Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2331

Thread: G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

I wandered around the Saffron City Gym while battling against the Gym trainers inside. I had to teleport around the Gym and I actually got lost a couple of times since to this day I haven't memorized the correct path to take to find Sabrina, but I eventually found her and I battled her. I used my Piloswine against her Espeon and I beat it with Blizzard. I then switched to Hypno and I had it use Shadow Ball to defeat Sabrina's Mr. Mime. All that remained was Sabrina's Alakazam which I defeated with Pidgeot and Ampharos. I obtained the Marsh Badge and I left the Saffron City Gym. I healed my Pokemon and then I went east to Route 8. I battled trainers along the route and I saved before arriving in Lavender Town.

I decided to skip doing the Elite 4 again since I've battled them so many times already in order to level up Pupitar so I decided to go ahead to Mt Silver. I was honestly disappointed by how small the actual mountain was, perhaps HG/SS spoiled me. I did like how you had to backtrack through through small sections to get all the items though. It didn't take long for me to reach the top of the mountain and come face to face with Red!

Red started off with his overleveled Pikachu while I used Nidoking. I thought Earthquake would be a OHKO but the rat used Charm which caused me to repeatedly use Earthquake because Red kept healing, but I wasn't upset because I wanted him to use them up early. Once Pikachu was down Red sent out Espeon and I sent out Tyranitar. 2 Crunch's is all it took for Espeon to fall. His third Pokemon was Venusaur so I sent out Noctowl. Noctowl actually did exactly what I expected it to do...faint. Luckily Typhlosion is a little stronger and was able to win with Flame Wheel. Lanturn was sent out against Blastoise and actually had a hard time. Blastoise's Surf seemed to be doing more damage than Lanturn's Spark. I actually had to heal Lanturn which surprised me because I was expecting an easy win. Lanturn did end up winning so Red went to Snorlax. I sent out Tyranitar because I hate Snorlax and I just spammed Rock Slide while it kept using Rest/Snore. Rock Slide eventually got a critical hit which knocked out Snorlax which left Red with only Charizard. I left Tyranitar in and defeated it with Rock Slide. I watched the credits roll for the last time and turned the game off. 2 regions down!!

Gosh Noctowl sucks.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Once in Lavender Town I healed my Pokemon and visited some of the buildings around town. I visited the Soul House and I spoke to Mr. Fuji there. I headed out to the local radio tower but there was nothing to do there so I headed out to Route 8 again. I went back to Saffron City and I decided that the next Gym that I would challenge would be the Celadon City Gym. I headed west to Route 7 and I arrived in Celadon City quickly. I visited the Game Corner upon arrival and I played the slots there. I headed into the local Department Store to buy items afterwards. I explored other places of interest around Celadon City and then I went to the Gym in order to challenge Erika for the Rainbow Badge. I saved inside.

I entered the Cerulean Gym and battled against the gym trainers inside After defeating them, I challenged Misty to a gym battle. It was an easy battle, I swept her team with Dragonite, Butterfree and Espeon. After the battle, I got the Cascade badge from misty ..... then I left the gym.
    Afterwards, I flew back to Lavender Town and and talked to the Radio Tower Manager. He gave me a Expn. Card, which lets me tune into the Kanto Radio Stations.
    Then I flew back to Saffron City and went to CopyCat's house. She told me that she lost her Favorite Pokédoll(Which Red gave her in the past) in Vermilion City. So I flew to Vermilion City and visited the Pokémon fanclub. There I found CopyCat's lost Pokédoll and brought it back to her ..... She was glad after getting it back, so she gave me Pass of the Magnate Train. After getting the pass, I came back to Johto and decided to enter the Bug-Catching Contest held at National Park. I saved the game before entering the Contest.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I entered the Celadon City Gym and I battled against the Gym trainers inside there. I had an easy time but I still left in order to heal my Pokemon since I never challenge a Gym Leader unless all my Pokemon are in top condition. When I returned to the Celadon Gym I challenged Erika. I used my Pidgeot against her Tangela and I beat it with Wing Attack, and I kept using Pidgeot against her Victreebel and Bellossom as well. I beat both with Fly, then I switched to my Piloswine. I had Piloswine use Icy Wind against Erika's Jumpluff and that was enough to defeat it since it was super effective. I obtained the Rainbow Badge as well as the Giga Drain TM from Erika. I headed outside and I saved before leaving Celadon City.

I entered the Bug-Catching contest and searched around for a strong bug. After encountering some Caterpie and Kakuna, I encountered a wild Pinsir. I weakened it and tried to catch it with a Park Ball, but it broke free. After five more attempts, finally my Seventh Park Ball caught it.
    I got the first place at the Bug-Catching Contest and won a Sun Stone. I Then flew back to New Bark City for getting some of my saved money from my Mom.
    Afterwards, I board the Magnet Train and Arrived in Saffron City of Kanto. Then I saved the game there.
    Pokémon XY

I went west to Cycling Road and I rode my Bike around there. I caught a wild Slugma in the tall grass and then I battled some of the Bikers along the trail. I arrived at the southern entrance and I eventually arrived in Fuchsia City. I visited the local Pokemon Center and I swapped Pokemon there, then I visited some other buildings around town. I visited the Fuchsia City Gym last and I wandered around the invisible wall maze while battling trainers. I found the real Janine in the middle of the Gym and I challenged her. I used my Ampharos against her Crobat, then my Hypno against her two Weezing. Finally I used my Pidgeot against her Venomoth and Ariados and I saved the game after winning the Soul Badge.

I flew to Vermilion City and headed east. There was a Snorlax sleeping in front of the Diglett's cave, so I played the Pokéflute channel on my Pokégear radio and approached it. Then It woke up and attacked me.
    I sent out Pidgeot and have it use Thife on Snorlax. After Pidgeot got Snorlax leftover, I switched it for Feraligatr. I kept weakening Snorlax until it's health bar turned red, then Butterfree put it sleep. After useing Two Pokéballs, Three Great Balls and four Ultra balls ..... my fifth Ultra ball finally caught it.
    I Then headed back to the local Pokémon Center to heal my Pokémon. After healing my Pokémon, I saved the game.
    Pokémon XY

I have been spending a few days trying to figure out the best way to slow down Raikou. Paralyzing Entei and Suicune was easy but my Jumpluff isn't fast enough to catch up with Raikou. It's lv.39 and has a decent speed, but does anyone know something else i can try to paralyze it? I want Raikou before i go to the Pokémon League...

Also, i have been trying to catch a Magnemite with metal coat. No luck so far...

Well, I don't think paralysis is the best idea. For catching a Pokemon, putting it asleep should be the way to go. I'd say you should do this:
    - Put Raikou asleep. If Jumpluff knows Sleep Powder, you should level him/her up until he/she is faster than Raikou.
    - Save.
    - Go after Raikou.
    - Assuming you already damaged Raikou, now you're ready to catch it. Have a Mean Look user to trap Raikou, and then start throwing balls. Fast Ball, Ultra Ball and maybe even Heavy Ball work nicely. If it wakes up and runs, either soft-reset to compensate the loss of balls, and try to encounter it again, and do thatuntil you caught it, or just keep throwing balls, even though Raikou is awake. This waking up thing is why you want it to be paralyzed, but really, try sleep. It works much better, sleep makes Pokemon easier to catch than paralysis.

I know this will take long, but this is what I did in Crystal. On SoulSilver, this was much easier, because I could just use a Wobbuffet and then heal it when needed, I didn't need to use Mean Look for that, because Wobbuffet has Shadow Tag, giving me an extra turn with Raikou asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    I have been spending a few days trying to figure out the best way to slow down Raikou. Paralyzing Entei and Suicune was easy but my Jumpluff isn't fast enough to catch up with Raikou. It's lv.39 and has a decent speed, but does anyone know something else i can try to paralyze it? I want Raikou before i go to the Pokémon League...

Also, i have been trying to catch a Magnemite with metal coat. No luck so far...

I'd try Paras with Spore if it was faster than Raikou. Sadly, it is not. And i don't want to raise to insanely high levels before the league, especially if i am not going to use it after i have caught Raikou.

I'd try Paras with Spore if it was faster than Raikou. Sadly, it is not. And i don't want to raise to insanely high levels before the league, especially if i am not going to use it after i have caught Raikou.
    Well, that's why I'm suggesting to make Jumpluff use Sleep Powder. Does your Jumpluff know Sleep Powder? If yes, you could use that. If not, you could use a fast Hypnosis user, which could be Haunter/Gengar, for example. Or raise another Jumpluff, and then keep Sleep Powder.

I am raising a Haunter on Crystal, i could use that one. I can use its Mean Look along with Hypnosis and Night Shade to catch Raikou i guess.

I am raising a Haunter on Crystal, i could use that one. I can use its Mean Look along with Hypnosis and Night Shade to catch Raikou i guess.
    Indeed, that's perfect. Then, you can put it asleep again when it wakes up, while it's trapped by Mean Look. That will make things go much faster, this is perfect! However, you need to have enough healing items to prevent Haunter from fainting. It also needs to be at a high enough level to survive attacks and be fast enough to use Mean Look before Raikou runs.

I just started playing Crystal. I forgot my Haunter doesn't have Mean Look anymore. It DOES have Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Curse and Night Shade...

edit: i just realized when i was scrolling through my PC box on Crystal... An Ariados with Spider Web and Night Shade, might that help?
    Last edited by Buuz; 24th August 2013 at 3:35 PM.

I just started playing Crystal. Haunter has no Mean Look, i forgot. It DOES have Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Curse and Night Shade...

edit: i just realized when i was scrolling through my PC box on Crystal... An Ariados with Spider Web and Night Shade, might that help?
    Oh... Haunter should get Mean Look... Ghastly learns it at lv.13, so maybe you should catch a Ghastly at a low level and then train it.
    http://www.serebii.net/pokedex/092.shtml
    http://www.serebii.net/pokedex/093.shtml

An Ariados doesn't sound like a good idea, it's too slow, Raikou could run before you get to attack it with Spider Web.

EDIT: I'm wrong, Ariados could be fine.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...g_Pok%C3%A9mon
    In Generations II and V, roaming Pokémon fleeing has a priority of -7. In Generations III and IV, it has a priority of 0.

Then i'll stick with this one. Caught Raikou and Entei before on another Crystal save and without Masterballs or Mean Look. Used a Hypno back then but it was in the early 50's. Should work just fine with Haunter as well. If Raikou runs, i'll just try again and again. I should be able to catch it eventually.

After earning the Soul Badge from Janine I headed out to the Pokemon Center in order to heal my Pokemon there. I went out afterwards and I went east to Route 15. I continued to travel along that path until I eventually reached Lavender Town. I went to Saffron City to the west, then I went north to Route 5 and I arrived in Cerulean City. I visited the local Gym but I only found a Team Rocket grunt inside who was acted suspiciously. He fled after that and I bought some items at the local Poke Mart. I headed north to Nugget Bridge and I met the Team Rocket grunt there. I battled him and I won, then he left permanently. I headed back to Cerulean City to swap Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and then I saved outside.

I left the Vermilion Pokémon Center and headed to Route 11, there I battled some trainers for gaining experience. After defeating the trainers I headed to Diglett's cave and went through through the cave. After exiting the cave, I visited the house on Route 2 and got a Nugget...then I left the house. After picked up a Carbos, I arrived at Pewter City. There I got a Rainbow Wing from a man near the Pokémart.
    Later I visited the Pewter Gym and defeated the one trainer who's on my way, I then challenged Brock to a Gym battle. After Feraligatr took care of Brock's Graveler and Rhyhorn, he sent out Omastar. I switched Feraligatr for Dragonite....Dragonite defeated Omastar with Thunderpunch. Later Brock's Onix and Kabutops were defeated by Feraligatr. After getting the Boulder Badge, I left the gym and healed my Pokémon at the local Pokémon Center. Then I saved the game.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 30th August 2013 at 10:09 AM.
    Pokémon XY

After visiting the Cerulean Cape and finding Misty there, I headed back to Cerulean City in order to challenge her Gym. I wandered around the inside of the Gym while battling against the Gym trainers around the pool and then I found Misty's spot at the back of the Gym. I used my Ampharos's ThunderPunch against her Golduck, then my Meganium against her Starmie which I defeated with Giga Drain. I switched to Graveler in order to battle Misty's Lapras, but that battle didn't go well and Graveler sustained damage. I used Hypno instead, then I switched back to Meganium in order to beat Misty's Quagsire. With that done I obtained the Cascade Badge from Misty and I left the Cerulean City Gym and saved outside.

I left the Pokémon Center and headed towards Route 3. After defeating all the trainers on Route 3, I entered in Mt. Moon cave. There I was conforted my rival, he challenged me to a battle. After my high-leveled team swept my rival's team, I headed south and exited Mt. Moon. I battled all the trainers on Route 4, then I flew back to Pewter City and healed my Pokémon at the Pokémon Center. Then I saved the game.
    Pokémon XY

I healed my Pokemon at the Cerulean City Pokemon Center, and then I headed east to the Route 9 area between the mountains. I battled trainers along the path and I eventually arrived at the stream that led to the Power Plant. I Surfed south until I arrived at said Power Plant and I entered it. I spoke with the manager and I gave him the missing Machine Part item that the Team Rocket grunt had stolen and placed inside the Cerulean Gym. I obtained the Zap Cannon TM from him after helping him, then I flew to Lavender Town and I spoke with an old man inside of the local radio tower. I was able to get my Pokegear's radio upgraded to play the Poke Flute station, and then I headed south toward Route 12 and saved.

I left the Pokémon Center and headed south of Pewter City, where Viridian Forest is located. After battling with random trainers and picking up the Items, I arrived at Viridian City. I went to the trainer house and battled Cal for gaining some experience, then I headed to Pallet Town. I battled some trainers on my way and later I reached my destination ... Pallet Town. First I visited Red and Blue house, then I visited Professor Oak, who was in his lab. Later I saved the game in Professor Oak's lab.
    Pokémon XY

I played Pokémon Gold for a few days now. After +45 hours i finally caught Raikou yesterday. Taught it Hidden Power and found out its type was Steel. Levelled up Raikou to lv.41 and it learned Spark. I tried to catch Ho-oh and that went surprisingly well. Jumpluff paralyzed it with Stun Spore, then when it was burned to death by Sacred Fire, Rocky the Onix jumped into action and weakened the sacred bird with a well-aimed Rock Throw. Then i threw about 5 Ultra Balls and managed to catch Ho-oh. It is now the Pokémon i use to fly around the Johto region. Next mission will be getting my hands on a Metal Coat. So i can evolve the aforementioned Onix before i challenge the Elite Four.
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014
    Playtime in Pokémon Y: 513 hours and 50 minutes.
    Pokémon seen: 718
    Pokémon caught: 718

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Dusclops, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

I made my way around the bridge area on Route 12 and I eventually arrived at the gatehouse that led to Route 11. I battled against the trainers in the area and I finally arrived in front of the entrance to Diglett's Cave. Unfortunately, it was being blocked by a sleeping Snorlax and I had to move it out of the way using the Poke Flute's music. I turned on the Poke Gear and the Snorlax attacked when it woke up. I battled it and I successfully caught it in an Ultra Ball. I healed my Pokemon at the Vermilion City Pokemon Center, then I went back to Route 11 and I entered Diglett's Cave. I wandered through it and I caught a Dugtrio inside, then I arrived at Route 2. I cut down a tree that was blocking the road I saved in Pewter.

Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast