Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reasoning for people to start playing the TCG again

It is a shame that using the League Locator is exclusive to the USA and Canada, I would like to find a local-ish league in the UK since i'm JUST getting back into the trading card game. If anyone can help me regarding UK leagues, drop me a PM, I will be nothing but happy to recieve it.
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

Reasons:
    It's the only TCG I can play well hungover. Honestly, it is soo easy. There's not even any thought required to play it. You simply use the good trainer cards that let you draw half your deck every turn, put out a humongous pokemon and let 'er rip.

Reasons:
    It's the only TCG I can play well hungover. Honestly, it is soo easy. There's not even any thought required to play it. You simply use the good trainer cards that let you draw half your deck every turn, put out a humongous pokemon and let 'er rip.

Im probably getting a few packs soon, I have alot of rare cards already because I was a huge collecter back then
    Its not me, its you. //Lets play a love gamee!

Well, I haven't played in five years since my Toys R Us stopped holding official Leagues back in the WotC days. Now I want to get back into it, and used the League Locator, but there aren't any within 250 miles of me.

I live in Flagler Beach, Florida, so if anyone knows of a group I could meet up with that isn't too far away, send me a PM. Daytona or Ormond Beach would be preferred. Can't make it to Orlando.

I recently started playing again, me and my friend bought a starter each and it was so fun playing.

We buy boosters all the time and have managed to find a league near me =] Going on saturday.

I think it's an awesome fun game that is way worth the money =]
    Brado.

the anime and the games
    i colected the old ones but just started angan like 2 monthes ago
    P.S im The Friend the brado was talking bout = D

I started back up because my friend is like high ranked here in TN, and we have an official Pokemon league holder here in Memphis, which is about a 15 minute drive, so it's fun but I have yet to get all the cards for my perfect normal deck based around Garchomp

Breeding is my game.
    Gym Leader of the Dimensional League - 2nd

I started back up because my friend is like high ranked here in TN, and we have an official Pokemon league holder here in Memphis, which is about a 15 minute drive, so it's fun but I have yet to get all the cards for my perfect normal deck based around Garchomp

Breeding is my game.

Yeah my friend got me into it he's high ranked, and over here we have an official Pokemon league holder that's only 15 minutes away, so it's cool

Breeding is my game.

Yeah my friend got me into it he's high ranked, and over here we have an official Pokemon league holder that's only 15 minutes away, so it's cool

Breeding is my game.

I was thinking of starting to play again, but I want to know what decks are good at the moment. Would a deck revolved around Banette EX or Dragonite EX work? Sorry, if posting oin this thread counts as spam, but I didn't want to make a whole thread about it.

I absolutely love the Pokemon TCG, but in my heart ever since Nintendo took over the rights of wizard to design and produce cards. I feel that cards are very OP and have little value once the next set is built and released.

I had gained interest again a while back.... and got together a team to start building a Pokemon TCG playing program... like Apprentice, but slightly better ( ;P ) .. and have been working on that. Progress is rough, though. But the love for the TCG is going to make it keep going.

That's what I've started playing again.

I had gained interest again a while back.... and got together a team to start building a Pokemon TCG playing program... like Apprentice, but slightly better ( ;P ) .. and have been working on that. Progress is rough, though. But the love for the TCG is going to make it keep going.

That's what I've started playing again.

I havent played since Neo Destiny first came out. I think its because my mom just stopped taking me to the leagues and I couldnt find anyone who played the game. I ran into someone at an anime convention this weekend who told me he still played the game and theres a league about 30 minutes away. Im gonna go to it this Friday. If I like it, I think Ill start playing again. What sucked is when I first played the game, I was young and had no way of getting money so I had to hope that my family would buy me cards which rarely happened. But now that I have a job, I can access cards easier. I bought myself a Majestic Dawn deck yesterday. I wish they would re-release Jhoto Pokemon since I dont think the old cards are legal in gameplay anymore

Unhappy Problem in Getting back in Pokemon TCG

I am trying to get back in Pokemon TCG but I am having problems-all the cards in the shops here are fake cards imported from China.At first I thought they wer misprins but now I know,even though they don't look it,they are fake.That is why I have very few REAL DP cards-like Lugia[DP SW] and 2-3 others.

i have problems too: i live in a very remote area (vermont) and the closest league is in another state and more than an hour and a half away. all my friends play Pokemon but none want to play in a league. i am working on a deck and asking people online if they live near me to see if they want to make a league cause i think i can convince my friends to play once the league is up, running and close

well, i started playing in the base set, then ended probobably at fire red and leaf green, gave away all my cards (thousands, which i now completely regret). I started up again just a couple months ago and have joined a league and it rules!!!
    Well, I got banned three times for having a signature that was to big of a file, so I just decided to not have a signature. Whatcha' gonna' do now Serebii!!??
    Complete Destruction by Shadow Force... but this is not a favorable matchup...

Iv'e been playing all my life pokemon rules
    Well, I got banned three times for having a signature that was to big of a file, so I just decided to not have a signature. Whatcha' gonna' do now Serebii!!??
    Complete Destruction by Shadow Force... but this is not a favorable matchup...

Default league locator help

I have been playing pretty much since I was 5/ since it came out. I am new to tournament play and just recently joined a league for the first time^.^ . Just as a note to those trying to find a league on the POP league locator and have said things like " there is no league around at least 250 miles!!!!!!", I have found that it is better just to enter in your country and state. I live in washington, and go to a league in mukilteo, about 15 miles away, yet when I type in my city, zip-code, and distance away in miles, it comes up with nothing. I just thought I'd share this for those peoples who r trying to find a league and failing
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

I think the reason why people start playing the TCG is becuase the TCG itself is fun and challenging, but also simple for young kids to enjoy. The cards themselves also look cool and some people probably want to collect them. And alot of people like to participate in the tournamants. Those are one of the main reasons why I got into the TCG.

i wanna play in tournaments BUt i live in Holland so i cant really go to USA to play so all i can d is hope lots of kids play it and orginize a tournament foor my town
    .\Pokemon SoulSilver/.
    current SS team:

.\Pokemon White/.
    Current White team: cant be bothered to find sprites lol.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/6fmgja.jpg[/IMG]

hi,i used to play the card game all the time,but toys r us stoped doing thier tornament so i kinda fell out of the game.but now the local library is starting up thier own weekly tornament so im trying to get back in to the game,but its been about 6 years since the last time i even played a match,let alone bought a pack.so i was woundering if you could give me some tips on deck building in the modern metagame or tell me where in the forum i could get some help.
    And another thing...

I started to play again because i thought the new cards were intresting.

XClaimsX

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast