Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Ole' Berate & Switch! (452)

DX is also the reverse of the old XD smily face, often used to show disgust or distaste for something.
    And personally, I think that works a lot better than it being used as an abbreviation of Deluxe. Because, y'know...the trivia quiz really is enough to disgust any viewer.

Heh, this episode was really good! Chalk up yet another winner for the Battle Frontier arc.

I was not expecting a mini-tournament in this episode at all, that was a nice subplot. Corphish once again proves it really doesn't need to evolve, taking down Marowak and Pinsir. At this point I really do think Corphish is going to fall in the same boat as Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

It's not like Ash's Squirtle ever gave a reason to not evolve either, so I think Corphish is going to be the same at this point.

The whole Butch/Jessie, Cassidy/James bit was great. Jessie's temper was great when she kicked the fire extinquisher...not to mention Jessie kicking Butch in the face! LOL!

I was also surprised to see other Rocket grunts there, and the normal trainers fighting them off. I just got a RBY flashback here....c'mon writers, make Ash and co. go to Silph Company!

There were some really emotional Team Rocket scenes in this episode. Loved Meowth talking really fast about splitting the food into three...rofl.

Fantastic episode, and next week we get to see Jessie/James battling Ash and Brock at Pewter Gym! I love this saga. :x

I thought this would be the end of Team Rocket. I guess it was too good to be true. I'm really sorry for being nasty about Team Rocket. The show wouldn't be the same without them, even if they are a nuisance.

OK, I saw the pictures, avoiding reading anything beforehand to spoil the episode. I was literally on the edge of my seat thinking that maybe, just maybe, Corphish might evolve. But I agree with Cybercubed, it doesn't need to. However, wouldn;t that be a great battle against Brandon's Regirock?
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

CASSIDY!
    8D now that's what I call Crystal Clair fanservice!
    Ugh, one of those episodes when I want the team twerp just to back out... why cant Cassidy and Butch do a traditional exit anymore!? Stupid writers!
    btw, before I came to Pokemon fansites where Ash, May and Misty fans overrun the places, I used to go through lots of sites where we refered all the "good guys" as Team Twerp. I still do once in a while and whenever Cassidy gets a cameo or an episode.
    I still love Clair an inch better though.

Was the attack corphish used (with the orange orbs) newly-learned? What was it exactly as I haven't seen it before (not being used by corphish anyway).
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    Was the attack corphish used (with the orange orbs) newly-learned? What was it exactly as I haven't seen it before (not being used by corphish anyway).
    It was Bubble Beam. I wasn't really paying attention at the time, so I had to double take that particular scene myself.

Wow, this episode was a winner in more ways than one. The whole Team Rocket thing for one, the tournament thing for another...not forgetting the awesome use of Corphish (now we need Donphan, covered in the next episode hopefully), and the use of Pinsir and Marowak, not too common Pokemon. It's funny how Butch and Cassidy were partly foiled by J, J & M's hole, and that they had a touching, or predictable, reunion (predictable as in the fact at the end they were back to arguing again).

More entertaining than I predicted. Another one up for the Battle Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    "DX" stands for Deluxe as if it was better than the original.
    I'm aware, my point being that this is actually worse than the regular "Remembering Pokemon" quiz and thus doesn't fit.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    I'm aware, my point being that this is actually worse than the regular "Remembering Pokemon" quiz and thus doesn't fit.
    But you and I aren't the ones who get to name it. We might think it's sucks but they don't. And it could be they were trying to but lipstick on a pig.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    It was Bubble Beam. I wasn't really paying attention at the time, so I had to double take that particular scene myself.
    I know the animators can be inconsistent with the attacks in the anime, but why on Earth did they make bubble beam orange this time?!
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

I have the episode on my comp. Kind of cool.

If Corphish evolved, Ash would have a Dark pokemon. That wouldn't really fit well with the show.
    Last edited by ReallyOcean; 13th May 2006 at 12:36 AM.
    hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    I know the animators can be inconsistent with the attacks in the anime, but why on Earth did they make bubble beam orange this time?!
    It's been orange for quite some time now actually. Surely you've noticed it in past battles and openings? :/

ReallyOcean, you might need to change your post and your sig. Advertising downloaded episodes is illegal. Read the rules.

-sCiZoR

Great episode just saw it. Had plenty of humor in it this episode is one reason why TR is so important to the show.
    The whole tournament thing was great, we just saw corphish beat alakazam and now it beats a pinsir and a marowak, really good battletime for corphish and as cyber said this just proves that it doesn't need to evolve.
    Meowth remembering how they always split everything in 3 shares was so well sweet.
    Brock i believe messed up James name and his reaction was funny.
    Jessie kicking Butch in the face was just priceless.
    It was funny how they dug the holes and butch and cassidy kept on falling in them and then they came with their motto, which looked great. It was nice how when jessie and butch were doing the motto the R sign broke and at the end when jessie,james, and meowth reunited and said their motto the R sign was intact and had a shine to it.
    Overall IMO great episode 10/10.

Episode was good. Especially when some people turned to TR members. Reminded me of xD/ Colosseum.

I was half-expecting Corphish to suddenly be engulfed in light and evolve after blasting off JJM off.

Wobbuffet got completely shafted!

The trainers vs. Rocket Grunts! Good! Ah, I'm remembering the St. Anne ep now...

They played Look Ahead Team Rocket too much. x.x

Heh, JJM have their reuniting and are then randomly blasted off. Nice.

I loved the conflicting motto thing. XD

Well this was the first time I've seen an episode in Japanese. Even though I didn't understand anything they said XD, it held my interest the entire time.

Honestly TR has the best episodes.
    It was a funny episode and a bit touching.
    Wobbufett appeared...only during the motto at the end..how lame! Well Manene got attention though.
    Corphish was awesome as usual.
    Jessie kicking the fire extinguisher, Marowak being KO'd and its bone just falling on its head, and the mixed up mottos were the highlights.
    Did Brock go ga-ga over "Joy"? It didn't seem like it, but he might have said something I didn't understand.
    Nice to see the Grunts, Butch, and Cassidy again.
    The Hitmontop wasn't Butch's but a random trainer's. However Raticate and Houndour was theirs.

I'll give this episode a proper rating when it is dubbed, but I did enjoy watching it.

PS: I loved the backgorund music, especially Symphonic Melody.

Quote Originally Posted by sCiZoR_2006
    ReallyOcean, you might need to change your post and your sig. Advertising downloaded episodes is illegal. Read the rules.
    I'm not saying that I'm giving anything away.

As for my sig, since when are all of them "Downloaded"?
    Last edited by ReallyOcean; 13th May 2006 at 3:12 AM.
    hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicolo's Depression
    Did Brock go ga-ga over "Joy"? It didn't seem like it, but he might have said something I didn't understand.
    A little bit, but not nearly as severely as he usually does. It looked to me like he started to sense that something wasn't right after Max pulled him away.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Probably the funniest episode this saga. Meowth becoming overcome with joy because he got an entire cracker to himself was hilarious. As hoped, there was the conflict between mottos. I loved Jessie kicking Butch. Speaking of Butch, did anybody mispronounce his name this time? Maybe the writers finally realized that gag got old.
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Heh, this episode was really good! Chalk up yet another winner for the Battle Frontier arc.
    I love this saga. :x
    Heh, I remember when you hated it during its first 10 eps or so. Or am I thinking of someone else? >_<

Most will agree that it's definitely gotten better, however.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun

Heh, I remember when you hated it during its first 10 eps or so. Or am I thinking of someone else? >_<
    I did do some *****ing during the beginning of the BF arc, but I calmed down a lot after the fighting dojo episode.

Most people were initially upset over the writers not following the BF rules and essentially treating the Brains like Gym leaders, but most of us have gotten over that now and really don't care anymore. And aside from the lack of Season 1 references and possibly May's uber Squritle, everything else this saga has been gold.

Probably the funniest episode this saga. Meowth becoming overcome with joy because he got an entire cracker to himself was hilarious. As hoped, there was the conflict between mottos. I loved Jessie kicking Butch. Speaking of Butch, did anybody mispronounce his name this time? Maybe the writers finally realized that gag got old.
    Meowth got teary-eyed because he missed having to split the crackers and other foods into three pieces. He wasn't happy about having the whole cracker to himself. Also, everyone got Butch's name wrong so the gag continues. Even Cassidy said it wrong the whole way through. Poor guy.

I loved the episode just for it being centered around Team Rocket. Though one thing that bugged me was how Max just happened to overhear James and Cassidy talking. Doesn't that kind of accidental eavesdropping happen WAY too often? It's so unoriginal.

Oh yeah, and I thought it was pretty funny how nobody thought it was weird that "Joy's" mouth wasn't moving when she talked.
    I like Meowth. =)

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyOcean
    If Corphish evolved, Ash would have a Dark pokemon. That wouldn't really fit well with the show.
    What do mean Corphish's evolved form is a Dark Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy
    What do mean Corphish's evolved form is a Dark Pokemon?
    Yes, Crawdaunt is a Dark type pokemon.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast