Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reasoning for people to start playing the TCG again

Just to have fun..If i stop playing it can only last for a month before I'm back at playing again
    Eevo Light
    Vapor Acid /\ Flare Burst /\ Jolt Shock
    ESP Power /\ Umbra Ray /\ Leaf Hurricane /\Glace Beam
    Sylva Dust

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Eeveelution View Post
    Just to have fun..If i stop playing it can only last for a month before I'm back at playing again
    yer i was talking to my friend and he said he wont play yugioh anymore. next day he bought some more boosters and changed his display pic!
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

...once addicted to this game it's hard to stop playing for a long time
    Eevo Light
    Vapor Acid /\ Flare Burst /\ Jolt Shock
    ESP Power /\ Umbra Ray /\ Leaf Hurricane /\Glace Beam
    Sylva Dust

does anybody know if there is a league in chicago?

There arent any leagues in Victoria,Australia
    >.<

there are leagues here in the uk but no where near me that is local
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

Quote Originally Posted by Poke_Mania97 View Post
    there are leagues here in the uk but no where near me that is local
    I have the same problem, Just found back my old Deck, and am itching to play again, but the closest league is 20 minutes by train. (I'm in Holland btw)
    Looking for generous people who could supply me with
    and Eevee, Cyndaquil and/or Pichu, so I can make my Dream Team

hi. im just getting back in the pokemon cards again after many years lol, i just want to know what is the best cards going on right now?

Default I couldn't come up with a title. Sorry. >_>

Actually, my younger brother got me back into the TCG (He got me the FlameMaster Theme Deck for Christmas). Anyway, the TCG metagame is a bit more strategic than I rememebered (as opposed to "evolve to Charizard ASAP FTW") and more fast paced. Weaknesses, resistances, and special conditions have gone through some changes, too. Basically, the game is different from what it used to be (though the theme decks are as useless as ever).

It's also easy for me to find other people to play it with. People gather at local card shop (15 minute drive) every Sunday to trade and battle. So, I've got a place to play it and people to play it with.

Honestly, in my case because of nostalgia. I missed the feeling of opening a new booster pack and adding it's cards to my deck. I also missed playing the game, it's fun.

The game is actually great but I think the new cards are great and because of it I have started to play the game again. the OCG is fine just like the TCG.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

a reason to continue playing? Because the cards become better with each set! I watched a video about the Japanese HeartGold / SoulSiver cards, and I was amazed! Even the energies look amazing! Check out my site for a link to the video!

Okay, now that I've finished promoting myself, I'd like to say that playing pokemon (for me, personally) has only led me to meet other people with similar interests, whom I would've never met otherwise.

So, to sum things up, one reason to continue playing: You meet cool people!

Quote Originally Posted by davester21 View Post
    hi. im just getting back in the pokemon cards again after many years lol, i just want to know what is the best cards going on right now?
    Right now, Arceus cards are pretty hot. HeartGold / SoulSilver cards are coming out though.
    visit Pokemon Card Collector because it's awesome.

I started collecting and trading around 11-12 years ago depending on what date pokemon cards started becoming avalible in the UK then i gave it up after i had other things to buy (films/games etc.) only recently have i been trying to start collecting all the cards that are missing from my "collection"

the Leagues are still very fun and full of people, too
    [IMG]http://i30.*******.com/2py7pfd.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/o5yu0p.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2w4bnyo.gif[/IMG]

because my gf bought a hgss booster pack and pulled a lugia legend. and so i got some and i pulled the other half of lugia legend and a ho-oh legend. since then ive been hooked. nothing compares to the feeling of opening a fresh new pack and anticipating what cards ull get.

Used the tournament and league finder and there's nothing in my area. Sad face.

I miss those days of playing the TCG. Was pretty good, but unfortunately the league I was in shut down, and I moved on to other things. *Like being a tournament Street Fighter player, lol* Good times...like the post above me, nothing compares to ripping open that booster pack and finding out what you'll get. I use to buy them 4 and 5 at a time. *sigh* Those days are long gone for me.

I personally just started to get back into the TCG with a friend. We're both 21+, so we sit around and indulge in a few brews and battle it out. It's epic epic fun. I'd be interested in getting into a league again, but since I'm/we're playing with a mix of Base/Jungle/Fossil/TR cards I don't know if that's possible.

Im gonna start playing cuz a Card shop right by my school has tourneys on fridays Lol. people who go on thursdays (yugioh) are suckers though. Im gonna sell my old yugioh cards (cept for my actual decks) to fuel my soon to be Pokemon Tcg addiction Lol yugioh cards that aren't even legal for tornament use still sell for as much as they did when you could use them. (2 Pots of greed for 30$ FTW) just those 2 cards will buy me 2 decks and a handful of boosters. (or one lugia legend for 15$, but thats a rip off i think)
    Am I supposed to say something here?

I tend to get into the card game every summer, then it dies down as I get school work and such to do, then the next summer it usually perks up again XD I have 1 friend that I usually play with, though I have 2 others that I can get to play sometimes too, as well as my younger cousins who are just in the begining of their pokemon awesomeness youth thing. Ah the good days. But yeah, so I can play usually whenever I want XD Also, I think after I'm able to drive myself around (in a few months X3) I might try out the League again. There's one that I've known about ~10 miles away from my house (so says the locater) but it's a hassle trying to get my parents to get me there, especially on Saturdays =/ so yeah XD plus, now that the cards have looped back around to Gold/Silver, I think that there might be more cards that I'd want XD I could probably pull off a pretty mean electric fire deck with Ampharos and Typhlosion XD
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

There's a place called Technology Plaza, where I went some weekends to play blazblue against some good guys. I went one Sunday, and discovered that Sundays are "Poke sundays" and everyone was playing with their DSs and card and there was even PBR tourney, so I fell in love with Pokemon TCG. The thing is, I live in Mexico in the middle of nothing, and I thought no one liked pokemon but me. Oh, I was so wrong. I bought lots of cards, around 150, and found the cards I had when I was in 5th grade (Wich can't be used now xP), and yeah. Last week I re-learned how to play, and made a deck that sucks, but god I have so much fun.
    Been lurking Serebii forums for 3 years now, and I just noticed I have under 10 posts. ._____.
    Gotta fix that-

Fc: 0559 9560 3128

I just felt I had to come back in...
    Now I'm making a Silly kinda deck :P
    I once had a deck that focused on getting all your energy to your hand then beating them down with flygon.
    I'LL RIDE THE AIR!
    ..Even If I'm a shark.

Well I just started last Friday, again. The TCG was the first pokemon thing I was into. It is a lot of fun because my cousin and my two sisters play the game as well, and we have our own little tournament every Saturday.
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

Another good reason to start playing the TCG again is because the online version beta is up on pokemon dot com now! It's really easy to learn (I remember thinking of it as really hard to learn when I was little), the rules are taught as you play and you can disable the rule/ move options if you already know the rules. It's in its beta stage right now, and whenever I play the fourth opponent, the game freezes on me. Other than the fourth opponent freezing, everything is excellent and I really suggest playing it! Have an awesome day!
    Howdy y'all! I love to breed!
    Just ask and I will breed something for you! PM me if interested!
    Have an awesome day!
    My White Friend Code is: 2709-0968-4086
        Spoiler:- MLP:FIM!:

A long time friend sparked my interest to play again because he's having a tournament this summer. I haven't played or gotten any additional cards since the original sets were out.

I've bought one Platinum Arceus Booster, one Call of Legends booster, one Heart Gold/Soul Silver booster, and the Black & White Blue Assault deck.
    My Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/MKVR32

Check out my music blog as well: http://metaladvisor.blogspot.com/

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Applejack View Post
    Another good reason to start playing the TCG again is because the online version beta is up on pokemon dot com now! It's really easy to learn (I remember thinking of it as really hard to learn when I was little), the rules are taught as you play and you can disable the rule/ move options if you already know the rules. It's in its beta stage right now, and whenever I play the fourth opponent, the game freezes on me. Other than the fourth opponent freezing, everything is excellent and I really suggest playing it! Have an awesome day!
    I have also started playing http://www.pokemontcg.com/ and I agree with you its great. i can't wait until beta goes away and the full experience is out as I would love to play head to head against others. I haven't played Pokemon TCG for four years! So I am back in my comfort zone again! Woo Hoo!
    some bugs really can be beautiful

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast