Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192
Results 2,276 to 2,286 of 2286

Thread: G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread

I received the Glacier Badge and the Icy Wind TM after I defeated Gym Leader Pryce and then I walked out of the Gym. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and then I flew to Goldenrod City since I had heard about Team Rocket's broadcast from Elm and I had to stop them. Once in Goldenrod City I went to the Goldenrod City Radio Tower. Once inside I climbed and I battled Team Rocket grunts. I kept climbing until I reached the director's room, but he wasn't there. Instead I spoke with a Team Rocket Executive and I had to battle him instead. Since the real Radio Tower director had gone missing, I headed back down the Radio Tower to look for him and also because I needed the Card Key to unlock the other doors.

After defeating every trainers I could find at the lighthouse I reached the top where I met Jasmine, the local gym leader;
    Unfortunately she wasn't up for a battle, since she was trying to heal the sick ampharos that was supposed to shed light over the sea;
    To get her attention I set out to Cianwood, in order to fetch a medicine from the city's pharmacy.
    I needed a water pokemon to surf my way there and used a good rod in the western segment of the sea: at first I caught a poliwag, but decided to keep him as a full time member of the team, thus I caught a krabby too, taught him the proper HM and started surfing south west.
    I successfully battled few swimmers on the way and reached shore, where I explored a little and even got a shuckle from a frightened citizen, to keep it safe;
    I saved after I got hold of the medicine, a secret potion, for ampharos.
    Latest awesome shiny ^_^

I headed back out to the Goldenrod Tunnel part of the city in order to find the Radio Tower's director. I arrived at the underground floor and I encountered my rival there. I battled against him and won, then I messed with the switches to unlock the doors. I battled Team Rocket grunts while I made my way around and then I finally unlocked the correct door. I found the director at the storage area under the Department Store and once I got the Card Key, I headed back to the surface. I entered the Radio Tower again and I climbed to the top. I battled two more Team Rocket executives and then I faced off against the leader. I defeated his Houndour, Koffing and Houndoom and I saved after speaking with the director.

Once again I found myself at the top of the lighthouse located in olivine city, but this time with the right tools;
    I gave the secret potion to Jasmine and she healed the sick ampharos, that returned to its full potential and the gym leader finally decided to go back to the gym, where I headed immediately with my team, now consisting of five members: quilava, pidgeotto, venonat, ampharos and poliwag, the last of which at the same level when I caught it.
    I got a little overconfident when I knew about the gym type, steel, against which I had a clear advantage with my beloved fire starter and decided to challenge the leader without further training;
    Oddly there was no trainer before the leader and with quilava I faced her directly.
    The battle wasn't so hard, quilava managed to take down the opponent's magnemite, but things got a little bit more complicated when Jasmine called in steelix, a steel rock type against which my pokemon could possibly suffer some serious damage; I decided to call him back and switch him with ampharos, applying the same tactic I used with Whitney and her miltank: growl my way to lower the enemy's attack until my pokemon are able to stay alive taking few hits;
    The steelix's iron tail missed a couple of times, helping me to achieve my plan, when his attack hit the lower bottom I recalled quilava and defeated the threat with few embers.
    I got a Mineral Badge to prove my victory, along with the TM containing iron tail and saved after a quick trip to the local pokemon center.
    Latest awesome shiny ^_^

I climbed down the Goldenrod Radio Tower after getting the Rainbow Wing and I stopped by the PC in order to heal my Pokemon. I visited the Department Store as well in order to purchase items, then I flew back to Mahogany Town. I headed east to Route 44 and once there I started battling against the trainers in the area. I used Surf and I wandered around the ponds there. I caught a wild Weepinbell and Lickitung in the tall grass in the middle of the route and I almost caught a wild Suicune that appeared while I was there, but it fled before I could do that. I wandered back to Mahogany Town in order to heal my injured Pokemon and then I went back to Route 44 and I arrived at the entrance of the Ice Path.

After olivine city I went to cianwood to immediately battle the gym leader for the next badge after the mineral one I obtained from Jasmine;
    Against the fight type of the gym I set out to train a little pidgeotto and venonat, even if the bug one could be useful only with the confusion attack... After a quick training session I charged in and started battling the trainers of the gym, and reached the boulders before the leader quite easily... The only scare was a machoke which really threatened my team, but in the end succumbed to ampharos and quilava.
    I moved the hurdles from my way using strength (which I got in olivine's cafe) and tackled the leader, Chuck.
    He started with Primeape, and I chose pidgeotto (unsurprisingly...) and the first round was down pretty quickly with few gust attacks ;
    His second and last pokemon was poliwrath, against which I decided to call in ampharos (to make things quicker) and a combination of thunder wave, a couple of growl and thunderpunch granted me another victory.
    I received a storm badge and saved after leaving the building.
    Latest awesome shiny ^_^

I started sliding on the icy floors once I was inside the Ice Path. I encountered some wild Swinub and Golbat as I roamed around the first floor and then I arrived at the first ice puzzle where I had to move between rocks while sliding on the ice. I eventually headed down to the other floors and I had to push some boulders using Strength. Once I had dropped them through the holes in the ground, I headed down some more and I slid around using those boulders to help me follow the right path. I eventually exited the Ice Path after catching a wild Jynx and I arrived in Blackthorn City. I visited the Poke Mart to purchase some items, then I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and saved before exploring the city.

In the recent happenings I went really forward with the gym battles, obtaining two badges pretty quickly and thus I decided to stay put and train the team, which was a little under levelled after six badges.
    Venonat was one of the weak links, along with poliwag and both took a serious work out, especially the first one ;
    I trained her quite a lot, she reached level 31,at which point she evolved into a beautiful venomoth, and became a really tough member of the team.
    Quilava grew up too, and managed to learn flame wheel and poliwag evolved into poliwhirl, as the team is shaping up to be one to remember.
    Latest awesome shiny ^_^

I visited various houses around Blackthorn City and then I decided to wander south to Route 45 in order to train my team some more before challenging the Blackthorn City Gym. I trained my newly-captured Swinub in order for it to evolve and I spent at least 30 minutes training in the tall grass along Route 45. That training didn't go as well as I wanted though since Swinub still needed more experience points before it could evolve into Piloswine, so I went into Dark Cave next to train some more. I encountered a Wobbuffet when I entered the cave and I caught it, then I spent another hour just training Swinub and my other Pokemon. Swinub finally evolved into Piloswine and I continued to train some more there.

With the team trained up I returned to ecruteak city in order to proceed east towards mahogany town.
    Krabby took me from shore to shore (to shore), I defeated the trainers in the way and got* to the city, where I refused to buy a rage candy bar from a too shady guy and healed everybody at the pokemon center... Realising a lack of potion and such I flew back to a pokemart and restocked everything, but I was again in mahogany quite quickly.
    I went north and made the mistake to pass through the left side of the road, through a gate where the team rocket collected a fee just for passing by (not cool) and I reached the lake of rage, where I immediately noticed the enraged gyarados, a shiny one too and proceeded to face and successfully catch him.
    Talking to the local citizens, and the great trainer Lance at the lake I discovered the city's problem and went back to the actual city to investigate further.
    Latest awesome shiny ^_^

I continued training inside of Dark Cave just south of Blackthorn City, then I headed back outside after 30 minutes. I returned to Blackthorn City and I healed my Pokemon and I also bought some more items before heading over to the Blackthorn Gym. I entered it and I started to battle against the Gym trainers inside. They mostly used members of the Dratini and Horsea lines, so it was simple to defeat them. I headed down some stairs and I had to push boulders through the floor with Strength in order to form a path over the magma below. I eventually defeated all the Gym trainers and solved the Gym puzzle and I left to heal my Pokemon once more. I returned to the Blackthorn Gym afterwards and saved in front of Clair.

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192