Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2322

Thread: G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

I am playing crystal. I am in goldenrod (my umteenth new game in it) and Tuesday night I participated in my first bug catching contest, entered with a syther and WON!
    I'm looking for a reason, roaming through the night to find my place in this world.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/29lljsz.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/rteqmg.jpg[/IMG]
    Http://mooneyedwolf.deviantart.com
    http://thewolfsmoon.livejournal.com

The past couple of days on my Crystal file have been eventful, to say the least.

Events
    • Made the decision to go and catch Suicune before proceeding to the Blackthorn Gym, and managed to catch it after a few soft resets worth of throwing Ultra Balls at it.
    • Eevee finally evolved into Espeon at Lv31.
    • Found a 'shiny' Bellsprout east of Mahogany when I least expected to. I was training my portion of the team that desperately needed it, when it popped up in the middle.

Team
    Feraligatr
    Pidgeotto
    Magneton
    Growlithe
    Espeon
    Swinub

To do
    • Defeat Clair in Blackthorn Gym.
    • Evolve Pidgeotto and Swinub, ready to begin the journey to the PKMN league.
    • Decide whether to evolve Growlithe yet.
    • Train my team more.

Battling the trainer with a Lv. 50 Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr in Trainer House using my Level 42 Magcargo. But the Meganium keeps using Synthesis...

Marching On Together

English And Proud

I'm now playing Silver online, so I don't have to worry about the save file crapping out. Anyway, I just beat the Team Rocket grunts in the Slowpoke Well and got the Lure Ball from Kurt. I'm about to go fight Bugsy, and then go into the Ilex Forest to find that guy so I can get Cut.

My team so far:

Oddish LV10 (Caught in the Ilex Forest, Currently Training)

Absorb
    Sweet Scent

Totodile LV15

Scratch
    Leer
    Rage
    Water Gun

Geodude LV15

Tackle
    Defense Curl
    Rock Throw
    Mud Slap
    Togepi Egg

Finally updated my trainer card!

Currently training up all my pokemon (Mainly my newly aquired Shuckle (Level 18)) before Jasmine
    Come to The Caption Contest, where everyone is a winner Unless you lose

I just started my gold over yesterday and have 2 badges and my party is
    Hoothootlv 18
    Onix lv 15
    Totodile lv 15
    gastly lv 15

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

I started my Gold ages ago and never really posted much here.^-^;;;

Might aswell start.

Defeated team rocket in the radio tower and got rainbow wing.
    Climbed the tower with HoOh. Saved in front of HoOh. Wish me luck because my pokemon are underleveled and all I have is 40 great balls and one fast ball. Have tryed twice with no success. Still saved before battling HoOh so trying over and over until I get it.=P

Put together by me.

I'm taking a break from battling Misty to concentrate on completing my pokedex. Currently trying to hatch an egg to get a Smoochum.
    Currently playing : Ruby - Play time: 269 hours 24 minutes, 282 owned, 325 seen, no shinies.

I just defeated Chuck and caught a bunch of pokémon.

restarted my silver game yesterday.
    training to battle the third gym with team of

quilava lvl.22
    crocanaw lvl.20
    bayleef lvl.21
    kadabra lvl.19

rollout keeps demolishing them so... i taught quilava rollout
    thinking of training a mareep to lvl. 19
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    It'll affect those who only have one eye. It's a form of anti-piracy.

Finally caught HoOh the other day.
    Defeated the rest of the gyms in Johto.

Got to the Pokemon league and strangely was underleveled. I knew speeding through wasn't such a great idea. Never try and beat the league with level 30's.=/

So I'm training for the league now. Reaaranged a few Pokemon in my team. The fact that my eevee still hadn't evolved by the time it got to level 42 after training all day yesterday told me that I made a mistake when training it. So I've bred it and got a fresh egg.

Saw suicune twice while training Jumpluff. The first time Jumpluff out ran it but it's sleep powder missed. Suicune ran.
    The second time my Jumpluff was paralysed from a previous battle so it couldn't outrun suicune.

Put together by me.

YAY!!!
    i'm extremely lucky because i just won the masterball at the radio tower!
    anyway i caught a ditto and put it in with eevee and took eevee and an egg out. training both until they become an umbreon and an espeon.

I never played the gold or siver games, so I decided to go all out and got mself crystal a few weeks ago. I just gave the secret potion to Jasmine in the lighthouse, and now I'm gonna train my team to take on her and the fighting gym. Current team:

lvl 25
    lvl 25
    lvl 24
    lvl 24
    lvl 26
    lvl 23

facing the 4th gym with
    lvl 26
    flaffy lvl 26
    espeon lvl27
    umbreon lvl28
    crocanaw lvl 25
    bayleef lvl 23

Currupted my Crystal version through attempting cloning glitch.XD
    Not abig deal. Nothing important was in there and I was going to restart it anyway.=P

Anyway.......

My Gold which I had been reporting on.

caught Pikachu.
    hatched egg of Eevee and trained it till it evolved into Umbreon.
    Now in kanto and defeated Brock and Misty.

Put together by me.

ATM I'm at Goldenrod, haven't challenged Whitney yet, still training my Magby until it's around 23 or something. Also planning to catch a Nidoran, still waiting for the right time.
    I'm very lucky to hatch a Magby right away btw, I was planning to keep resetting until I have Magby.

Current team so far:
    L20 IIRC
    Smog
    Thunder Punch
    Fire Punch
    Dizzy Punch

L23
    Synthesis
    Tackle (Just discovered it can learn Headbutt, I'll change it soon)
    Reflect
    Razor Leaf

L23
    Confusion
    Headbutt
    Water Gun
    Curse
    Blah, it can't learn Ice Punch.

I like to keep my teams' levels even..
    Last edited by arceus03; 28th April 2008 at 12:03 PM.

Currently trying to complete as much as I can of the Pokedex in Crystal (Now at 220/240 My link cable broke and I'm out of evolution stones TT~TT(At least I got all the Fire,Thunder, Water, and Sun Stone Evo Pokemon already)). Hatching a few eggs, although I forgot what's in them XD.
    Last edited by Umbreon-dana; 1st May 2008 at 12:32 AM.

I'm still trying to complete my pokedex. May go back and have another go at Misty soon though!
    Currently playing : Ruby - Play time: 269 hours 24 minutes, 282 owned, 325 seen, no shinies.

Got a bunch of updates from my last update a month ago. Beat Chuck in the Cianwood Gym, currently training up and catching pokemon before I face Jasmine. Going to teach Fire Punch to Vulpix (if it can learn it), Thunderpunch to Voltorb, and Icepunch to Croconaw.

Current Team

Vulpix LV24 @ Charcoal

Ember (Soon to be Firepunch)
    Quick Attack
    Confuse Ray
    Roar

Sudowoodo LV24 @ Hard Stone

Rock Throw
    Dig
    Rollout
    Low Kick

Bellossom LV24 @ Miracle Seed

Cut
    Flash
    Poisonpowder
    Sleep Powder
    (A really sucky moveset, looking for some good grass TM's)

Voltorb LV24 @ Przcureberry

Tackle (Soon to be replaced by Thunderpunch)
    Screech
    Sonicboom
    Selfdestruct

Croconaw LV27 @ Quick Claw

Surf
    Strength
    Bite (soon to be replaced with Icepunch)
    Water Gun

Finally updated my trainer card!

I'm sure you've all done the one pokemon from the start challenge, where you use your starter, and take on every trainer, and gym and event with just the one pokemon, so who'd you guys use? I started off with Cyndaquil and just got the 8th badge. Elite 4 Ahoy.

The Pokemon Breeder
    Make your offer: Type/Nature/Gender
    Trainer Card by pokecharms

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicNickelodeonFan View Post
    Going to teach Fire Punch to Vulpix (if it can learn it), Thunderpunch to Voltorb, and Icepunch to Croconaw.
    Do you have any idea how this game works at all? How the hell would Vulpix learn any punches? IT DOESN'T HAVE HANDS. And Voltorb. IT'S A BALL. IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY APPENDAGES AT ALL.

----------------

Anyway, as for me...

Actually playing Crystal on VBA (Yeah yeah, I'm not talking all about it, don't whine at me), just started... Chose Cyndaquil for my starter. I've gotten through Goldenrod already, beat those three gyms. My team is currently just .... lvl 25 I think Golbat, and 25 Quilava. Oh! And 21 Sudowoodo for now too. I wanted a Marowak, but I can't get a Cubone till I'm in Kanto, so I'll have to wait. This is the team I want when all is said and done:

-Typhlosion
    -Misdreavus
    -Seadra/Kingdra
    -Marowak
    -Crobat
    -Hitmonlee

That may change depending what my Odd Egg ends up being...

:Friend Codes - X: 2981-7440-4003
    :Friend Safari - Water - Panpour/Quagsire/Frogadier
    :Shinies -

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Do you have any idea how this game works at all? How the hell would Vulpix learn any punches? IT DOESN'T HAVE HANDS. And Voltorb. IT'S A BALL. IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY APPENDAGES AT ALL.

First off, way to be a jerk for no reason. I wasn't thinking at the moment. Until just recently, I hadn't even touched a Pokemon game or even read anything about it in 4 years. Do you think I remember every single little detail about how the game works? Yeah, balls can't throw punches, but italian plumbers can't spit fireballs from eating a certain kind of plant, mice can't store and charge electricity, hedgehogs don't have legs and can't run at the speed of light, etc. IT'S A VIDEO GAME. IT BARELY APPLYS LOGIC AT ALL. So insulting me for thinking something as dumb as a ball throwing punches in a *VIDEO GAME* is possible is just downright ridiculous. Sorry for being so off-topic and overreacting, but I'm tired of every internet forum insulting people who make simple mistakes and aren't exactly experts at the forum's topic like they're retards who don't have any brains. Not to mention those who think people that make simple mistakes once or twice didn't read the rules or acquire a slight knowledge of the topic and are only there to say YEAH POKEMAN RULZ LOLZEORZ!!!1

Now then, I've decided to take somewhat of a break before facing Jasmine, because my Pokemon still have a lot of training to do. My lowest level Pokemon is 7 levels below the first pokemon in her team, so I still have plenty of training to do. I also went to Dark Cave, now equipped with Flash and Surf, to catch a Wobbuffet. As I was about to exit, I was thinking about trying to get a Dunsparce, and I wondering why they're so rare- when, lo and behold, a Dunsparce appeared! Lol, I didn't plan on using it as I never use Normal types due to their lack of advantages, but I thought it was really cool that he appeared right after I thought that sentence. I caught a Hoothoot for pure Fly Slave purposes. Maybe I'll train it up to become a real member of the team later but for now it's just an HM slave.

I'm also thinking about dumping the Bellossom. He doesn't know ANY Grass moves that do good damage, and I can't find any good Grass TM's at the moment. I made the dumb mistake of accidently deleting the Absorb move for freaking Cut. Maybe I will train up the Hoothoot and keep the Bellossom as an HM Slave (it also knows Flash). Grass types aren't the most important type to have in the game, and the two types they're best against can also be easily defeated by Electric (Water) and Water (Rock/Ground). I also caught a Meowth and a Magnemite in Route 38. Let's see, what else is there....oh yeah, I'm about to explore the rest of Union Cave and find that exit that goes to the Ruins of Alph. I want to catch a Natu there. Found Suicune in Route 38, but I wasn't nearly ready for it as I only had Poke Balls and Great Balls, and my Pokemon were way below his level. So he'll have to wait until I advance farther. ....And I guess that's about it. I haven't had much time to play pokemon due to studying for this week's state test and doing a report for one of my classes.
    Last edited by ClassicNickelodeonFan; 8th May 2008 at 5:26 PM.

Geez. I forgot how easy Kanto was... Beat all 8 gyms there in no time. My stuff is all 45-47 now. I've seen Raikou twice, but the first time I just screwed up, and the second time I had my Seadra out; switched to Umbreon to Mean Look, and it fled. Oh well....

Party
    48 Houndoom
    47 Umbreon
    45 Crobat
    45 Dragonair (w/ Extremespeed ^_^)
    45 Miltank
    47 Seadra

I want to get a Thunder Stone from Lass Dana already and get a Jolteon. Not sure what it'll replace... I kinda want to get rid of Crobat, but I'd need to find a new flier then. Think I might replace Miltank with something too, not sure what though.

:Friend Codes - X: 2981-7440-4003
    :Friend Safari - Water - Panpour/Quagsire/Frogadier
    :Shinies -

After several runs through the E4, my current team looks something like this:

Dragonite
    Meganium
    Magmar
    Slowbro
    Nidoking

The lowest is at L59 ( Meganium ) and the highest L63 ( Nidoking + Dragonite )
    Planning to rinse and repeat maybe until +70..

Well, I decided to go back to my Pokemon Gold today, so yeah. =D

I just caught a Miltank while looking for the remaining 2 dogs that I need to capture. (Raikou & Entei) I'm also leveling my Togepi by Exp. Share, so I battled the E4 again. Here's my current team in Gold (which is still the same a long tome ago):

Feraligatr
    Ampharos
    Dewgong
    Nidoking
    Pidgeot
    Togetic

Yes, I'm sad to say that from this date, I'm going to be
    COMPLETELY INACTIVE
    . I lost my interest in SPPf,
    and I'm going to be 99% inactive due to iRL things. Bye!

Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast