Thread: The Odd Egg

Default The Odd Egg

What Pokemon hatched from your Odd Egg in Crystal Version? Did you soft reset to get the one you wanted? Did you use it during your play-through? The baby Pokemon hatching from it had a %14 chance of being shiny in international game versions (50% in Japan), one of the highest in any Pokemon game. Did you get a shiny?

When replaying Crystal, I got a Tyrogue egg and kept SR-ing it for a shiny - except that I didn't know how to SR eggs, and I had saved while the egg was a step away from hatching! I kept soft-resetting, frustrated that my Tyrogue wouldn't shine!

Tell us about your Odd Egg experiences!

~Psychic

Amazing art gift by the talented KCW! Check out his other art here!

One-Shot Fan Fics:
    Forgiveness
    Under Control

My Odd Egg hatched into a Shiny Pichu on my first try on my first save file on Crystal!!
    It was awesome that it was a shiny, but it didn't look very different than a regular Pichu so I was a little disappointed lol
    Sage Chow sent out Bellsprout!
    #bluecollargoldswagger
    May StarClan Light Your Path

My Odd Egg hatched into Tyrogue both times that I played through Crystal version tbh. It wasn't Shiny either time sadly, plus I never bothered training it. :x

I have played through Crystal twice and recieved the Odd Egg both times. The first time, I got it after I had beaten the game and was very surprised. Since I didn't know what could hatch from it, I thought it would hatch into some super-rare or legendary Pokemon, was hoping for a Celebi. Instead, it hatched into a shiny Elekid. Which is better than nothing I suppose, especially since the chance of getting a shiny was rather low in the international versions. On my second playthough, it hatched into a non-shiny Smoochum. I had planned to train this Smoochum and leave it unevolved as it gained better moves through level-up compared to Jynx, and I liked Smoochum better than Jynx (and I still do). But I never got around to training it since I just didn't have the motivation to do it.

On my last full playthrough of Crystal, I really wanted to get a shiny Magby or Smoochum from the Odd Egg to use on my team. So, I ended up hatching the egg and soft resetting many times. I remember hatching at least one shiny, an Igglybuff iirc.

I never got the shiny Magby/Smoochum I was looking for. Eventually, I was just so bored with soft resetting over and over that I gave up and saved after hatching a Tyrogue. Don't think I ever used that Tyrogue lol.

I also hatched the egg during my previous Crystal files, though I can't remember what I got at the moment.
    ~ * * ~

My first two files I didn't even know it could be a shiny and I got Tyrogue both times, so for years I thought that was all you could get.

The Odd Egg is something I missed in the remakes.

Since I have only played Crystal once,I remember that the Odd Egg hatched into a regular Cleffa.Later,I found out that the baby Pokemon had a chance to be shiny,but never really bothered with Crystal again because of low motivations.Too bad the Odd Egg wasn't in the remakes,though.