Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2322

Thread: G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

Felt like restarting my Crystal to rekindle old memories (and because I was bored). As I recently did with FireRed, I shall use Pokemon that I have never or rarely used in this game previously. Except Magnemite. You can't have a team without Magnemite.

I caught a whole bunch of things on Route 30 but my current team consists of a level 5 Ledyba. Tackling foes to death is not as entertaining as it sounds. Which is not very.

I began my Silver scramble challenge last night by choosing Totodile - of whom is supposed to be part of my team anyway. One problem I have with having a Totodile is not that I don't like them, but rather that i've used them so much in Silver and Crystal down the years. Maybe I should restart my Crystal file soon (which also has a Feraligatr as starter, although I have a great team on it lol).

Anyway, that's the extent of my happenings so far in this file. I've seen Mr. Pokemon and Oak for the Mystery Egg and Pokedex respectively, and kicked my Rival's (Brian's) butt before giving his name to the police and handing the Egg to Elm. I think i'll resume playing it soon.

Current Team:
    Totodile - Lv8
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 21st October 2008 at 2:27 PM.

Trying to defeat Whitney with little success. I'm amazed that I got past the first two gyms using only Ledian. Now it's the uber-punching Ledian. I also caught a Sunkern.

Ledian and Sunkern. What a great team.

My Togepi egg hatched but my Odd egg still persists to not do so. Whilst training for Whitney I hope to get it to hatch, but probably won't use what's in it unless its tempting.

Team:

lvl.25
    lvl.15

Started a new game
    Picked Totodile
    Beat 1st Gym
    About to start 2nd gym

Battles in my sig!
    Watch my progression through Pokemon LeafGreen,Pokemon Gold,Pokemon Ruby,and Pokemon Platinum!

http://www.youtube.com/user/KingaLing90

Continuing my Silver Scramble Challenge, I have made a little more progress in the early stages of my journey through Johto. Last time, I had just set off with my new Totodile - the two of us getting to know each other. Whilst carrying out an errand for Elm, I had a phonecall from him alerting me of a theft at his lab. On my way back, I was challenged by my rival, who was quite clearly the thief in question. I battled his stolen (and presumably shaken/scared) Chikorita one on one with Totodile, and my new reptilian friend won quite handily after eating his held Berry halfway through battle (hardly a suitable time for a snack but there you go lol).

So I went through the procedure of giving my account of the event to the police officer before handing the Mystery Egg to a surprised Professor Elm and setting off on my journey for good. In compliance with Scramble Challenge rules, I only had Totodile as a companion on the way to Violet City, but he was good company and we bonded ever closer. He's a strong critter, as demonstrated by how he held his own by defeating the various Youngsters and Bug Catchers en route to Violet City.

By the time I got to Violet, Totodile was at Level 10, so in order to ensure he had no problem taking on Falkner, I raised him a couple more levels. As for the Gym itself, the various avian Pokemon posed little problem to Totodile, and he proceeded in Scratching them all to unconsciousness. Falkner's Pidgeotto was slightly problematic, as I had Totodile Leer his defences down by which point my Pokemon was depleted in health. No matter though, because a Potion or two perked Totodile up enough to deliver the final blow. Zephyr Badge, Getto Da Ze!!!

Finally, I received the Mystery Egg from Elm's ever helpful Aide, and I concluded my busy day by catching my second scramble team member - Mareep. Totodile is pleased to have new company, as am I.

My game is coming together nicely. I got my four badges, nabbed myself a Magnemite and a Natu and kicked Team Rocket's keister at the Lake of Rage. My team has struggled at the best of times but I think they're giving a good account of themselves anyway. Off to Olivine.

Tried nicknaming my team but I shall perhaps wait a while.

lvl.28
    lvl.29
    lvl.27
    lvl.27

I went on the SS Aqua on Monday and fought my rival. My first gen starters gained a couple levels.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

After defeating Falkner and acquiring our first Johto Badge - the Zephyr Badge - me and Totodile continued on south from Violet to get to Azalea town via Union Cave. As I mentioned previously, we met our next team member on the way, Mareep. Upon capturing her, we underwent some training to get her up to speed with Totodile, who was at about Lv13. At first, she struggled to make an impact with just Tackle combined with a low Attack, but once she learnt Thundershock it was a different story altogether lol. By the end of the route, she had more or less caught up to Totodile and we made our way through Union Cave.

Once we reached Azalea, I discovered that the town folk's Slowpoke had gone missing at the hands of Team Rocket. So after speaking to Kurt and witnessing him run off to the well, I followed suit. The grunts down there were no great shakes, and after one of the battles, Mareep evolved into Flaaffy! After that, I took on the Azalea Gym, where the bug Pokemon crumbled from my Totodile and Flaaffy. Just like Flaaffy, Totodile was ready to evolve into Croconaw now. The battle with Bugsy was straightforward. Two Water Guns from Croconaw were all it took to take down Metapod and Kakuna each, and Scyther was eventually tamed by Flaaffy's Thundershock (although Fury Cutter caused me a few problems lol).

Fresh from receiving the Hive Badge, we made our way to the Ilex Forest, where we were first 'graced' by my Rival's appearance. He caused me great problems, especially with his Bayleef because I had no effective moves against it. If only I had Abra/Kadabra or Magmar at this point lol. But due to this, my strategy was basically based upon luck. First, Flaaffy Thunder-wave'd Bayleef, before weakening him a little, and then Croconaw would have to rely on taking a couple of Razor Leafs while Scratching it to death, hoping for paralysis to kick in on it. This eventually worked, and I continued towards Ilex Forest, helping the Charcoal guys along the way.

Team:
    Croconaw - Lv19
    Flaaffy - Lv18
    Egg (Hatched into Togepi and now boxed)
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 24th October 2008 at 12:21 PM.

I'm caught myself a male Poliwhirl level 41 outside Mt. Silver in my Crystal Version after hours of effort. Defeated Red once more.

I expected to take an eon to obtain Suicune in a Pokeball, but I caught it with not much effort this morning. Now I can actually continue the game through Ice Path.

Evolved all of my team, but the movesets are really awful. Magneton's best special attack is Thundershock and Xatu doesn't even know any Psychic attacks other than Future Sight.

My Flaaffy evolved today
    I beat Pryce for my 7th Gym Badge
    I'm about to head to GoldenRod and deal with Team Rocket....aaaaaaaaaaaaagain
    Watch my progression through Pokemon LeafGreen,Pokemon Gold,Pokemon Ruby,and Pokemon Platinum!

After finally getting bored with Platinum, I decided to pick up my Gold and play. I was going to restart, but I noticed I had a save already and am Currently using it. So this is what I was able to figure out from my team: I started with Totodile, caught a Rattata and a Hoothoot, and am now training Hoothoot. Current Team: Totodile Lv.8, Hoothoot Lv.4, and Rattata Lv.2.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Wow....I forgot how hard Clair was...atleast for me

I barely beat her

Making my way through the dark Ilex Forest, I realised that I needed a cutter to deal with the inconveniently placed bush blocking the path through the forest. Due to this, I caught a Paras, before teaching it Cut and making my way through the latter part of the forest (I also obtained Headbutt from the lone green haired guy on the way).

Upon my exit from the forest, I was faced with the challenge of catching an Abra as my next team member. One Abra after another appeared with each one Teleporting away after a failed capture attempt. However, I persevered and eventually captured one. I then proceeded in training it against trainers south of Goldenrod and in the Underground, which was a long ordeal, but it was worth it in the end when it finally evolved into Kadabra!

So it was now time to take on Whitney, who I knew was going to be difficult due to past experiences against her Miltank down the years. But it wasn't as hard as I thought. Flaaffy went up against Clefairy, and paralysed it with Thunder Wave before shocking it to unconsciousness with consecutive Thundershocks. Then came Miltank... my strategy was going to be to paralyse her first and then Thundershock her until Flaaffy succumbed. I would then send out Croconaw and continually use Bite in hope that flinching and paralysis would kick in. However, this was not to be and Rollout after Rollout managed to defeat Flaaffy and Croconaw. So I sent out Kadabra, by which time Miltank's HP was heavily depleted, meaning it took just one Confusion for me to emerge victorious.

Just beat the Elite 4 and Champion Lance

Gold Version:

I beat falkner. I'm heading to Azaela town again.
    My team is
    CYndaquil- level 11
    Pidgey- level 13
    Bellsprout- level 5
    Geodude- level 4/ Which is the PC now because of togepi egg.
    Rattata- level 12

credit for pics goes to wherever they came from I just find them off the internet. Riverclan & Princess Luna are Best
    Game I.Ds. XBL Gamertag: Cynder Luna, PSN: Nightstream88, Nintendo Wii:3787 3517 0158 5437(Name: Cynder) Nintendo 3DS: 1719-4309-3349
    Name: Cynder Pokemon Black: 5286 7765 4679 Name: Cynder. Warriors: Name- Nightstream Clan: Riverclan also is half-clan being Thunderclan & Riverclan

Pretty interesting battle yesterday. I battle a trainer with two diglett they were pretty strong levels 12 or 16 something like oustide of goldenrod city.
    my team was
    Spinarak- level 16
    zubat- level 8
    Quilava- level 17
    Metapod- level 8
    Sandshrew- level 8
    Gastly- level 8

I should have lost that match only had one healing item. Quilava was my las pokemon the guy could have destroyed me with magnitude but he decided to spam growl. unless he ran out of magnitude if he did he could have beat me with scratch.

Of course I beat the 2nd gym leader and I caught a ditto my 25th pokemon.

credit for pics goes to wherever they came from I just find them off the internet. Riverclan & Princess Luna are Best
    Game I.Ds. XBL Gamertag: Cynder Luna, PSN: Nightstream88, Nintendo Wii:3787 3517 0158 5437(Name: Cynder) Nintendo 3DS: 1719-4309-3349
    Name: Cynder Pokemon Black: 5286 7765 4679 Name: Cynder. Warriors: Name- Nightstream Clan: Riverclan also is half-clan being Thunderclan & Riverclan

Forgot what I did the last time I posted. Well, basically, I'm training for Clair whilst also attempting to catch Raikou. And also I'm raising new team members, hurrah. They include Yanma, Lickitung, Tangela and Gligar. Not quite sure how I'm going to rearrange my team at present and I've been in limbo for a few days now.

I'm raising all my pokemon but ditto to level 21. On my team
    Quilava- level 20
    Gastly- level 11
    Sandshrew- level 10
    Butterfree- level 10
    Spinarak-level 17, I'm raising to level 22
    Zubat- level 12- finally knows a good attack bite. leach life is not that strong.

I also faced an annoying night guard that spammed Roar with growlithe which got annoying.
    I also caught 2 sunkern and a second growlithe
    I also caught recently Stantler Nidoran(male,female), Ditto, I caught Earlier, Slowpoke, Wooper,Oddish,Hoppip,Hoothoot,Jigglypuff,Sentret,S pearow,Togepi, Geodude,Onix,Bellspout- level 16 is where it is at now. Mareep now a flaafy,Rattata now level 16, Pidgey now level 15.

I might hang around goldenrod and try and get a yanma.

Quote Originally Posted by theschmizz View Post
    too bad i didnt discover this thread til today...i just beat ash yesterday
    btw im gold rivals silver and im playin crystal
    final team was
    lv 67 jumpluff (useful with its leech seed sleep powder mega drain combo)
    lv 68 pinsir (just brute force)
    lv 69 arcanine
    lv 65 fearow (simply for fly)
    lv 70 feraligatr
    lv 68 jynx
    teams at each gym
    faulkner
    lv7 hoppip
    lv 11 totodile

bugsy
    lv15 hoppip
    lv 16 totodile
    lv 16 ekans

whitney
    lv14 growlithe
    lv 16 pinsir
    lv 18 skiploom
    lv 19 croconaw
    lv 17 ekans
    lv 13 smoochum

morty
    lv 21 growlithe
    lv 19 pinsir
    lv 23 croconaw
    lv 24 arbok
    lv 20 skiploom
    lv 19 smoochum

chuck
    lv 24 fearow
    lv 27 jumpluff
    lv 26 pinsir
    lv 24 growlithe
    lv 26 croconaw
    lv 27 smoochum

jasmine
    lv 25 fearow
    lv 28 jumpluff
    lv 26 pinsir
    lv 28 croconaw
    lv 27 growlithe
    lv 29 smoochum

pryce
    lv 30 fearow
    lv 32 jumpluff
    lv 32 pinsir
    lv 31 growlithe
    lv 34 feraligatr
    lv 32 jynx

clair
    lv 34 fearow
    lv 35 pinsir
    lv 37 jumpluff
    lv 37 feraligatr
    lv 35 growlithe
    lv 38 jynx

elite four (at end)
    lv 38 fearow
    lv 41 pinsir
    lv 43 arcanine
    lv 43 jumpluff
    lv 45 feraligatr
    lv 45 jynx

lt surge
    lv 41 fearow
    lv 44 pinsir
    lv 44 arcanine
    lv 45 jumpluff
    lv 46 jynx
    lv 47 feraligatr

sabrina
    lv 44 fearow
    lv 46 pinsir
    lv 47 jumpluff
    lv 46 arcanine
    lv 47 feraligatr
    lv 47 jynx

erika
    lv 48 fearow
    lv 48 jumpluff
    lv 49 arcanine
    lv 51 jynx
    lv 49 pinsir
    lv 51 feraligatr

janine
    lv 48 fearow
    lv 50 jumpluff
    lv 50 pinsir
    lv 51 arcanine
    lv 53 jynx
    lv 53 feraligatr

misty
    lv 54 fearow
    lv 56 pinsir
    lv 57 jumpluff
    lv 57 arcanine
    lv 60 jynx
    lv 60 feraligatr

brock
    lv 57 fearow
    lv 59 jumpluff
    lv 59 arcanine
    lv 60 pinsir
    lv 62 jynx
    lv 63 feraligatr

blaine
    lv 60 fearow
    lv 62 pinsir
    lv 63 jumpluff
    lv 63 arcanine
    lv 65 jynx
    lv 66 feraligatr

blue
    lv 62 fearow
    lv 64 pinsir
    lv 65 jumpluff
    lv 65 arcanine
    lv 67 jynx
    lv 67 feraligatr

ash
    lv 67 jumpluff
    lv 68 pinsir
    lv 69 arcanine
    lv 65 fearow
    lv 70 feraligatr
    lv 68 jynx
    You did some good training there, kudos to you, dude.

My silver team:

Badges: 1
    Pokemon Team:

1. Lv.14
    2. Lv.10
    3. Lv.10
    4. Lv.10
    5. Lv.10
    6. Lv.10
    Last edited by Dj Travis; 5th November 2008 at 2:57 PM.

I reached Ecruteak after having a few days' break from playing Silver, and promptly made my way to the fourth Gym. It didn't take me long to beat the trainers in there with Croconaw's Bite and Kadabra's Psybeam/Confusion (note that Flaaffy took a bit of a backseat in this Gym lol). Morty, however posed a little more of a problem. The first time I faced him, both Croconaw and Kadabra were just a level too low to OHKO their opponents, so I restarted and raised them one level, by which time I managed to beat him and claim my fourth badge.

Then I continued my self-guided tour of the historical and cultural Ecruteak by going to the Burnt Tower. It was then that I remembered just how catchy its tune was, and nostalgia flooded back in . Anyway, so I defeated my persistent rival once again before dropping into the basement where I found the three legendary dogs. They proceeded to run away, leaving me to find them later. I then caught myself Magmar, who I added to my Scramble team, and took on the Kimono dancers in the Dance Theatre.

Finally, after seeing all there was to see in Ecruteak (apart from Tin Tower), I made the journey to Ruins of Alph via Union Cave to catch me another Scramble team member, Natu. It's gonna be difficult raising Magmar and Natu now, cos they are at lower levels than my Croconaw, Flaaffy and Kadabra, so I guess my work's cut out for me xD.

Current Team:
    Croconaw - Lv27
    Flaaffy - Lv 25
    Kadabra - Lv 27
    Magmar - Lv17
    Natu - Lv17

Still taking on Blue, still beefing up my Pokemon, still trying to catch them all!

I hope to have Crystal fully beaten by the end of the month.
    Currently playing : Ruby - Play time: 269 hours 24 minutes, 282 owned, 325 seen, no shinies.

I'm training up to beat Red while completing the Dex, my team has lvl 53-56 Arcanine, Tyranitar, Dragnite, Scizor, Skarmory, Magmar, Electabuzz, Nientales, Tentacruel, Arcanine...
    IV gen shiny list

FriendCodes:

Pearl: 1333 5508 8573
    Platinum: 4168 0811 6496
    X: 4656 - 7346 - 4333 (Grumpig - Wobbuffet - Duosion)

I'm thinking about restarting Silver. Don't know why, just feel like it.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Realised that I'd messed up my Crystal progress. And so I restarted my beloved Gold version for which has been untouched for what must be 4 years and 132 days.

Considering I have six badges already I've nearly caught up to my Crystal version anyway.

I also have the pleasure of having caught a Marill without the need for a swarm...yeah, I don't recommend it.

Team:
    Bayleef lvl.27
    Eevee lvl.27
    Flaaffy lvl.26
    Dunsparce lvl.26
    Azumarill lvl.23

Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast