Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going For Choke! (451)

Default Going For Choke! (451)

Going For Choke

After just getting through the preliminaries, May gets ready for the finals of her 5th Pokémon Contest. However her rival Harley, still trying to stop May from getting through lends his Cacturne & Banette to Jessie who also got through the preliminaries. However, May & Jessie wind up having to battle eachother in order to get the ribbon. Will May win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

So, did May win this contest, or was it a loss?

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

She won (of course), Squirtle beats Banette and May gets the ribbon. She now has all five and can enter the Grand Festival next month.

oh my! have you seen it?? *-*... what happened to Ash and co.?? Did Drew saved them?? o.o??

Squirtle beat Banette? Pssh, chalk up yet another 'Mary-Sue' moment for May.

I was looking forward to this episode until I found that out........

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    ...and it wasn't totally obvious from the get-go?!

And jesus. You should at least see how the battle played out before bringing up the whole 'Mary-Sue' garb. For all we know, this could have been a postive turning point for Squirtle, in terms of how it battles.

Squirtle beat Banette? Pssh, chalk up yet another 'Mary-Sue' moment for May.
    Let's wait till we see the battle first. At least this time Squirtle already knows Ice Beam, so it didn't pull an attack out of nowhere!

I take it you didn't watch the preview then? It showed Squirtle and Banette battling each other right in the preview clip.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Let's wait till we see the battle first. At least this time Squirtle already knows Ice Beam, so it didn't pull an attack out of nowhere!

I take it you didn't watch the preview then? It showed Squirtle and Banette battling each other right in the preview clip.
    It was Squirtle actually beating Banette which disappointed me. May needs a dose of humility rather badly, that would make me like her a lot more. It's long overdue for someone in this series to not make it to the League or Festival and decide it isn't the end of the world.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

It would also be the biggest cop out to build up to a tournament and then not deliver. If May didn't get to enter the Grand Festival, I'd wonder why the writers wasted time making Contest episodes with no payoff at the end.

Is Squirtle winning suprising at all? I mean, I went in to this with "Squirtle will win". It might not be cheap, Squirtle may barely win, or Squirtle could use Hydro Pump. You should wait till you see it.

So, my question is, whose Skarmory was it?

Eh. I guess I've been bittered by May's numerous other 00ber-fied wins.

And what would stop her from attending the Grand Festival anyway and rooting for Drew? It would be a nice change to see normally supporting characters get to star for once.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

And what would stop her from attending the Grand Festival anyway and rooting for Drew? It would be a nice change to see normally supporting characters get to star for once.
    The fact that she's not competing would still make it a cop out. I'm not going into the Kanto GF for the sake of seeing the spotlight on Drew, I want to watch the Kanto GF with the focus on May, you know, the character we actually watched working toward this goal all season.

Just like how watching Morrison battle in the Hoenn league was fun, but if they didn't focus on Ash, I would have been pissed.

It was Squirtle actually beating Banette which disappointed me. May needs a dose of humility rather badly, that would make me like her a lot more. It's long overdue for someone in this series to not make it to the League or Festival and decide it isn't the end of the world.
    Don't forget about Munchlax versus Octillery. ^_~ Harley beating her humiliated her. Still, I agree.
    My bishie is Grimmjow Jeagerjaques from Bleach.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

"Zenigame! Use Iron Tail! WHOAMG, it worked!"

Ewwww......

It would also be the biggest cop out to build up to a tournament and then not deliver. If May didn't get to enter the Grand Festival, I'd wonder why the writers wasted time making Contest episodes with no payoff at the end.
    Well, it would make the anime more realistic, but I guess that's not really all that fun.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Squirtle winning = no-brainer.

Weird how little information is out for this ep. :/ People seemed more interested in last week's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    Weird how little information is out for this ep. :/ People seemed more interested in last week's.
    Trust no one; learn Japanese and become independent.

The only event of importance is the revelation of the Grand Festival's location - Indigo Plateau.
    - Overestimating the thought capacity of the average Pokémon enthusiast since 2005 -

Trust no one; learn Japanese and become independent.
    *g* I've filed 'learn Japanese' on my life-list just under 'learn quantum physics'.

The only event of importance is the revelation of the Grand Festival's location - Indigo Plateau.
    Ooooh, The Big Al's not going to like that.

Seriously, though, that is interesting news. Does that mean the GF will be held in the stadium itself? If so, that might decrease the odds that Ash will redo the Indigo League. Then again, perhaps the IL is going to run immediately after the GF. Hmm.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

That's pretty cool actually. Ash re-entering the Indigo league just got a hell of a lot more likely.

That's pretty cool actually. Ash re-entering the Indigo league just got a hell of a lot more likely.
    I'm sure that there'll be some big challenge awaiting Ash at the end of his Battle Frontier journey, but I really don't see it being the Indigo League... surely there would've been mention of it by now.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

So far there's still no mention of Ash doing anything after the Battle Pyramid, so it can go either way. It's not as if we know where he's headed after he gets the 7th symbol. (aside from traveling to the Indigo Plateau for May's Grand Festival)

I can honestly see the Battle Frontier ending with a whimper for Ash with a pathetic Legendary-fest versus Brandon and nothing more while May gets a second Grand Festival. I'm getting rather sick of all the over-glorification of May lately.....the even bill from Hoenn worked fine.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

What attacks does Bannette use here?

Season One Complete!

I can honestly see the Battle Frontier ending with a whimper for Ash with a pathetic Legendary-fest versus Brandon and nothing more while May gets a second Grand Festival. I'm getting rather sick of all the over-glorification of May lately.....the even bill from Hoenn worked fine.
    Ash gets to battle an Elite 4 member, 7 Brains, and at least two legendaries in the BF saga. May just competed in 6 more Contests and a Grand Festival.

If anything, the BF saga is all Ash glorification. Not that there's anything wrong with that, because it shows how strong Ash is now. May hasn't been able to beat a legendary yet, and she probably never will, so I don't see how she's being glorified just because she can get 5 ribbons.

Ash gets to battle an Elite 4 member, 7 Brains, and at least two legendaries in the BF saga. May just competed in 6 more Contests and a Grand Festival.
    How many Pokémon has Ash caught this saga. None. May meanwhile gets a Squirtle that is made 00ber (did it really use Iron Tail? >_<) an Eevee made equally more 00ber (Brock won that match. I'll keep saying it until I keel over dead.) Ash also hasn't been given very many plots outside "Battle the brain, win a symbol" while May has:

-traveled through time
    -actually had decent rivals in the form of Harley and Drew
    -chased that Arcanine

Not to mention her habit of demanding to stop at food stands without a care to what anyone else thinks.

And she's going to be the star of "Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea Manafi?" Yuck.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

May's legitimate wins (which is, like, ALL OF THEM), yet, no one complains about Ash's illegitimate wins? (which is like, ALL OF THEM!)
    Dusclops vs. Skitty. Houndoom vs. Skitty. Jynx vs. Skitty. Marshtomp vs. Eevee. All four completely illogical wins for her, especially the Dusclops and Marshtomp ones. Even CyberCubed has said the Dusclops one was crap.

Squirtle beating a Bannete being used by TEAM ROCKET
    Squirtle is a baby, as you'd know if you saw May get it, while Banette has been being trained obsessively by Harley for who knows how long. Not to mention at its most basic, Banette is simply stronger than Squirtle.

Squirtle using Ice Beam is so horribly wrong, yet Charizard taking an Ice Beam to the back, and having no effect is fine?
    Charizard = heat. Heat + ice = melt.

Eevee that has been training beating a pathetic excuse of a former Gym Leader's Swampert that got like, NO battle experience throughout the entire series
    Brock outplayed May to an unbelieveable degree. Eevee didn't land a single hit on it for a majority of the battle.

Bulbasaur and Beautifly PWNING a Bannete and Cacturne owned by a trainer that OBVIOUSLY SUCKS AND HAS TO CHEAT TO WIN
    Harley cheats because he's a villain. Haven't you heard that he beat May legitimately?

THAT ****ING THUNDER ARMOR THING GETS NO COMPLAINTS?!
    Where did you get that from? Many people complained about it.

they really should give May her own spin-off, and get a better cast of writers for it, she is too good for this show, and the hypocritical idiots that watch it.....
    I don't think I'm the idiot here.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast