Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Ole' Berate & Switch! (452)

Geki Guest

It's good that Team Rocket didn't disband forever. I liked this episode, it was something that we have never seen before.

I can't remember if this was mentioned here or in the counterpart thread on Bulbagarden, but when the gang found James and Cassidy working together, the scene was hilarious. Very roughly translated since I don't know Japanese but don't really need to to know what went on, it was something like:

Ash: "Cassidy and..."
    Brock: "Botch!"
    James: "It's James, you know that perfectly well!"

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Shining_Espeon Guest

Seen the pictures!

-The eyes and mouth on Cassidy's Joy disguise didn't move but everyone fell for it? Wow. The people in Pokemon are idiots.
    -I was suprised Brock fell for Cassidy's disguise and went all ga-ga. He usually can sense if something's up. It was funny as usual, though.
    -Jessie kicking that fire extinguisher out of frustration/annoyance was one of the funniest parts in the ep. I wish it would've hit Cassidy in head, though.
    -When Cassidy pulled James on her side and Jessie pulled Butch on her side they seemed to do it very...seductively. Jessie and Butch looked cute together in the scene where she got him on her side. The Cassidy and James scene was just funny.
    -How'd Jessie convince Butch to go with her? James practicely didn't have a choice since Cassidy dragged him down the hallway, but Butch went on his own.
    -I felt a little sorry for James and Butch in this ep. Their partners are kinda narcissitic *****es.
    -Yay Max for discovering the scam!
    -I loved Meowth in this episode. He was determined to salvage Jessie and James' friendship. The part where he got emotional over the cookie was funny, too.
    -Regular trainers fighting off a hoard of TR Grunts for a change was great. It strongly reminded me of "The Battle Aboard the St. Anne".

Despite the stuff I just listed, this ep seemed just little bit better than mediocre to me. 7/10

EDIT: I just watched the new AG ending through the link on Cybercubed's sig. So incredibly cute! I wish they'd put the endings on the dubbed version
    Last edited by Shining_Espeon; 13th May 2006 at 3:25 PM.

I'll tell you, James and Butch can never win. It almost makes me feel sorry for the S.O.B's. Oh well! Just saw the episode and for the most part it was pretty good. I did like the battle between Corphish and Marowak. And one thing I had to say was that Cassidy looks a hell of a lot better in a Nurse Joy outfit than Jessie.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Took a while, but I finally saw the episode, and it was better than I expected. The Team Rocket episodes are always fun.

- I find it funny that all Pikachu had to do to escape from Team Rocket this time was to unlock his cage from the inside. XD

- I know this is random, but this is the first Japanese episode I've watched that Manene actually speaks in, and I just wanted to say that its voice is awesome.

- It kind of annoys me that Cassidy & Botch didn't recognize Brock when they recognized Ash, but I guess they were only concentrating on Pikachu at the time.

- I agree with Medea; Cassidy looks so much better in Norse Joy's clothes than Jesse did. So incredibly hot.

- Boy, Team Rocket is becoming less and less of a threat every day. The Rocket grunts are being defeated by random children who don't look a day over ten. It really makes you forget that these guys are supposed to be the most evil organization in the entire Kanto region.

- My favorite part in the entire episode was when Cassity & Botch kept falling into pitfall traps all over the place, and then when Pikachu blasts them off, the Team Rocket balloon shows up and Jessie & James are each holding a shovel. XD

- Wow, if it weren't for the motto at the end of the episode, Wobbufett wouldn't have appeared at all. When was the last time that's happened?

- It's episodes like these that make me really hope PUSA keeps the original music when they start dubbing. Vocal song overload.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sees the single truth for what it is;
    he looks like a kid but has the mind of an adult!
    His name? Detective Conan!

I guess we know that Team Rocket as an organisation is still going, and hopefully this appearance of the grunts is a sign of things to come.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Hopefully Giovanni will clean house of these particularly pathetic grunts, though. They made JJ&M look like a threat by comparison; at least the trio usually takes a full episode to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox
    - I know this is random, but this is the first Japanese episode I've watched that Manene actually speaks in, and I just wanted to say that its voice is awesome.
    That wasn't its regular voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    That wasn't its regular voice.
    I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. Was it trying to imitate James' voice for the entire episode or something?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sees the single truth for what it is;
    he looks like a kid but has the mind of an adult!
    His name? Detective Conan!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    ...it's worth noting that when he asks "Joy" to clean his Monster Balls...
    Ha ha!

...context.

I could see this happening...

Well, when the title was first announced I had expected a more emotional type episode, but comedy is certainly appreciated. Although I've got to say, everyone getting Kosaburou's name wrong... isn't funny anymore. Takeshi calling Kojirou Kosanji, on the other hand, was pure gold.

But my favorite part was when Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu bump into each other while collecting monster balls and get all sentimental, only to be blasted off by some random guy's Saidon. XD

And it was nice to see some Rocket-dan grunts in action for the first time in so long. Kinda reminiscent of the St. Anne episode with all the trainers squaring off against them.
    ~

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. Was it trying to imitate James' voice for the entire episode or something?
    Maybe I should have specified voice actor. Manene and Pikachu have the same seiyuu, Ikue Ohtani, who IIRC just had a baby.

Grunts and a mention of Nanba? I was hoping for Mondo. I knew it wouldn't happen but still .

Anyways, sounds like a great ep from what I've read in this thread. But then again, I tend to enjoy most eps that have TR doing more than just capturing Pikachu and their other usual stuff.

Also, is this the first time TR are shown capturing Pikachu and getting blasted off before the opening even starts? Groovy.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Boy, Team Rocket is becoming less and less of a threat every day.
    Oh please, judging by recent eps, you can't say that Team Rocket have become sloppy. There have been several times where they came really close to winning.

Yeah, Team rocket try there hardest but aslong as they are doing bad things they won't suceed (which isn't really fair) whenever they do proper jobs they succeed and flourish.
    I'm glad that this episode didn't spell the end for Jessie and james, they are by far the most developed characters on the show

Quote Originally Posted by Steffrox
    Yeah, Team rocket try there hardest but aslong as they are doing bad things they won't suceed (which isn't really fair) whenever they do proper jobs they succeed and flourish.
    I'm glad that this episode didn't spell the end for Jessie and james, they are by far the most developed characters on the show
    Still I was hoping that this would be the end of TR because of their incompetence. I mean, in the end TR haven't changed a bit.
    Last edited by Ashy Boy; 12th June 2006 at 5:46 AM.

I didn't see all of this episode but I did see the part where Meowth finds the cookies and thinks of how TR split everything in 3's. The scene goes til TR gets blasted off by a boy with his Rhydon. Meowth's Japanese voice is very funny and the scene was great. I wish I could see the Jp. episode.

I find it hilarious that Brock get's James' name wrong. It just goes to prove that Cassidy must be so hot, no one ever gives her partner - no matter who she's partnered with - a second look.

I can't wait to see the dub of this on Monday. I want to see how PUSA handles Butch's voice.

I worked my whole schedule around this episode. xD I rarely watch the pokemon anime anymore, with the exception of Chronicles, but I'll drop everything and run to the TV for a Butch and Cassidy appearance. ^o^
    animal crossing stuffs:
    Name: Stacey
    Town: Tangelo
    Fruit: Apples, Pears, Oranges, Cherries
    FC: 4597 3797 6086

This episode was pretty good. It was good to see Pikachu free itself for once. At first, I actually thought TR was going to split up for good, but after looking through the spoilers, it changed my mind. It was good to see Butch and Cassidy in the animei instead of the chronicles, although I'm not too crazy about their new voices. Prof. Namba's quick appearance was funny. It was kind of disappointing that Butch doesn't spazz when someone mispronounces his name. IMO, that actually made him a funny character. It was hilarious when Butch messed up the motto with Jessie as well as TR's moment was killed by Rhydon's Horn Attack.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Well, the dub has some differences from the Japanese version that I wish weren't there, but I still like this episode. I like Cassidy's new voice. It's way different from the original but better than her first replacement. Except at the times when she kind of sounded like an old lady. Houn-DOUR's name is now Houn-DOOR again but I don't really care that much. Butch's voice sounds just about the same to me. Is there a ship for Butch/Jesse? I think there should be one. Not the greatest ship, but I still like that scene in the back hallway after Jesse kicks the extinguisher. I thought it was funny when Jesse started ranting about Cassidy and Butch thought Jesse was talking about herself. I find it kind of annoying how characters who have never seen Butch and Cassidy before magically know who they are. They did it with Tracey and Richie, now May and Max.I really liked how the trainers fought off off all the grunts in the mini-war that broke out. There hasn't been something like that since "Battle Aboard the St. Anne". When the grunts ran from the building I was thinking, "How in the hell were there THAT many grunts in that building?"

Rating: 7/10
    Last edited by Nyami; 5th December 2006 at 3:57 AM.

Kinda wish TR was truly gone for good.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Max is a friggin genius, he knows peoples names through psychic powers!

EDIT: Seeing RHydon in action gets me pumped for it's evo's appearance!

Seriously, I was thinking "When the hell did Max meet B&C?" Ash can't remember what a Flygon is, yet Max can remember people he's never before seen in his life?

I would seriously laugh myself to death if anyone actually complained about Nanba's voice (for obvious reasons).
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Seriously, I was thinking "When the hell did Max meet B&C?" Ash can't remember what a Flygon is, yet Max can remember people he's never before seen in his life?
    I was thinking the same thing about Max too. How the hell he knew his name?

This episode was enteratining, I managed to catch it since my favorite show on FOX wasn't on today.

I was hoping Team Rocket wasn't gonna break out for good, but if they did, then where will the comedy come from. Of course they won't stay mad at each other.

The whole fake tournament was smart, too bad Cassidy and Butch ain't smart since they are in a way I see it dumber then Jessie and James.

ANd to add, the voices were better than usual or its just me...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast