Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasoning for people to start playing the TCG again

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher DSX View Post
    If you hate buying cards that you "can't use in the future", why not play in Unlimited Format tournaments as well as Modified Format tournaments?
    O trust me, I would love to if there were tournaments near me. The closest one is around a hour & a half away. I live in Florence, SC & the tournies r all Columbia, SC & Myrtle Beach, SC. No way am I goin to get over there with gas like it is. Maybe if it keeps goin down like it is here, I'll try it, but besides that, it ain't happening.

& I was woundering, can we use cards back from the beginning of the TCG for Unlimited formatż As in the base set from the Neo setsż
    The Trainer and Master of the

Darkness Dog Pokčmon

Quote Originally Posted by DEMONOFDEATH View Post
    O trust me, I would love to if there were tournaments near me. The closest one is around a hour & a half away. I live in Florence, SC & the tournies r all Columbia, SC & Myrtle Beach, SC. No way am I goin to get over there with gas like it is. Maybe if it keeps goin down like it is here, I'll try it, but besides that, it ain't happening.

& I was woundering, can we use cards back from the beginning of the TCG for Unlimited formatż As in the base set from the Neo setsż
    You live in SC? I live in Myrtle Beach but I don't know where any tournaments would be. If you ever hear of any around here let me know :]

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_Master View Post
    I suggest you start playing again, even if you have no one to play with at the moment. I started up again and I already have gotten 5 people back into Pokemon (not just the tcg but just in general). :]
    Oh, I have friends who are also still into Pokemon, but they've given up on card games. Besides, my money issues are deep ($250 owed for rest of tuition for coming semester of college, $300+ to fix my iBook, who knows how much for school books, etc.), so not much to spare for card games anymore.
    ~"Grandmother said this.....the whisper of the devil can sometimes sound like the voice of an angel"-Tendou Souji, Kamen Rider Kabuto

Attention! I am currently selling cards from various card games, including Pokemon (Base-Neo Genesis), Legend of the Five Rings, Vampire: The Eternal Struggle, Naruto, and Fullmetal Alchemist. PM me if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by DEMONOFDEATH View Post
    Yeah, all sets from the Base Set can be used, right up to today's sets.

The pokemon tcg shall live on forever pokemon 4 life
    Last edited by theblackpearl719; 1st September 2006 at 2:39 AM.

The Rayquaza and Syther pokemon cards are the best ever they are the greatest pokemon of all time and always will be but Gyradros is still awesome as well.
    Last edited by theblackpearl719; 1st September 2006 at 2:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackpearl719 View Post
    The Rayquaza and Syther pokemon cards are the best ever they are the greatest pokemon of all time and always will be but Gyradros is still awesome as well.
    No they aren't.

Not even close.

There is no 'greatest card ever'. Any card can beat any card.

Well the pokemon Scyther and Rayquaza in general are the greatest pokemon ever but Gyradros still rocks too at least in my opinion there the best
    I am the Scyther King No can compare to his almighty power he is undefeated!!!

Yeah, sure. When all three have a huge weakness to rock.

Now, get back on topic.

Fine well the TCG is awesome and people should play it because its pure fun and it makes you want to get more and more until the Pokemon Indusrtry runs out of ideas for pokemon which will probaly be never.

Fine well the TCG is awesome and people should play it because its pure fun and it makes you want to get more and more until the Pokemon Indusrtry runs out of ideas for pokemon which will probaly be never.

Somethings wrong with my computer sorry

To play relive the moments with friends. Me and about 5 other friends all bought starters just to play eachother.
    Pearl Friend Code: 4983 8294 7142

Believe it or not, I don't know the rules of playing >_> I mean, I know what the numbers are and stuff; I just never sat down to read an instruction manual, or examined the positions of the decks etc, or even touched damage counters. The only battles I ever had just included taking turns of distributing attacks. We disregarded weaknesses and never used energy cards=_= Still, that was fun :P
    But mainly now I keep my cards because I like just looking at them and reading them. Yep, other than that they are absolutely useless. I value them because of their artworks, and how rare they may or may not be, and the stories behind each and every card^_^

Hey the rest of you guys here, do any of you keep/collect Pokemon cards not necessarily to battle them with? Have any of you collected them, played with them, then kept them for sentimental value, and nothing else?
    [CENTER] They changed the rules and deleted my sig. No more signature

the pokemon tcg is friggin awsome i dont think it ever died and just alot of people wont admit it but evryone has a place in therer heart for pokemon and its evergrowing tcg, i went to a local tourniment and i did pretty well and if you look there will be tournys evrywere. the only poblem with this tcg is people think its childish when its not wait a second... why the hell did they introduce a ban list, i finaly got hold of 4 dark tyrannitars and theve just been banned, set by set grrr thts stupid if ya ask me they should just ban broken cards like dusclops ex and blstoise ex lukaly at the tourniment i play at it lets you use 4 non ex pack cards and the rest all ex pack cards :P

it beats most tcgs hands down i nearly quit yu gi oh to play pokemon more competeivley and increase my card pool but ygo is just too poular and ive been playin it for 4 -5 years now ygo is the best tcg and probibly the most poular (torniment last week had 127 people show at shefffi ) i think pokemon is better than magic the gathering as it covers most age ranges :P plus the d/p cards luk great wit the energyless attacks thing going on
    3DS FC: 1032 1220 0348 Fighting type safari

BlackList: The following members have ripped me off in trades and I suggest you do not trade with them.
    Member: Rainy BlueFoxie - FC 1848 2512 2833 - In Game Name: Rainy

I kinda slipped away about a year ago during the johto leagues and just fell off now im gonna start over with a jirachi EX and a lugia EX deck,!

GET BACK IN THE GAME GUYS!!

I really want to get back into it but I dont want to look like a freak buying pokemon cards at target. I mean I know its not really childish but other people think it is I mean my dad basically makes fun of me for playing the games.

Also what are "broken cards". I also dont like the banning of cards I mean whats wrong with ol cards. SInce they ban cards would it still be ok to start playing now and not worring about banned cards for a while.

They banned old cards because some cards were way too overpowered. Proferssor Oak, Erika, Base Blastoise, SNeasel NG, Slowking are just examples.

Theres no league within 250 miles from me
    I want to use my cards in action!

Willing to sell me these cards?
    DIAMOND CODE:
    ZIERANT
    3952 3802 8729

I have never met a single person in real life who plays the card game!!! So frustrating.

I searched the shopping mall for cards this morning. All they had was the World Championship Decks. So I bought the Eevee Evolutions and B-L-S ones. I love them so far. But I want to play someone real.

Rather than myself.

I've sent an e-mail to the London League guy and joined pokégym, but a year of searching has got me nowhere. I once got my brother to play, but he hates the decks I build, and his are amazingly weak. (12 basic, 4 evolution, 30 energy, 14 crappy trainers for example.) He couldn't even use a deck that was a mix of certain ex cards built around Jungle Wigglytuff's do the Wave. not even with Poké Fan Club and Lanette's Net Search to help! He insisted on using Chansey's Double Edge, then 4 potions (which he added) then Double Edge again. Useless boy.

If I do go to a tournament I'll be awful because of no experience, but I'd love it. So please,please, rather than giving me links like I've previously had, does anyone at all know of any tournaments DEFINATELY happening in London soon?
    Sometimes I like to make sure that you have a lump first...

I've always been into the Tcg since i was litle i was in the league i got up to my 6th badge then stopped and rejoined a couple of years later i still play with my friends and i haven't stopped so i never really stopped playing the TCG.

Me and my boyfriend saw tins of Pokémon cards in GAME, and decided we wanted to get back into the TCG just for something to do.

We've spent a lot on it already though; this shipment of ten packets that I'm expecting is the last lot in a while, that's for sure.
    Going Solo, my new Pokéshipping fiction. Chapter 1 now up

Author at FanFiction.net

Proud member of the Pokéshipping Author's Club

Hi, I live in Minnesota and have been playing Magic the Gathering TCG pretty hardcore for like 10 yrs...I'm getting back into pokemon and I want to start playing in tournaments...Problem is I have NO idea where to start...I'm not super fammiliar with all the cards and I want to pick up some but the problem is I don't want to just start spending a bunch of $$$ on random boosters n junk...anyone have any suggestions?...theres a "battle road" tourney coming up next month and I want to play in it by then...any tips?...thanks guys...

Ohh yea and I think a reason that would make me start wanting to play even more is if there was a sanctioned/competative "eternal" format where the use of cards from all sets are permitted but monitored highly and have "restricted" and "banned" cards so you could still use your old school cards but the really good/broken ones would be restricted (only can use one in a deck)...anywho...thats just my fantasy...I'll keep dreamin' I guess

also...do they still have sweet metal "pokemon badges" you can win from tournaments n junk?..cause that would totally make me want to play more...hahah
    Last edited by lukatron; 9th May 2007 at 7:28 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast