughout the country)
    xNodame is my Bishoujo! MUKYA! >:3
    xCurrently playing: MinDeaD BlooD (PC), Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Wii), No More Heroes (Wii) [Lots of stuff]
    xCurrently watching: Nothin' [Playing too many games]
    xCurrently listening: Ayako Ono - [TWO OF US]
    <---

[ HAZUKASHII~!]

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
    | Anime List | Youtube Account | Website |

I will cry if May gets a bad voice. :/

I predict that the differences between most of characters will be ever so minor, yet a select few will still pop some vessels over it.

Well it airs in 11 mins.

Wow, they sound like they have sore throats :P And May finally hit puberty ^-^

The intro's unbearable, though -__-

Misty sounds fine, though. So does Jessie (& Pikachu^_~)

Actually it reminds me of the early Kanto episodes. The VA's not the greatest, but I'm sure they'd grow into the part. Give 'em..... eight years

Brock sounds like a high-pitched Butch.
    Last edited by Porygandrew; 29th April 2006 at 4:17 PM.

Alright, it's on right now where I live.

There's some odd opening going on, and it seems May and Max are in this special. So we'll probably hear their voices in the special somewhere.

The animation ain't half bad, either.

I'll post what I think of the voices as soon as I watch a little more of the special.
    xNodame is my Bishoujo! MUKYA! >:3
    xCurrently playing: MinDeaD BlooD (PC), Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Wii), No More Heroes (Wii) [Lots of stuff]
    xCurrently watching: Nothin' [Playing too many games]
    xCurrently listening: Ayako Ono - [TWO OF US]
    <---

[ HAZUKASHII~!]

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
    | Anime List | Youtube Account | Website |

My ears! These earmuffs do nothing!

LX
    I am the author of the webcomic, Starbolts and host of the comic review show, Comic Showcase. Please check out the action here: http://starbolts.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cferra1227

O.O

Ash scares me....they're ok but really....its creepy!!

The intro is retarded anyways Ash sounds good Brock's sounds a bit bad.

Mistys ok.COME BACK NEW VOICES!!!!!!!The new ones stink
    I love Skitty.

OHGOD. The intro... it burns! IT BURNS!

The voices are annoying. I think I'm just used to the old ones, though.

I can't stand Brocks. @__@ None of them emote of course, but neither did the old ones.

Ugh, I think it'd be better if they didn't try to imitate them. Yeah...

:O So Misty sounds close to normal?

May has a high/typical girly voice?

Ash sounds normal?

What about Max, James, Jessie and Brock ect? (If they get on screen, or for when they do?)

EDIT: Damn all my questions were answered pretty much xP Except like what's wrong with this intro then?

that intro was painful. May sounds pretty old but the others are okay by me. It's kinda surprising how close they're able to mimic the originals, even if I'm able to tell the difference.

EDIT: Oak wtf
    Last edited by Brinstar; 29th April 2006 at 4:09 PM.

WOW! Ash sounds horrible! I do like May's voice it makes her sound older but she's only 10 so the voice doesn't really suit her. I'm liking some of the voices that sound very accurate like Max, Misty, Jessie. However Meowth and James just sound fake. Another thing, the opening sucked...badly. I like music in the background and the animation looks better.
    Last edited by mangod/pikachu; 29th April 2006 at 4:09 PM.

The sad thing is, Misty sounds the best out of all of them. Yet of course she's the one who we won't see again for a very long time...

May's voice is deeper than I expected...

Ash is awful. ><; He reminds me of somebody... not sure who... maybe Richie?

Brock sounds OLD. Like OLD OLD.

Credit for the image goes to NickelBuckle9, a Gaia Online user

The team pictured above is my in-game team for SoulSilver. =)

May,Jessie,James and Meowth sound the same.

It's only 5 mins into it but ash and brock sounds horrible. Misty sounds like normal but it dont matter since she is not a main char. I can learn to accept may's voice. Did james get a voice over?? Max sounds horrible too but i always hated max so i dont care how his voice sonds. Oak sounds horrible as well but he's not a main char either so it dont bother me. I just have to get used to it i guess.

And they only showing 1 new pokemon a week now?? That sucks.

The plus side is that they're using original Japanese music, but we'll all have to get used to these new voices. Misty seems the most original. Ash sounds like a grown up version of Dub Koby from One Piece.

Just remember, we didn't know how the voices would sound until after we've heard them.

EDIT: Man, this thread is gonna increase with posts as fast as the Signature/Avatar Disappearance thread.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Page 1 of 129 123451151101 ... LastLast