Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2322

Thread: G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

I continued my journey and I traveled through Route 30 in my quest to reach Mr. Pokemon's house. I battled some wild Pokemon along the way and I eventually reached the house. I talked to Mr. Pokemon inside and then I met Professor Oak. He gave me a Pokedex and then I left the house. I got a call from Professor Elm on my Pokegear and he told me to return to his lab in New Bark Town right away. I went south to Cherrygrove City and I healed my Chikorita at the Pokemon Center there. I then walked towards Route 29, but I met a boy on the road. He battled me but I managed to defeat his Cyndaquil. He left and then I continued towards New Bark Town. I walked into the lab when I arrived and I helped identify the thief who stole Cyndaquil. I gave Professor Elm the Mystery Egg after that and then I saved before leaving town again.

Today, I traded Pokemon onto my Gold version in real life for the first time ever! First, I traded over my Mewtwo from my Yellow version in exchange for one of my Pinsirs. After that, I decided to start a new game on my Crystal in order to get a Chikorita. I did that, and traded the Chikorita over to my Gold ASAP. I traded a Hoothoot I didn't care about to my Crystal, since that game's internal battery is dead and the save won't last for long.

Anyway, I'm really glad that I can trade between my older games now, so maybe I can actually get more of the Pokedex done.

I headed over to Cherrygrove City again, but I talked to a character on Route 29 before I arrived. He taught me how to capture Pokemon and then I was on my way. I battled some wild Pokemon along the route and I captured a wild Pidgey as I walked along. I arrived in Cherrygrove City and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I purchased a Potion at the Poke Mart and then I arrived at Route 30. I headed north and I eventually encountered some trainers on the road. I battled against Youngster Joey and I registered his phone number in my Pokegear after I defeated him. I headed north again and I battled against a Bug Catcher and his team of Caterpie. I defeated them with Cyndaquil and then I used Pidgey to battle against another Youngster. I arrived at Route 31 after that and I decided to explore Dark Cave.

Well it's been about three months since I last posted here, so let's continue.

I got to Pewter City and grabbed the Silver Wing. I then went to the gym and beat Brock and got to Viridian City. That stuff happened three months ago so I don't remember specific details. Now to pick up with what I did today. I beat Cal in Viridian City and then headed to Pallet Town while beating the two trainers along the way. When I got to Pallet Town I talked with Red's mom and then to Professor Oak. Next I headed south to Cinnabar Island for a gym battle...but there was nothing there. Woops. Actually Blue was there and he told me he would take me on at the Viridian Gym. But I need to beat Blaine first so I made my way to the Seafoam Islands and battled him. Feraligatr beat his Magcargo with a single Surf. His Magmar followed in a similar suit to Magcargo except it took two Surf attacks. Ursaring went out against his Rapidash and won me the battle with Strength and Slash. I saved after getting the badge!

Current Team
    Lv48
    Lv46
    Lv47
    Lv48
    Lv47
    Lv47
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I started to play Crystal again, after many years

Currently, I have just beaten Whitney (at her own game too, thanks to rollout,) and made my way to Ecruteak City. I beat my rival, and awakened the legendary beasts. My team currently consists of Bayleaf, Phanpy, Growlithe and Elekid (Shiny.)

Aroma the Bayleaf lvl 20
    Pachyderm the Phanpy lvl 21
    Hotshot the Growlithe lvl 19
    Sparks the Elekid lvl 19
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

I recently just reached blackthorn city and preceeded to beat clair.
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

I went on to beat Blue in a pretty boring battle. Since I had all 16 gym badges I headed to Professor Oak's lab and gained access to Mt Silver. I headed there and arrived in front of the mountain. I was gonna train a little more but I decided against it and just challenged Red to a battle...

Exeggutor was first against his Pikachu. It missed Thunder twice and was knocked out after two Psychic attacks. He went to Charizard next so I had Feraligatr come out and beat it with 2 Surf attacks. Next was Venusaur but Exeggutor defeated it with 2 Psychic's. His fourth Pokemon was Espeon. Because it's Psychic attack was so powerful I had to stall it until it ran out of Psychic's and then I had Exeggutor hit it with Leech Seed and sap it's HP away until it fainted. He used Snorlax next so I sent out Ursaring. After a critical hit Slash and another Slash I had brought it to the red but Snorlax took out Ursaring with a Body Slam. Feraligatr came in and knocked it out with Earthquake. I used Exeggutor against his Blastoise and managed to get in a Giga Drain before it knocked it out with Blizzard. Electabuzz got in a Thunderbolt before being knocked out by Surf. At this point I was left with Feraligatr and Ariados (Skarmory had been defeated by Espeon). Since it's HP was fairly low I went with Ariados. It used Surf and I expected the worst until.....Ariados survived with 1HP??? Apparently I had put the Focus Band on Ariados at some prior point so it was able to survive. I used Sludge Bomb which brought it to a sliver of health. It used Surf and........Focus Band kicked in again!!! I used Night Shade to knock it out!! I watched the credits roll and decided I was done with this playthrough. I'll probably start a new one in a few weeks.

Final Team
    Lv51
    Lv49
    Lv48
    Lv50
    Lv50
    Lv48
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Recent Happenings:

*Defeated Team Rocket at underground Ninja-thingy
    *Defeated Pryce

Team:

Typhlosion Lv. 45
    Ember
    Quick Attack
    Flame Wheel
    Swift

Pidgeot Lv. 45
    Tackle
    Gust
    Quick Attack
    Wing Attack

Ampharos lv. 45
    Tackle
    Growl
    Thunderschock
    Thunderpunch

I just beat Lance! Well a few hours ago, but still. That damn Schoolboy Alan never gave me a firestone, so poor Hotshot is still a Growlithe, but everybody else is fully evolved.

The elite 4 was very much a team effort. Every member participated, and all had their chance to make a difference.

Current Team

Aroma the lvl 43
    Pachyderm the lvl 42
    Hotshot the lvl 42
    Sparks the lvl 42
    Seer the lvl 41
    Aurora the lvl 43
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Got Crystal off eBay. (Complete with new save battery ) Just beat Whitney in Goldenrod City.

Current Team:

Bayleef: lv 22

Pidgeotto: lv 20

Teddiursa: lv 12 (Still in training)

Togepi: just hatched

Odd Egg ^ ^

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I captured a wild Geodude inside Dark Cave. I wasn't able to explore that far since I needed more HMs before the rest of the cave became accessible, so I left after that. I wandered around Route 31 for a while and then I encountered Bug Catcher Wade. I battled against him and I managed to defeat his three Caterpie and his Weedle. I got his phone number after that and I registered it in the Pokegear. I encountered a wild Bellsprout in the tall grass and I captured that. I arrived at the gate that led to Violet City and then I entered the city. I healed my injured Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, and then I bought some items at the local Poke Mart. I talked to some people around town, and then I returned to Route 31 to do some training for my Gym battle with Falkner. I managed to level up my Pokemon after training for 30 minutes.

I now have four badges. The Odd Egg hatched into a Smoochum. Kind of a bummer it isn't shiny but from what I've heared you can't get shiny females in these games anyway.

Current Team:

Bayleef: Lv 26

Pidgeotto: Lv 25

Teddiursa: lv 15

Sudowoodo: lv 22

Eevee: lv 20

Smoochum: lv 9

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I turned on my Gold and found out that my save file was deleted because the internal battery died. I got the game 11 years ago. I had over 200 hours of gameplay on it. I'm sad!

I turned on my Silver version yesterday to play it again... only to find out the internal battery is dead, so no more playing it for me ): Oh man... I wanted to play it again. Crystal still works thankfully, though (;
    My HeartGold Team <3

"If I had a dollar for every brain you don't have, I'd have one dollar!" - Squidward Tentacles

Quote Originally Posted by Cremia View Post
    I turned on my Silver version yesterday to play it again... only to find out the internal battery is dead, so no more playing it for me ): Oh man... I wanted to play it again. Crystal still works thankfully, though (;
    same thing happened with my game.

At long last, after many years, I decided to pick up the Crystal game I possessed, and started to play it. I managed to defeat the Cianwood gym, and owned it with my Kadabra Vulpiargos and Xatu Hawkcenos. Afterwards, I decided to drop off Suzaki the Farfetch'd in favour for Rannoch the Stantler. Managed to capture a Lapras, and nicknamed it Neo, which is now part of my team. I plan to capture a Dratini at a later date (or get the gift one, hopefully with Extremespeed). I ended off training all my pokemon aside from Shala the Quilava (who is overlevelled).

Shala, level 35 (yes, that overlevelled)
    Rannoch, level 20 (badly needs trained more)
    Hawkcenos, level 25 (Greek pun)
    Neo, level 23 (epic name)
    Shadow, level 25 (will become Umbreon. Also knows Shadow Ball)
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I started over a new game a little while ago on Crystal. I decided to go with the girl and named her the default Kris just for something different. Anyways, I went with Chikorita as my starter this time since I used Totodile in my last playthrough. We headed to Mr Pokemon's house and got an egg and returned it to Professor Elm, but not before trouncing ???. Once I got the Pokeballs from Elm's aid, I went back onto Route 29 and took a break.

Crystal Team:
    Lv7
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

I picked up my Crystal and BOOM! Still in Ilex Forest!

I'm trying to get Farfetch'd to go to its trainer, my team so far is

Level 21 Level 21 Level 22 Level 21 Level 20

Is my team overleveled?
    i can haz duskull.
    If your a guy driving a mini you deserve to have it keyed

@Supereffectivesplash, I would say that they are but that it is never a bad thing to be overleveled.

My first destination this morning was Route 46. I wandered around the grass for a good thirty minutes this morning until I finally found a Phanpy. Well, a Phanpy that didn't run away at the first opportunity it had. I captured it, trained it a little, and then I headed to Cherrygrove. I went north to Route 30 and battled a few trainers with Phanpy before arriving on Route 31 and then in Violet City. I headed west and onto Route 36 where I captured a Growlithe. I saved after the capture.

Crystal Team:
    Lv10
    Lv8
    Lv5

Edit: I beat the Sprout Tower and then Falkner. I went down to Union Cave, cleared it, and arrived in Azalea Town. I saved the Slowpoke and then beat Bugsy. I got Headbutt in the Ilex Forest and caught an Aipom. I beat the trainers south of Goldenrod and saved in the city.

Crystal Team:
    Lv18
    Lv16
    Lv18
    Lv16
    Last edited by Drummerdude; 13th March 2012 at 7:37 PM.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Started Crystal recently, as part of my weird 'run-through-all-the-games' thing.

Got through the first three gyms in today's run so far. Started with Cyndaquil but ditched it when I caught my first team member Spearow, which kicked a lot of ***, if only it had better moves. Breezed through to Azalea and caught an Oddish, which I intend on making a Bellossom. Waited until the morning to catch a Nidoran male in National Park, and then spending forever restarting the Bug Catching contest to win it and get my Sun Stone, ugh. I'm waiting for a Moon Stone for Nidorino. Also I went ahead after catching Sudowoodo and fished up a Corsola in Olivine.

My Odd Egg hatched into a Cleffa, the ONE thing I didn't want because I used a Clefable in Yellow. Ugh, oh well.

Team:

Byrd lvl.22
    Peck
    Growl
    Leer
    Mud-Slap

Oddball lvl.22
    Absorb
    Sleep Powder
    Poisonpowder
    Stun Spore

Doran lvl.22
    Headbutt
    Leer
    Poison Sting
    Double Kick

Pinky lvl.20
    Rollout
    Harden
    Bubble
    Recover

Badges: 3

EDIT: Rather bizarrely, the Pokedex numbers of all my team members at present features only repeating digits (22, 44, 33 and 222). Completely weird coincidence.

I managed to beat Whitney with my team of misfits and then I headed to Ecruteak where I met Bill. I returned to Goldenrod and got the Eevee which I plan on evolving into Umbreon or Espeon, I'm not really sure yet. Once I unleashed the Legendary Dogs I went to the gym and had a very interesting battle with Morty. His Gengar pretty much obliterated my team but I got lucky and had a sleeping Growlithe and Eevee which I could switch out between each other until he ran out of PP and Struggle'd to death. I beat everyone west of the city and cleared the Olivine Lighthouse. I've spent the last week trying to get Eevee's happiness up before I head to Cianwood.

I was also fortunate enough to receive a Fire Stone so now I can evolve Growlithe whenever I choose.

Crystal Team:
    Lv26
    Lv27
    Lv27
    Lv27
    Lv27
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Started Crystal recently, as part of my weird 'run-through-all-the-games' thing.
    I'm doing the same thing, except that I will also complete the Pokedex on one of the Generation's games. For Gen I I did Pokemon Yellow, I'm going to do Crystal for Gen II, Emerald for Gen III, Platinum for Gen IV, and start on White for Gen V. Of course, I am also going to run through the rest of the games as well.

-----------
    Anyways, I just beat the Elite Four last night with a relatively lower leveled team:

. Gyarados: Lvl 37
    . Typholsion: Lvl 38
    . Sudowoodo: Lvl 39
    . Kadabra: Lvl 39 (I really need to trade and I have the means to do so, so lazy!)
    . Ampharos: Lvl 40
    . Ho-Oh: Lvl 41

The first three were fairly simple, but Claire and Lance gave me a lot of trouble. I only beat Lance because of his overuse of Hyper Beam, allowing me to revive Ampharos to Thunderpunch him to heck. Then when I only had Ho-Oh left, I used up my last two Sacred Fire's, got him burned and just recovered while he slowly died

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm playing Gold Version, though you could guess by the fact that I have Ho-Oh at Lvl 41.

Started a Crystal Nuzlocke Challenge! It is very interesting, currently I'm in the Kanto region and I've beaten Misty. I've lost lots of Pokemon: Pidgeot, Spearow, Ledyba, Geodude, Onix, Gyarados, Slowpoke, Gloom, Kadabra, Kingler, Piloswine, Eevee and I've accidentally killed some wild Pokemon instead of catching them, including Lapras.

My current team is:

Typhlosion lv 60. (badly grinded)
    Lickitung lv. 49
    Dragonair lv. 49

And other Pokemon that I have: Igglypuff, Shuckle, Togepi and Snubull.

Managed to beat the Elite Four with Typhlosion, Lickiting, Dratini/Dragonair, Pidgeot, Gyarados and Eevee. Too bad that Pidgeot, Gyarados and Eevee died...

I have also met Raikou.

Any tips, guys? (Haven't caught any Pokemon in Kanto yet; I can catch from every part of Kanto except for the Power Plant + Rock Tunnel and the route east to Cerulean).
    Last edited by silent_control; 16th April 2012 at 6:45 PM.

@silent_control* Pokemon cant die...

Anyway ive finally gotten back on Crystal! YAYY!
    I cleared the Rocket's at the Radio Tower and managed to capture Suicune Next is the Ice Tunnel. Please rate/edit my team, as i LOVE suggestions.

Growlithe lvl 34 - Charcoal
    - Bite
    - Roar
    - Flame Wheel
    - Take Down

Heracross lvl 33 - King's Rock
    - Endure
    - Counter
    - Strength
    - Fury Cutter

Meganium lvl 34 - Miracle Seed
    - Synthesis
    - Body Slam
    - Razor Leaf
    - Reflect

Donphan lvl 34 - Softt Sand
    - Swagger
    - Rollout
    - Defense Curl
    - Mud-slap

Lanturn lvl 34 - Mystic Water
    - Thunder wave
    - Confuse ray
    - Attract
    - Surf

Umbreon lvl 35- Quick Claw
    - Quick Attack
    - Confuse ray
    - Sand-attack
    - Bite

ALSO::: just curious but what game system do you guys play your crystal/gold/silver on?? I play mine on my Gameboy advance (Glacier color). it always sticks wayyy up. lol
    Sage Chow sent out Bellsprout!
    #BLUECOLLARGOLDSWAGGER

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSnap View Post
    @silent_control* Pokemon cant die...
    In the Nuzlocke challenge they do "die". When they reach 0 hp you have to release them.

Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
    The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
    You cannot use healing items on your Pokemon outside battle.
    You are limited to 1 PokeBall per PokeMart.
    Last edited by silent_control; 16th April 2012 at 9:17 PM.

Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast