View Poll Results: Am I the only person who thought up Brockshipping fics?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 48.00%
  • No

13 52.00%

Thread: You’re Beautiful (Brockshipping One-Shot)

Default You’re Beautiful (Brockshipping One-Shot)

You’re Beautiful (Brockshipping One-Shot) Rated: U

A/N: Inspired by the song 'You're Beautiful' by James Blunt

A large number of people were riding on a train towards a nearby town in a city that they would be staying for a few days. Among the group was Brock, a pokemon breeder and the self-proclaimed ‘ladies’ man’. Along with his friends, he had been travelling around the world, learning how to raise pokemon. While his friends were talking about their upcoming adventures, he had his eyes focused on a particular girl.

My life is brilliant
    My love is pure
    I saw an angel
    Of that, I’m sure

She was a beautiful girl with beautiful shoulder-length brown hair and blue eyes. She was wearing some everyday clothing like a pair of blue jeans and a tight white t-shirt. While Brock smiled at her, she gave a smile back… an awkward smile and with a good reason. She was standing next to a muscular man wearing a white t-shirt, black jeans and a pair of black boots; he was a few inches taller than Brock.

She smiled to me on the subway
    She was with another man
    But I won’t lose my sleep on that
    Cos I got a plan

But that didn’t stop Brock from thinking up a plan of how to get close to her. At one point, the train stopped and a speaker attached to a pillar outside the train announced what town they arrived in.

That was the location that Brock and his friends needed to go to so they had to step off the train. Luckily for him, that was the same location that the girl needed to stop to.

Yes, she caught my eye
    As I walked on by
    She could see from my face
    That I was flying high
    And I don’t think that I’ll see her again
    But we shared a moment that will last to the end

Brock and his friends stepped off from one part of the train while the lady and her man stepped off another, which was on their right. “That way,” one his friends said, pointing to the lady’s direction, much to Brock’s delight.

As the lady and Brock walked past each other Brock simultaneously smelt a delightful smell from her and looked into her gorgeous eyes, feeling a great drift of ecstasy inside his head.

“She’s beautiful…” he whispered after witnessing, of what he would describe, a beautiful face in a crowded place.

You’re beautiful
    You’re beautiful
    You’re beautiful
    It’s true
    I saw your face
    In a crowded place
    And I don’t know what to do
    I will never be with you

“Beautiful…” he whispered softly.

Like a particular lyric of a slow song, he had no idea what to do.

But his loving instincts did.

You’re beautiful
    You’re beautiful
    You’re beautiful
    It’s true

He allowed his instincts get to him as he rushed back to the lady he deeply had a crush on and gently held her hand. The lady turned around and saw that Brock was kneeling down on one knee, much to her shock. “Oh, my sweet love,” Brock said with passion in his voice while a pinkish colour was showing on his face. “There must an angel with a smile on her face when she thought I should be you.”

Suddenly, he felt a great deal of pain on one of his ears as his friend began pulling it dragging him away from her, making sure that the awkward feeling was no longer there. “It’s time to face the truth… she will never be you,” he said, sounding like a realist.

As much as Brock hated to admit it, he had to as he was dragged further and further away from the woman that he will never see again, let alone be with.

But it’s time to face the truth… I will never be with you…

END!
    Formerly known as Brian Powell

Check these out:

Thanks for the card, Skiks
    Pokemon Impact (PG13):
    Series: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Cancelled)

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!
    (Continue or Reboot? That is the question.)

Goldenrod High (Chaptered Comedy Multishipping fic PG13) Updated: 02/12/09
    Who says school is just for learning? ^^

Check out my other stories, and everyone else's in the Completed Fics forum!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

Aww! I feel so bad for Brock now! This is a really GOOD one shot song fan fic (wateve you wana call it)! Great song choice too! Thumbs up for me

Default I loved it

Poor Brock, I liked the song choice! Go Brockshipping!
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lol to brock. And welcome to life. Where were you Brock?
    very good writing with lots of details
    :-D

Kizara: Thanks for reviewing, kid. When I was writing the part about Brock getting pulled away, I was feeling like a git. Still, I was trying to make it anime-like and the song fits him.

May3: Thanks.

Gwergwer: Thanks. Welcome to life indeed, Brock. It's sucks, but you're gonna love it.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

Hate the song, LOVED the fic. It put a sensitive twist on brock's typical acts. Great work!
    ................and there goes the tumbleweed.

Wind Waker: I don't see anything wrong with the song because it's one of my favourites. As a bit of a Brock fan, I feel like a (BEEP!) because I feel sorry for Brock for not getting a girl but then again I find it amusing over the way he reacts upon rejection and being dragged away.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

I really like how you put the story into Brock's position. It really puts feeling into the seemingly automatic attraction scenes he does in the anime. Very good.
    I love that song too, but I hope you know that this part of the song:
    She could see from my face
    That I was flying high
    has two versions. The other version I dowloaded has it say "That I was f*cking high" - which is probably good you didn't add, because I ROFL eveytime I hear it. XP
    Good job, and I voted yes, this is the first time I've seen or read a Brock-shipped fic.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Encyclopika: First off, congratulations on becoming a mod. I am honoured that you reviewed this.

Secondly, yep that is so Brock.

Thirdly, yes, there are two versions of this song but I wanted this fic to be more suitable for younger viewers so I didn't want a swear word in there.

Once again, thanks.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

*gasp* A Brockshipping fic! *reads*

You know, I never related 'You're Beautiful' to Brock's failing lovelife, but this song fits him perfectly!

Huh? Two versions of the song? Never heard the other one...

And lastly: Poor Brock...

Good job on the story though, short (even as a one-shot/songfic) but very telling.

I read this story a couple of weeks ago, and would have revued it then, but I only became a member yesterday. Anyway, I've read a lot of your Pokeshipping one-shots before, and I quite enjoyed them. Not only did you do a good job writing the story to match the song, but you also chose songs that I quite enjoy. And this story is on the same page as your others. While I can't really say that You're Beautiful is one of my favorite songs, I can't say that I hate it. But really, you did a good job on this fic. Also, I voted no in the poll, because I'm at the beginning of writing a Brockshipping fic.

By the way, I've noticed that you've written Pokeshipping and Advancedshipping stories in the past. Just out of curiosity, which shipping do you support?

It was kind of short, but I really like this story. I love that song, and poor Brock is my favorite character. I feel so sorry for him, it's too bad he can't see his fanclub, lol. Max can be quite cruel with his remarks sometimes, even though the same thing happened to him once. You'd think he'd be a little more understanding. Anyways, good job on the story, I think I like this one more than Mysterious Girl. Thumbs up!

Aw... poor Brock. Hopefully he'll get a girl soon. XD

~Kitteh

Hey, I just heard "You're Beutiful" for the first time a couple of days ago and the first thing I thought was this fic! Man, we do not have a lot of brockshipping fics! Anyway, I hope Brock gets a girl soon!
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

Man, there are a lot of reviews to respond to here.

Brioche: Yep, I also find it surprising that there aren’t a lot of Brockshipping fics. It was a couple of months after I listened to this song for the first time; when I was reading and listening to the lyrics I thought ‘Brock could relate to this... only to have a funny ending’.

Yes, there are two versions of this song. I find it strange because one of the versions only changed that one word into a swear word. Pretty stupid idea but that’s just my opinion.

Fez: Well, thank you very for checking out my other one-shots. I picked those songs because I thought they’d fit in with the shipping but they’re also my favourites (apart from Mysterious Girl but it fits with Brockshipping). Good luck with your Brockshipping fic (please do that ear pulling bit, I like to see that lol).

What shippings do I supoort? None. I wrote these types of shippings because I noticed that there are a lot of shippers in the forums so I wrote these one-shots. People can be bias here and there but I’m writing them for entertainment purposes.

Ampris: Yeah, I know it’s a bit short but then again it was meant to be short. A bit strange you see because I feel sorry for the character when he gets rejected but I can see an upside to it. And judging from the fact that you compared this to Mysterious Girl, it looks like I’m improving. ^^

Kitteh: Poor Brock, indeed. But still, I like it when his ear gets pulled.

May3: Wow, thanks. It’s true, we don’t have a lot of Brockshipping fics here but I’ll be writing more of that.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Powell
    Fez: Well, thank you very for checking out my other one-shots. I picked those songs because I thought they’d fit in with the shipping but they’re also my favourites (apart from Mysterious Girl but it fits with Brockshipping). Good luck with your Brockshipping fic (please do that ear pulling bit, I like to see that lol).
    You have a very good tatse in music then. And thanks for wishing me luck with my fic. I'm going to need it, seeing as how I barely have one line. I wasn't going to add an ear pulling scene, but what the heck. I'll do it for you (if I ever get it writen that is).

What shippings do I supoort? None. I wrote these types of shippings because I noticed that there are a lot of shippers in the forums so I wrote these one-shots. People can be bias here and there but I’m writing them for entertainment purposes.
    Oh, well that clears that up! Thank for the info. (I love your Pokeshipping song-fics by the way. Keep up the good work!)

Quote Originally Posted by Fez the Mysfit Elf
    You have a very good tatse in music then. And thanks for wishing me luck with my fic. I'm going to need it, seeing as how I barely have one line. I wasn't going to add an ear pulling scene, but what the heck. I'll do it for you (if I ever get it writen that is).
    You don't have to add that part, it's just I like it when that happens because it reminds me of a friend of mine who flirts around with women a lot and I had to drag him away at times. XP

Oh, well that clears that up! Thank for the info. (I love your Pokeshipping song-fics by the way. Keep up the good work!)
    I will and you'll be reading. Thanks for the encouragement.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Powell
    Kitteh: Poor Brock, indeed. But still, I like it when his ear gets pulled.
    Yeah, him getting his ear pulled is funny... XD

I know! ^^ Now let's see what else I can think up...

Spoiler:

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

man that was great, I mean I really feal brocks pain (and I know what that feals like)I also really love that song I want to get it on my MP3 player sometime, but I don't have very much money. anyhow that was great I'll try to review more of your storys.

Iron Justice: Thanks for reviewing, mate. What kind of pain are you talking about? The heartbreaking pain or ear pulling pain? ^^ The song is also one of my favourites.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):