Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

been raising every pokemon to level 35, deafeated T.R and got the clear bell, saw Raikou and Entei and filling in my pokedex

not much really
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

Lvl57Umbreon Guest

Feraligatr's L:33, have 3 badges, I own 28 pokemon and I'm currently trying to evolve my Eevee into Umbreon...very tidious work.

blackfoxnick565 Guest

This is my first time posting for the G/S/C recent happenings.. I restarted Crystal and chose Chikorita as my starter. I plan on having Meganium, Houndoom, Miltank, Arbok, Scyther, Magneton, And maybe Kingler or Lanturn as my final team. Can someone suggest what should be replaced and such? And I'm up for getting egg moves if I can get any in Crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoxnick565
    This is my first time posting for the G/S/C recent happenings..
    Ooh, my thread's gaining a reputation for itself. That makes me feel warm and fuzzy!

I've been busy with Real Life™, TS community stuff at TumSun, and Fire Red, but I'll be raising a Marowak in Gold as a False Swiper, since I've had so much success with them in FR and Sap.
    Shiny Lovers ClubChristian Alliance

PkMn Pearl: 4468 0773 8281 • MKDS: 356611 325184 • Puzzle League: 429641 119596
    Red Shinies: 4/15 ∗ Shiny Cover Legendaries: 2/8 ∗ Shiny Grass Starters: 1/4

None of my shinies are for trade unless I mention otherwise.

blackfoxnick565 Guest

Maybe... And in Crystal, My Chikorita is level 9, and I defeated my Rival and looking for a Ledyba, but I'll have replaced by the time I got a Scyther...Damn, I miss my old scyther from Gold, which was level 81, and never evolved which is what I want my scyther to do.

Current happenings
    Training out side violet city
    Pokemon
    Cyndaquiul lv9
    Tacle
    Leer
    Smokescreen

Mew lv7 (In-Training
    pound

Scizor lv5 (In-Training)
    Quick Attack
    Leer

Celebi lv9
    Confusion
    Leech Seed

Octillery Lv8 (In-Training)
    Water Gun

And just so you know i use a game shark

I must thank swimmerboy91 for my cool looking trainer.

shadowlink Guest

And just so you know i use a game shark
    *sigh* That is just pathetic. GS is a fun sucker. Meh, your problem.

This is my first time posting here too, btw, I was too busy on LG and E to remember my Crystal. And Yellow, too. In Crystal, I had and account and nothing special about it. I had an Umbreon. Its hard for me to evo by happiness, so he was a big guy in my team. But, upon trying the duplication trick, I lost it (made a mistake)! But the mistake was fixed and since Umbreon is gone and I used up TM EQ, I decided to start over. I now know about the duplication glitch (as of today), and the way to get the starters. I have no one to trade w/ for the dex or starters and not enough $ to buy another GBA(SP), so this made me happy! Also, I will now be able to get truckloads of Masterballs, so the dogs and Ho-oh will be mine! And infinite TMs, too. *rejoices*

Cherry Espeon Guest

This seems like fun so I'll start posting.

I started at 11:00 pm last night and I planned to catch an Oddish before I turned my game off so I had to be quick and skip most of the trainers.

I started off by calling myself Chris and picking Chikorita as my starter because it is my favoruite and collected some berries along the way to Cherrywood City.

An Old man gave me some pointers and slipped a Map Card into my hand and invited me into his house but I decided to keep going! Collecting berries and taking to people while battling enemies, I proceeded to Mr. Pokemons house.
    Eventually arriving there, I met him aswell as Samuel Oak who complimented me on raising my Pokemon. (Wow! I've done it about a thousand times before)

He left and so did I when I got a disturbance call from a whiny Elm who said something terrible happened.

I made my way back fighting Poliwag and Zubat until I reached Cherrywood and confronted my rival. He used a Cyndaquil who was easily taken down by Chikorita. After giving me the finger, he took off.

About a minute later, I'm back at the lab and I tell the officer I ran into "Baboon". He leaves and I show Elm the egg. He says he'll look into it and he told me to take on Violet City's gym.

The Aid gave me some PokeBalls and I left.

After a while I reached Route... Route.. (Well the one EAST of Violet City) and I caught a Hoothoot. Quickly raised her to level 7 and took on about 5 Sages at Sprout tower and she was only level 9. I battled some wild Pokemon until she raised to level 11 and learned Peck then decided to take on some enemies!

The gym was easy though Pidgeotto gave Hooty some difficulty with Gust. Brawly was left whining while I had a badge.

I collected the egg which I tried leaving at the side of the road but couldn't and collected the Miracle Seed off a tour guide. Proceeded to Union Cave after collecting Liz's Phone Number and telling the fat guy I don't want a Slowpoke Tail.

In the cave Chikorita swamped everything. He was still a low level but the Hiker was left crying when Chikorita One Hit KO'ed his Onix!

Collected some items and made my way to Azalea Town.
    Headed straight for Ilex Forest while collecting the White Apricorn. In the forest I caught a female Oddish. Went back and spoke to Kurt and he tackled the well. I went to the entrance and saved there.

TEAM

Chikorita (M) lv.12 @ Miracle Seed
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Razor Leaf
    - Reflect

Hoothoot (F) lv.12 @ Berry
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Foresight
    - Peck

Oddish (F) lv.7 @ ???
    - Absorb
    - Sweet Scent (I didn't check but I think so)

Egg (?) @ ??
    - ???

shadowlink Guest

I am still looking for the starters to be girls (breeding purposes), but otherwise, nothing fun happened.

*sigh* That is just pathetic. GS is a fun sucker. Meh, your problem.
    All i used it for was to ge those pokemon!!

I beat buggsy and my rival my team is now
    Octillery lv14
    Water gun
    Constrict

Quilava lv14
    Tackle
    HeadButt
    Smokescreen
    ember

mew lv14
    pound
    transform

celebi lv16
    confusion
    heal bell
    leach seed
    recover

sandshrew lv14
    scratch
    defence curl
    cut
    sand-attack

I must thank swimmerboy91 for my cool looking trainer.

Cherry Espeon Guest

Not much because I was sick.

* Trained Hoothoot and Chikorita to level 16 each so Chikorita evolved.
    * Used Hoothoot against all the Rockets in Slowpoke Well and Gym.
    * Took on Rival and won easily. Pecked Gasytly, Hypnotised and Pecked both Zubat and Quilava.
    * Returned the Farfetche'd to it's owner.
    * Recieved Cut
    * Caught a Psyduck
    * Recieved Headbutt
    * Found some dropped items
    * Made my way to Route 34
    * Battled Todd and got his phone number
    * Got Bike
    * Answered 5 questions correctly and recieved Radio Card at Goldrenrod Tower
    * Met Buena at 11:03 pm and told her the right answer
    * Got one more credit on my card.
    * Saved outside DayCare Center.
    (I want to do the trick to get a shiny baby)

TEAM
    Bayleef M lv16
    Oddish F lv.7
    Hoothoot F lv.18
    Psyduck lv.7
    Egg ? - It's about to hatch soon.

^ I will reorganize and give movesets next time.

~-~

EDIT:

Recieved Egg and Hatched to get a Shiny Smoochum. I caught a Jigglypuff (F) which will be a final member on my team and I caught a Nidoran (F). Also got Togepi (M).

Now I'm waiting until Night Time and Raising Jiggly against some Pokes.

OFF-TOPIC:
    I LOVE CRYSTAL!
    Last edited by Cherry Espeon; 21st July 2005 at 5:53 PM.

Cherry Espeon Guest

* Trained Shiny Smoochy to level 13 and dumped in P.C
    * Won the Bug Catching Contest with a Pinsir lv.14 (M)
    * Trained HootHoot to level 20 and it evolved into a Noctowl
    * Collected more Berries
    * Recieved sme more Phone Numbers
    * Trained Jigglypuff and Oddish against trainers
    * Got Kenya from Randy
    * Thought about final team (Have two members only!)

TEAM:
    Jigglypuff (F) lv.22
    Pound
    Sing
    Rollout
    Ice Punch

Oddish (F) lv.20
    Absorb
    Poison Powder
    Sleep Powder
    Stun Spore

---

PHONE NUMBERS:
    Elm
    Mom
    Picknicker Liz
    Camper Todd
    Picknicker Gina
    Schoolboy Alan
    Schoolboy Jack
    Fisher Ralph
    Bug Catcher Wade
    Bug Catcher Arnie

pivu Guest

Just caught suicune.
    I just trained typlosion to lvl 50 and all other to 40 (exept my fly *****).
    Also, im gonna go for the 8th badge.

shadowlink Guest

Well, I like Cherry Espeon's format of posting events, so I will now steal it! Mwahaha!

-This is Crystal, BTW
    -Got all starters, Cyndaquil(M)**Sunreqiem; Totodile(F)**Tidalring; Chikorita(F)**Petaltune. As you noticed, these are song-themed nicknames ^_^
    -Finished errand...beat Sprout Tower and the Violet Gym w/ all my starters at L9.
    -Got Togepi egg and left it in the PC. I will raise its happiness later, I want to beat the game fast.
    -went through the routes to Azalea, got Miracle Seed, beat the Rockets and the Gym. Gym beaten @ L16 for every starter.
    -went through Ilex, picked up Headbutt, Sweet Scent and the items.
    -beat the trainers below Goldenrod, got the Leaf Stone girl's #.
    -caught boy Exeggcute L10 in the tree in front of the policeman. Put him in daycare till L13 (which he isn't yet).
    -got Bike, Coin Case, Blue Card and Radio Card. I think that's all in Goldenrod apart from the Bottle, right?
    -waiting for my Exeggcute to learn Leech Seed @ L13 and then breed my Bayleef to have Leech Seed.

Current team:

Quilava@Charcoal (L20)
    Tackle
    Headbutt
    Ember
    Smokescreen

Croconaw@nothing yet... (L20)
    Scratch
    Leer
    Ice Punch
    Water Gun

Bayleef@Miracle Seed (L19) WILL BE REPLACED BY BAYLEEF W/ LEECH SEED SOON.
    Cut
    Reflect
    Razorleaf
    Poisonpowder

...and that's all for now. Can anyone suggest someone else for my team? I beat Crystal about 15 times (NOT joking) and always w/ the starter alone. Typhlosion is my most common choice and he gets to L60 by E4 and sweeps everyone w/ OHKOs. Excluding Dragonites (2HKO). So I don't know who helps. Any suggestions? Or am I fine w/ my current guys?

Cherry Espeon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlink
    Well, I like Cherry Espeon's format of posting events, so I will now steal it! Mwahaha!

-This is Crystal, BTW
    -Got all starters, Cyndaquil(M)**Sunreqiem; Totodile(F)**Tidalring; Chikorita(F)**Petaltune. As you noticed, these are song-themed nicknames ^_^
    -Finished errand...beat Sprout Tower and the Violet Gym w/ all my starters at L9.
    -Got Togepi egg and left it in the PC. I will raise its happiness later, I want to beat the game fast.
    -went through the routes to Azalea, got Miracle Seed, beat the Rockets and the Gym. Gym beaten @ L16 for every starter.
    -went through Ilex, picked up Headbutt, Sweet Scent and the items.
    -beat the trainers below Goldenrod, got the Leaf Stone girl's #.
    -caught boy Exeggcute L10 in the tree in front of the policeman. Put him in daycare till L13 (which he isn't yet).
    -got Bike, Coin Case, Blue Card and Radio Card. I think that's all in Goldenrod apart from the Bottle, right?
    -waiting for my Exeggcute to learn Leech Seed @ L13 and then breed my Bayleef to have Leech Seed.

Current team:

Quilava@Charcoal (L20)
    Tackle
    Headbutt
    Ember
    Smokescreen

Croconaw@nothing yet... (L20)
    Scratch
    Leer
    Ice Punch
    Water Gun

Bayleef@Miracle Seed (L19) WILL BE REPLACED BY BAYLEEF W/ LEECH SEED SOON.
    Cut
    Reflect
    Razorleaf
    Poisonpowder

...and that's all for now. Can anyone suggest someone else for my team? I beat Crystal about 15 times (NOT joking) and always w/ the starter alone. Typhlosion is my most common choice and he gets to L60 by E4 and sweeps everyone w/ OHKOs. Excluding Dragonites (2HKO). So I don't know who helps. Any suggestions? Or am I fine w/ my current guys?

Lol, I don't mind. We can be forum friends if you'd like?

Regarding your team, well I usually have a team of a Fire, Water, Grass, Flying, Electric and OTHER (Fighting or Psychic or Ghost)

So I recommend Alakazam, Primeape, Scyther / Scizor , Pinsir, Golem, Onix, Sandslash, Pidgeot / Skarmory / Fearow /, Donphan (catch a Phanpy on Route 46 (lv.3) in the morning), Rhydon, Machamp, Nidoking, Hypno, Arcanine or Ursaring.

*phew*

shadowlink Guest

XD Overwhelming...umm, okay. My turn to overwhelm:
    Alakazam - can't trade (no friends who play or 2 GBA's.
    Primeape - eww! Useless trash!
    Scyther - see Primeape.
    Scizor - see zam.
    Pinsir - bested by Heracross at everything.
    Golem - see zam.
    Onix - see primeape.
    Sandslash - doesn't help at all, just a powerhouse. Snorlax bests it.
    Pidgeot - meh. Isn't worth wasting time to raise.
    Skarmory - too far in the game to help w/ E4.
    Fearow - see Pidgeot.
    Donphan - see Sandslash.
    Rhydon - see Sandslash.
    Machamp - see zam.
    Nidoking - see Primeape.
    Hypno - see Caterpie.
    Arcanine - Typhlosion...
    Ursaring - see Primeape.
    Caterpie - you can guess.

You can now see that I am most pessimistic and it is very hard for me to pick someone that I like and can successfully use. About the friends thing...what is the difference between that and the normal communication upon meeting?
    Last edited by shadowlink; 22nd July 2005 at 9:26 PM.

Nocturnalist Guest

I like that method, I'm gonna steal it too if no one minds.

-Restarted game
    -Started with Cyndaquil
    -Got Mystery Egg
    -Got Pokedex
    -Beat Rival
    -Delivered Egg
    -Got Pokeballs
    -Caught Pidgey
    -Decided to do duplication code
    -Duplicated Cyndaquil and Chikorita and finally started with Totodile
    -Re-Did all beginning events
    -Currently training all 3 starters to Lv:10 before fighting any trainers

Current Team:

Totodile (M) Lv:8
    Cyndaquil (M) Lv:8
    Chikorita (M) Lv:8

(Will add movesets when they start learning decent attacks)

shadowlink Guest

^ That should be a standard layout. Really. Anyway, before you get far, start over and make sure you get a girl Chikorita and Totodile. You badly need these for breeding for MSs later on.

On topic:

Ok, finally done enough to have a little update.

-My Exeggcute learned Leech Seed.
    -Bred Bayleef w/ him and got the egg.
    -Beat up Whitney, got Sudowoodo.
    -Chikorita's egg hatched and *checks* it's a boy!
    -Decided to train Chikorita (the one w/ Leech Seed) to a reasonable level.
    -While training it, I got a Yanma!
    -Chikorita beat up the guy with the L17 Drowzee just below Ectuteak at L14! I was like, Holy Crap! All by itself! Considering it beat the twins' Clefairy and Jigglupuff before that. Wow...It had Reflect, Razor leaf, Tackle, Leech Seed then. I am proud.
    -On my way to get Surf now...

Current team:

Chikorita@MiracleSeed (L15)
    PoisonPowder
    Razor Leaf
    Reflect
    Leechseed

Croconaw@QuickClaw (L23)
    Scratch
    Bite
    Icepunch
    Watergun

Quilava@Charcoal (L22)
    Quick Atk
    Ember
    SmokeScreen
    Headbutt

Bayleef is now my HM slave...knows Cut and Flash so far. Will add Red Gyarados to my HM Slave collection when the time comes.

That's it so far...
    Last edited by shadowlink; 23rd July 2005 at 5:56 PM.

Nocturnalist Guest

Thanks for the tip, but I don't breed for move sets. I only breed for shinies or male/female. I let my pokes learn whatever they naturally learn, with an occasional TM here and there.

On to some updates...

-Got all 3 starters to Lv:10
    -Fought my way up to Violet City
    -Blazed through Sprout Tower with Cyndaquil
    -Creamed Falkner and his minions
    -Got the Egg from Elm's Aide
    -Made my way along the dock
    -Breezed through Union Cave
    -Ruined TR's plans in the Slowpoke Well
    -Destroyed all the bugs in the Gym
    -Beat my Rival's Bayleef easily with Quil
    -Found Farfetch'd
    -Got Cut
    -Picked up a Paras and a Pineco
    -Taught Cut to Paras and made my way to Goldenrod
    -Togepi hatched
    -Got Bicycle
    -Got Radio Card
    -Got Coin Case
    -Picked up a Ditto for breeding purposes
    -Caught Drowzee and traded for Machop
    -Trained all 3 starters to Lv:20
    -Currently breeding for a male Machop with no stupid nickname

Team:

Croconaw (M) Lv:20 @Quick Claw
    Scratch
    Bite
    Water Gun
    Rage

Quilava (M) Lv:20 @Charcoal
    Tackle
    Smokescreen
    Ember
    Leer

Bayleef (M) Lv:20 @Miracle Seed
    Headbutt
    Mud Slap
    Poison Powder
    Razor Leaf

Machop Egg (?) Lv:5
    ???

(Empty Slot for Dratini)

(Empty Slot for ???)

shadowlink Guest

^ Give Croconaw Ice Punch. Really helps. And Meganiun is nothing without Leech Seed. Headbutt the tree above the Daycare, get a boy Exeggcute, train (in Daycare) to L13, and then put in a girl Bayleef and voila! Uber-powerful tank. For Quilava, buy Fire Punch and T-punch. Firepunch is stronger than Flame Wheel, so you need it. And T-punch...you know. Also, I have made up this MS for Dragonite, if you are interested in seeing it:

Dragonite@Lefties
    Curse
    Ex. Speed
    Steel Wing
    T-Wave

It Curses, Ex. Speed covers the speed loss, uses the atk boost. Steel Wing for Ice types and Rocks. T-Wave is if you want to make better use of SteelWing...so that you go first. Now, be aware that you should only Curse about twice for you to be faster than a paralyzed poke. I might think three curses is okay, but it isn't very reliable. Just a suggestion...see if you like it and if it sounds as good to you as it does to me.

Nocturnalist Guest

Next time I play, I'm gonna buy Ice and Fire Punch. I already bought T-Punch for Quil but turns out he can't learn it til he's a Typhlosion...As for the Dragonite move set, I'll most likely use it except maybe for Thunderwave. I'll probably replace that with Dragon Breath. Other than that it sounds good.

shadowlink Guest

NO! Don't use it. I have a thread about this MS in the GSC RMT forum and it was proven to be bad. You can try it, but I am warning you against it. PS, you can buy the Ice and Fire punches now 0.o it's not like they disappeared...

No updates for me yet. Will have some soon.

Cherry Espeon Guest

Default Finished The Game!

*sighs* Everyone is using the layout now...

* Trained Jigglypuff to level 39 and evolved
    * Took on Whitney, Rollout was the best
    * Trained Oddish and evolved it at level 21
    * Headed through collecting phone numbers
    * Made it to Ecruteak and spoke to Bill
    * Took on the Kimono Girls and won handily!
    * Took on the rival at the tower and let the 3 pokemon go
    * Ran into Entei while searching for a Magnemite!
    * Caught one and a Pidgey aswell
    * Trained them all to level 30 so I got a Magneton and Pidgeotto
    * Made my way through olivine and took on the tower easily
    * Mom called with a Moon Stone so I evolved Jigglypuff into Wigglytuff
    * Sailed to Cianwood training Magneton against Tentacruel and opponents using a Gyarados I caught who knew surf.
    * Made it to Cianwood and recieved Shuckie from the nervous trainer
    * Took on Chuck with Pidgeotto and Gloom and won easily
    * Flew back to Olivine with the medicine and gave it to Jasmine
    * Flew to Mahogany Town and went to the lake of rage
    * After purposely fainting the Red Gyarados (I hate it), recieved the Dragon Scale
    * Traded that for Exp. Share after talking to Lance
    * Took on Mahogany Town Rockets. I love the tune in the underground place.
    * Took on Executives and used Wigglytuff as a sponge to absorb all of Electrode's Selfdestructs.
    * Pryce was no match for my Gloom
    * Taught Whirpool to Gyarados and flew to Whirl Island where I caught a Horsea
    * Trained Horsea to level 37 and evolved it into a Seadra
    * Took on Jasmine and won with Seadra's Surf
    * Headed through Ice Cave and caught a Swinub, Golbat and Sneasel. All put in PC
    * Flew to Goldrenrod and took on Rockets again. Easy.
    * Headed to Blackthorn City and used a level 46 Wigglytuff to sweep the dragon gym with Ice Punch.
    * Entered Dragon's Den and recieved a Extreme Speeding Dratini.
    * Flew to Cherrywood and on my way home I met a SHINY Raikou. I hade the sound turned down so I didn't know at first but I could swear the colour was different..
    * Surfed to Kanto and made it to Elite 4
    * Took them On and won easily. Seadra, Wigglytuff, Vileplume and Pidgeot being the most used
    * Head to Vermillion and took on the gym leader
    * Made my way through the other gym leaders, doing the random stuff and finally made my way to Ash (Red).
    * Took him on and won handily!

FINAL TEAM
    Wigglytuff (F) lv.75
    Vileplume (F) lv.70
    Queendra (F) lv.80
    Pidgeot (M) lv.65 (Weakest)
    Flareon (M) lv.69

Cherry Espeon Guest

~ Started again this time choosing Chikorita.
    ~ Made it to Mr. Pokemon's house while training Totodile to lv. 8.
    ~ Made my way back after collecting berries and took on the rival's Cyndaquil.
    ~ Told the Cop that "Baboon" was the rival
    ~ Showed the egg.
    ~ Got some Balls (lol)
    ~ Caught a female Caterpie, male Weedle and a Male Pidgey

TEAM:
    Chikorita lv.8 (M)
    Weedle lv.3 (M)
    Caterpie lv.4 (F)
    Pidgey lv.4 (M)
    Last edited by Cherry Espeon; 25th July 2005 at 6:01 PM.

shadowlink Guest

Cherry Espeon...that's Cherrygrove. Not Cherrywood. Unless you have a Jap. v. and you translated it. Why don't you duplicate the starters? And what became of the Shiny Raikou?

Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast