Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2322

Thread: G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

(In Gold)Beat all the Kanto Gym Leader and made it to Mt Silver. Not sure if I should train up to beat Red or just stop playing O_o

I think I'll probably just start going through my Silver instead.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Finally got passed my rival and am now taking on Blue in Viridian. Also getting closer to completing the pokedex too.
    Currently playing : Ruby - Play time: 269 hours 24 minutes, 282 owned, 325 seen, no shinies.

After approximately five years of inactivity, I decided to go back and restart my Gold game. I always enjoy restarting a Pokémon game that I haven't played in years - it's a real thrill to return to the beginning and carve out your journey all over again. After just an hour and a half of gameplay, I'm already at Violet City, armed with Chikorita, Hoothoot, and Spinarak. Just for fun, I want to see if I can make it through Johto with nothing but second generation Pokémon (though I'll allow first-genners that have second-gen evolutions, like Pikachu or Oddish), then go back and catch the first-gen Pokémon for the sake of completing my Dex.

I got all excited when I first came across a Spinarak and thought it was shiny, but then I remembered that its Gold and Silver sprites were purple instead of green for some reason.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

I restarted my crystal yesterday. Currently training in goldenrod city.
    Team consisting of Charmeleon, Wartortle, Ivysaur and Zubat ^^
    ---->

After 4 weeks and ~3800 SR's
    It finally shined on 23.11.2011 at 7 pm

Well, so much for my "Johto Pokémon only" strategy - I ended up catching a Geodude for my battle with Falkner. But it was worth it, since Rock Throw made the battle a lot easier for me.

Currently in Azalea Town, trying to hatch my egg while leveling up Hoothoot for my bout with Bugsy. I also caught an Onix in Union Cave - I thought about trading a Bellsprout for one back in Violet City, but I decided I'd rather raise one myself (I never like doing those in-game trades 'cause the nicknames always suck). As to whether or not it'll ever become a Steelix, that's doubtful, since I lack any second-generation trading software at the moment...

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts

I decided to post in this thread as well. Last week I decided to change my internal batteries, even though both my Gold, Silver and Crystal were saving perfectly, because I read a lot of stuff about the internal battery and I was scared of losing all my pokemon, so I sent all the pokemon I had in both Gold and Silver to my Crystal and then replaced Gold and Silver batteries. After some tests to verify if it would save properly I sent all the pokemon back. I won't replace my Crystal's battery for a while, but at least now I don't have to worry for around 5 more years, all my pokemon are safe.

Well, so I started a New game in both gold and silver, in gold I already beat the Elite4 and I'm going to kanto, in Silver I'm raising my team for a while, I'm training before I head to the 8th gym. My current team in Silver is Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Pidgeot, Sandslash and Alakazam (yup they're all 1st gen because I transfered them from my Blue). I want to make them all 60 before I head to the 8th gym and then to the Elite4.

I'll post here again as soon as something new happens!
    BTW, thumbs up for this thread!

Yours,
    Tobias
    Favorite pokemon of all times

I love my shiny Ho-oh
    1st and 2nd generation Lover
    Games I still play:
    Blue, Gold, Silver and Crystal
    Best Guy Ever <3 Te amo !

I recently restarted my Silver for the first time in years (favouring Crystal and the 3rd/4th Gen. Games since), and started off with Cyndaquil. I'm kinda holding out hope for a G/S remake soon so that I can use Chikorita on it lol.

Anyways, i'm currently in Union Cave where I have a really choppy team at the moment. Up to Violet Gym, I had used a combination of Cyndaquil, Sentret and Kakuna, but I now can't decide on who the other members should be. I've began training both a Wooper and Hoppip, but am reluctant to use both as I want free team slots for other later Pokemon.

Status
    Badges: 1
    Team:
    - Quilava: Lv14 (Inferno)
    - Sentret: Lv12 (Tails)
    - Beedrill: Lv11 (Buzz)
    - Hoppip: Lv10 (Clover)
    - Wooper: Lv8 (No nickname - possibly naming it 'Slippy')

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    I recently restarted my Silver for the first time in years (favouring Crystal and the 3rd/4th Gen. Games since), and started off with Cyndaquil. I'm kinda holding out hope for a G/S remake soon so that I can use Chikorita on it lol.

Anyways, i'm currently in Union Cave where I have a really choppy team at the moment. Up to Violet Gym, I had used a combination of Cyndaquil, Sentret and Kakuna, but I now can't decide on who the other members should be. I've began training both a Wooper and Hoppip, but am reluctant to use both as I want free team slots for other later Pokemon.

Status
    Badges: 1
    Team:
    - Quilava: Lv14 (Inferno)
    - Sentret: Lv12 (Tails)
    - Beedrill: Lv11 (Buzz)
    - Hoppip: Lv10 (Clover)
    - Wooper: Lv8 (No nickname - possibly naming it 'Slippy')
    If I were you, I'd keep wooper, he becomes very useful later on in the game, he's a good fighter too. Had many Woopers in my Gold & Silver teams.

As for Hoppip...Hoppip hardly learns any good attacks in the second gen and you can hardly use him in gym or elite four battles, so if I were you, I'd store Hoppip.

But it's your choice of course, unless you're really doubting, then take my advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Travis View Post
    If I were you, I'd keep wooper, he becomes very useful later on in the game, he's a good fighter too. Had many Woopers in my Gold & Silver teams.

As for Hoppip...Hoppip hardly learns any good attacks in the second gen and you can hardly use him in gym or elite four battles, so if I were you, I'd store Hoppip.

But it's your choice of course, unless you're really doubting, then take my advice.
    Thanks for the advice . I also just looked at the Pokedex and like you say, Hoppip hardly learns any damage attacks so I shall go for good old Wooper lol. I was going to use a Quagsire in my Emerald Frontier team, which i've been advised against, and I think it'd be much more useful in in-game Silver.

i recently resetted my new game so i'm not very far yet, i'm on my way to the
    second gym right now but i'll be doing the gym leader tomorrow since my fingers are awfully cold from the outside weather.

Quote Originally Posted by (s.i.e) View Post
    i recently resetted my new game so i'm not very far yet, i'm on my way to the
    second gym right now but i'll be doing the gym leader tomorrow since my fingers are awfully cold from the outside weather.
    Good luck (s.i.e)!! I hope you had replaced your batteries to not experience saving issues!

Currently I'm soft resetting in my Silver trying to get a shiny Lugia, nothing so far, as soon as I get one, or I give up I'll train my team to level 60.
    Favorite pokemon of all times

I love my shiny Ho-oh
    1st and 2nd generation Lover
    Games I still play:
    Blue, Gold, Silver and Crystal
    Best Guy Ever <3 Te amo !

Ok I started a new game. I just got Totodile and now I'm at the place where you get a mystery egg.Talking to Prof. Oak.
    [img]http://i31.*******.com/1zq6ou1.png[/img]

I recently caught a Larvitar(yay0 I did the elite four and now Larvitar is a Pupitar!Also i put a Dragonair on my team.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

My post-Bugsy rival battle was more difficult than I expected (that Gastly of his is a killer, even at Lv. 12). So from now on, I want to make sure my team is approximately five levels above my opponents at all times. This means I'm doing a lot of leveling up before my battle with Whitney, especially since I have no Fighting Pokémon. Miltank is what's got me concerned, but it does have some pretty low Special Defense, so I figure I can put it to sleep with Hoothoot/Noctowl's Hypnosis and then use Wooper, Flaaffy, and Bayleef as my primary offensive contenders.

My other concern is that I'm not training my team evenly. I have Zubat and Togepi occupying the last two slots on my team, but both are at Lv. 7 while everyone else is in the neigborhood of 16 to 18. I'm keeping them on my team with the intent of raising their happiness levels so I can get a Crobat and Togetic sooner than later, but I haven't had much time to devote to leveling them up. After I take out Whitney, I think I'll capture Sudowoodo and head back to Violet City/Route 32 to train 'em some more.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts

Ok I went to the Union Cave (I think it is). I got to Alzea town and I went to the person who makes balls. Then I went to the Slowpoke well to get rid of Team Rocket. I accidently left Alzea town from the left and I beat my Rival (Pie XDD). Then I beat Bugsy with Geodude only using Rock Throw.

Started Game:
    Chose Cyndaquil
    Beat Rival
    Delivered Egg
    Received the Egg from Aide after beating Faulkner.
    Caught a Mareep
    ARCEUS, THE ORIGINAL ONE

Ok I forget things real easy so this won't be as discriptive.
    Ok I got to urhhh Goldenrod city by going through the forest.
    I went to the underground place where they battle you/groom your Pokemon/let you buy herbs. I beat all the trainers there and I healed my Pokemon. Then I went to the gym and beat all the trainers who I think train there. Healed my Pokemon again and I went to the Normal type gym leader (forgot name). I beat the first Pokemon (forgot) and she/he (forgot -_-) threw in Milktank and Ko-ed most of my Pokemon with roll-out until I threw Croconaw and use water gun and I beat her..

Wow, that was easier than I thought - I took on Whitney to see if I could handle her (with my team at Level 20-21), and I won on the first try! Noctowl's Hypnosis came in handy by incapacitating Clefairy, and when Miltank showed up, I immediately switched to Bayleef and hit it with Poisonpowder, which damaged it twice as frequently and pretty much made the battle for me.

Anyway, I got my badge, went and captured Sudowoodo (who was actually more of a challenge than Whitney was), and now I'm back in Violet City, ready to train my Zubat and Togepi a bit. Next order of business is to head up to Ecruteak and search the Burned Tower for a Magmar - I need a decent Fire type on my team.

EDIT: I just realized I never got the Old Rod on Route 32 - that's another thing I should pick up. I'm not planning on catching any Magikarp yet, but I can at least use it to nab a Qwilfish the next time Ralph calls me.
    Last edited by Jesse GS the II; 11th October 2008 at 12:29 AM.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts

I went to Ecruteak City.
    I went to this I think a tower of some sort and I beat my rival there.
    I thought the gym would be a peice of cake but I keep going back...
    Now I'm training and I think I caught Nidoran(male) somewhere and it evolved into a Nidorino.And I just caught a Pidgeotto and I'm training it.

Default I'm so lucky!!!!

Okay,i'm doing a normal monotype.So i was walking randomly to New Bark Town *Coughgettingmoonstoneontohjofallscough*I cutted the tree next to National Park.Wandering in the grass,i found a pidgey and ran away.Then my next encounter was:
    Dum dum dum.............ENTEI!!!!!!!!!But i was with a lvl 31 Raticate in front,so i tried a lure ball(lulz)Yeah,i didn't catch it(awww.....)But that's okay,gotta finish mono normal!(see gsc monotype thread for more information)

Edit:AAAAAAHHHHHHHH S*** I JUST FOUND RAIKOU WHILE TRAINING MY LVL 19 MILTANK!!!!!!!!Then i tried a great ball and it shaked one time....and it fled.........AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH IM SO ANGRY!!!!!If at least i were with my raticate i could damage it with quick attack.........
    Last edited by guizaum; 14th October 2008 at 2:56 PM.

Future Diamond team.All hail my team!

Ok.My Croco evolved into a Feraligatr.
    I have a Flaffy and I'm training it into an Ampharos.
    Oh yeah, a while back I beat Morty.
    I'm training my team to at least LV.30ish to beat the gym leader in Mahogany town.

Just started my game over
    SR for a shiny Chickorita
    Deleverd egg
    beat rival
    Thats it took me 45 mins!!

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

too bad i didnt discover this thread til today...i just beat ash yesterday
    btw im gold rivals silver and im playin crystal
    final team was
    lv 67 jumpluff (useful with its leech seed sleep powder mega drain combo)
    lv 68 pinsir (just brute force)
    lv 69 arcanine
    lv 65 fearow (simply for fly)
    lv 70 feraligatr
    lv 68 jynx
    teams at each gym
    faulkner
    lv7 hoppip
    lv 11 totodile

bugsy
    lv15 hoppip
    lv 16 totodile
    lv 16 ekans

whitney
    lv14 growlithe
    lv 16 pinsir
    lv 18 skiploom
    lv 19 croconaw
    lv 17 ekans
    lv 13 smoochum

morty
    lv 21 growlithe
    lv 19 pinsir
    lv 23 croconaw
    lv 24 arbok
    lv 20 skiploom
    lv 19 smoochum

chuck
    lv 24 fearow
    lv 27 jumpluff
    lv 26 pinsir
    lv 24 growlithe
    lv 26 croconaw
    lv 27 smoochum

jasmine
    lv 25 fearow
    lv 28 jumpluff
    lv 26 pinsir
    lv 28 croconaw
    lv 27 growlithe
    lv 29 smoochum

pryce
    lv 30 fearow
    lv 32 jumpluff
    lv 32 pinsir
    lv 31 growlithe
    lv 34 feraligatr
    lv 32 jynx

clair
    lv 34 fearow
    lv 35 pinsir
    lv 37 jumpluff
    lv 37 feraligatr
    lv 35 growlithe
    lv 38 jynx

elite four (at end)
    lv 38 fearow
    lv 41 pinsir
    lv 43 arcanine
    lv 43 jumpluff
    lv 45 feraligatr
    lv 45 jynx

lt surge
    lv 41 fearow
    lv 44 pinsir
    lv 44 arcanine
    lv 45 jumpluff
    lv 46 jynx
    lv 47 feraligatr

sabrina
    lv 44 fearow
    lv 46 pinsir
    lv 47 jumpluff
    lv 46 arcanine
    lv 47 feraligatr
    lv 47 jynx

erika
    lv 48 fearow
    lv 48 jumpluff
    lv 49 arcanine
    lv 51 jynx
    lv 49 pinsir
    lv 51 feraligatr

janine
    lv 48 fearow
    lv 50 jumpluff
    lv 50 pinsir
    lv 51 arcanine
    lv 53 jynx
    lv 53 feraligatr

misty
    lv 54 fearow
    lv 56 pinsir
    lv 57 jumpluff
    lv 57 arcanine
    lv 60 jynx
    lv 60 feraligatr

brock
    lv 57 fearow
    lv 59 jumpluff
    lv 59 arcanine
    lv 60 pinsir
    lv 62 jynx
    lv 63 feraligatr

blaine
    lv 60 fearow
    lv 62 pinsir
    lv 63 jumpluff
    lv 63 arcanine
    lv 65 jynx
    lv 66 feraligatr

blue
    lv 62 fearow
    lv 64 pinsir
    lv 65 jumpluff
    lv 65 arcanine
    lv 67 jynx
    lv 67 feraligatr

ash
    lv 67 jumpluff
    lv 68 pinsir
    lv 69 arcanine
    lv 65 fearow
    lv 70 feraligatr
    lv 68 jynx

Lost my Diamond at LAX airport
    Check out my game! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=160504

Well I haven't quite been playing the 'offical' crystal as I don't own a GB, GBC or GBA SP to play mine so I got an emulator called MeBoy for my mobile phone and put the crystal rom on it (Perfectly legal, I have a cartridge for my gameboy and gameboy advance games to rip them and have roms of all of them on my laptop. Anyways stuck it on my phone. Started it up, my game name is .VALO. and the following events unfolded:

Picked Totodile for my starter as I've never had one before, went through the usual boring ****, caught a Geodude and Gastly before I whacked Falkner. Trained Totodile, Geodude and Gastly up to level 12. Totodile is named Jawz, Geodude is named Stallone and Gastly is named Emzie. Went to the poke center and got the Togepi egg from the science geek and id sprout tower next and got flash. Anyways went through that cave whatever it's called, the name won't come to mind right now, anyways did the little well thingy and rescued the Slowpokes. Beat the gym leader then my rival, went through the forest and got cut before beating all the trainers, Jawz evolved in the process and got an odd egg from the daycare weirdos. Beat the gym leader, got a bike and a squirt bottle and beat all the trainers leading towards the park and in the park. Beat the trainers on the next route and caught a Growlithe (Forgot I could get a Magmar in the burnt tower) and named it Fluffy. Anyways levelled my pokes up some more and then beat them Kimono girls to get surf, beat Morty easily and Stallone evolved in the process. Beat my rival in the burnt tower and then moved on the left route, battled all the trainers before Olivine and I'm currently trying to find a Fartfetch'd for my team.

Well that's all so far, letting my phone charge for a bit then I'll be back on it again. Also for anyone who wants MeBoy I suggest that your phone is decent as if your phone isn't it'll run really slow, I have an LG Prada which is an awful phone BUT has a processor so it runs as fast as the gameboy! =]
    Pokémon Black FC - 2322 5875 6505

I just beat the 6th gym leader on gold............
    I got a merrep and evolved it fully
    I am in the islands
    playtime- 3 hours 56 min

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast