Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293
Results 2,301 to 2,322 of 2322

Thread: G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

Decided a bit too late that I would swap my starter (Crocanaw) for a Gyarados, so I spent the last few hours AGONIZINGLY grinding wild Pokémon (I'd already beaten almost everyone earlier). I'm now back at Olivine City, almost ready to face Jasmine with my pathetically under-levelled team:

Gyarados (Level 21)
    Noctowl (Level 25)
    Growlithe (Level 24)
    Haunter (Level 26)
    Kadabra (Level 26)
    Jolteon (Level 26) (Still doesn't know any Electric-Type moves)

I've been playing these games for 12 long years...

(August 2002 - August 2014)

My oh-so-not-so-perfect teams:

BLUE (IP):
    CRYSTAL (IP):
    EMERALD (IP):
    WHITE 2 (IP):

I walked over to Koga's room after I defeated Will and I battled him. I used my Noctowl against his Ariados and I beat it with Fly, then I used Ampharos against Crobat and I beat it with ThunderPunch. I switched to my Jynx afterwards and I used it against Koga's Muk. I defeated Muk with Psychic and I used my Graveler against Koga's Venomoth and Forretress. After beating Koga, I headed to Bruno's room next. I challenged him and I used Noctowl against his Hitmontop, then against his Machamp. I beat both with Fly and then I used Ampharos against Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee. After I defeated them, I used Bellossom's Solarbeam attack to beat Bruno's Onix and I saved the game before going to Karen's room.

Got through the Icy Cave. Whew. Found a few neat items which I would probably never use ever like the Nevermeltice and the 7th HM. Kept seeing Swinub and Zubat; Jynx and Delibird didn't show up. I usually see them once or twice in that cave. Hm. Ah well.

Reached Blackthorn after that, and got out. I explored the town a little bit before getting Bellsprout out from the PC; I decided to explore the Dark Cave first. Met a guy who gave me Blackglasses which again I'd probably never use ever but eh I could give it to Houndoom and wandered around to get a Max Revive I think? Saw a few Woobuffets and Golbats. I exited out after that, healed and stored Bellsprout. Time for some backtracking: I got Pidgey out and began traversing the many paths below Blackthorn. Fought some trainers, flew back to Blackthorn, chose the other route. Rinse and repeat.

After all that's done, my team was at L43. I decided to do some grinding and fought wild Gravelers to get them to L44. I _might_ get another level before challenging Clair, idk. Maybe. Maybe.

I walked into Karen's chamber at the Pokemon League and we battled. I used my Ampharos against her Murkrow and I beat it with ThunderPunch. I used my Graveler against Karen's Houndoom afterwards and then my Jynx against her Gengar. After beating Gengar with Jynx's Psychic attack, I used Noctowl against Karen's Vileplume and Ampharos against Umbreon. I healed my Pokemon and I battled against Champion Lance next. Ampharos beat his Gyarados and Aerodactyl with Thunder, then I used Jynx, Noctowl and Graveler against Lance's three Dragonites. Those battles were super hard and tough, but eventually only Charizard remained and I beat it with Quagsire and I got registered in the Hall of Fame.

Clair, here I coooooooooooome.

Or not. I decided to train some more so I went and leveled up my team to L45 before entering the gym. Gosh, these dragon trainers are too smug except one or two decent trainers. Ah well. I guess that's where the gym leader came from. I fought all the trainers and Houndoom was_this_ near to leveling up, so I went out again before challenging Clair and leveled her up. And since he got a level up, I decided to do the other Mons as well, so I ended up training some more before challenging Clair.

First up, Dragonair. I sent out Steelix against it, and got a Surf right up my face. Thankfully the training paid off; a 9-level difference helped a lot. Steelix would be able to survive 3 Surfs, so I'll have 2 chances to attack this dragon. I used Iron Tail and....

missed. Oh well. Another surf put Steelix down in the low 40s, but the second try at Iron Tail hit the dragon dead on, KOing it in one hit. One down.

Next up, she sent out Kingdra, which I pitted against Meganium. I used Body Slam in the hope of getting a paralyze, but nah. She began spamming Smokescreen and I tried to counter with Mud Slap. Third turn, I decided to just wing it and gave another Body Slam. I knew it would put Kingdra in the red zone, but eh. I'll switch if my attacks start missing and-

-critical hit killed the dragon. Oh well. Stroke of luck. Two down.

Third Dragonair went down with 2 Bites from Houndoom. First Bite got a Flinch, too. So she practically got to do nothing.

Fourth one went down after a Psybeam and a Tri Attack from Porygon2. She did manage to Thunder Wave me first. I didn't want to take any chances so I healed. Got hit with Dragonbreath in the process, but hey.

... Seriously, you weren't joking when you told me you could hold your own against the E4, Clair?

After I slayed Lance at the Pokemon League and got registered into the Hall of Fame, I awoke in my bedroom New Bark Town and I visited Professor Elm at his lab. I obtained the S.S Ticket that would allow me to board the S.S. Aqua ship in Olivine City and I flew there. I wandered over to the Pokemon Center first in order to swap Pokemon, then I visited the harbor and I spoke to a man there and I was allowed onto the ship. I battled trainers in their cabins on the first floor, then I went down to the bottom of the ship and I went to the captain's room in order to find a lost little girl. I found her there and then the ship arrived in Vermilion City after I played with her. I climbed out of the S.S. Aqua ship and I saved the game.

And now she won't give me the Risingbadge. =| Sore loser. She told me to meet her granddad instead and get his approval... yada yada. Okay fine yeah sure whatever. Met a few more trainers inside there, and a Dragon Fang. Answered some questions, get approved. So no one else except Lance got approved? No wonder she's so sour. Ah well. Anywayyyy. I finally got the Badge and the Dragonbreath TM. Too bad only Steelix can learn it and... that's not exactly the best move he'd have. Eh.

I also got the Extremespeed Dratini at L15.... who's going into the box pretty soon. Not really keeping Dragonite. Eh.

Or I might level it up to 30 and get a Dodrio in exchange? Sounds fun. Maybe. If I feel like training it. Got out of the Den, Elm called. Seems like he has something to give me, huh. Okay. Time to fly back home and get to the E4.

I later decided to get a Dodrio, so I began training Dratini that I got up to L30. Lots of wild Pokemon slaughtered later, a Dragonair. Woooo. I headed to Blackthorn to trade him for Dodrio.

... Only to realize she wanted a female Dragonair.
    >_>
    <_<
    >_>

Ah well. Maybe I should keep raising Dragonair and keep him in my team? Get him to be a semi-HM-slave with Fly and Surf, with Outrage aaaaand a filler move. That's a feasible idea.
    Last edited by arceus03; 12th August 2014 at 3:47 AM.

So I arrived in Vermilion City and I ran to the Pokemon Center in order to swap my Pokemon on the PC there. I wandered around to some of the other houses around the city and then I went to the local Gym after shopping at the Poke Mart. I entered the Gym and I battled against the Gym trainers inside of there. I healed my Pokemon after those battles and I challenged Lt. Surge to a battle when I returned. I used my Graveler against Surge's Raichu and I beat it with Earthquake. I used Graveler against Lt. Surge's two Electrode as well, then I used Quagsire against his Electabuzz and I beat it with Surf attacks. I used Typhlosion against Magneton afterwards and I beat it and won the Thunder Badge. I then saved.

I decided not to keep Dragonair after all, so I deposited him in the box. On to the Elite 4, then. Surfed east from New Bark Town to Route 27. Man, I love the music on this route. It's awesome.

An old lady in a house gave me TM for Sandstorm. Neat. Continuing along the route, I met a lot of trainers with Pokemon that gave a lot of experience. Lovely :3 Now, if only they've started the Vs. Seeker in this gen, I'd finish training in no time. Eh. Anywayyyy. Explored the route a little bit to get the bird trainer's number and the Solarbeam TM, which I taught to Houndoom. I also deleted Headbutt and taught her Solarbeam, so now there's a complete moveset for Houndoom... or almost. I just need to get Crunch.

Steelix grew to L49 and tried to learn Crunch. Aw. Thanks but no thanks. More trainers, and I also registered two of the Elite trainers' numbers in the PokeGear. I believe the memory is full now. Got through Victory Road without much hassle while slaughtering Graveler and Golbat left and right. I found the Earthquake TM in the cave as well, which I gave to Meganium, Now, on to the Elite-

Oh, hi, Silver. Assembled the best and strongest Pokemon, he said. Too bad he still has to learn about type matchup and level grinding. At this point I got most of my team at L49 except Houndoom, who's one level lower. With Silver's levels being around 36, I had no trouble slaughtering his team. Oh well. I healed after that and went back into the cave.... I decided to level up Houndoom to L52 to get Crunch first before challenging the E4. While I'm there, I'll most likely do the same for the rest of the team too, so... yeah. I might level up even more just to get through Lance's triple haxxed Dragonite, seeing that I haven't got any Ice move on my team... yet. Grinding time.

So I left the Vermilion City Gym after obtaining the Thunder Badge there and I headed over to the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon. Since I couldn't go east to Route 11 due to the sleeping Snorlax that was blocking the path, I decided to head north to Route 6 instead. I battled some Pokemon along the route and I eventually arrived at the gate that led to Saffron City. I visited Mr. Psychic's house nearby and I obtained the Psychic TM inside, which was good since I had already used the one that I got via trade. I headed over to the Mart and I bought items there and then I wandered to other houses around town. I finally entered the Saffron City Gym and I saved the game before battling the Gym trainers.

Elite 4, wooo. I finished training my team up to L52, and made my first step into the chambers where the Elites reside and began, with determination and courage, approaching the first of the Elite 4, Will.

That aside, most of the battles in the E4 were pretty much... curbstomping. >.> I guess there's a few highlights... Let's see, Meganium got a +2 Attack boost by Hitmonlee's Swagger and one-shot Machamp with Earthquake (though that was a critical hit too, to be fair). Then there's Karen's Houndoom where I sent out Steelix against it and got a Flamethrower in the face.

HP, what are you doing?

HP, stop.

It did. Whew. Steelix survived with 5 HP left, and proceeded to Earthquake the hound down.

Finally, Lance the Dragon Master. Oh hi there.
    No need for words, yeah. Yet he has the longest intro speech out of all the E4. >.>

Gyarados! Hi Thunderbolt.
    Dragonite. Uh oh. Steelix handled him pretty well with Iron Tail, I must say.
    Charizard. I didn't switch. Stupid of me. Please Quick Claw, kick in and let Steelix go first.

It did. Wheeeee. Rock Slide, kill that Zard and-

-attack missed. ._. I guess my lucky stroke didn't last. Flamethrower killed Steelix T_T Ah well. Go, Porygon2. It survived a Flamethrower (or was it Hyper Beam?) and Thunderbolted the Zard.

Another Dragonite. I sent out Meganium, and it tried to Thunder Wave me but failed. First round I Max Revive'd Steelix, so nothing really happened. Second round I began fighting with Body Slam, but Thunder Wave got me. I used a Full Heal, and Dragonite spewed out Blizzard.

It missed, thankfully. Ain't gonna happen again. Come back, Meganium. You got this one, Houndoom. Crunch that dragon to death.

Final Dragonite = Rock Slide. Woo.

Yay. I won.

So I roamed through the Saffron City Gym while battling against the Gym trainers inside. I had to warp around the Gym and I actually got lost a couple of times since I still haven't memorized the correct path to take to find Sabrina. Lol. I eventually found her place though and I battled her. I used my Jynx against her Espeon and I beat it with Blizzard. I then switched to Noctowl and I had it use Fly a few times to defeat Sabrina's Mr. Mime. All that remained was Sabrina's Alakazam, which I defeated with Typhlosion and Ampharos. I obtained the Marsh Badge and I left the Saffron City Gym. I healed my team and then I went east to Route 8. I battled trainers there and I saved before arriving in Lavender Town.

Elm called and asked me to swing by his lab. I did; he gave me a ticket to Kanto. Whoooo. Got on the ship, fought battles, found the kid, got Metal Coat, arrived in Vermilion. I challenged Surge EARTHQUAKE and found a Full Heal in the shrub next to his gym >.> Also listened to the Pokemon Fan Club President's gabble and got a free Rare Candy. Continuing on, two Pokefans with Phanpy and Teddiursa. Aw, how adorable. I should keep Ursaring and Donphan. Maybe next time if I replay this gen again.

Got to Saffron and the Psychic TM, which I taught to Porygon2 replacing Psybeam. All right, one more move then Porygon2 will have a complete moveset. I went to the Fighting Dojo afterwards and obtained the Focus Band. Next up, Sabrina's gym. Being overleveled is fun :3 Warped around a few times, trying to get all the Trainers and then warped around some more to get to Sabrina.

She foresaw me three years ago. That's creepy o.o Whatever.

I continued later on today, and rode the ship back to Olivine. Flew to Goldenrod, and taught Ice Beam to Porygon2. I was debating whether to replace Recover or Tri Attack; I wanted to keep both moves but I rarely use either one of them anyway. Finally I decided to stick with STAB and deleted Recover. I guess there's always the items I could use to Recover. I think I've only ever used Recover once or twice anyway.

I arrived in Lavender Town and healed my team and visited several buildings around town. I visited the Soul House as well and I spoke to Mr. Fuji there. I headed out to the local Radio Tower, but sadly there was nothing to do there, so I headed out to Route 8 again. I went back to Saffron City and I decided that the next Gym that I would challenge would be the Celadon Gym. I headed west towards Route 7 and I arrived in Celadon City shortly. I visited the Game Corner upon arrival and I played the slot machines. I headed to the Department Store to buy various items afterwards. I visited other places of interest around Celadon City and then I went to the Gym to challenge Erika for the Rainbow Badge.

I went to Celadon. Wooo, big city. I got the Leftovers inside the restaurant, which I gave to Meganium (I think). I forgot to check the mall, but as far as I remember, there's nothing real interesting in there. I also got the Curse TM. Anyway. Went and challenged Erika; had to get Bellsprout out for Cut. >_> And there's this old man in front of the gym. Oh well.

Didn't have much trouble, and headed to the Cycling Road afterwards. There's less trainers there than from the ones in FRLG, which is sorta cool. I'm tired of low-leveled Pokemon. Went down and reached Fuchsia. Pretty much one-shot all of Janine's trainers as well as her team. The only attack she managed to pull was a Confuse Ray from Crobat to Steelix, and a Wing Attack because the first Rock Slide missed. I saved after beating her, now having to continue up the other route to Cerulean.

Should have finished the electricity problem first.

I finally sashayed into the Celadon Gym and I battled against the trainers inside of there. I had an easy time as I walked through the garden-esque area and I healed all my Pokemon again so they'd be in top condition. When I returned to the Celadon Gym, I challenged Gym Leader Erika. I used my Noctowl against her Tangela and I beat it with Fly and I kept using Noctowl against her Victreebel and Bellossom as well. I beat both with Fly and then I switched to my Jynx. I had Jynx use Icy Punch against Erika's Jumpluff and that was enough to defeat it since it was super effective. I obtained the Rainbow Badge as well as the Giga Drain TM from Erika. I headed outside and I saved the game before leaving Celadon City.

I just found my GameBoy Color from 10 years ago. It was at my cousin's. And...It...Still..Works. Gonna get busy with crystal, and I'm going for 100% completion: all pkmn to lv. 100 and the best moves, every item, all secrets...etc. I'll try to remember posting my progress . Oh yeah, still thinking about my starter....maybe I'll go with Cyndaquil.
    LOOKING FOR ITEMS? I GOT YOU COVERED
    For those still playing 4th Gen: Tired of searching the wild for held items? Hit me up. Shards, Stones, Lights Balls, even Soul Dews. Also offering every Non Legendary for your Pokedex Completion. PM me with Offers and Requests

I HAVE CLAIMED BAHAMUT, KING OF SUMMONS
    FC 1550 8079 7411

I left Celadon City and went to Cycling Road and I headed south. I caught a Slugma in the tall grass and then I battled some of the Bikers along the path. I made it to the southern exit and I eventually arrived in Fuchsia City. I visited the local Pokemon Center and I swapped Pokemon there, then I visited some other buildings around town. I visited the Fuchsia Gym last and I wandered around the invisible wall labyrinth while slaying Gym trainers. I found the real Janine in the middle of the Gym and I challenged her. I used my Ampharos against her Crobat, then Graveler against her two Weezing. Finally, I used my Noctowl's Fly against her Venomoth and Ariados and I saved the game after winning the Soul Badge.

Finally, on the road to Blackthorn!! Started my journey. Got my starter(s) I always like grinding to lvl 10 before the first battle with the rival aka LAME-O, so I spent a while on Route 29. I'm talking to every single person I see, no way I'm missing anything. The nice old man in Cherrygrove City was nice enough to show me around and give me a map. The berries, man! I always took the berries for granted years ago. Didn't realize until now how crucial they can be early in the game. I got excited just starting the game, didn't actually finish Prof. Elm's errand. I shall continue to Route 30 tomorrow, bright and early.
    For those still playing 4th Gen: Tired of searching the wild for held items? Hit me up. Shards, Stones, Lights Balls, even Soul Dews. Also offering every Non Legendary for your Pokedex Completion. PM me with Offers and Requests

FC 1550 8079 7411

After I won the Soul Badge from Gym Leader Janine, I returned to the local PC in order to heal my team again. I went back out afterwards and I went east to Route 15. I continued to travel along that area until I eventually reached Lavender Town north of Route 12. I went to Saffron City to the west and then I went to Route 5 and I arrived in Cerulean City. I visited the Gym, but I only found a Team Rocket grunt inside who was acting suspiciously. He fled afterwards and I purchased some items at the local Poke Mart. I headed north towards Route 24 and I saw the Team Rocket grunt. I beat him, then he disappeared. I headed back to Cerulean City to swap Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and then I saved.

Finally got around to Route 30 and 31. Ain't no hidden items gonna stay hidden, haha. Defeated all four trainers and homeboy Wade is gonna hook me up with free berries. To bad the prize money is lame. Anyway, I caught a female Caterpie and a male Pidgey and trained them to level 10. Caterpie of course evolved to Metapod, soon to be a Butterfree. She'll kick some serious tail later on. With Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Totodile, Pidgey and Metapod, I shouldn't have a problem for a while. Still thinking about my sixth pokemon. Maybe an electric type. I'll eventually get a dragon type. Made it to Violet City. This is a good place to take a break. Tomorrow there will be some light training until everyone knows an attack of their own type. The sages in the bell tower and the trainers at the Violet Gym should be enough. This is overkill against Falkner but it's the Elite Four I'm getting ready for. As soon as I get there I'm gonna sweep through them. I just don't wanna train in Victory Road. That place is dull.

FC 1550 8079 7411

So I left Route 25 and headed back towards Cerulean City after finding Gym Leader Misty on a date. I wandered around the inside of the Cerulean City Gym upon arrival while battling against Gym trainers around the pool and then I found Misty's spot at the back of the Gym. I used my Ampharos against her Golduck, then my Bellossom against her Starmie, which I defeated with Giga Drain. I switched to my Typhlosion in order to battle Misty's Lapras, but that battle didn't go well and Typhlosion sustained damage. I used Ampharos instead and then I switched back to Bellossom in order to beat Misty's Quagsire. With that battle over, I obtained the Cascade Badge from Misty and I left the Cerulean Gym and saved outside.

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293