Page 29 of 88 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Quote Originally Posted by maddiejoan
    I really don't know why --and I wish they would air those --particularly because I play the Dentist Chair.
    Ooh, nice! Many other Kirby fans have been wondering why those episodes didn't air when Kirby was running in the US. I was able to see the Lady Like and Sir Ebrum ring episode in Japanese, which was pretty funny, but the monster, Noseman, was, for lack of a better word due to tiredness, weird. As for the other unaired episodes, I haven't seen them yet, but I should say that there are a lot of Kirby fans wanting to see the two episodes between "D-Preciation Day" and "Fright to the Finish."

Oh, and another question, but I'm not sure if you can answer it...

In the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Meta Knight is a confirmed character. In the trailer that was released during E3, many Kirby fans notice that Meta Knight had his Japanese voice. Since 4kids also does some of the English Pokemon voices in Super Smash Bros. Melee, would Eric Stuart voice Meta Knight for the English release? Some fans are still upset of his Mexican accent in the show.
    R.I.P. all of Red_Chagon's sixty-five (65) Spindas...

You probably don`t know me since I hardly come on here now...

Quote Originally Posted by A crow from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
    Alas, this twilit world is too full of pain and contradiction, too full of broken dreams. Perhaps I was only given wings so that I could flee the terror of mundanity…
    Since your looking here, say the following words:
    Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg!
    ^And that a real lake, not a April Fool's joke^

Maddie, I've got a couple of questions I'm hoping you can answer.

1) Who do Michael Sinterniklaas and Lindsey Warner play on Pokemon? I've seen their names in the credits of every episode since Advanced Challenge began, and it's been bugging me for a long time.

2) Do you know who plays the voices of all of the Pokemon currently on Ash's team?

Thanks in advance!

1. For the Team Rocket blasting off scenes, do you and Rachel Lillis and Eric Stuart need to be brought in together in the studio at the same time for the dubbing? And for that matter - considering all the times Team Rocket yells or says something together - do you have to do those parts with Ms. Lillis and Mr. Stuart?

2. I understand you voice Solomon Moto, Yugi's grandpa. Well, when I watched the first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! Dawn of the Duel, and I got to see young Solomon traveling to the Valley of the Kings and to the Pharaoh's tomb, I was happy to finally see that episode. But Solomon's voice was changed. Well, I was quite disappointed. I know he was younger, but don't you think you could have done his voice? All you'd have to do is make it a little less shaky and a little more firm and deep, or something like that. I simply prefer characters to keep the same VA no matter what age in most situations, and this is one of them. Can you tell me anything about this?

BTW, sorry for such a long paragraph.

Hi again Maddie, I have another question.

In Season 8 there was an episode called "Shaking island battle Barboach Vs. Whiscash" that wasn't even aired in Japan. It was "postponed" after a major earthquake happened in Japan due to the episode being about earthquakes. But the episode never appeared in the Japanese version. When the dub got to the episode it was also skipped, just wondering if it was at all dubbed or even sent to 4Kids?

The episode in question only has a few pictures from the Japanese preview here:
    http://serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/377.shtml

Thanks

One question, since everyone else has covered what I would be asking: How many enemies have I made at 4Kids with my website (assuming, of course, they've heard of it)? Do they all hate me over there or what?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    One question, since everyone else has covered what I would be asking: How many enemies have I made at 4Kids with my website (assuming, of course, they've heard of it)? Do they all hate me over there or what?

Dunno. But I'd like you better if you had me listed as Maddie instead of Addie.

Now I ask my second question, aside from yourself of course do you have another favorite talking cat with an attitude and what are your thoughts on a cartoon called Kyattou Ninden Teyandē better known to us as Samurai Pizza Cats?..and thanks for the bird compliment I feel better now!
    Last edited by plasticeye87; 20th May 2006 at 11:43 PM.
    I was a man of few words and pictures until I gained an eye then it got sore...........

But No More!!!!!
    Now tremble before my new evil eye!!!! (courtesy of this place)

"Only fools make a mock at Star Wars Prov. 14:9" Rev. Fred Phelps (He also hates toast)

Hey Maddie,

I read on Wikipedia that 4kids actually dubbed the seizure inducing episode Electric Soldier Porygon, did you or anyone else at 4kids actually watch the episode, or at least the part where the flashing lights happened in the episode?

Thanks to Espeon Lover for the glitter name!

The Trainer Card was done by me!

The Jirachi in my TC was recoloured by me, but the sprite itself was made by Pokesho!

The Pokémon Diamond and Pearl sprites were ripped by Eevee, Zhen Lin, pika and Pipian.

Want to help MMV and still have great Wii games from them?
    Join and see what great Wii and DS games they have,
    buy them, and pass the word to your friends, the more the merrier!

Default ^_^ Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of legend
    Hey Maddie,

I read on Wikipedia that 4kids actually dubbed the seizure inducing episode Electric Soldier Porygon, did you or anyone else at 4kids actually watch the episode, or at least the part where the flashing lights happened in the episode?
    I've always wanted to see the seizure-inducing episodes. That sounds weird, I know that...but they seem so much more interesting when they're banned.

Hi, Maddie!

I absolutely love your Meowth voice, and I did not know that you voice . I am an aspiring voice actress. What advice do you have for people such as myself who would like to do voice work for an anime?

One more question - have you formed close friendships with your fellow voice actors?

Thanks a bunch! ^^
    [IMG]http://i4.*******.com/21nps3c.gif[/IMG]
    Domo arigato gozaimasu, Kamileah!

Bishie: Hibiki Ryoga/Cartoon Bishie: Mr. Krabs/Celebrity: Eric Stuart/Anime Song: Jajauma ni Sasenaide/Couples:Chikoshipping, Mousse x Shampoo, Ryoga x Ukyo/Song: Killer Queen

Why do you wanna be one of them?
    What kind of job is that?
    Breaking hearts and crushing souls
    Just doesn't please me
    I've found my place
    And it's not enforcing crap

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshida Amane
    I've always wanted to see the seizure-inducing episodes. That sounds weird, I know that...but they seem so much more interesting when they're banned.
    I downloaded the episode just because I had to see it. Its such a shame, ts the only computer based episode we have ever gotten and my personal favourite. Now if only they would just remove the fast flashing lights and release it. Either way I got a headache from watching the episode, proves why it was banned lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kaibachaoschampion
    I downloaded the episode just because I had to see it. Its such a shame, ts the only computer based episode we have ever gotten and my personal favourite. Now if only they would just remove the fast flashing lights and release it. Either way I got a headache from watching the episode, proves why it was banned lol.
    The infamous Porygon episode is banned period. Not only is that episode not allowed to be shown in Japan anymore, it isn't allowed to be shown anywhere. Unless Miss Blaustein says differently, it is highly unlikely that TV Tokyo gave 4Kids this episode.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Madien
    The infamous Porygon episode is banned period. Not only is that episode not allowed to be shown in Japan anymore, it isn't allowed to be shown anywhere. Unless Miss Blaustein says differently, it is highly unlikely that TV Tokyo gave 4Kids this episode.

I don't think they will ever show it ---but we did dub it. And it didn't give any of US seizures

Any chance that episode would make it on DVD, as some sort of a 10th Anniversary Extra, with a warning message?
    It's been too long since I've been here.

Hi again Miss Blaustein,
    I have one question that I hope you'll answer:

1) Who's going to be the voice actor for the pokemon Lucario in movie 8?

I don't think they will ever show it ---but we did dub it. And it didn't give any of US seizures
    Really? According to one website, 4Kids dubbing the Porygon episode was just an urban myth. I guess the "Mythbusters" were wrong about this one.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

1) I'm a trained singer with a four octave range. The lower voices I can't do for sessions though. If I get a role like Surge for example --I'm good for an hour of recording before my voice starts to give out.

2) I'd rather not hurt my chances at negotions by answering that one --sorry
    Thank you for answering my questions. Yeah sorry about the 2nd one, I wasn't sure your were going to answer or not. Yeah, that is difficult when you get roles like Surge. But you just amaze me. But wow, you used to sing. Do you record any songs that you sang? (Sorry if this been asked)

Do you think Meowth should be like a movie star and live the rich mailbu life? I wrote a fanfiction about Meowth being famous that he can talk. I'm still working on it. Because deserves more attention for able to speak and you make his voice so great!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before...BUT I MUST KNOW! >,< I'm a huge Rocketshipper! Do you think that Jessie and James will get together one day?????
    100% Rocketshipper! ^^

SAVE THE DUB!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMrocket
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before...BUT I MUST KNOW! >,< I'm a huge Rocketshipper! Do you think that Jessie and James will get together one day?????
    It has been asked before, quite a few times, IIRC. She said yes, I believe (although with all do respect, there's no real way she could know for sure since she's not one of the writers).

Just curious, but do you happen to know which voice they used for Porygon in the dub? In a "Who's That Pokemon?", Porygon was featured and it said its name in a pretty robotic voice. However, I noticed that in Pokemon Snap, they seemed to have kept in that "Pe!" it does in the Japanese version. Although Pokemon Snap's localization was handled by Nintendo of America, it nontheless makes it seem as though its original voice is deemed suitable towards an English-speaking audience (it has the same name in both versions, anyway). 4kids aren't known for their consistency, neither, and the "Who's That Pokemon?" with Porygon could no doubt have been some quick and simple fix to let viewers have some idea of what the Pokemon might sound like, which leads me to believe there's some possibility that 4kids was about to use the original voice in that episode.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Firstly, I want to say thank you for voicing Meowth and so many other Pokemon characters all these years. The show has given me many laughs, and I'll keep hoping that those in charge of it now will rethink their decision to abandon what has kept it alive for this long.

If Transformers fans can bring back characters such as Optimus Prime back into their favourite show after the writers had deliberately killed him off, no reason us Pokemon fans don't have a chance with what we're fighting for.

Now, I won't blame you if you don't remember this (it was ages ago) but I couldn't help but wonder if you were responsible for the voice of the kid with the grass on his head in the Orange Island episode 'Pokemon Food Fight'. He cracked me up.

Also, back when you were studying art in school, did you spend time drawing cartoons? And if so, did you ever encounter any teachers who were intent to believe that cartoons weren't a form of art?

CosmoFC Guest

1)Is it hard syncing with the voice flap? (is that the correct word)

2) What was the first VA job you did? that hit the screens

3) How do you go around becoming a Voice Actor?

Haruka_The_BlackCat Guest

Hello to all,and Maddie of course.

The first I must do is introduce myself because I´m new here, but I haven´t got enough time because I´m a bit busy so I´ll try to be short.

I´m the president of the Fan Club of Meowth on the DeviantArt site (If somebody visit Deviantart and likes Meowth, come to the club, we are 42 members right now -> http://clubmeowthtr.deviantart.com)

I´m from Spain, and although here the dub of Pokemon is another and the change of voices doesn´t affect us, I sent a mail asking that they shouldn´t change that marvellous voices, because besides the Spanish dub, I really like the English and Japanese dubs. I couldn´t keep quiet, I can´t consent that new voice for Meowth (it´s my favourite character, as you can see), Maddie do it better.

Isn´t just for me, I´m talking in name of a lot of people that although being from another countries are agree with me, and as fan of Meowth, I´d to say all this in the forum and I hope you, Maddie, read it.

I wish ask you something else, but now I´m so nervous and I don´t what I can ask you…. And I don´t want that all this I´m writing will be unuseful, so I want to give you this Meowth picture I´ve done for you, and I hope you really like it. -> http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33602921/

And I´m thinking about something, It´s just a question, and a bit simple, but I´ve curiosity…
    If someday Meowth find a… “Meowth-girl”, what do you thing he´ll do?
    If you remember Harley (the guy that hates May), you can imagine it, he wears a cosplay of Cacturne or something like this, now imagine a girl that loves Pokemon cats but cosplayed some way that seems like Meowth and her favourite pokemon´ll be Meowth. What do you thing Meowth will do if he find a girl like her? I can imagine it but I´ve curiosity about your opinion.

I don´t know what to say, I´ll say goodbye for now, I´ll come back if I want to ask you something else, ah, and I´m not as “formal” as I´m being now, I´m only want to be correct expressing myself.I hope nobody thing i´m creeping to you, all I said it´s true, ALL, I´m sincere, not creepy.

Hugs and kisses, keep being as nice as you are Maddie
    Matta nya!

Dunno. But I'd like you better if you had me listed as Maddie instead of Addie.
    OK. I went and fixed the pages I could think of where you'd be listed as "Addie" (which I think is what some site like Voice Chasers had you listed as), but if I missed any, I apologize.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Hi Maddie!

I wanted to ask a question that I have in mind (I don't know if it was asked but...):

What pokemon would you like Meowth to have if he was able to catch one?

Thanks! And I hope you get to voice Meowth in the future!

Here's another question Maddie

between these two felines which would Meowth be more in love with, Meowzy or Skitty?

My Skitty and Meowth rule ^_^

Page 29 of 88 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast