Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2329

Thread: G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

So after 2 months of playing this god long game I finally have defeated the elite4 and the funny thing is they only beat me once and it was the last elite4 member but I wasn't ready for her but this time I destroyed them I just simply had my amphros beat about half of will's Pokemon and vulpix for executettor. Koga was easy sorta I used vulpix mainly on his bug types which were the easiest to kill however when I got to muk things got hard It just wouldn't fall to my noctowl's confusion nor did it get confused I mean it used 2 moves on me sludge bomb, and minimize And I had to use hypnosis to hold it down so after that crobat came out and did the same thing though he constantly used full restore and full heals on it forcing me to rage and switch into amphros killing crobat.Then I face Bruno and start with noctowl though it kept using quick attack on me I used hypnosis and fly and killed it. Onix was next I swapped into weepingbell and killed onix with a single razor leaf. Machamp came out and basically I used stun spore to stop it then weakened it until it beat weepingbell then noctowl came and finished it. Hitmonchan and Hipmonlee got beat by noctowl and feralligatar. And I won then karen was last she wasn't hard I'd say the hardest thing she had was unbreon but sudowoodo took care of it using low kick. Viaplume was next vulpix fought it with flamethrower and almost killed it but it had red health so it tried stun spore on me but missed and Vulpix finishes it with quick attack. Then Gengar was next noctowl fought it though it used curse and was good I used confusion and hypnosis and beat it murkrow and houndoom were beaten by amphoros and feraligatar. Last was Lance the champion He wasn't hard He goes for gyarados but its killed by amphoros then dragonite came out out feraligatar uses Ice punch kills it. The next 2 dragonites came out and both got sweeped by Ice punch then areadactoly was beat by amprhoros and finally charizard came out and lost to sudowoodo's rock slide and I defeated Lance becoming champion were Mary and Oak came and congradulated me Then I was taken to the hall of fame got registered in and then saved the credits rolled in and that's a Rap for Johto region now it's Kanto time! (As cilan would say.)
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

I headed to Cycling Road to get some more experience before taking on Sabrina, but there weren't a lot of trainers on Cycling Road so I headed to the Saffron Gym and took trainers out there until I reached Sabrina. She started with Espeon which fell to a critical hit Slash from Ursaring. Skarmory went up against Mr Mime and beat it thanks to a critical hit Swift attack. Her Alakazam was difficult though because it took out Ariados, Ursaring, and Skarmory. Luckily Exeggutor isn't damaged very much by Psychic and was able to beat it with Giga Drain. I got the badge and then headed to Cerulean City.

Current Team
    Lv45
    Lv44
    Lv45
    Lv45
    Lv45
    Lv45
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I switched over to Crystal version today since I wanted to try and battle at the Battle Tower. I didn't have a very good team assembled, but I figured that it would be interesting to test my luck against the trainers there. I managed to defeat three of them using just my Snorlax and my Lapras, but the fourth trainer was much tougher than I thought they'd be. I had to use Snorlax, Lapras, and Typhlosion just to defeat them, and then I faced off against the fifth trainer. Sadly, my challenge ended there since I lost against their Raichu. I tried entering again to see if things would be easier if I used Golem instead of Snorlax, but I lost against the second trainer. I decided to teach my Pokemon some new moves before returning to challenge the Battle Tower again. So I flew to Goldenrod City to buy some TMs from the Game Corner.

Sorry for not posting in what seems like ages. Anyway the time on my game was completely messed up and the time only moved when I was online and it was like 4:50am on Wednesday so I decided to scratch the Bug-catching Contest as well. I then went through Route 36 battling all the trainers and I came across a moving tree. Luckily I remembered to get the Squirtbottle from the lady in Goldenrod. I used it on the tree and it attacked! Defeating it wasn't too much of a challenge even though I was using an Electric and Fire type. I moved on through that route, Battled the trainers on Route 37 and finally reached Ecruteak City. I restored my Pokemon and met Bill who explained some stuff I didn't bother reading. I then explored the city in more depth and got Surf (I think). I decided it was the time to challenge the gym. The trainers weren't very hard as I just shared the exp between Quilava and Flaaffy (They are way overleveled). The puzzle was a little hard and caught me out a few times but I managed to get through it. It was time to battle Morty. His 2 Haunter's and Gastly weren't that hard. Gengar was a little harder with it's Hypnosis but I eventually defeated it. I got the Fog Badge and Flaaffy evolved into Ampharos! It also learned Thunderpunch (Alot better than Thundershock >.<). I then restored again and headed off to the Burned Tower. I beat my rival quite easily and saved after that.

Current Team
    - Quilava Level 29
    - Ampharos Level 30

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

So after taking a day of the game I decide its time to get the SS.Anne ticket from professor Elm and head of to Kanto but first I went and did some walking and thinking and decided to head back to the whirlwind islands to catch Lugia it was a challenge But I made through it then after that finally got done I managed to catch it then saved. Used escape rope and healed at the Pokemon center then went back to olivine city for the ship got on board then battled the trainers there found the little girl and brought her back to her grandfather and once everything was said and done I headed of the ship into vermillion city and did some exploring then walked to saffron city and funshia city and ceralean city and battled some trainers there now I intend to go back to Route 44 for a lickitung for bill's grandfather to get the everstone.

I switched back to Silver version, and I decided that I might as well go after the Ho-Oh at the top of the Tin Tower since I had ignored it. I flew back to the Johto region, and I stocked up on Ultra Balls. I then flew to Ecruteak City, and I headed towards the Tin Tower. Once I arrived, I began to climb the tower, although it was completely tedious since there were tons of floors. I eventually reached the floors with the warp panels, and I reached the tower's summit. I challenged Ho-Oh there, and I managed to weaken it thanks to my Typhlosion. I then began to toss Ultra Balls at it, but as luck would have it, none of them worked. I had to switch to Great Balls and then Heavy Balls, but neither worked. I eventually captured Ho-Oh with one of my last Ultra Balls, and then I went to the Ecruteak City Pokemon Center to deposit it in the PC.

I realised I didn't have Rock Smash to get further so I had to go back to the man on the right of where Sudowoodo was to get it. I then went through the Burned Tower and finally reached the 3 Dogs (They looked like 3 Sentrets!). They ran off so I went back out. I decided it was time to leave Ecruteak. I said goodbye to Nurse Joy (Only because she restored my Pokemon) and then left. I headed onto Route 38 and 39 which was good training as my 2 members were overleveled. I got a few people's number and finally I arrived at Olivine. My rival came out the gym moaning how weak I am (Even though he's never beat me!) and then he left. I resotred, looked around the city then saved after beating 1 trainer in the Lighthouse.

Current Team
    - Quilava Level 31
    - Ampharos Level 31

I headed to the Cerulean Gym but there was no one there so I decided to go to the Power Plant that so many people had been talking about. Along the way I battled some trainers but they weren't exactly tough. Eventually I was able to Surf down to the Power Plant and talk with the ticked off manager. As I was leaving I overheard a police officer tell a worker about some shady activity in Cerulean City. I flew back to Cerulean only to discover Team Rocket in the gym!!! The lone grunt ran away but I gave chase and beat him a battle. I grabbed the MCHN part from the gym and gave it to the manager in return for a TM07. I flew back to Cerulean and went up the Nugget Bridge before battling a lot of trainers to get to the cape. Once they were defeated I found Misty and Ash on a date. Misty got upset I interrupted them and then she headed off to the gym and I took a break.

Current Team
    Lv46
    Lv46
    Lv46
    Lv45
    Lv45
    Lv46

After I finished all the tasks in Ecruteak City, I decided that I might as well capture the other Legendary Pokemon in my game. I still needed to find the roaming Raikou and Suicune, so I flew to Blackthorn City. I bought some Ultra Balls and Max Repels at the local Poke Mart, and then I withdrew my Crobat since it knew how to use Mean Look. I then headed south into Route 45 since I had found the roaming Entei there. Sadly, nither of the Legendary Beasts appeared, so I headed south to New Bark Town since I had found an Entei on Route 29 before. I searched the tall grass for Raikou or Suicune, but they didn't appear there either. I headed to Cherrygrove City afterwards, and I made my way north towards Route 30. I didn't encounter them in the grass there either, so I went to Violet City to see if I could find them around Route 32.

After I decided to return to Johto to catch lickitung to show Bill's grandfather in Cerelean city I got the everstone and had things to do Once I got bored I challenged LT.surge to a battle at his gym and defeated him earning the thunderbadge then I surfed back to the power plant and learned what the problem was I had to find the robber who stole the piece to the generator then I was informed and went back to cerelean city where the team rocket member had been he acted strange in the gym then ran to the nugget bridge I followed him and battled his Golbat and used feraligatar to win in one Ice punch after that I returned the piece thus getting the card for radio and challenging the snorlax though I didn't catch it. I caught a diglett though and went to pewter city for a pikachu to show off then I continued my Journey through Kanto with only 1 Kanto gym badge.

I haven't got any further since my last update and I really need new members. I'm trying to use the ones I like but some of them I've had problems with like Heracross/Scyther and Lapras will be hard to get with my time problem.

I headed to the Cerulean Gym and beat the gym trainers with Electabuzz and Exeggutor. I healed and then challenged Misty. Exeggutor beat her Golduck and Quagsire with Giga Drain while Ariados beat Lapras with a few Sludge Bomb's. Electabuzz beat Starmie with a single ThunderPunch and I got the Cascade Badge. I was going to Fly to Lavender Town after that battle but I decided to go through Rock Tunnel instead. The cave was deserted but near the end I did find the TM47 for Steel Wing (GAAAHHH!!! I have been waiting forever for Skarmory to learn that move!) I got the Expansion Card in Lavender Town and headed to the sleeping Snorlax. I wanted to capture it but Ursaring accidently knocked it out. I went through Diglett's Cave and arrived on Route 2, but without any Pokemon that could use Cut I could not continue so I took a break.

Current Team
    Lv46
    Lv46
    Lv46
    Lv46
    Lv46
    Lv46

Realized that I was really going to need a ground Pokemon later in the game, so I went back to the Union Cave, got my self a Sandshrew, evolved it to a Sandslash after some major grinding, and started my trek back up to GoldenRod and through to Ekruteak city, to challenge the fourth gym.
    Emerald: Lvl 67Lvl 59Lvl 60Lvl 51Lvl 49Lvl 50
    FireRed: Lvl 65Lvl 59Lvl 56Lvl 59Lvl 60
    HeartGold: Lvl 55Lvl 50Lvl 51Lvl 53Lvl 50Lvl 50
    PlatinumLvl 25Lvl 24Lvl 26Lvl 27 (Game In Progress)

I stocked up on items at the Violet City Poke Mart, and then I made my south to Route 32. I had once encountered a Legendary Beast in that area, so I thought another one might show up if I searched around the tall grass. I wandered around the area for a long time, but I didn't encounter Raikou or Suicune. I visisted the Pokemon Center there, and I swapped Pokemon. I decided that I might as well explore Union Cave some more since I hadn't had time to explore it before. I battled some trainers inside the deepest parts of the cave, and then I arrived at the Ruins of Alph. I solved one of the puzzles there, and then I headed north towards Ecruteak City. I finally found the roaming Suicune in the tall grass as I walked towards Ecruteak City, and I had my Crobat use Mean Look on it. That worked for a turn, but then Suicune used Roar.

I beat all the trainers in the Lighthouse and finally reached the top and saw Jasmine with the sick Pokemon. It was good training for my Pokemon. She told me that I needed to go over seas to get some medicine for it. I then left the lighthouse and found out I had no-one who could hold my character's weight oversea. So I caught a Magikarp nearby with my Good Rod and used my Rare Candy I found in the Lighthouse on it and it evolved into Gyarados! I then saved ready to set sail next time.

Current Team
    - Level 33
    - Level 33
    - Level 21 (Only for surfing)

I was thinking about doing an Ampharos and Quilava only run now because there's no other Pokemon in Johto that I can get (Stupid time problem) that I like and it will certainly give me a challenge to do. I will obviously use the other spaces as HM Carriers and any other random Pokemon which may help me in certain gyms.

I've recently uncovered my dear pokemon crystal version! it was the first pokemon game i ever played and much to my surprise the internal battery is in working condition!!!
    YAYYY! excited to start a new game, i explored a bit on my last save file and found my first (and only, except for gyrados) shiny pokemon, raticate. i didnt want to lose it so i transferred it to my silver version. NEW GAME TIME! time lapse---------
    ive played on my new save file for a good while now and am currently just arriving in Mahogany Town. would someone rate my team, give me suggestions, etc.?
    1. Bayleaf
    2. Donphan
    3. Heracross
    4. Lanturn
    5. Growlithe
    6. Eevee (future umbreon)

also im big with the pokemon franchise, its been a good part of my childhood. i dont EV,IV, wahtever train, nor do i play competitively.
    the games i own::
    red, silver, crystal, sapphire, firered, diamond, soulsilver, and white
    pokemon puzzle league for gamboy, pokemon pinball ruby/sapphire edition,
    pokemon ranger, pokemon mystery dungeon blue rescue team, pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of darkness, pokemon trozei
    pokemon puzzle league N64, hey you pikachu N64, pokemon stadium 1pokemon stadium 2
    pokemon XD gale of darkness
    Sage Chow sent out Bellsprout!
    #BLUECOLLARGOLDSWAGGER

^ Are you going to evolve Bayleef and Growlithe?

well bayleef will evolve upon level up, im not sure when to evolve growlithe. should i wait until it learns agility?
    but ultimately yes they will evolve: that is just how my team is now.
    any suggestions or alterations you can suggest for me??

**just explored the conifer forests around the lake of rage; captured the red gyrados with an ultra ball; and followed Lance back to Mahogany town.
    #BLUECOLLARGOLDSWAGGER

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSnap View Post
    well bayleef will evolve upon level up, im not sure when to evolve growlithe. should i wait until it learns agility?
    Until it learns Flamethrower, I say. It's a bit late at L50. Unless you have lots of money and can buy coins to Move Tutor Flamethrower on Arcanine. Because Arcanine doesn't learn anything except Extremespeed at L50.

Anyway. I restarted Crystal, just because I was feeling nostalgic. XD Cbb going through team planning, so I'll just use the layout I had for my team back in 2009, consisting of Meganium, Magmar, Miltank, Scyther and Lapras. For now I'm in the Sprout Tower. Ah, stupid sages with their underleveled Bellsprouts. lol. I only have Bayleef for now (and I'm training him like crazy), so a L18 Bayleef pwning L3 Bellsprouts are... well, quick to say at the very least.

Fast forward for a little bit...

Now I'm in Goldenrod, and now I have two Pokemon to train. Bayleef and Magby, from the egg. Shiny, heck yeah. And she's got Fire- and Thunder Punch now. ^_^ Planning to get a Scyther before actually challenging Whitney. I might raise them all up tu L28 (Bayleef's current level) if I feel like it... Yeah, I think I'll do that. After this, I'd only need to beat Morty to actually be able to use Surf outside battle so I can get a Lapras on Friday, and Miltank is just outside Ecruteak I believe. My dream team is getting compleeeeeeeeeete

Let us do another timeskip for this place isn't very famous, is it?

So I've been waiting for the clock to hit 12, because.. well, the Bug Catching Contest! It's Saturday in the game though. I wonder why. Hmm. Maybe I set the day 2 days early, lol. Anyway. Been catching Scyther, and killing Pinsir. XP And while doing that, filling up the Pokedex (I'm not really into it, but hey, you get 20 free Balls so I figured, why not?) So now Scyther is part of my team. Another female. I'm not really fussy about the gender though. Now all that's left is training her to L28 or 29, before curbstomping Whitney. ^_^

After this, I should be able to get Miltank and Lapras. Yaaaaaay.
    Last edited by arceus03; 17th November 2011 at 6:31 AM.

^At least your time thing works >.<

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    ^At least your time thing works >.<
    Why, your internal clock died or something?

Aaaaaand I have Miltank. Yay! And now I only need Lapras and my team will be complete. I'm planning to go get a Lapras today since well, otherwise it's another week. And yeah, it's Friday again in the game. XD Whatever, I guess. That said, I need to beat Morty first to actually be able to Surf... And that means training Miltank first. I'm still getting my homework done. After that, I'll go train Miltank and hopefully have enough time to beat Morty and get Lapras. Otherwise, ah, it'll have to wait until next week which I'm not keen about. >.>

So... Off tho homework. lol

^ Yep something like that. The time only goes up when I actually play the game and not in real time So I can't get Lapras unless if I play the game for like 48 hours which is too much. Same with the Bug catching contest. I'd have to wait just under a day ingame time to get them :S

I decided to focus on training my Pokemon some more rather than on looking for Raikou and Suicune since they were too difficult to find and capture. I headed over to Victory Road to train, but the Pokemon there weren't as powerful as I would've liked, so I just went to Mt. Silver again. I trained in the main cave for a while, and then I headed back outside to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center there. I decided that training against weak Pokemon wasn't going to help much, so I flew to the Indigo Plateau again and I decided to challenge the Elite Four. I walked inside Will's room, and I challenged him to a battle. I used my Magneton against his Slowbro and his two Xatu, and I used Piloswine against him Exeggutor. All that was left was Will's Jynx, which was defeated by my Umbreon's Faint Attack. I saved right after that battle.
    Last edited by Lorde; 18th November 2011 at 7:29 PM. Reason: Error; Meant to say Piloswine.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I decided to focus on training my Pokemon some more rather than on looking for Raikou and Suicune since they were too difficult to find and capture. I headed over to Victory Road to train, but the Pokemon there weren't as powerful as I would've liked, so I just went to Mt. Silver again. I trained in the main cave for a while, and then I headed back outside to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center there. I decided that training against weak Pokemon wasn't going to help much, so I flew to the Indigo Plateau again and I decided to challenge the Elite Four. I walked inside Will's room, and I challenged him to a battle. I used my Magneton against his Slowbro and his two Xatu, and I used Mamoswine against him Exeggutor. All that was left was Will's Jynx, which was defeated by my Umbreon's Faint Attack. I saved right after that battle.
    Uhm how did you use Mamoswine in Gen 2?

Question:
    what moveset would you reconmmend for my bayleef? - future meganium
    and heracross?
    their movesets are as following as of now:
    bayleef lvl30
    - synthesis
    - razor leaf
    - poison powder
    - reflect
    heracross lvl29
    - endure
    - counter
    - horn attack
    - fury attack

thanks!

UPDATE:: contiuing to work my way through the rocket's lair in mahogany. caught a voltorb in the lair. i am hopeful to finish off the den, and head to Dark Cave to get a lapras, and then to goldenrod for a haircut for my eevee (future umbreon)

at what happiness level does it take for eevee to evolve into umbreon? 220?
    should i evolve it prior to level 30 for confuse ray? or just keep leveling up past 30 before it evolves? its level 29 as of now. i thought i might go for baton pass.
    #BLUECOLLARGOLDSWAGGER

Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast