Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 161

Thread: Going For Choke! (451)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Place that voted yes on prop 8
    Posts
    7,269

    Default

    Well, I saw this episode a couple of hours ago and for the most part, it was pretty cool. There was Harley and there was Drew, so I'm pretty easy to satisfy here. Now onto the big battle, as much as I despise that Squirtle of May's to the pit of my core, it put up one good fight (what the hell did I just say). But, I was just happy to see Banette again. I just wish it didn't have to lose.

    DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

  2. #77

    Default

    I agree with Geodude, it seems Bannete is more solid then other ghosts, thus normal attacks should hit it. However, I'm sure it can go intangable if it chooses.

    I'm sure people will like my new sig, thanks to V-Faction.

  3. #78
    ---Kyogre007--- Guest

    Default

    At first, i liked the idea of "Pokemon Contest". But when Skitty appeared with its magic wins AND THEN SQUIRTLE APPEARED WITH MUCH MORE MAGIC WINS... Now i`m thinking pokemon contests are pathetic and watching them is just a waste of time. Plus, this episode represented Banette as a really weak, you know, "usual enemy" pokemon with no special abilities being a ghost. Thats my thoughts. I m absolutely frustrated.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,954

    Default

    Ok, so now Contests are a waste of time because Skitty had ONE annoying win, (against Dusclops) and Squirtle had ONE annoying win, (against Ariados)

    Honestly, you're completely ignoring the fact that the Contests are shoujo oriented and it's about the interactions between the humans more than the Pokemon battling.

  5. #80
    ---Kyogre007--- Guest

    Default

    And the win against Banette is not annoyng, isn't it?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ---Kyogre007---
    And the win against Banette is not annoyng, isn't it?
    Explain to me what was annoying about it, and then we'll talk.

  7. #82
    ---Kyogre007--- Guest

    Default

    Well...
    1) I like Banette and I hate Zenigame
    2) How come Zenigame dodged every single will-o-wisp?
    3) Why was Banette affected by Zenigame`s normal attacks
    4) Banette`s Shock Wave didn`t have much effect - that`s cheap and unreal
    5) All Zenigame did was using withdraw and sometimes showing its happy face to use ice beam.
    6) Zenigame got 2 shock waves, frustration - dont you think its too much for such a little pokemon?..

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban
    Banette never once used Thunderbolt during that battle. Thunder probably doesn't work so well with Banette because it isn't an electric type.
    Was it Thunder that came out of his hand, I can't understand Japanese so someone please fill me in.



    End of post.

  9. #84

    Default

    All around this was a pretty good episode. The animation team for this episode was really good, and it was a great change from the horrible one in the previous episode. They did a good job of making Haarii look...really scary...Almost too good. *slowly backs away*

    I know, this was at the END of the episode but...Was that Maemuki Roketto-Dan I heard at the next episode preview? I LOVE that song! It's so funny. I would be so happy if they played that during the episode or, better, as the ending theme. But I doubt they'd put it as the ending.

    The contest was a little unlikley. I thought that Jupetta should have won, but heck. That would've been against the writer's beliefs. Villains never win in kid's shows. But the Thunder/Thunderbolt thingy was odd - it didn't do much damage to li'l Zenigame, but when Pikachuu uses it against any water-types it practically OHKOs them. Somehow the good guys are better than the villains, even though the goodies are often much less experienced...Now, I'm not complaining that it got a magic win like a bunch of other people are, I just think that Jupetta was a little stronger than it. The extra battle thing was cool though. I know, everyone's calling it "sudden death," but Bibian-san called it an extra battle.

    And speaking of the Bibian...Did anyone notice how many times she shouted her slogan during the episode? It was like, five times. O__o; And if you didn't know, her slogan is "Hya...Ui...Gooo!" (Here...We...Go!) It's cool how the audience always shouts along with her. Although they're still no match for football fans. xP

    Did anyone notice that, during Haruka's contest battle with Musashi, Haarii was acting like a traditonal sit-around-and-watch-the-good-guys-fight-all-the-time-and-let-the-subordinates-do-all-the-work villain? It was hilarious. Kojirou was standing next to him and getting all riled up and shouting, but Haarii was just sitting there and looking cool, collected and bored. Just like a proper villain should. :3 But he freaked when Musa-ch - I mean Musashi lost. And it was even funnier when Musashi didn't realize she lost until Bibian walked up to her and told her she lost. xD It was so funny.

    Masato acts more like a classic anime little brother in the Japanese version than he does in the dub. In the dub he's always calling his sister by name and just acting like they're traveling parnters rather than siblings, but in the Japanese version he always calls her 'oneechan' and stuff.

    I need to see this episode subbed. >__>;

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ---Kyogre007---
    Well...
    1) I like Banette and I hate Zenigame
    2) How come Zenigame dodged every single will-o-wisp?
    3) Why was Banette affected by Zenigame`s normal attacks
    4) Banette`s Shock Wave didn`t have much effect - that`s cheap and unreal
    5) All Zenigame did was using withdraw and sometimes showing its happy face to use ice beam.
    6) Zenigame got 2 shock waves, frustration - dont you think its too much for such a little pokemon?..
    1) Opinions are fine, but you can come across as annoying and borderline bashing if you go around spouting them off without any reasons whatsoever to back them up.
    2) Cause it did.
    3) Already discussed.
    4) Thunder, not Shock Wave. I think it only hit once, and that hit did indeed have effect. Did you even watch the episode?
    5) Uh, no. Watching episode >>> looking at pictures. It did more than that.
    6) No. It has enough experience now, it can handle it. It amazes me how it's been 41 episodes since May got it and people still think it's a "baby".
    Quote Originally Posted by skarmachild
    Was it Thunder that came out of his hand, I can't understand Japanese so someone please fill me in.
    Yes, as was stated already, if you had bothered to read the topic.

    kaminari = Thunder
    joo mam boruto = Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    Was that Maemuki Roketto-Dan I heard at the next episode preview?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    But the Thunder/Thunderbolt thingy was odd - it didn't do much damage to li'l Zenigame, but when Pikachuu uses it against any water-types it practically OHKOs them.
    For the last time, it was Thunder. And it was a solid hit, did you even watch it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    In the dub he's always calling his sister by name and just acting like they're traveling parnters rather than siblings, but in the Japanese version he always calls her 'oneechan' and stuff.
    Don't you think that would have something to do with the fact that there's no real English equivalent to "onee-chan"? The best option is "sis", but nobody says that anymore.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,954

    Default

    Max sometimes calls her, "My big sister" but that's only rarely.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Ok, so now Contests are a waste of time because Skitty had ONE annoying win, (against Dusclops) and Squirtle had ONE annoying win, (against Ariados)
    I'd call vs. Houndoom and vs. Jynx 00ber wins for Skitty too, and one can't (unfortunately) forget 00ber Eevee either.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  13. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    For the last time, it was Thunder. And it was a solid hit, did you even watch it?
    All right, all right, sorry. All I said was that I wasn't sure if it was Thunder. I really don't care about that, so I didn't read the whole thread - what, is that a crime now or something? >__<; And I know it was a solid hit. I never said it wasn't. No need to get so angry at me like that.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    And I know it was a solid hit. I never said it wasn't. No need to get so angry at me like that.
    No, you specifically said you thought it didn't do much damage. That's not the same as a solid hit. If you don't want what you say picked apart, don't say it.
    Last edited by Geodude; 9th May 2006 at 1:30 AM.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    I'd call vs. Houndoom and vs. Jynx 00ber wins for Skitty too, and one can't (unfortunately) forget 00ber Eevee either.
    How is Eevee uber? It had training prior to the contest and watched a contest to understand what happened. Eevee was trained we had never seen marshtomp ever be trained in its life cycle. Before that contest it has never had a full battle. The fact that May trained her Eevee and earned it's position. Besides Eevee just barely won.

    Anyway I thought this episode was good.

    No, you specifically said you thought it didn't do much damage. That's not the same as a solid hit. If you don't want what you say picked apart, don't say it.
    I know its not my part to intrude on other people's argument but what are you saying? Faerie said it didnt seem to do much damage to squirtle then you started talking about it being a solid hit.

  16. #91

    Default

    Well, you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    And it was a solid hit
    And then, you said that it wasn't a solid hit.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    How is Eevee uber? It had training prior to the contest and watched a contest to understand what happened. Eevee was trained we had never seen marshtomp ever be trained in its life cycle. Before that contest it has never had a full battle. The fact that May trained her Eevee and earned it's position. Besides Eevee just barely won.
    That's just the thing, Marshtomp wasn't even hit by a number of Eevee's attacks yet it lost points. That just doesn't seem right.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    I agree with you about Marshtomp TGB, but in reality contest battles are a different animal compared to gym battles. Marshtomp's point deductions were because it didn't look good doing whatever it was doing. Personally I would have liked to see another battler of May's beat Marshtomp like Combusken or Munchlax. Seriously...people whine about Squirtle pulling Ice Beam out of its arse, and in reality, Eevee learned Dig the same way...right before its debut contest. That's the only thing I did not like about the May vs. Brock contest.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


  19. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    Marshtomp's point deductions were because it didn't look good doing whatever it was doing.
    Uh-huh. Even if a Pokemon doesn't take any damage, it can lose points if its opponent deflects its attack.

    You are right, Zenigame's Ice Beam just came out of nowhere. But the same thing happened with Yukiwarashi's Ice Beam. It's just the attack, I think.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    And then, you said that it wasn't a solid hit.
    Where'd I say that??

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Faerie
    And then, you said that it wasn't a solid hit.
    Where'd I say that??
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Faerie
    But the Thunder/Thunderbolt thingy was odd - it didn't do much damage to li'l Zenigame, but when Pikachuu uses it against any water-types it practically OHKOs them.
    For the last time, it was Thunder. And it was a solid hit, did you even watch it?
    10 character limit.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    I say this a lot, but there was really nothing wrong with Eneko and Eievui. They got several episodes dedicated to them training and preparing for future contests. The problem was how the battles themselves were written, but otherwise, they were in a perfect position to get a win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    You are right, Zenigame's Ice Beam just came out of nowhere. But the same thing happened with Yukiwarashi's Ice Beam. It's just the attack, I think.
    Um.... no. Yukiwarashi is different because it learns Ice Beam naturally (and being a friggin Ice-type, it's more suitable towards the attack). Even if it didn't learn in naturally, there's no way in hell it was pulled-out-the-a** as much as Zenigame's. When Yukiwarashi first used Ice Beam, it was at a totally random moment on that island with Donphan, AND it had to take several episodes of training just to get it down right. Zenigame, though, suddenly uses it to help stop Rocket Dan (plot convenience... suddenly showed up when it was needed to help save the day unlike Yukiwarashi's), and has it down pretty much perfectly with the exception of a recoil affect that appears the next episode, and seemingly disappears afterwards. Now try and explain to me how the hell the same thing happened with Yukiwarashi.

    And Eievui suddenly learning Dig was nowhere near as bad. Sure, it's a TM, but it's hardly a powerful attack like Ice Beam is. Besides, assuming genetic mastery works the same way it does in the games, anything's possible since that Eievui came from an egg on some random farm (Orchid, on the other hand, should be specializing in the starters' breeding to make sure they don't inherit cheap attacks, if such is the case). Dig was also different from Ice Beam in that it wasn't the one attack it gained that made or broke the battle it was in. As a matter of fact, it seemed to be at a total disadvantage using Dig against Numacraw. Nope, it was hardly powerful, and just seemed to be some random, weak-to-average-strength attack to add to its arsenal and expand its battle capabilities just a bit, whilst Ice Beam seems to have grown to be that terrapin a**hole's signature attack.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 10th May 2006 at 7:39 PM.

    Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

    I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

  23. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Um.... no. Yukiwarashi is different because it learns Ice Beam naturally (and being a friggin Ice-type, it's more suitable towards the attack). Even if it didn't learn in naturally, there's no way in hell it was pulled-out-the-a** as much as Zenigame's. When Yukiwarashi first used Ice Beam, it was at a totally random moment on that island with Donphan, AND it had to take several episodes of training just to get it down right. Zenigame, though, suddenly uses it to help stop Rocket Dan (plot convenience... suddenly showed up when it was needed to help save the day unlike Yukiwarashi's), and has it down pretty much perfectly with the exception of a recoil affect that appears the next episode, and seemingly disappears afterwards. Now try and explain to me how the hell the same thing happened with Yukiwarashi.
    I know all that, I was just trying to make a point about the fact that attacks come out of nowhere all the time. Satoshi's Pokemon come out with random attacks all the time - sometimes they take training, but sometimes they don't. I'm talking about before Houen, of course, because he trains furiously then and it's a little more realistic as far as learning moves. But in the older series Pokemon had all sorts of silly moves up their sleeves when they shouldn't; don't forget that kid in the Jouto Leauge whose Popokko (or it could have been a Watakko, I can't remember) just suddenly was able to use Solarbeam right when it needed to win and at the toughest spot in the battle. Zenigame wasn't the first Pokemon to have that sort of thing happen to it. The writers just feel they need to have people win somehow, no matter how unlikely it is.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    OK, finally saw the episode:
    *What was Wobbuffet doing with Kojirou and Meowth? It´s not supposed to be with Musashi since she has it´s pokéball?
    *I missed Cacnea, it was good to see it again
    *"Him" and his revenge argument got sooooooooo lame
    *Squirtle 2 - "Him" 0
    *Hmmm ... maybe Kojirou and Meowth trapped Satoshi and co. to ask Haruka her ribbon as a ransom, don´t you think?
    *I think Shuu´s new Pokémon will be a Miltank or a Tauros, maybe he created some kind of Poké-manure to make his Roselia grow

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    419

    Default

    The music in the episode pretty much made the pisode great.
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

    Playing is Believing -Nintendo

    Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.




    I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •