Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Reasoning for people to start playing the TCG again

i found my old base set/jungle/fossil/rocket/heros/challenge cards lol
    thought why not but then i saw how much base set boxes and boosters were online and im like fffffffffffffff~ box $300-$700 booster $10-$80

anyhoo i've ordered the hgss entei gift box and the b&w victini gift box and a fossil booster (got it for 4.99aud the fossil booster that is)

so yeah hopefully i'll get back to drive to continue collecting as i have a ton of sets to think about locating and buying LOL

also thinking of getting some hgss triumphant blister packs that are sold at bigW (australian store) which have 2 triumphant packs and a platinum pack and i think a promo not sure (their website is pricing them at about $7 so looks good)

my main problem with collecting the tcg was the demand became less and less so card shops closed down or moved to inaccessable areas, tornaments are practically non existant here and 99% of my friends no longer play (being 23 years old doesn't help)

as for the new online tcg version i've completed one tornament on the site and i must say the game hasn;t changed all that much save for the supporter cards and stadium

unfortunately my first try to get back in was frustrating as i stupidly bought fake cards at the local markets (you'd think having a diploma in graphic design i'd pick up on the 200+ hp's and 2098 world championship deck text & misspelling haha) oh well now that i have access to the internet and a credit/debit card getting the cards will be a heck of alot easier so <3

i think i rambled on a tad too much hehe
    ~Pokemon White Australian user~
    FC: Mitzeh -{ 0905-2334-0013 }-

Youtube channel
    PotionhorderAu <-- newbie at youtube-ing :P

I haven't played this for about 7 years now. It's been a long time. I have considered trying to get back into it but the tournaments are about half an hour away from my house.

Saw the B/W boosters at my local grocery store and decided to grab a few. Thinking about getting back into this, but just for the art. As much fun as league play is, I don't have the time/money for it anymore.

Which set would be recommended for collecting cool art?

Also, I forgot how much fun it was, the moments before opening a booster, wondering if you'll get something awesome or junk (totally helps that I don't know what's awesome or not for tournament play)

well black and white has full faced reshiram and full faced zekrom, the heart gold and soul silver has legend cards

Already have both versions of FA Zek and one Reshi (bought a little more than a few). I like the way the Legend cards look, might try a few of those next.

Also, how hard would it be to pick a Pokemon and collect each of it's different cards? Are there some that are impossible to ebay < 10$?

I got back into the TCG about a month ago, because I discovered a league right in my city, that meets every Friday night. ^_^
    I went to the EP prerelease last night, and it was an absolute blast. I got to finally meet other Pokemon fans- some from over three hours away, even. It's really awesome how you get to meet new people who have the same interests as you. ^_^

The online TCG peaked my interest and pulled me back in, now I've ordered 3 booster boxes that I can't wait for to arrive!

I played the online beta. Bought Blue Assault.
    Then a tin of booster packs.
    Then another deck.
    Then another tin...

Yeah I forgot how awesome pokemon cards are and now I'm obsessed once again. XD
    <YOU CAN HIDE BUT YOU CAN'T RUN>

Same with me, found my old pokémon theme decks and I saw there was an online tcg game, so I basically just started playing again, gonna start collecting these awesome guys.

i used to be a huge card fan, as i own thousands of cards, and as of about 2 days ago, i am back into the game, but my most recent cards are d & p majestic dawn i think
    the game just seemed 2 b gettin more strategy, whhich wuz always the reason tht yugioh wuz better at cards only

NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

I've been playing the tcg since it started. Why I started was because this is a game I want to play. It's that simple.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I started playing after I found out a group of people at my high school still play pokemon. I was like "Holy **** SWEEET" So i got my old cards out and have been playing for a few months now (since last may)
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/16jgwl.png[/IMG]

Pixels by me

Got back in my when my mom bought first ever hgss set boosters came out, primetimepokemon on utube got me back into it as well.
    I have clamied because he's cool
    Have p,hg,ss/b/w
    killed shiny lugia without saving
    black fc:4899 8366 8216
    primetimepokemon rocks

I've been meaning to get back into this. The only thing that's stopping me is money.

My love for Pokemon as a whole has been greatly rekindled lately. But that’s another story... Last weekend my mom got me a booster pack for helping with the yard work and I had mentioned wanting to get some new cards. I was happy since I got some new cards and went to look for my old cards. Found that box (which has a lot of cards and is sitting next to me right now) and remembered all the good times I had playing with my brother. And thus, now I’m back into it. In fact, today after school I’m going to Target to get some more. (I really hope I get a Litwick, Lampent, or Chandelure. But I’m usually happy with everything I get.)

I think I’ll use that League Locater now.
    fgjgj

I have alot of cards but I never had anyone to play with... That all changed with the introduction of Pokemon TCG online! Now you can register your deck and use it online! This is great for those who want to play the game but have no one to play with!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

My friend and I played the TCGO trainer challenge and beat all 4 leagues then played against each other in real life. Now we've assembled a group of about 12 people to have a tournament.
    If you're bothering to read this, you probably know me.

We need to find some way of "friending" on TCGO.....

I started playing late in 1999, ran a WotC league from June 2002-July 2004, have collected all the cards in both 1st ed and regular release (with most also in JAP) from Base1 though Neo2, and heartily enjoyed playing, but found myself 2 hours from the nearest league when I moved off to go to college.

Now my 7 year old has discovered Pokemon and is avid in the games (first GB Blue, now DS SoulSilver) and has benefited from my otherwise useless cards in learning the TCG. I picked up the three Unova Starter theme decks for TCGO and for Christmas she got 2 of the 2011 TCG Worlds decks.

Pity the local leagues are somewhat non-entities...every time I call the numbers listed by Nintendo the store people say they know nothing about it
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemom View Post
    We need to find some way of "friending" on TCGO.....
    I think that they're adding that into it, since it says "coming soon" next to the friendlist. It is still in beta, though.
    If you're bothering to read this, you probably know me.

Reason for people to start playing Pokemon TCG again: It's fun. A plain simple duh answer, but the reason I play it.

I recently got back into Pokemon, starting with the anime, then I started playing Pearl again and then I bought Black.

I then bought some booster packs and I'm really keen to start playing properly. The only person I've ever played is my little sister.

I've always liked the Trading Cards, but never really learned how to play with them, so stopped for awhile. Within the last year I finally learned how to play, and now play it too often

I never stopped, I just play and play and play, and sometimes I win and sometimes I biff, but for the most part I just go even.

I just bought Black and White Cards, as I always get cards of a Gen before buying the games (I bought EX Ruby and Sapphire, EX Emerald, EX Unseen Forces, Bought Sapphire(Game), Got Diamond and Pearl Piplup, got Games, Bought HG (EX Unseen Forces I count as this one 's pre-game TCG pack) and then I bought some HG cards and now BW cards).

P.S: I am thinking of having a Championship at my school, so that I can localize any Rare cards and add them to my collection (doesn 't this seem like Rare Hunters from Yu-Gi-Oh?)
    Last edited by Pokémon Trainer Xande; 27th January 2012 at 2:26 PM.

Eeveelover824 made this awesome banner

I am back to Pokémon/Serebiiforums. If you had any business with me before my long time outside Serebiiforums, let me know by a Private Message

nope, thats what we do at our league all the time.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast