Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth

Me again! Just a few dubbing-questions:

1) WHO does the English dubbing for Pokemon? Do the English directors sit around a big table, watching a muted episode, then figure out what they just said compared to the translation/syllabols (sp?)/random guesses?

2) Since you work alone from the other actors, have you ever discussed Pokemon in public, and have fans rush up for autographs?
    Meta Ridley=My Bishie!

PM when added

Quote Originally Posted by maddiejoan
    1) Tea with honey and lemon and I sing random songs in the voice of the character I'm about to do. Meowth's was "Impossible Dream" from Man of La Mancha.

2) Nope. I've when I did Kirby I even had to have conversations with myself quite often. I can switch voices in a solit second.
    Hm, thanks, I'll keep that in mind! Though once my friend had a ton of honey before an audition, and her mouth was practically clamped shut, so she couldn't sing properly!

That's pretty impressive if your voice can change so drastically so quickly! Even moreso if you can make sure all the characters act like they normaly do without getting them all mixed up!

I shouldnt tell you this then --but Dan is spectacularly handsome as well.
    o.o Omfg, I LOVE Dan Green! His voice is possibly the sexiest one on earth, and he's one of the main reasons I love Mewtwo and Yami so much (I only found out recently he played both of these sexy boys).
    *sighs* And now that I know he's good looking, I have one more reason to think this man is awesome. I'll just try too hard not to swoon if I see a picture of him.

1) Did you get to work with Dan Green a lot, and was he nice to work with?

2) Have you ever met an actor/actress who wasn't nice/fun to work with, who was maybe a bit stuck up or arrogant, abused their 'powers' or you just generally didn't like? (Can be anyone you've ever worked with.)

Again, thank you so much for answering my questions!

~Psychic
    Last edited by Psychic; 26th May 2006 at 1:56 AM.

Click to check out my desserts thread!

Banner by Satomine Night

I've a hypothetical question for you, Miss Blaustein. Suppose someone decided to make a live action Pokemon movie and they would like you to reprise your Meowth voice for the film. Would that be possible to do? If so, would you be interested in doing that?
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex
    1. For the Team Rocket blasting off scenes, do you and Rachel Lillis and Eric Stuart need to be brought in together in the studio at the same time for the dubbing? And for that matter - considering all the times Team Rocket yells or says something together - do you have to do those parts with Ms. Lillis and Mr. Stuart?

2. I understand you voice Solomon Moto, Yugi's grandpa. Well, when I watched the first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! Dawn of the Duel, and I got to see young Solomon traveling to the Valley of the Kings and to the Pharaoh's tomb, I was happy to finally see that episode. But Solomon's voice was changed. Well, I was quite disappointed. I know he was younger, but don't you think you could have done his voice? All you'd have to do is make it a little less shaky and a little more firm and deep, or something like that. I simply prefer characters to keep the same VA no matter what age in most situations, and this is one of them. Can you tell me anything about this?

BTW, sorry for such a long paragraph.
    1) We record them seperately

2)I wanted to do young Solomon. The Producer didn't like the idea for some reason, I'd have done him in a similar voice to the one I used for Bruno from Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticeye87
    Now I ask my second question, aside from yourself of course do you have another favorite talking cat with an attitude and what are your thoughts on a cartoon called Kyattou Ninden Teyandē better known to us as Samurai Pizza Cats?..and thanks for the bird compliment I feel better now!

1) Top Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of legend
    Hey Maddie,

I read on Wikipedia that 4kids actually dubbed the seizure inducing episode Electric Soldier Porygon, did you or anyone else at 4kids actually watch the episode, or at least the part where the flashing lights happened in the episode?

1) We did --I saw it --didn't have a siezure

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshida Amane
    I've always wanted to see the seizure-inducing episodes. That sounds weird, I know that...but they seem so much more interesting when they're banned.

Hi, Maddie!

I absolutely love your Meowth voice, and I did not know that you voice . I am an aspiring voice actress. What advice do you have for people such as myself who would like to do voice work for an anime?

One more question - have you formed close friendships with your fellow voice actors?

Thanks a bunch! ^^

1) Practice with a Tape recorder. A Lot!

Quote Originally Posted by SOS! Its Not Healthy..
    Thank you for answering my questions. Yeah sorry about the 2nd one, I wasn't sure your were going to answer or not. Yeah, that is difficult when you get roles like Surge. But you just amaze me. But wow, you used to sing. Do you record any songs that you sang? (Sorry if this been asked)

Do you think Meowth should be like a movie star and live the rich mailbu life? I wrote a fanfiction about Meowth being famous that he can talk. I'm still working on it. Because deserves more attention for able to speak and you make his voice so great!

1) Meowth may want to be a movie star and live a rich malibu life --but he's more likely to get a job sweeping floor4s in a pizza parlour in Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMrocket
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before...BUT I MUST KNOW! >,< I'm a huge Rocketshipper! Do you think that Jessie and James will get together one day?????
    I'm a Blue shipper.

Quote Originally Posted by C.A.A.T
    back when you were studying art in school, did you spend time drawing cartoons? And if so, did you ever encounter any teachers who were intent to believe that cartoons weren't a form of art?

I did huge abstract expressionist paintings along the lines of artists like DeKooning and Franz Kline.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoFC
    1)Is it hard syncing with the voice flap? (is that the correct word)

2) What was the first VA job you did? that hit the screens

3) How do you go around becoming a Voice Actor?

1) Not for me, I have a knack for it.

2) I did a lot of sound-alike work dubbing replacement dialogue for movies to get rid of cursing so it could air on television.

3)I made a demo tape and just kept sending it out to recording studios until I started to get some work.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruka_The_BlackCat
    I wish ask you something else, but now I´m so nervous and I don´t what I can ask you…. And I don´t want that all this I´m writing will be unuseful, so I want to give you this Meowth picture I´ve done for you, and I hope you really like it. -> http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33602921/
    It's beautiful thank you so much! You are quite talented. I've printed it out to hang on my fridge next to two other lovely pics from Stephanie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K
    Hi Maddie!

I wanted to ask a question that I have in mind (I don't know if it was asked but...):

What pokemon would you like Meowth to have if he was able to catch one?

Thanks! And I hope you get to voice Meowth in the future!

Togepi of course. Darn that Misty for taking away my widdle eggie weggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Biyomon
    Here's another question Maddie

between these two felines which would Meowth be more in love with, Meowzy or Skitty?

Skitty. Meowzy called Meowth a FREAK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Polursine
    Me again! Just a few dubbing-questions:

1) WHO does the English dubbing for Pokemon? Do the English directors sit around a big table, watching a muted episode, then figure out what they just said compared to the translation/syllabols (sp?)/random guesses?

2) Since you work alone from the other actors, have you ever discussed Pokemon in public, and have fans rush up for autographs?

1) Kathy Borland does most of that herself --she's an excellent writer and knows how to write perfectly for the right lip flap. She's also hysterically funny.
    I don't think Pokemon will be as well written in English without her.

2) Little kids have a knack for hearing my natural voice and knowing I play Meowth. Happens quite frequently when I'm around kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic
    1) Did you get to work with Dan Green a lot, and was he nice to work with?

2) Have you ever met an actor/actress who wasn't nice/fun to work with, who was maybe a bit stuck up or arrogant, abused their 'powers' or you just generally didn't like? (Can be anyone you've ever worked with.)

Again, thank you so much for answering my questions!

~Psychic

1) I have had the good fortune to be directed by Dan Green on many different projects. He's a joy to work with and quite a talented director.

2) Yes --but I won't name names

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Madien
    I've a hypothetical question for you, Miss Blaustein. Suppose someone decided to make a live action Pokemon movie and they would like you to reprise your Meowth voice for the film. Would that be possible to do? If so, would you be interested in doing that?

Only if Meowth is CGI like Gollum in Lord Of The Rings and I get to do what Andy Serkis (The actor who played Gollum) did.

I agree, I really mad when Togepi went with Misty just because it saw her first:\

I have two more questions, if that's okay.

1. I'm probably looking way too far into this, but in the episode Xatu the Future Meowth angrily said that he "spoke pokemon, not flag", but in That's Just Swellow, he was clearly using semaphore (or what was supposed to be semaphore). Was there any explanation, or was it just an oversight by the writers?

2. Have you ever been in a fight with one of the other voice actors?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ampris~
    I agree, I really mad when Togepi went with Misty just because it saw her first:\

I have two more questions, if that's okay.

1. I'm probably looking way too far into this, but in the episode Xatu the Future Meowth angrily said that he "spoke pokemon, not flag", but in That's Just Swellow, he was clearly using semaphore (or what was supposed to be semaphore). Was there any explanation, or was it just an oversight by the writers?

2. Have you ever been in a fight with one of the other voice actors?
    1) Maybe he felt stupid not knowing "flag" and learned it later --you know Meowth --he hates to feel stupid and he never gives up.

2) Never. I'm a lover not a fighter.

MacGyver Guest

I've got one question. Since you dubbed the seizure inducing episode, is it true the episode with Dratini was dubbed as well, and just not aired to due to gunplay?

CosmoFC Guest

1) Kathy Borland does most of that herself --she's an excellent writer and knows how to write perfectly for the right lip flap. She's also hysterically funny.
    I don't think Pokemon will be as well written in English without her.
    Will Kathy be writing the new episodes with the new VA or did Pusa get someone else?

1) Do you watch the episode a couple of times with no sound before you attempt to match the voice flap? or just go in the studio and keep trying untill you get it right?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoFC
    Will Kathy be writing the new episodes with the new VA or did Pusa get someone else?

1) Do you watch the episode a couple of times with no sound before you attempt to match the voice flap? or just go in the studio and keep trying untill you get it right?

No she won't. Part of my misgivings about the situation is that the entire cast and crew have been replaced. That includes the head writer.

1) Nope. I go in cold

Only if Meowth is CGI like Gollum in Lord Of The Rings and I get to do what Andy Serkis (The actor who played Gollum) did.
    I guess that's a good response, although I've never seen the Lord of the Rings, so I'm not sure what Serkis did. (imagines a CGI Meowth slapping a CGI Garfield for eating all the food)
    Last edited by Nathan Madien; 26th May 2006 at 8:16 PM.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

I don't think they will ever show it ---but we did dub it. And it didn't give any of US seizures

Was a title made for it?
    Proposed Omega Ruby Team

nice question, jolteonjak. I've got a couple other questions concerning the dub of the Porygon episode.

1) What was Professor Akihabara's English name?

2) Was Akihabara a character you voiced, by any chance?

3) I asked this earlier, but which voiced did 4kids use for Porygon? The original voice, or that voice we heard in a later "Who's That Pokemon?"... or maybe something else entirely?

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast