Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

Nocturnalist Guest

-Started over cause having all 3 starters was boring me to tears
    -Currently deciding between Totodile and Cyndaquil

>CherryEspeon, how in the world did you get your Jiggly to Lv:39 before Whitney?! That must've taken HOURS!

Cherry Espeon Guest

Cherry Espeon...that's Cherrygrove. Not Cherrywood. Unless you have a Jap. v. and you translated it. Why don't you duplicate the starters? And what became of the Shiny Raikou?
    Yeah I meant Cherrygrove city. I just wasn't thinking straight.
    I caught the shiny Raikou in a Pokeball after mean looking it with a level 50 Crobat. Easy Catch.

>CherryEspeon, how in the world did you get your Jiggly to Lv:39 before Whitney?! That must've taken HOURS
    !

No, it only took about 1 hour. I was hatching a ton of eggs and I trained Jigglypuff at EVERY encounter I had.

How do you get all 3 starters, without cheating? And, I am gonna start my Silver over.

shadowlink Guest

Cherry Espeon, the shiny Raikou NEVER used roar, hmm? Hard to believe.

To get the starter without cheating (but using a glitch), you need to choose who you want your rival to have. Mine has Meganium, so we will use that as an example.

1) Get Chikorita/Cyndaquil. Do the errand, get pokeballs. Now, go and catch any pkmn you see. Have at least one ball left to make it easier. Now, go to Cherrygrove and attach the last pokeball to your starter. Deposit your starter into an empty box and then go to Change box. Change to another empty box and while it is changing, it will say 'Saving...don't turn off the power.' When it just finishes the last period, you turn it off. As in, right away.
    2) If it worked, you will be at the starter choosing. Now choose the starter you didn't get yet and go to Cherrygrove. If this was done right, then you will have the first guy in your first box. Take it out, take out the pokeball, put starter1 back in. Then, instead of doing the errand, go and catch another pkmn. Do the same for this guy and reset again.
    3) You will be at the starters again. Now, choose the last starter (Totodile in this example, because I wanted the rival to have Meganium). Choose it and go to Cherrygrove. Take out the starters from the box and continue the game.
    *sigh* THE END
    Last edited by shadowlink; 26th July 2005 at 1:51 PM.

So, you are saying that is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlink
    Cherry Espeon, the shiny Raikou NEVER used roar, hmm? Hard to believe.

To get the starter without cheating (but using a glitch), you need to choose who you want your rival to have. Mine has Meganium, so we will use that as an example.

1) Get Chikorita/Cyndaquil. Do the errand, get pokeballs. Now, go and catch any pkmn you see. Have at least one ball left to make it easier. Now, go to Cherrygrove and attach the last pokeball to your starter. Deposit your starter into an empty box and then go to Change box. Change to another empty box and while it is changing, it will say 'Saving...don't turn off the power.' When it just finishes the last period, you turn it off. As in, right away.
    2) If it worked, you will be at the starter choosing. Now choose the starter you didn't get yet and go to Cherrygrove. If this was done right, then you will have the first guy in your first box. Take it out, take out the pokeball, put starter1 back in. Then, instead of doing the errand, go and catch another pkmn. Do the same for this guy and reset again.
    3) You will be at the starters again. Now, choose the last starter (Totodile in this example, because I wanted the rival to have Meganium). Choose it and go to Cherrygrove. Take out the starters from the box and continue the game.
    *sigh* THE END
    While it's not cheating per se, I would still call it wrong. The reason this works is because the developers did you a favour by not putting in a check for an incomplete save. The could've put a bit in the save which is set true when saving begins but returns to false when it finishes, but they opted not to as a favour to prevent save files from being lost entirely if power is lots during save. Your method exploits a favour from the developers. Just trade eggs.

(BTW, I was the first in this thread to use the so-called "Cherry Espeon" format.)

Progress:

My new Cubone is L19. I'm training him on R38 with all the Magnemites. (I might also go catch a Ledyba since it's Morning.)

Current team:

L19 Cubone♂ (T-Bone)@:
    Growl
    Leer
    Bone Club
    Headbutt

L44 Suicune@Leftovers:
    Rain Dance
    Gust
    Surf
    Aurora Beam

L44 Houndoom♀ (Janeway)@Amulet Coin:
    Roar
    Bite
    Flamethrower
    Sunny Day

L45 Ampharos♂ (Sheepy)@Quick Claw:
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Cotton Spore
    Fire Punch

L46 Meganium♂ (Autumn)@Miracle Seed:
    Razor Leaf
    Reflect
    Synthesis
    Body Slam

L44 Skarmory♂ (Teh Skarm)@Metal Coat:
    Sand-Attack
    Agility
    Fly
    Cut
    Shiny Lovers ClubChristian Alliance

PkMn Pearl: 4468 0773 8281 • MKDS: 356611 325184 • Puzzle League: 429641 119596
    Red Shinies: 4/15 ∗ Shiny Cover Legendaries: 2/8 ∗ Shiny Grass Starters: 1/4

None of my shinies are for trade unless I mention otherwise.

I won't do it, sounds like cheating. Anyway, haven't started yet, but I have a team:

Typhlosion
    Magneton
    Nidoking
    Ampharos
    Poliwrath(Where do you find it(Poliwag)
    ??? (Any suggestions)

I would advise against using both Magneton and Ampharos. In place of Magneton, try something like Skarm, Weezing, or Sudowoodo. The last slot could be something tanky like Snorlax.

Didn't see I had 2 Electrics, I will take of Ampharos, because I like Magneton. Maybe get a normal type, and a HM SLave.

Cherry Espeon Guest

Once you meet a shiny legendary, it's ALWAYS Shiny the next time you meet it.

* Trained Pokemon on Route before Sprout Tower

I'm going to be restarting that Gold I got in January after I get off the computer. I planned out what I think is a really weird team. It's an honor team (in honor of a character in my head's team [except that he doesn't have any Mew]), so I'm not changing any Pokémon.
    This would be the final result:

Raspberry @Pink Bow/Leftovers/Nevermelt Ice
    Furret (I can't get a shiny female Sentret, so I'm just going to catch a female and name her after the shiny female who belongs to the character.)
    -Strength
    -Dig
    -Ice Punch
    -Shadow Ball

AutumnLeaf @Leftovers
    Meganium (I can't get Shroomish [which the aforementioned character also has], so I decided to get Chikorita and name him after Autumn.)
    -Razor Leaf
    -Giga Drain
    -Earthquake
    -Iron Tail

MEW CAVE
    Mew (Yeah, I cloned the Lv. 8 Mew from my Blue version on my Silver yesterday... several times.... These two will never see battle; they're just HM slaves.)
    -Cut
    -Strength (I kept considering Headbutt, but then I realized that I'm probably not going to catch any other Pokémon.)
    -Flash
    -Rock Smash

MEW WATER
    Mew
    -Fly
    -Surf
    -Whirlpool
    -Waterfall

I'm not sure which item I should have on Raspberry. (Maybe I should switch out depending on the situation?) Furret's Specials suck, so Nevermelt Ice would work best with her Ice Punch. Too bad Normal types don't get STAB.... Help? I have some time.

A few things:
    Breeding for shinies is easy in G/S/C. You should be able to hatch a shiny Sentret within a day.
    Normal-types gain STAB on Normal-type moves! On a Furret, you might get better mileage with Shadow Ball than with Ice Punch. Chain-breed Shadow Ball onto a male Sentret, then breed with a shiny Ditto (you can use the IV-copy glitch in RGBY for one).

well,... I picked up Crystal today

- Started with Totodile
    - Trained Toto to Lv18
    - Got the Egg
    - Fought Rival
    - Named him: Haku
    - Caught Pokémon Wildlife
    - Traded Bellsprout for Onix
    - Kicked Falkners A.S.S with new Onix
    - Thaught Onix Mudslap
    - Got Egg again
    - Training Onix
    - Caught a Growlithe
    - Training "Baphomet" the Growlithe and "Los Armaduras" the Onix

Stats:
    Croconaw Lv18
    w/Berry
    - Scratch
    - Leer
    - Rage
    - Water Gun

Onix Lv11
    w/Berry
    - Tackle
    - Screech
    - Bind
    - Mudslap

Growlithe Lv5
    w/---
    - Bite
    - Roar
    - ---
    - ---
    Last edited by Trick-or-Treater; 29th July 2005 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMario
    A few things:
    Breeding for shinies is easy in G/S/C. You should be able to hatch a shiny Sentret within a day.
    Normal-types gain STAB on Normal-type moves! On a Furret, you might get better mileage with Shadow Ball than with Ice Punch. Chain-breed Shadow Ball onto a male Sentret, then breed with a shiny Ditto (you can use the IV-copy glitch in RGBY for one).
    Thank you.
    Can I get a shiny female?
    Ah, well, it's a bit too late now because I don't want to get a new Sentret/Furret now! I love my (chocolate-coated) Raspberry!
    They do? My book says, "That Pokémon gets a 50% bonus when using a damage-dealing move that matches its type (but NOT for Normal Moves). If the Pokémon has two types, it only gets a 25% bonus in each." It was lying, then...? Well, that's good, because that means Strength will have a strength of 120! But what do you mean by "get better mileage with Shadow Ball"? It has a base strength of 80, which at least works well with Raspberry's higher Attack. Nevermelt Ice would help raise the damage done by Ice Punch, which has a base strength of 75, but works off of her crappy Special Attack score. She's going to have both attacks, though, so I would be looking to increase the mileage of Ice Punch. I'm just wondering if I should give her Leftovers or NmI. Or perhaps Spell Tag because of her crappy Special Defense, and Psychics would totally screw her over, so she needs to take them out even quicker.... (I think I'll just switch between the three, depending on the situation.)
    "IV-copy glitch in RGBY"? You mean something like Bluto?

Quote Originally Posted by Trick-or-Treater
    "Los Armaduras" the Onix
    Isn't that a little longer than 10 letters? How does that work?

My progress:

7-27-05

I started Gold and named my character McKinna, which was the closest I could come to McCionnaith, that character I was talking about. (Yeah, that huge and weird-looking name is basically pronounced "McKinnah".) McKinna's rival is named Battle (McCionnaith doesn't like Pokémon battling). As stated, I began with AutumnLeaf the Chikorita. It was rather difficult not to gain a few levels (in order not to knock out L2 Sentrets [I wanted to catch Raspberry at L2]) going between New Bark Town and Mr. Pokémon's house twice and having to battle Battle. AL was L7 before I got my first Pokéballs. Took me a while to find a L2 female Sentret, but I did, and all of her stats, obviously excluding HP, were 6. They later separated, SpAtk and Speed staying low and SpDef kind of high (thought the latter two would change greatly with evolution...). Al's lowest stat was and still is SpAtk, being 10 when we started (the rest were 11/12) and now 39 (the rest are 43-50). I caught a couple more Sentret, whom I named RELEASE! because after I traded them for MEW CAVE and MEW WATER, I would have no use for them. I also came to learn that Rasp grew a great deal more slowly than AL. (For example, AL would need around 350 exp. points, but Rasp would need almost TWICE that. Thankfully, they're starting to even out a tad.)

I now have my two Mew (whom I later deposited, though I have taken MEW CAVE back out for Dark Cave and Ilex), Rasp learned Ice Punch, and AL learned Razor Leaf, Iron Tail, and Giga Drain. We trained a bunch, even going through Dark Cave and ending back on Route 46. Raspberry was in no shape to fight, and both were L11, I think, when we had to fight Hiker Bailey and his 5 L13 Geodude. Rasp gained a level and AL gained one or two. By the time we fought Falkner, Rasp and AL were L14! We breezed through Sprout Tower (where they both evolved at the same time), Rt. 32, Union Cave, and even the Slowpoke Well. I did some late-night planning for who will fight which of the Elite 5's Pokémon: Raspberry's fighting 13 of 'em, and AutumnLeaf's fighting 12. (She will have most of Will and Lance, and he will have all of Bruno.)

7-28-05
    11:31 am

Well, I have 6 hours and 39 minutes played. This morning, we easily beat Bugsy and Battle, being L22/23 and all....
    Going on a berry run and currently in Union Cave. Then we're going to take on Ilex Forest. And why the hell do Apricorn Pokéballs sell for less than Apricorns themselves?! Not going to Kurt anymore!
    -Quite a bit later-
    Got a Bike!
    I beat Whitney quite easily, caught a female Sudowoodo (if it weren't female and/or I had a female one in my Silver or Crystal, I just would have beat it to get it out of the way), and Raspberry learned Dig. I'm in Ecruteak, and Rasp and AL are L31. One more level and I'll be able to use that TM 26 I have because AutumnLeaf will be able to learn Earthquake (the last of his planned moves), and one more gym leader and Raspberry will have Shadow Ball. Training L28+ Pokémon with L6-10 ones.... X_x At least I only have two (they need ~2500 exp. points each, though), and managed to get to Rt. 35 (the L14 Drowzee give 204 exp. points).

7-29-05
    11:22 am

Still in Ecruteak. I have to wait for night to fight Stantler. That sucks. 11 hours and 34 minutes, and 6 Pokémon in my Pokédex.

Current stats:

Raspberry @[Nothing yet]
    Furret - L31
    HP: 102
    Atk: 61
    Def: 60
    SpA: 40
    SpD: 46
    Spd: 74
    -Quick Attack
    -Dig
    -Ice Punch
    -Defense Curl

AutumnLeaf @[Nothing yet]
    Bayleef... not for long! - L31
    HP: 86
    Atk: 59
    Def: 68
    SpA: 54
    SpD: 64
    Spd: 58
    -Razor Leaf
    -Giga Drain
    -Iron Tail
    -Tackle... not for long, either!
    Last edited by Kthleen; 30th July 2005 at 4:56 PM.

shadowlink Guest

Ah, I am due for an update on my painfully slow progression.

-did all the stuff before the Goldenrod Invasion of the Pathetic Imitation Kogas (GIPIK)
    -am standing in front of a guy in the basement w/ the helpless director. Meh. It's the hyuck-hyuck-hyuck guy. I will refer to him as the Most Idiotic Loser Ever (MILE).
    -MILE is currently weeping into his Raticate's ***. Good day to him, too.

Team:

Typhlosion@Charcoal (L37)
    Quick Atk
    Headbutt
    Fire Punch
    T-punch

Feraligatr@Quick Claw (L37)
    Ice punch
    Surf
    Bite
    Scratch *blushes*

Meganium@MiracleSeed (L36)
    Leechseed
    Razorleaf
    Reflect
    Synthesis

...and the pathetic undeserving HM slaves. Also, I will duplicate Lugia and use the duplicate as an HM slave to show my never-ending love for it

7-30-05
    8:52 am

Last night we did a little (very little) training. This morning, we beat the Kimono girls, which resulted in AutumnLeaf evolving! Now he knows Earthquake. We also went through Burned Tower and totally trashed Morty. I'm so glad that it was a typo when my book said that Shadow Ball has only 5 PP! We're still in Ecruteak, but planning to head west. 13 hours and 14 minuted logged.

Current stats:

Raspberry @[Nothing yet]
    Furret - L34
    HP: 111
    Atk: 67
    Def: 66
    SpA: 45
    SpD: 51
    Spd: 81
    -Quick Attack
    -Dig
    -Ice Punch
    -Shadow Ball

AutumnLeaf @Miracle Seed
    Meganium - L34
    HP: 107
    Atk: 79
    Def: 88
    SpA: 73
    SpD: 85
    Spd: 78
    -Razor Leaf
    -Giga Drain
    -Earthquake
    -Iron Tail

Nocturnalist Guest

-Started with Cyndaquil
    -Got Mystery Egg
    -Got Pokedex
    -Delivered Egg
    -Got Pokeballs
    -Caught Pidgey
    -Made my way to Violet City
    -Defeated Sprout Tower
    -Evolved Cyndaquil
    -Defeated Falkner
    -Taught Mud Slap to Pidgey
    -Got Mystery Egg
    -Caught Onix
    -Got Old Rod
    -Caught Tentacool
    -Currently training just outside Union Cave

Team:

Quilava [M] Lv:14
    Pidgey [M] Lv:14
    Tentacool [M] Lv:10
    Onix [M] Lv:7
    Mystery egg [?] Lv:5

7-31-05
    11:15 pm

We did a tad of training (and went to get all those berries and Apricorns). We went west and beat all the trainers on Rts.38-39. I helped Moomoo even though I wouldn't have anything to gain really (poor Moomoo! ;_;), and got to Olivine City. Raspberry and AutumnLeaf are L35, but that's going to have to change if we're going to utterly thrash Jasmine and her L35 Steelix. Why is training made so difficult? Eh. We'll train to L36 then take on the lighthouse. 13 hours and 52 minutes.

shadowlink Guest

*yawn* No fun updates, just beat E4 w/

Feraligatr@Quick Claw
    Slash
    Bite
    Surf
    Ice Punch

Typhlosion@Charcoal
    Fire Punch
    T-Punch
    Headbutt
    Quick Atk

Meganium@Miracle Seed
    Light Screen
    Leech Seed
    Razorleaf
    Synthesis

It was all against me, but I won. At the beginning they all were L43. At the end, Typh and Fera were 46 and Mega was 44. It was night, so I didn't get to use synthesis much. Koga's muk used minimize and feraligatr's surf missed twice. In a row. He died. Anyway, with some items, I made it. The champ is weaker than Koga, IMO. Maybe its because Koga is a haxy a**. Anyway, I'm on S.S.Anne now.

Cherry Espeon Guest

Day 1

- Restarted and saved outside Prof Elm's Lab
    - Walked up to Elm and saved before choosing a Pokemon.

my team is consently changing havent been on it in a while though anyway I'm training up my pokemon to level 40 and i need to train my swinub up for Claire.

Havent been up to much on it, not catching suicune yet and I hope to catch all 3 dogs before i challenge the E4/5 my team for that i havent decieded yet but i'll need to train all day to get my pokemon up to trash them anyway i know i need an electric/fire/psychic/fighting/ice types for them i have a rough idea who I'm chosing but no final plans it just depends on how well i do with Claire.
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

The champ is weaker than Koga, IMO. Maybe its because Koga is a haxy a**.
    Koga is a lot easier if you have a rock type... three of his pokes are DOUBLE WEAK to rock!
    HG FC - 5156-6531-8887

Currently looking for:
    Assorted legends (mostly Sinnoh)
    TM01 (Focus Punch)

shadowlink Guest

^Well, he is still easier. Even if all you have is Typhlosion. And that means the champ is a loser. BTW, who else thinks that Blue from Viridian gym or Red should be champ? They could soooo kick Lance's *** with one poke each.

EDIT:*cracks fingers* Well, update time, and I've got the patience to write some stuff here.

-Where was I last? Ah, after E4 I got the ticket and went to SSAnne. I always miss the myriad trainers in SSAnne like in RBY. I liked that. Now, it is just a few. Sad times...
    -Anyway, SSAnne sank and I never made it
    -I (miraculously) got to Vermillion. Once again,
    -Finally, my E4 beating team died to Lt. Surge. Last one,
    -Beat up Sabrina with ease. Don't we always?
    -Standing in front of Erika. Kewl.

Current team:

Meganium@Miracle Seed (L48)
    Razor Leaf
    Leech Seed
    Synthesis
    Light Screen

Typhlosion@Charcoal (L48)
    Quick Attack
    EQ
    T-punch
    Fire punch

Feraligatr@Quick Claw (L49)
    Surf
    Ice punch
    Screech
    Slash

Well, Screech+Slash from a Feraligatr=x.x I know Feraligatr needs EQ, I know I should give Lefties to the guys, but come on. Do I really need them? It won't even be easy with them. It will be just stupid. I have 2 TM26 clones in my tm pouch. Spooky. And I soooo don't want to clone Lefties. It is not as fun as I imagined (to clone, that is). Anyway, I thrive for Johto, but I only get 1 hour a day. I can't get past Kanto fast enough. Shadowlink wanna cracker. And Ho-oh. Since I can't get Ho-oh yet...*goes to get a cracker* Will update upon feeling like it.
    Last edited by shadowlink; 2nd August 2005 at 9:31 PM.

It is not as fun as I imagined (to clone, that is).
    Cloning is supposed to be fun? Since when?

8-2-05
    6:13 pm

Since my last update, we've beaten the Lighthouse and the Cianwood gym. I wanted to see if the medicine guy would give me the medicine even if I didn't talk to Jasmine. He didn't, but I didn't want to surf all the way back, so I went and beat Chuck in order to be able to use Fly. As I type, we're going to the medicine guy again.... Ok, now we're back at the Olivine Pokémon center with the Secretpotion. Raspberry and AutumnLeaf are L40. I think I'll level them up one more, then fight Jasmine, then head toward Mahogany Town. 16 hours and 20 minutes logged.

Current stats:

Raspberry @[Nothing yet]
    Furret - L40
    HP: 131
    Atk: 79
    Def: 78
    SpA: 53
    SpD: 51
    Spd: 97
    -Strength
    -Dig
    -Ice Punch
    -Shadow Ball

AutumnLeaf @Miracle Seed
    Meganium - L40
    HP: 126
    Atk: 94
    Def: 105
    SpA: 87
    SpD: 101
    Spd: 93
    -Razor Leaf
    -Giga Drain
    -Earthquake
    -Iron Tail
    Last edited by Kthleen; 4th August 2005 at 1:56 AM.

shadowlink Guest

Cloning is supposed to be fun? Since when?
    Since I got a Meganium/Red Gyarados mix.

Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast