Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RBY Rules, Help and and FAQ

Great work, it must of taken ages to write!
    My pearl team:

This is Red. If you think Red is the greatest pokemon Trainer, copy and paste this in your sig *started by Mewten150*

In yellow you can get all 3 kanto starters
    Here's my own dragon's, Please Visit them, they would love to meet you:

HTML Code:
    http://dragcave.net/view/KW5mS
    my and my freinds Baby Dragons, they are currently un-hatched, if no one vists these little dragons, well, they'll die. ='( Please Dont upset there owners, who love their dragons verry much! VISIT HIM, 100% FREE, Hes AWESOME! =)

this is probably a noob question, but are R/B region locked?

Quote Originally Posted by Loreni333 View Post
    I didn't mean to throw the puppy in the woodchipper!

Quote Originally Posted by Sklobington View Post
    this is probably a noob question, but are R/B region locked?
    No, they are not. They work on any game boy just fine.

is anyone else getting a little tired of seeing pikachu all the time in videogames. i know ash's pokemon is pikachu but you know...

Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    is anyone else getting a little tired of seeing pikachu all the time in videogames. i know ash's pokemon is pikachu but you know...
    Would you rather it was a Clefairy? This is not an FAQ related question.

Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    Pikachu's the mascot of the enitre franchise and the most well-known Pokemon. Of course they're going to put in a lot of video games.

But in BW, you go through the main story without having to battle any Pikachus at all. So play that if you need a break from Pikachu. :P

Default Hall Of Fame overwrites itself?

I have beaten the Elite 4 many times. After a while, (I'd guess around 50 times) I noticed that whenever I beat the Elite 4, the oldest Hall of Fame entry would be gone. (e.g my Hall of Fame starts at no.13. I beat the Elite 4. It now starts at no.14.). I have not used any cheating devices, though I have saved in Glitch City, caught and released Missingno. and caught Mew. Does anyone know what the cause of this is?

Quote Originally Posted by jm-9 View Post
    I have beaten the Elite 4 many times. After a while, (I'd guess around 50 times) I noticed that whenever I beat the Elite 4, the oldest Hall of Fame entry would be gone. (e.g my Hall of Fame starts at no.13. I beat the Elite 4. It now starts at no.14.). I have not used any cheating devices, though I have saved in Glitch City, caught and released Missingno. and caught Mew. Does anyone know what the cause of this is?
    I believe that messing with certain glitches affects your Hall of Fame data. So that might be the cause of your troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by jm-9 View Post
    I don't think this is a glitch. The same happened to me in Blue, even if I had not been using glitches of any kind in that save file. My guess is that the game does not allow more than 50 different Hall of Fames at the same time, and overwrites the oldest one when it goes above 50.

Wow this is cool............. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Please, if you know which Pokemon were unavailable in Jap. Blue, post it here.
    I have Japanese Pokemon Blue but actually never played it that much... the internal battery had died so I had to translate the Japanese error message and then replace it, and that kinda killed the mood for me. (Also I've been busy translating* the pokedex entries of Green for fun.)

Anyways apparently the pokemon you can't catch in blue (jp) include Ekans, Arbok, Vulpix, Ninetails, Mankey, Primeape, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebell, Electabuzz and Magmar.
    Last edited by Crystal6; 28th November 2012 at 4:10 PM.

Default golduck learning amnesia?

I was wondering, is there a way to teach psyduck/golduck amnesia? because I've looked up the level up list for pokemon and I don't see psyduck or golduck learning amnesia anywhere (unless I have a blind eye and I'm missing something) Anyways I'm just curious. thanks in advance to anyone who answers it

Quote Originally Posted by Barren Redaction View Post
    I was wondering, is there a way to teach psyduck/golduck amnesia? because I've looked up the level up list for pokemon and I don't see psyduck or golduck learning amnesia anywhere (unless I have a blind eye and I'm missing something) Anyways I'm just curious. thanks in advance to anyone who answers it
    The only way to do so is by receiving the special Amnesia Psyduck on Pokemon Stadium for N64. If you have access to the game, the method of getting the Psyduck is to register all 151 Pokemon in the Hall of Fame.

Unhappy Pokemon yellow issues

Hey just recently i've changed the battery in my Pokemon yellow cartridge and all was good till recently its start loosing the save file again and im not sure why as i did crystal and silver at the same time and they are fine
    With Out Evil There Would Be No Good In A World Were for Every Shade Of Blue There is a shade Of Grey

^ Maybe your battery isn't properly secured. Try taking it apart and soldering it back on or using some decent tape.

Did you know... If you go to the hotel in Celadon city, and go in front of the place where a PC normally sits, (cause its modeled after a Pokemon Center) you can access a phantom computer and you can duplicate items! (well i had 2 bikes, but i don't know if it works on other items, and if im posting this on the wrong thread then im sorry im new) ALSO!!! You can catch Jynx in Pokemon Yellow in the Seafoam Islands, but they are rare. I also was doing the Lvl 100 before Brock glitch and found wild Lickitounge! (i dont know how to spell it XD)
    Last edited by Evilcampincalf; 12th August 2013 at 5:04 PM.

Key Items can't be duplicated, and Jynx is literally unavailable anywhere in Generation I outside of the trade in Cerulean City in Red and Blue. You were using glitches. That's where your Jynx and Lickitung came from. These games are about fourteen years old. If there were Jynx in Seafoam Island and Lickitung before Brock, guess what: people would have found them long before you decided to mess with games you are clearly too young to remember. I know this because any idiot who's played Pokemon back when it was new understands the phantom PC is literally common knowledge.

But enough of that. Can someone share with me the best place to grind the starters?
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Question Any recommendations for catching Tauros? (Blue version)

Hi all,

I know there are a few threads out there (including a few here) on catching Pokemon in the Safari Zone. The key message in all of them seems to be patience, which makes perfect sense given that the Safari Zone mostly comes down to luck. I've caught most of the Pokemon in the Safari Zone after a few hours of trying,

However Tauros seems to constantly elude me. I've come across him 20-30 times so far and I have tried different combinations of bait, rock and ball - including just spamming the Safari ball with no baits or rocks. However, I never even come close to catching it. I always get the "Darn! The Pokemon broke free" message. If I throw a rock it immediately runs away and if I throw bait I can't hit it with the Safari ball. Right now I saved my game in Zone 3 and I keep turning off the game if I run out of time before catching Tuaros.

Does anyone have any strategies that have worked for them? If it's just patience and spamming the Safari ball, I'm ok with that I just don't want to be wasting my time if that doesn't work. Should I leave the Safari Zone and come back, instead of saving it in Area 3 and just reloading the game?

I sincerely appreciate any help or advice that anyone could offer. Thank you!!

EDIT: I should also mention that when I spam Safari balls I only get 1-3 chances before Tauros runs away. Is that close to everyone else's experience?
    Last edited by FeasiblePancake; 15th August 2014 at 7:07 PM.

^Honestly, I've found that the easiest way to get rare Safari Zone Pokemon is to abuse the Cinnabar coast glitch or whatever you want to call it, where you can find wild Pokemon from the last area you were in by surfing along the right hand coast. So if you go to the area of the Safari Zone where Taurus can be found, then head directly to Cinnabar Island and start surfing along the coast, the Pokemon you encounter will be from that part of the Safari Zone. This way, you can catch Tauros after weakening it and without worrying about it running away. I used this trick to catch a Chansey during one of my playthroughs.

But if you really want to catch it the intended way, then all I can recommend is to have patience and keep trying. It's been a long time since I've seriously tried catching Pokemon from this gen's Safari Zone in the SZ itself, so I can't offer too much advice.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 15th August 2014 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    ^Honestly, I've found that the easiest way to get rare Safari Zone Pokemon is to abuse the Cinnabar coast glitch or whatever you want to call it, where you can find wild Pokemon from the last area you were in by surfing along the right hand coast. So if you go to the area of the Safari Zone where Taurus can be found, then head directly to Cinnabar Island and start surfing along the coast, the Pokemon you encounter will be from that part of the Safari Zone. This way, you can catch Tauros after weakening it and without worrying about it running away. I used this trick to catch a Chansey during one of my playthroughs.

But if you really want to catch it the intended way, then all I can recommend is to have patience and keep trying. It's been a long time since I've seriously tried catching Pokemon from this gen's Safari Zone in the SZ itself, so I can't offer too much advice.
    Thank you for the feedback Aquarelle. I'd prefer to try and catch all the Pokemon the intended way, if possible. I try to avoid glitches and exploits if I can help it. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Default Most efficient way to level up and train Pokemon traded from NPCs

I know that when you trade a Pokemon with an NPC, the Pokemon they give you is at the same level as the one that you trade with them, but is there any incentive for trading really low level Pokemon with the traders? I also know that if you catch a specific wild Pokemon at a high level, its stats will tend to be worse than those of that same Pokemon if you caught it at a low level in the wild, and leveled up to that high level. So, if you catch a lvl2 Pidgey in Route 1, and grind it up to lvl19, it’ll be stronger than a lvl19 Pidgey that you caught in Route 7.

Is the same thing true for Pokemon that you gain from trades?

I’m asking this because I’m early on into a playthrough of Pokemon Red. (US) I have two Spearows. One of them is at level 10, and the other is at level 15. I don’t know which of them I should trade with the man in Vermillion City in order to get the Farfetch’d. If I trade in the lvl10 Spearow, and grind the Farfetch’d from lvl10 all the way to lvl15, will its stats be any higher, (or lower,) than if I just trade my lvl15 Spearow for a lvl15 Farfetch’d? Thanks.

^If you get the level 10 Farfetch'd and train it to 15, it most likely will have higher stats than if you got it fresh at level 15. However, this will be due to the fact that the lv. 10 Farfetch'd will gain Stat Experience (similar to EVs in the newer games basically) as a result of training against other Pokemon. Pokemon obtained at higher levels are not inherently weaker than those caught at lower levels, they just haven't had the chance to gain Stat Exp. yet. If you catch a Pokemon at level 15 and max out its Stat Exp., its lv. 100 stats will be the same as an identical Pokemon of the same species (ie. same IVs and max Stat Exp. as well) that was caught at level 2.

So, it really won't make much of a difference in the long run whether you go with the level 10 or 15 Farfetch'd. I would decide based on whether you want a higher level Pokemon right away or whether you'd be willing to grind for a while.

Default [Help] GBA SP + Pokemon Red

Hi,

I've bought an used Game Boy Advance SP and when I tried to play an Game Boy/Game Boy Color game on it (Pokemon Red) I saw an darker area on top of the squared area of the image. It seems like some sort of shadow. My guess is that the cause of that might be the front light 'glass' that reflects the image. If i point a very strong light into it, it seems to disappear, and it is more noticiable in darker places.
    Can someone with a similar unit confirm that this 'issue' is normal?

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast