Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Going For Choke! (451)

Gawd, the only reason I hate May-centric episodes is because of stuff like this.

Anyway, anyone see any pictures yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    How many Pokémon has Ash caught this saga. None. May meanwhile gets a Squirtle that is made 00ber (did it really use Iron Tail? >_<) an Eevee made equally more 00ber (Brock won that match. I'll keep saying it until I keel over dead.)
    Ah but, Ash has had 2 evolutions to cancel that out, and you have to remember it's only natural for May to be catching pokemon in this saga as this is her first time in Kanto, and i'm gonna go get my earmuffs ready in case the writers decided to po all the Banette fans out there.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 6th May 2006 at 2:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    Ah but, Ash has had 2 evolutions to cancel that out, and you have to remember it's only natural for May to be catching pokemon in this saga as this is her first time in Kanto, and i'm gonna go get my earmuffs ready in case the writers decided to po all the Banette fans out there.
    It doesn't matter. Every main character (except Max, obviously) has caught at least one new Pokémon this saga except Ash and Jessie. Brock caught Bonsly, May Eevee and Squirtle, James Manene (albeit he lost Chimecho in its place)

And just because it's Kanto means nothing. New Pokémon have appeared there in this saga, it's not all stuff Ash has already caught.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Does Ash really need a new Pokemon? He's using his best team ever as well as his strongest Pokemon on Oaks, what does he need a new capture at the moment for?

As for Jessie, I guess that's because she already has 3 Pokemon, (Seviper, Dustox, Wobbufett) and that's about the limit for TR Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Does Ash really need a new Pokemon? He's using his best team ever as well as his strongest Pokemon on Oaks, what does he need a new capture at the moment for?

As for Jessie, I guess that's because she already has 3 Pokemon, (Seviper, Dustox, Wobbufett) and that's about the limit for TR Pokemon.
    They could have given him a D/P Pokémon---he's the only one without one now out of the big three.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Come on people, take discussion of Ash's battles or Pokemon to another thread. XDDD Sorry for butting in on an interesting discussion, but I had to step in otherwise someone else would have.

So, uh.

That May eh? Battling against Jessie. Yup.

Anyone...uh...actually seen pics of this episode?

I wanna know what happened to Harley's and Jessie's alliance.

Hold on... the GF is gonna be at Indigo? X 1,000.

Remember what Harrison said at the end of the Silver Conference? Its all possible he will make an appearance, obviosly not as a coordinator but as a Kanto League battler, you know, Ash bumping into him.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

What exactly did Harrison say?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    What exactly did Harrison say?
    That he was going to compete in Kanto after Johto ended. Of course Harrison was in Kanto while Ash was in Hoenn, so Harrison may have been done here and is somewhere else now.

You know who would be cool to appear if Ash did enter...Casey. I mean, they made here seem like a big rival, and then she didn't appear in the Johto League.

Or Ritchie, he needs to meet up with Ash again. And have a Sceptile. And have the two Sceptile's fight it out.

All right, this ep was a bit late in coming, and many sites probably won't have pics up until late tonight or tomorrow, so here are some quick notes I'm jotting down as I watch:

- While I'm waiting for this thing, I'm currently listening to the ballad version of Battle Frontier. It's a really nice song, especially in its full version. If you ask me, it would have been a better ending theme than Haruka's Theme.

- Damn, Drew's Roselia is almost as tall as he is, now. He's the only one who has any clue as to the arena's suspicions, it seems.

- Jessie takes the stage with Banette as James and Meowth lead Ash and co into a red room, which is really a trap.

- Banette zaps a Noctowl. When did we last wee one of those? I mean a normal, non-shiny one?

- Drew's Flygon saves Ash and co with Sandstorm.

- And Squirtle destroys some random trainer's Skarmory. Can't wait to see the reactions to this one.

- More random TR pitfall and cage fun. This time they've got Drew as well.

- OMIGOD! IT'S FORETRESS! AND IT'S ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING! *world implodes*

- LOL, Harley's strutting his ass as he storms off.

- Squirtle vs. Banette - Moment of reckoning. Oh, did I ever mention that Mr. Sukizo is one of my favorite recurring characters? He just is.

- Okay, someone HAS to make an animation of Banette repeatedly ramming its crotch against Squirtle's face.

- What is this attack, anyways? Torment?

- It ended in a tie? SUDDEN DEATH, BABY!

- Ha, this battle is finally getting good! Banette can't attack anymore for some reason, though.

- May wins in Sudden Death.

- No worries, people. This was far better than Squirtle vs. Ariados.

- Harley cries over Banette's Pokeball. He swears his revenge in the Grand Festival.

- And here's where the Contestshippers go nuts again...

No, there was no Harley vs. Drew battle as some of you were anticipating. Good contest, though.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 6th May 2006 at 4:47 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Thank you so much, S.Suikun! I was getting worried because there wasn't any episode information, especially because there was a lot of info for the last one. Thanks again^^
    Awesome Banner by Misty-Fan-Forever^^

MoonDoggie Loves: ContestShipping and Dog/Fox Pokemon

May watches Drew walk away... yet again... XD

Squirtle beating Banette wasn't too bad actually. Sure, it would rather have say, Combusken beat it but meh. Although it would be better if little Squirtle was a Wartortle by now. >>

The episode was nothing special. It felt like the half of an episode after the commercial break rather then a complete episode.

At least we got to see what happens in case of a tie!

The judges watching Squirtle bouncing side to side was hilarious to me. No idea why.

The Kanto Grand Festival is at Indigo Plateau?! ZOMGWTFBBQHIV! That's so awesome!

When Ash, Max, and Brock all yelled "Shuu" I cracked up. It is too hard to take Drew seriously in the original with that name. XD

Twerps, why did you let James and Meowth lead you into a dark room?

Harley's "angry walk" is amazing.

TR used a metal "protector" over the pitfall instead of rope! When was the last time that happened?

Not much to say really. Boring old episode, which is sad for a contest.

You know, I'm a huge Roselia fan... but I miss when it used to be little. T_T It's just not as cute when it's more than half the size of Drew.

Well, aside from that, I loved the episode. It was actually unpredictable, which was nice. I also liked the whole sudden death thing; I've been waiting for that to happen one day.

Too bad there was no Drew/Harley fight... in fact, I don't remember Harley doing all that much in this episode at all. X_x; Well, he seems to have something cooked up for the GF, so I'm sure that'll be good. His walk cracked me up, though. XD That's a new one.

Not sure what else to say. I'm very tired, so I'll watch it again tommorow and get a better opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun
    - And here's where the Contestshippers go nuts again...
    *innocent look*

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother
    May watches Drew walk away... yet again... XD
    Ash used to watch Gary when he walked away too, you know. Gary even used to do the same thing with the hand wave as he was walking, and Ash would watch while smiling.

Anyway, I really liked this episode. So we finally see what happens when a Contest ends in a tie, sudden death mode is awesome!

Squirtle Vs. Banette was a good battle. No cheap wins, no cop outs, just a straight out brawl with Squirtle winning. No complaints here, it was well done.

I'm really dying to know the dialouge between Harley and Ash/Drew/Brock/Max while they were backstage. Harley sure looked evil, what in the world was he saying?

Not much else to say since I can't understand Japanese, but it was good.

I think Harley was saying that there is no rule that says he can't lend his pokemon to another person, so Jessie isn't breaking any rules.

This was a pretty awesome contest. Banette and Squirtle both did some impressive stuff. If Jessie knew about Torment she probably could have won the battle.
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

Hmm. The animators goofed on a part of the episode. When Brock called Forretress after Ash and Co. fell into TR's trap, Brock threw a normal Pokeball to call it...

If memory serves right, isn't Brock's Forretress in a Fast Ball?

-sCiZoR

Quote Originally Posted by sCiZoR_2006
    If memory serves right, isn't Brock's Forretress in a Fast Ball?
    Yeah, but it hasn't been used in so long the writters must of forgotten, but the last time we saw it, it was in a Fast Ball.

Heck i'm just happy its out of its Pokeball.

Yeah I just saw this ep and I hate the uber Squirt. And Shuu's Miracle-Gro Roselia was half his size. I wonder what plant food he uses ^_^. Anyways Harly and Shuu should have fought it out then. Everyone I talked to thought that they would fight. Shuu would have won cause Masquerain owns Cacturne.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Squirtle Vs. Banette was a good battle. No cheap wins, no cop outs, just a straight out brawl with Squirtle winning. No complaints here, it was well done.
    I don't know.... Zenigame plowing through a Thunder with Bubble seemed like bulls***. I think there were a couple other things off there, but I can't remember them at the moment. In any case, as S. Suikun said, it was a helluva lot better than Zenigame vs. Ariados. They didn't add insult to injury by making the little f*** KO Jupetta, then arrogantly flex its god damn arms while standing on top of him. Nope, Jupetta was still battle-capable, but Musashi just lost all her points. For that matter, Zenigame didn't KO Airmudo, neither, but won on a time-out. It seems the writers are taking great measures to not seriously p*ss me off this time around.... though they should've opted to just not use the friggin' thing in the first place.

While the contest battles turned out slightly better than I expected, I was really let down by the side-plot. I was hoping for Harley vs. Shuu, dammit. They'd have an aerial battle (which usually kick a**), in which Harley had that Airmudo and it went against Flygon. Instead, that preview clip of Flygon turned out to just be saving Satoshi-tachi. -_- Well, I hope Harley's got something damn good in store for the Grand Festival.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

So if they tie at the time out they basically have a gunslinger-esque duel?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Wich physical attack used Banette against Squirtle?

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

This episode felt like 24.

Dissapointing :>(

End of post.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast