Thread: Cinco de Mayo '06 Cotd [YGO] Pyramid Turtle

Default Cinco de Mayo '06 Cotd [YGO] Pyramid Turtle

Pyramid Turtle for Cinco de Mayo? Mexican Pyramids!
    http://mud.mm-a5.yimg.com/image/1950098891 Courtesy of 'www.southamericanfiesta.com'

Anywayz,

Pyramid Turtle is very much a staple in any Zombie deck and also has seen play at the beginning of last format alongside one V-Lord and Two Reapers run in one in a regular CC Deck.

It is the only searcher that can bring in a mon with more 1500 attack, IIRC and the only one that can bring in mons in ATK OR DEF, also, IIRC. Pyramid also allows for a good Creature Swap also and can be brought out with Book of Life and Call of the Mummy.

If Pyramid gets teched again, but with Ryu Kokkis it may do some good in a non-Zombie deck.

CC with Reapers and V-Lords/Kokkis - 3.3/5

Zombie - 5/5

Butcher/Self Mill - 3.2/5 [Think about it, getting out Stalling Reapers? That's excellent.]

Art - 3.5/5 [looks pretty cool!]

Now average your scores and rate the thread as your average.

Average - 3.75 to 4
    Last edited by Raito; 5th May 2006 at 5:14 PM.
    So I think I'm back.

Let's see how long this lasts.

I personally am a huge fan of these guys. First you have a Vampire Lord of a Kokki on the field, then Creature swap your turtle (in attack mode) and destroy it (removing a creature due to Lord possibly), then summon another zombie say kokki and direct attack.

So its very useful in though at first I never really looked the look of it, but after playing WC 2006 and choosing zombie deck I tried making a revamped version of the zombie deck (irl cards) and I just had to put these guys in I mean they are good and cool.

So perfect for all zombie/dark/fiend/ghoul decks, and alright in non-zombie decks if you have some powerful zombies in it.

So yeah an alright all rounder imo.

EDIT: Also i'd just like to say thanks for resetting up COTD, I miss it XP

I run zombies, and made the deck-type popular once again. This card is amazing in zombie decks. Especially zombie searcher, alongside Pot of Avarice.

But you can't call Turtle a staple in zombie decks, seeing how it only works in zombie swarm, or zombie madness, and zombie overtkill.

It gets 4.5/5. It's the second most powerful searcher ever released in the YGO TCG, and the best replacement card in this format thus far.

Nice review yo. Anyway I can get on COTD's?
    Last edited by FireKero!; 6th May 2006 at 9:09 PM.

~THREE SEE~

Quote Originally Posted by ~Wandering Perappu~
    the only one that can bring in mons in ATK OR DEF
    Liar!! Masked Dragon does too!!

Still I love Pyramid Turtle. If I had more Spirit Reapers, I'd abuse the hell out of it in a Zombie deck. But I don't, so....

4/5. I'm suprised that Zombies don't see more play, with Smashing and Saks around.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

I said If I recall correctly, also. I obviously didn't my mistake...
    So I think I'm back.

Let's see how long this lasts.