Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2341

Thread: G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    ^ Yep something like that. The time only goes up when I actually play the game and not in real time So I can't get Lapras unless if I play the game for like 48 hours which is too much. Same with the Bug catching contest. I'd have to wait just under a day ingame time to get them :S
    Aww, that sucks. =(

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSnap View Post
    Question:
    what moveset would you reconmmend for my bayleef? - future meganium
    and heracross?
    their movesets are as following as of now:
    bayleef lvl30
    - synthesis
    - razor leaf
    - poison powder
    - reflect
    heracross lvl29
    - endure
    - counter
    - horn attack
    - fury attack
    I'm planning a Meganium moveset of something like this:

-Sunny Day
    -Solarbeam
    -Synthesis
    -Earthquake

Or if you don't like weather, you could go

-Razor Leaf
    -Earthquake
    -Return/Reflect/Light Screen
    -Iron Tail/Reflect/Light Screen

I rarely use the screens (Reflect and Light Screen) except in serious battles like the E4, so I went for the weather setup one. The second set (if you take out the screens) would be a purely attacking Meganium, though you can throw in Synthesis in there somewhere... I just find it pointless to have Synthesis and Solarbeam if there's no sunlight active.

-Reversal
    -Megahorn
    -Earthquake
    -Return

That's an all out attacking Heracross. You can also try Rest + Sleep Talk strategy if you feel like it.

Anyway. To make a long story short, I finally got a Lapras. ^_^ I trained Miltank to L26~ before going into the Burned Tower, then challenged Morty. Magby evolved into Magmar during one of the battles with the trainer. =D I debated for a bit whether to wait until she learns Flamethrower first or not, but in the end I just evolved it. It's only 4 levels anyway.

And after that, I went to the Union Cave. I had no Pokemon that can Surf, so I had to go catch Slowpoke first. >.> Anyway, now my team is complete, and I'm training Lapras to L30 to be on par with the other team members.

.. Speaking of training, I love that route where you can catch Miltank. In the morning, you can get Raticate and Pidgeotto for lots of EXP. And occasionally, Miltank and Tauros. Aha.

Aaaaaand I also have to start collecting money to get the Thunderbolt tutor for Lapras. Hmm. Wish I have an Amulet Coin now :x I wonder when I'll get that. *goes check a walkthrough* Apparently not until after Pryce.

Waaaaaait. *checks walkthrough again* Apparently the tutor is only available after the E4. Ah well. Hmm. Looks like I'll simply have to be content with ThunderPunch on Magmar for now.

After defeating blaine at the gym I went ahead towards the cursed heatbutting trees and spent at least an hour trying to get the following Pokemon Exaccute,Pinco,Aipom,And Heracross. Thank God I managed to catch them all within a hour our else I woulda gone rage quit! Anyway after that I went and actually looked at the Pokedex deciding to catch some Pokemon Including, Hoppip,Psyhduck,Ekans,Jigglypuff,Corsola, And I might go for nidoran both male and female tomorrow so yeah besides the fact That I have to return to the daycare to pick up my pichu egg other than that that's it really.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

thanks arceus03!
    ive considered sunny day combo for bayleef, all of my pokemon are still underleveld, so i have plenty of time to level them up and shape their movesets as i wish.

also::
    what do you suggest for my donphan??? lvl30 current moves
    - defense curl
    - mud slap
    - flail
    - swagger

this is what i imagine in the future::
    - earthquake
    - mud slap - for sole purpose of accuracy, damage is just a bonus
    - defense curl
    - rollout

??? when do you suggest i evolve eevee to umbreon?
    before 30 for confuse ray, or after 36 for baton pass???

UPDATE::
    beat rockets at mahogany, diasabled the electrodes and ceased the signal to the lake
    training a bit before battling pryce and the swines!!!
    Sage Chow sent out Bellsprout!
    #BLUECOLLARGOLDSWAGGER

After I defeated Will at the Pokemon League building, I headed into Koga's room. The battle against him was a lot tougher since Koga's strategy revolved around using Sleep, Poison, and other status ailments rather than sheer force like Will used. I managed to defeat his Forretress and Ariados using simple type advantages, but his Crobat was a lot more challenging since it used Double Team to dodge most of my Magneton's Electric-type attacks. Koga's Muk was tricky as well since it kept using Minimize to increase its evassiveness. I defeated it eventually using Typhlosion's Earthquake attack, but then Koga sent out his Venomoth, which was also a challenge due to its Supersonic attack. Once I had managed to defeat it using Flamethrower, I healed my Pokemon with Full Restores and I saved before moving on to Bruno's room.

Hweeee. Nothing much has changed since the last update. Well, I got my Lapras up to L30, then tackled the Lighthouse. Now for that dreaded journey to Cianwood. I've stocked up 10 Super Repels from the PokeMart, wondered if that would be enough... Maybe another 5, just in case. I'll definitely evolve Bayleef before challenging the Cianwood gym, he's already at L31. Maybe try to get Ice Beam on Lapras (L36) if I feel like it... I'll see first. lol.

That aside, Cianwood, here I come.

... Or maybe not just yet. XD I have a program scheduled this weekend until Sunday I believe. I'll continue my adventure after that. For now, I need sleep. *shot*

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSnap View Post
    thanks arceus03!
    ive considered sunny day combo for bayleef, all of my pokemon are still underleveld, so i have plenty of time to level them up and shape their movesets as i wish.

also::
    what do you suggest for my donphan??? lvl30 current moves
    - defense curl
    - mud slap
    - flail
    - swagger

this is what i imagine in the future::
    - earthquake
    - mud slap - for sole purpose of accuracy, damage is just a bonus
    - defense curl
    - rollout

??? when do you suggest i evolve eevee to umbreon?
    before 30 for confuse ray, or after 36 for baton pass???
    No problem

Hmm... Donphan doesn't quite have a large movepool in Gen 2. I'd say breed and get Ancient Power, because Rock + Ground has excellent type coverage, but I know you wouldn't do that. Even I won't. XD So, working with possible TMs, I'd say your set is already good, it's just that it takes quite some time to set up the Rollout. (You'd want to Defense Curl for a few times, and only Rollout. Even then, the number of turns would be somewhat the same if you just use Rollout and let the damage accumulate.) I guess you could consider Return instead of Mud Slap, but I can't really think of anything else.

For Umbreon, it really depends on what you want him to be. For me, I find Baton Pass for in-game isn't quite so useful as in the competitive area, so I'd pick Confuse Ray. Then again, it's really up to you how you want your Umbreon to be. The sad thing about Umbreon is that he's only ever so useful for stalling, and in-games, you don't really stall that much. You usually go straight for the kill. I guess you can Mean Look the opponent, Screech and finally bombard it with Shadow Ball, but I guess that's about it. I've never really had experience with Umbreon so I can't help you on that one.
    Last edited by arceus03; 19th November 2011 at 6:40 AM.

I had been playing my Silver Version a lot recently. I'm at the Elite Four, currently, grinding away. Right now I'm getting my Heracross up to Level 52 for Megahorn, so I can destroy Karen. My Espeon can tank through everything else. I also just evolved my Seadra into a Kingdra to handle Lance, if necessary. I have a Skarmory tentatively on my team, but I don't really have a need for it. I just can't think of anything better to use.

My current team consists of:
    Lv. 46
    Lv. 40
    Lv. 63
    Lv. 27
    Lv. 46
    Lv. 46

I'll start from when I left off. I started my Surf to Cianwood. I decided I was going to go down the bottom of the Whirl Islands and battle the trainers on the way there and battle the ones North on the way back. I finally arrived at Cianwood and restored. I got the Shuckle of a random person in the houses (I won't even use it :P) and then set off for the gym. I entered, Battling every trainers and getting my Pokemon alot of exp. Chuck wasn't very hard either. Quilava beat Primeape and Ampharos took care of Poliwrath. I left the gym and someone outside gave me the HM for Fly (Shame I had no-one to use it). I restored and saved on the shore to get ready to Surf again.

Current Team
    - Lv 34
    - Lv 36

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

I entered Bruno's room at the Pokemon League, and I challenged him to a battle. He sent out his Hitmontop, and I used Noctowl against it. Its Fly attack was enough to defeat Hitmontop, but then Bruno sent out his Onix. I switched out to Quagsire and I had it use Waterfall on Onix. That was enough to defeat it, and then I fought against Bruno's Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Both were defeated thanks to my Noctowl, and then I used my Typhlosion against Bruno's Machamp. I won that match thanks to Flamethrower, and then I moved on to Karen's room. She sent out her Murkrow first. My Magneton defeated it with Thunder, and then I used Noctowl against her Gengar. Confusion was enough to defeat it, and then I fought her Umbreon using my Piloswine. Its Blizzard attack missed, but it still defeated Umbreon with Take Down attack.

Ah ha. I'm done with my program, and so I resumed my journey. I started off at Cianwood, having Surfed there (and only used 2 Repels and 2 Super Repels, I believe). Saw Suicune and battled Eusine. And stumped the old lady when I showed her Shuckie, the Shuckle I got from that house in Cianwood. Not planning on using it, but at least it served a role by... moving the boulder inside Chuck's gym. Ahaha. I'll give it back to the man when he asks for it.

That aside, I have been training like crazy. Started off at L32~, I leveled up my Pokemon to L39 and L40. Lapras was a bit harder to train (since he only has Body Slam and Surf... and Surf is NVE against those Tenta-) Anyway, now Scyther has Slash and Lapras has Ice Beam.... And Miltank learned Rollout. ^_^ Magmar also learned Sunny Day (I might put Sunny Day on Magmar instead of Meganium since Magmar learns it naturally so I don't have to waste a TM, but I'll see first.)

Then I challenged Chuck.... well, more like curbstomp. Primeape went down with one Wing Attack from Scyther, and Poliwrath took two Razor Leaf attack from Meganium. The first turn around, he was busy Mind Reading. Oh well.

After that, I GOT FLY! YAY! No more Surfing back to Oli.... Oli... vine.... Damn, I don't have a Pokemon that can use Fly. Thought of catching Mantine but then realized Mantine cannot learn Fly. So in the end I had to Surf back. Oh well.

Then I gave the SecretPotion to Jasmine, bla bla bla, and headed to the gym and we had a match!

... I mean, another curbstomp. Magnemite went down with Flamethrower (yeah... I got Magmar to L41 on the way) and Steelix went down with Surf. Funny how I used to struggle against Jasmine when I first played Crystal. At that time, I didn't train my Pokemon and only used them in trainer battles, so I had a L28 Graveler at that time trying to magnitude Steelix, who keeps Iron Tailing and fainting my Graveler all the time. Ah well. Good times, good times.

So now, onward to Mahogany Town. Yay.

^ You saw Suicune and Eusine? I never saw them in Cianwood. Where about's are they?

^ You saw Suicune and Eusine? I never saw them in Cianwood. Where about's are they?
    At the northernmost part of Cianwood. I'm not sure if it's a required event for you to fight Eusine and catch a glimpse of Suicune so that you can fight Suicune later in Ecruteak, but I'd just do that, just in case.

After I defeated Karen at the Pokemon League building, I had to heal my Pokemon with Max Potions since they were worn out from the recent battles. I then entered Lance's room, and I challenged him to a battle. He sent out her Gyarados first and I used my trusty Magneton against it. Its Thunderbolt attack defeated Lance's Gyarados, and then I had to face off against his first Dragonite. Piloswine won that match with Blizzard, but then I had to battle Lance's second Dragonite. I used Typhlosion against it, but the battle was really difficult. I won with Hyper Beam eventually, and then I faced off against Aerodactyl. I defeated it thanks to Quagsire's Waterfall attack, and then I used Piloswine against Lance's last Dragonite. I defeated it with Blizzard attack, and then I used Magneton to defeat Lance's Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    After I defeated Karen at the Pokemon League building, I had to heal my Pokemon with Max Potions since they were worn out from the recent battles.
    Something my friend told me... It's cheaper to stock up on Hyper Potions if your Pokemon have their HP lower than 200. Just thought I'd point that out

Anyway. Now I'm back in Goldenrod. Went to Mahogany and the Lake of Rage... (if that's what it's called. lol). Caught the Red Gyarados and went to the secret hideout. Wasted all the Rockets and shut up the broadcast thingy. After that, went to sweep Pryce's gym. He should really have higher leveled Pokemon than Jasmine, lol. Elm called, and back to Goldenrod I flew.

Now I'm in the basement in the underground. The rival came... and got wasted. Continuing my adventure now.

EDIT: Update. It's a whole waste of effort, but the Team Rocket is disbanding again. Fast forward a few moments, and I arrived in Blackthorn! Some of the trainers in Clair's gym are pretty... cocky. Eh. Though they still get wasted all the same. Really, the only Pokemon that gave me trouble in that gym was Clair's Kingdra. Even then, a SD'd Scyther only took two hits to KO it (Scyther got Surfed till HP was yellow, but eh). So I got the Badge, TM24 and a Dratini with Extremespeed ^_^ Shame I wasn't planning to use it anyway.

Now I'm on my way to Kanto! Yay. Or maybe I should try to finish the Mt. Mortar and Dark Cave sidequest first. Hmm.
    Last edited by arceus03; 22nd November 2011 at 6:15 AM.

^You'd overtaken me now -.-

Anyway I surfed back to Olivine battling all the trainers on the way. Once I was there I went straight back to top of the Lighthouse and gave the potion to the Lighthouse Pokemon so they felt better. Jasmine then went back to the gym and I stalked her back. She was very easy as Quilava destroyed all her Pokemon with Flame Wheel. He was so close to leveling up so I just beat 1 Pokemon in the wild and he evolved into Typhlosion! I saved north of Olivine ready to make my way to my next place.

Current Team
    - Typhlosion Level 36
    - Ampharos Level 36

Eevee evolved into umbreon! yayy!
    currently fighting the rockets in the radio tower
    Sage Chow sent out Bellsprout!
    #BLUECOLLARGOLDSWAGGER

I defeated Lance at the Pokemon League and I got registered on the Hall of Fame again. I started out in New Bark Town after that, and I decided to head over to Kanto. I flew to Viridian City, and I visited the local Trainer House. I battled Cal inside, and then I headed to Celadon City. I played the slots at the Game Corner, and then I went shopping for healing items at the Celadon Department Store. Once all of my shopping was complete, I went to Vermilion City and I picked up the Copycat's missing Pokedoll from the Pokemon Fan Club. I arrived in Saffron City after that and I picked up the Pass for the Magnet Train from the Copycat's house after I gave her back her doll. I went back to Goldenrod City on the Magnet Train, and I went to National Park to compete at the Bug-Catching Contest. I captured a Beedrill and won third place.

^You'd overtaken me now -.-
    Ahaha, that's because I'm currently on a break and have nothing else to do, so I kept playing all day.

Anyway, fast forward some more and I'm already badge-hunting in Kanto. I got my first two badges already (Lt. Surge and Sabrina), then went back to the E4 to level-grind just for the sake of it. My team is ~L52 ish, I think of raising all of them to L60 (just so I could get Solarbeam on Meganium). Lapras gains the most from the E4 battles though. His BoltBeam combo is SE to most Pokemon in the whole arena, and can handle all of Lance's dragons single-handed.... Or single-flippered, if you look at it that way. XD That, and Meganium is of little use in the E4. Which kinda sucks since its him whom I want to level up mostly. I could use the Solarbeam TM, but I figured I'd rather let him learn that normally.

So back to level grinding.

I started gold with cyndaquil a little while ago, now i'm back on it. So 4 badges, team is typhlosion, ampharos and quagsire so far. Filling pokedex and on my way to Olivine city. Making use of Kurt too.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

I got the urge to play Gold for a bit today. Since it's Tuesday, I decided to participate in the Bug Catching Contest. I entered with this Graveler I found in my current PC box since I figured it wouldn't OHKO everything like the Pokemon on my team would. Anyway, I looked around in the grass a bit and caught a Butterfree. A little bit later, I encountered a Pinsir, which I caught and replaced the Butterfree with. The Pinsir got me second place. Guess what the first place person caught? A PINSIR! >___>

Wow! I'm replaying crystal and I got a shiny smoochum from the odd egg!!! I never thought this would happen since I read somewhere that females could not be shiny because of the way dv was set. Boy was I surprised. Unfortunately i have no way of proving it but I know its legit and I just wanted to enjoy boasting for a moment. Lol

I recently ordered a used Gold version since my old one's battery died. I restarted the game and I named my character. I went downstairs after that and I talked to my mom. I got the Pokegear from her and then I headed out. I wandered around New Bark Town a bit and then I entered Professor Elm's Pokemon lab. I talked to him and I agreed to help him run an errand. I chose Chikorita as my Starter Pokemon and then I set off towards Cherrygrove City since I had to pick up something from Mr. Pokemon's house just north of there. I battled against some wild Pidgey and Rattata as I went west, and I leveled up my Chikorita. I eventually arrived in Cherrygrove City and I healed my Chikorita at the local Pokemon Center after I got a tour of the town. I wandered around some more after that and then I headed out to Route 30.

Okay starting my silver which I had been neglecting. I chose chikorita and trained it up to like 7. Then I got the egg and battled my rival. Piece of cake named him Gold and was on my way. I caught a Rattata and registered Joey. I was in violet city. I got Flash from the elder. Then I cloned my chikorita for laffs and beat falkner with this team: Chikorita Lv 13
    Geodude Lv 11
    Rattata Lv 5-7
    Chikorita Lv 13
    Rattata for the win!
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

^How'd you clone? o.o

Default This is how

^How'd you clone? o.o
    Okay this is what you do. You save in front of the PC. Then you deposit a pokemon. You change the box and on the "s" in saving of the saving data please do not turn of the power. You TURN OFF THE POWER. Be warned if you don't do this correctly your game might crash. Works in 2nd generation games. And maybe first.

Edit: Also magic
    Last edited by PerseusRad; 12th December 2011 at 10:54 PM.
    Shinies:

Listen to PerseusRad.

This sucked. I trained my rattata up to 10. Then my sister messed it up. So I trained it some more. Then I caught zubat in union cave.. I trained it and rattata in ilex forest then I beat up Team Rocket. I learned that bugsy was a boy (just joking.) And my geodude owned the entire gym. Togepi hatched, and then I caught an oddish for cut. I put oddish in the daycare and won 300 coins at the casino. Earlier I ditched my second chikorita. I save right after that and beat Whitney (on the first try too). Then I trained up my pokemon and somehow it froze and that stunk. At least I had my casino coins so I just trained for a while and beat everyone except for Whitney because I didn't battle her yet.

So will I win? Will I lose? Will Togepi's metronome save the day? Place your bets. Oh yeah. I caught nidoran male and evolved it. I also evolved chikorita and accidently removed tackle.

Team:
    Togepi lv 10
    Nidorino lv 16
    Zubat lv 11
    Rattata lv 18
    Bayleef lv 19
    Geodude lv 20

Edit: Come on Post! Okay, as to not triple post I will just edit. I beat Whitney and trained up my pokemon. I forgot that you needed surf to get that gyarados. I got surf then I beat Morty with a combination of Graveler's magnitude, and Bayleefs mudslap. I got an abra taught it shadow ball evolvved and I got the Red gyarados. I forgot the levels, and haven't checked so I am done.
    Last edited by PerseusRad; 19th December 2011 at 10:41 PM.
    Shinies:

Listen to PerseusRad.

Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast