Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Going For Choke! (451)

Harley is so desperae to beat May he hands his pokemon to Jessie... who has never won a ribbon

Seems like a prediction I made in the last episode might come true.
    It looks like Harley may plan something to sabotage May in the Grand Festival.

I would of thought that when it came to a sudden death overtime in a contest it would be the first effective direct hit against the other that would break the tie.

It's funny how AshnCo. realize that Jessibella is Jessie in this episode, but they still haven't figured out that she's Jessibelle in Diamond & Pearl yet. Maybe they will towards the end of DP.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

This episode was cool. Squirtle vs Bannette was a very cool battle. Jessie definitely did terrible trying to command Bannette and that cost her against Squirtle. Boy was Harley furious when Jessie lost to May. It was cool to see a tie and Sudden Death for the 1st time in a contest. It was cool to see Frustration attack used for the 1st time. I'm glad May won the Contest Ribbon.

79/100

Squirtle is cute...and strong too! Bannete was kinda cool too =D
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

An enjoyable battle. For some reason, I can't take Squirtle seriously as a battler, at least until May returns in Sinnoh, but suspending that disbelief it was a pretty good episode. Team Rocket and Harley weren't annoying and May and Jessie had a chance to shine in the final battle.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    An enjoyable battle. For some reason, I can't take Squirtle seriously as a battler, at least until May returns in Sinnoh, but suspending that disbelief it was a pretty good episode. Team Rocket and Harley weren't annoying and May and Jessie had a chance to shine in the final battle.
    I think the problem is they made it so tiny.

Anyway I think this was a well done battle, certainly better than Squirtle learning icebeam out of nowhere in its first contest fight.

Actually, that might be the reason. Its small size even compared to other small Pokemon doesn't give it the appearance of a battler. It looks like it should be in a Togepi role or something.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This episode was pretty good, I liked the Contest battle between Jessiebella(Jessie) and May. Harley looked really furios when Jessie lost and his plan failed.
    The only thing I disliked about this episode was Drew's appearance .... Ash and the others should've gotten out of that box themselves.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 2nd August 2013 at 8:15 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Something I noticed, unless I was just seeing things that weren't there, was that there should have been one more round between the third last round and the final round. It went straight in to the final round.

Oh well, it doesn't matter that much anyway at this point, the episode is over now. No harm done.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567