Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Ole' Berate & Switch! (452)

Honestly i thought it was worse than it would be its still deserving a 6.5/10 but still it could have been better but Butch and Cassedy were good to see in BF when Max said "OMG its B & C" (heh that rymed) I was like oh i musta missed a B & C ep or something like that..aparently by the last few posts looks like they have never met...i loved then sentimental moment between TR then all of a sudden Rhydon Horn Attack XDDDDDDDDD

Quote Originally Posted by SOS! Its Not Healthy.. View Post
    The whole fake tournament was smart, too bad Cassidy and Butch ain't smart since they are in a way I see it dumber then Jessie and James.
    B&C were actually pretty smart pre-Hoso.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Smart how...they still cant fully do a good job when ash gets just like Messy and Lames...lol...anyways thats more a Sucess ratio more than intellegence

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    B&C were actually pretty smart pre-Hoso.
    Yeah, they were, but they caught the Jessie and James syndrome of not pulling off their plan when Ash and co is around. But look at them now, not so great in plotting as they used to.

I've said it before and I will say it again. James and Butch can never win with Cassidy and Jessie. Well pretty good episode. Butch's voice doesn't sound horrible and it isn't annoying as the first. AND THEREFORE IT DOES NOT SUCK! Before, he sounded like a bullfrog. Now with an episode with all four of the rocket members, you know there were a lot of funny lines. And of course the Butch name screw-ups were funnier than the ones on the Chronicles. I just loved it when Cassidy called Namba, Samba. Cassidy's new voice has gotten on my nerves at first. But during the first commercial, I had to remind myself of Cassidy's former voices so it didn't bother me.

ONE MORE THING!!! Butch and Cassidy weren't in any of the episodes in Hoenn right? Because during that time, they were in Kanto causing havoc around my sexy love.

SO HOW DOES MAX KNOW ABOUT THEM! That annoying little twit has never met Butch and Cassidy and doesn't know what they look like. So how the hell could he know?

*rantrantrant*

And that is all.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Is it just me or is Professor Nanba's Voice Actor Dean Galloway, the same one who does the voice of Dr. Wily on MegaMan: Powered Up? And as for how Max knew about Cassidy & Butch, Ash and Brock may have told May & Max about them, so they're well learned about them, even though they'll keep forgetting Butch's name. I mean, if they ever do a SECOND series of Chronicles, then maybe some of those episodes will revolve around May & Max, and their Johto Contest Adventures. And maybe a special taking place in Orre would be created, with Team Snaggem and their betters, the evil group known as Cipher.
    Last edited by YoshiAngemon; 5th December 2006 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Needed to add more to the message.
    It's been too long since I've been here.

The only thing that bothered me was the constant references to the importance of Poke Balls. Was it like that in the original or did it make more sense by noting the Pokemon INSIDE the balls were being stolen? Or are Poke Balls really that expensive and valuable to warrant stealing on their own?
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Cassidy has contracted a severe case of valley-girl syndrome, and Butch's expensive voice lessons have finally started to pay off. Max has never met Butch and Cassidy in his life, and this is why he pronounced Butch's name correctly. xD

Seriously...B&C's voices really annoyed me at first, because Cassidy's was too high and blonde and Butch's was not raspy enough, but I think I got used to them fast enough. The episode had some really good lines, and then some not so good ones...

And WTF? Cassidy wasn't even close to the mark on Butch's name (Patch? Ponch? Well...at least there's five letters...), and she's his partner!! I think it's funny that people who aren't normally around Butch can't seem to get his name right, but as Butch said, " That girl's known me forever", and it's especially annoying because in earlier episodes like Pikachu Re-volts and The Breeding Center Secret she got his name right all the time.

Perhaps she's just playing with him.

But anyways, I'd give this episode a 7.5/10. I've seen much better Butch and Cassidy episodes...but this one wasn't bad.
    animal crossing stuffs:
    Name: Stacey
    Town: Tangelo
    Fruit: Apples, Pears, Oranges, Cherries
    FC: 4597 3797 6086

This was a great episode... Now to comment on the voices...

Butch: In the beginning, I thought he sounded EXACTLY the same, but later, I noticed a slight difference from his old voice.

Cassidy: Doesn't sound ANYTHING like her old voice. Her old voice was better on her, though.

Nanba: Sounded EXACTLY the same. Of course, he had only one line, so that wasn't a true judge.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Seriously, I was thinking "When the hell did Max meet B&C?" Ash can't remember what a Flygon is, yet Max can remember people he's never before seen in his life?

After reading these posts, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who questioned that.

I found it funny how Corphish got all this battling in, and will we even see it anymore now?

*off to the voice thread to comlain again*
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Butch and Cassidy were a little dumber in this one, if you ask me, but the mottos were so funny, lol

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Haha this one was a funny one! If only we had the old voices for Casidy and Butch. Butch just didn't get into it enough. Now it's Come on Biff...the names butch, Other than Come on Biff...THE NAMES IS BUTCH DIDN'T YOU HERE THE MOTO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    Nanba: Sounded EXACTLY the same. Of course, he had only one line, so that wasn't a true judge.
    Maybe because...IT'S THE SAME ACTOR!?! Who'd've thought?

Zoppi's a permanent part of the cast now. Ever wonder why New Meowth sounds a lot like Nanba every now and then?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    Haha this one was a funny one! If only we had the old voices for Casidy and Butch. Butch just didn't get into it enough. Now it's Come on Biff...the names butch, Other than Come on Biff...THE NAMES IS BUTCH DIDN'T YOU HERE THE MOTO!!!
    Not really... He said

"The name is butch moron!"

which made mo lol

Whee!! Lookit mee!! x3 I'm responding! And I'm PRETTY SURE that it's obvious that I've like.. NEVER posted anything in this forum n.n;

Anyway, the ep. Whee.

Butch and Cassidy are my absolute favorite characters. So.. I was kinda looking forward to this ep. Of course, though.. with the new VAs, I kinda had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. And as the seconds came closer and closer to Butch's appearance, they only got worse.

And then, there it was, Butch's voice.

^^; I felt way beyond extreme disappointment.
    But I held out for Cassidy's voice. Maybe her's would be oka-.. nope. Not at all.

u_u; As far as I'm concerned, those two body snatchers last night were NOT Butch and Cassidy.... and I can never accept the new VAs for their voices.

They killed my favorite characters >>;

... And now I'm off to rewrite and redub the eppie for my animation class ^^

Blonde hair= valley girl?

Apparently so for Cassidy.

Butch has been dead....since 4kids touched him.

There is a voice thread for a reason, people. Go do your pointless whining in there.

Liked the ep in Japanese, like it in the dub. Good dialogue, plot was a nice change, PUSA seems to be getting a handle on the sense of humor we're used to hearing.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

How were the new voices for Cassidy and Butch? BTW, was the dub itself even better?

Im glad that this episode was with Brock noticing that the fake Nurse Joy was ahhh....? Fake. lol! I would have been mad if he wouldnt of noticed that because then he wouldnt of been the real brock. You all should know what I mean. This episode was also very good with Ash actually battling other trainers and actually getting some training done with other people instead of just going straight for Gym battle. I laugh at Ash for struggling against the 'minor league' pokemon trainer lol Ash had a bigger advantage against that Marowak and was still struggling.

Pretty awsome how all the trainers battled it out to save there other pokemon and pwned all the Team Rocket people! Also very funny how Casidy still doesnt know her own team mates name! And kinda funny how Max always snaps Team Rockets plans lol!

An overall 9/10 Because it was a really good reunion with Casidy and Butch, all of Team Rocket and the battle with all the trainers and Team Rocket.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ram View Post
    This episode was also very good with Ash actually battling other trainers and actually getting some training done with other people instead of just going straight for Gym battle. I laugh at Ash for struggling against the 'minor league' pokemon trainer lol Ash had a bigger advantage against that Marowak and was still struggling.
    I don't see how getting hit by a few attacks can be called "struggling," especially when he still beat them all with just one of his pokemon. Also, there's no reason to think they were all "minor league" trainers.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

How did Max know who Butch and Cassidy were? Has he met them before?

Hmm Butch and Cassidy weren't as menacing as they used to be, in the older episodes they used to be a lot superiour to Jessie and James...but now they've kind of sunk to their level, just with a better plan. Oh well, the episode was good anyway. Oh, the motto was hilarious. Pies and white gloves? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    How did Max know who Butch and Cassidy were? Has he met them before?
    Just think about all the travelling time the gang has had. We've seen hints on several occasions that they talk to each other about things that happened before they met or while they were separated. No doubt May and Max have heard stories from Ash and Brock about B&C.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Geodude is right, May and Max already knew about Misty before she personally met them. Ash and Brock could've said something about B&C too.

I've missed the dub . But I'll try to catch the rerun. I like how Corphish fights a Marowak and Pinser in this episode though!

ok how did max know about butch???????? and thya OVERUSED the whole forgetting butches name. how come james said he was butch. i might comment again.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast