Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG IDEAS - Share your thoughts here

Yup and that why I have such a hard time writing fic... A keep on getting another idea for another one while I'm trying to write just one.

Yes it is... four different creatures from games and tv shows. Dragon Warrior Monster is the last world... it kind of like pokemon in a way minus the evolving and throwing devices to capture them. The creatures in this world are called Monsters. Instead trying to capture the monster you have to befriend it by giving it food(Which I think is a much better way then in just throwing a ball at a free pokemon and then making it do what you want). The monster can breed with any other specie of monster which in a way is a good thing because the baby gets attacks from both of its parents... That enough about the Dragon Warrior Monster for now...

Anyway they are meeting on a different alien like world, they don't just battle one another they have other things like racing which will require the fastest running or flyer in the group. The reason I have to push them into a doing varies task is because it possible they wouldn't want to fight or something else or they won't give it their all. So they need a little motivation to keep at them at top quality.
    Last edited by InnerFlame; 3rd July 2006 at 1:23 AM.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

Basically, the erect pokemon would be "humans" and the four legged ones would be more like animals. The legendaries would probably be like, um, um, good question. I'm not really sure, as this was just an idea.

Also, think of Poke Wars as more of a similar world to Star Wars, but with different groups. The Galactican Knights instead of Jedi Knights and the Android Revolution Coalition instead of the CIS. Pokemon on each side would depend upon what planet they are from. Republic clones are cloned from Galactican knights, so whatever species of knight they were clone from they would be. CIS droids would just be droids I guess, and the droid commanders would be pokemon. Planets, except for mega-city ones, would have a native species of pokemon. Or, if they were colonized, they would have a variety of them.

Inner Flame: I LOVE that idea!! I like neopets and pokemon AND digimon so its an awsome idea........Would we be able to pick any neopet, like my favorite.....ZAFARA!!

Yes you can but you have to remember he got be good at something like he fast/good fighter or he will be pretty useless in the competitions.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation

I might not be making it anytime soon, but I have too many ideas in my head and have to put them down. It is a kind of crossover that contains charaters dpending on what you sign up as.

Long, long ago, this race, the metrolites (I don't know..) were an intelligent race with all the technology and such. but an evil alien race came to destroy trhem and steal their technology to become the most advance race ever.

Well, eventually the Metro guys figure that there, well, doomed, so they create a special dimension teleporter that will, one day bring up these warriors form other dimensions to get rid of the aliens, they then hid it in a place it could never be found, to be afe.

The aliens learned of this amd new that once that thing activated, they'd stand no chance, and because they couldn't find their teleporter, they created their own teleporter that would seek outt he eavilest beings and even make their inner evil come out more. This would be made to activate at the same time the other did,

SO, what the sign-uppers would do would thaat htey take the place of a warrior in the future, good or evil, that have been brought up once the two races had faded away. They are basically any cartoon/anime characters, good, or evil of their chioce. For those characters who don't really have abilities, ll 'warriors' are given special armor that gives them strenght, weapons, ya know, the works.

I could go into more detail, but how's it look?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine Royale
    KatieKitten, I meant pokemon INSTEAD of humans and aliens.
    In that case, I like the idea. XD

Floating over your rocky spine
    The glaciers made you and now you're mine

Pair: duncan | Lyrics: Great Lake Swimmers

Okay let me get this straight... aliens created a teleporter that can take people from different dimensions and bring them to their world, evil aliens caught word of it and search for the well hidden device but fail, they decide to make their own that will take evil people from other dimensions and the balance of good and evil is disturb... That sounds about right?

Does video game characters count?[I don't watch too many cartoons and/or read anime.]

It sound like an interesting idea but... I have a very hard time staying in character with people who already have personality...
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation

InnerFlame, you have it about right. And when it comes to Video Game characters- I guess it really depends on how much of a character they have already, I mena personality.

Oh ,and just realized, it wasn ot the aliens who created the first teleporter, it was the home race who made it first.

Well, this was an idea I posted in a similar topic on another forum. As I have received no comments yet there, I'm willing to try and start roleplaying here again.

The Eight Angels
    [title to be changed ; a Digimon idea by Melodrama]

In the beginning, there was nothing...a blank void known as Chaos. Almost immaculate, however, emerged three shafts of light from the center of this nothing, in yellow, red, and a dark purple close to black. The trails these goddesses had left behind them created the cosmos. The yellow was Fancumon, now known as The Maiden; Mčremon, or The Mother, was the fiery crimson light; Dark violet was known as Stregamon, or The Crone. Together, they had divided the cosmos into two planes; these were the physical and astral planes. In the physical realm, there were many mortals who had lived mainly independent lives; the astral realm consisted of the heavens, where the humanoid goddesses bestowed judgement onto the fate of those departed from the physical realm. The main connections were found by believers in magic and prayer, and a world full of fantastic happenings, now known as the Digital World by some.

Predetermined, however, was that to everything, there was an imperfection. In the cases of the trinity creating the two planes, demons were born. These demons plagued the minds of mortals, humanoid and animalistic alike. These birthed the different beliefs and faiths, as well as warfare. Curiosity and doubtfulness in their creations caused the goddesses to bestow the worst forms of death into the mortals. However, later on, Stregamon had given beliefs to her faithful believers out of regret for her punishment. These were virtues that the believers lived upon and related to, and were later forged into symbols as crests. They were Courage, Friendship, Love, Knowledge, Reliability, Sincerity, and Hope. Later on, however, Nirvana, or Light, was created, believed to be the result of following these virtues throughout one's life.

However, little to the knowledge of the goddesses, the demons had thrived off of the negativity in the world. After the first innocent death of a child claimed by warfare, the demons had taken his body and soul and revived him as what represented the first angel. Dubbed Lucemon by his "creators," the young boy was immediately placed as their leader, and grew off of the negativity in the world. Learning the natural art of the darkness, Lucemon eventually gathered mortal followers, and a secret war in the human world began. Victorious, Lucemon stepped into the temple holding the eight crests, tainting them into his own version of the virtues. They were Wrath, Envy, Lust, Gluttony, Sloth, Pride, Greed, and Sadness, the unfortunate result of what many believed were caused by the goddesses bestowing torment onto them.

Even though this leg of history was forgotten, Lucemon still had believers across the mortal and Digital Worlds. He even saw a point in history where eight children met his specific expectations. As a result, he experimented until he found a way to bring these humans into the Digital World to train them before beginning a crusade against the goddesses...

Autumn in the year 2006. Many desire for school to already be over with, and you are among them. After school on a fine October day, you figure that it'd be best to actually try and walk home. Enjoying the life of your town of residence, you suddenly stop to wonder about what has been happening to you. After having learned about some imperfection about you connecting to the seven deadly sins, you wonder if people pointing out a flaw in you is truly out of honesty. Shrugging your shoulders, you continue your walk home, until you are somehow at a small, somewhat abandoned café, seven others around you. Wondering what had brought the eight of you here, you all step inside.

Inside this store, many things relating to the new age and occult meet your eyes. Almost mesmerized, you are caught in wondering about this before the voice of an old woman stops you.

"Oh, my dears..." she speaks. "Care for some coffee or something to lighten your weary spirits?" Agreeing, you are handed a warm cup of the brewed liquid, each of the eight mugs somehow a different color. Taking a sip, you all look around, before you suddenly start to feel a difference about you. After this, all eight of you faint, feeling as if your souls were being torn from your bodies.

Awakening, you all are still together, but now inside an abandoned, medieval church. A different prescence seems to surround you, as your clothing, and maybe even minor parts of your physical appearance, had changed. Wondering about, you all seem to be met by the same thing - a talking beast carrying a device somewhat resembling a cellular phone. From these beasts you learn about why you have been brought from the physical realm, and feel pressured into agreeing to go with your dark fate. Some will fight it, while others would agree to do the bidding of this "Lucemon." Whatever the case is, you can only tell that there will be a great change in your life after this experience...

What a very interesting idea! Digimon RPG where you can be evil if you want. But it lead me to this how will your digimon evolve if you have one of these dark crest if you try to resist it? I really can't see someone begin Gluttony in a middle of an battle... Also does that mean that the digimon at we use are viral? Will they obey even if we refuse to follow Lucemon?

Anyway it a great idea I would join that for sure(Just need to find a good Digidex).
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation

Ragnarok's Coming: The Quest For The Yggdrasil Bow

Nice title 'ey?

It's not very simple. Okay it is and isn't. In it, Ragnarok's come. The spirits of those who died in it's coming have changed into various forms, based around Nordic legend. There are a few main races:

Dragons: Humans who were hideously deformed. They typically wear clunky armour and long, covering robes to hide their now disgusting form. From the back of their heads a tail emerges, typically ending with a stinger. They also have leathery bat wings. My character, Nidhogg, is one.

Wolves: They are mostly humanoid, but wear wolf pelts. The reason for this is their true forms are giant wolves with eerry yellow eyes. The NPC Fenrir is their leader.

Serpents: Speaks for itself, you're a giant snake. An example would be Yormungarde, the Midgard Zolom.

Warrior: You're basically still human, but you have to be a nordic warrior who died a heroic death and went to Valhalla, thus avoiding the transformation.

They are the races you can be. The other two races are gods and titans, but they're strictly NPCs.

The main plot is that when Ragnarok came, an accident happened. Yggdrasil was destroyed. All that was left was three branches, which were carved into a bow and arrow, called the Yggdrasil Bow and The Arrow Of Salvation. The RPGers have three choices. Fight for the Titans, seeking to take over the new world, fight for the Gods, seeking to maintain their relatively normal rule over the world, or seek the Yggdrasil Bow, and then bring around the new world the way want to.

The plot revolves around facing Titans, Gods and other beings in a quest to basically recreate the world.

An example sign up is:

Name: Nidhogg
    Race: Dragon
    History: A teenage boy died too early. Killed, under unknown circumstances. Then Ragnarok came. When Yggdrasil fell, Nidhogg, the dragon who lay beneath it, was nearly killed. The boy's spirit met the dragon, and Nidhogg absorbed it, hoping to restore his own life. However, a new one was created instead...
    Personality: Nidhogg is an enigma. Beneath his black armour and white robes, no-one knows what lies. Is he still human underneath it? The tail and wings speak otherwise. He is generally silent, always staring into the sky, looking for something. He seeks the Yggdrasil Bow, because he hopes it will bring about a world with the answers he wants. Just who is he really? Dragon, or human? He rarely speaks. In battle, he protects the others, and rarely attacks untl the enemy draws too close, where in which he strikes like a beast possessed.
    Description: A tall creature, Nidhogg's build is clunky. He wears a large black helmet, which resembles a short snouted dragon head. His head appears to be in his shoulders, as his shoulder guards are attached to his helmet. From the back of his helmet, a long black tail with a huge, sharp stinger emerges. His wings are wide and big, and can carry him on the black, leathery skin stretched between the finges. Between his black armour, white, tattered robes emerge. His right hand's armour forms into a large claw, with a small hand in the middle. His other hand's armour forms into a large, pitch black shield made of onyx, diamond and black steel. His eyes are an eerily light blue and shine from within his helmet's depths.
    Abilities: He can breath a black flame, and his stinger is immensly powerful. he can fly, and easily deflect head on moves with his shield. He seems to be able to drains energy from living beings by touching them with his right hand, and owing to the claw around it, this move is usually certain destruction.
    Pair Up: Shadowfaith, mess with her, mess with me.
    Old Name: Shiny Flygon

Evidently, I'm back.

Yggdrasil is a tree? What make Yggdrasil so great and/or powerful?

Fight for the Titans, seeking to take over the new world, fight for the Gods, seeking to maintain their relatively normal rule over the world, or seek the Yggdrasil Bow, and then bring around the new world the way want to.
    May I ask why the Titans wamt to take over the world? How exactly does this bow and arrow change the world anyway?

This is a unique RPG though I'm a bit confuse... I think many people would like this because it's something new...
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation

Quote Originally Posted by InnerFlame
    What a very interesting idea! Digimon RPG where you can be evil if you want. But it lead me to this how will your digimon evolve if you have one of these dark crest if you try to resist it? I really can't see someone begin Gluttony in a middle of an battle... Also does that mean that the digimon at we use are viral? Will they obey even if we refuse to follow Lucemon?

Anyway it a great idea I would join that for sure(Just need to find a good Digidex).
    Well, I probably should've clarified this in my post, too, but somehow, I had in mind that some of the lesser crests on the hierarchy of sins (i.e. sadness, etc) aren't truly evil, but are still considered evil for being the embodiement of their sin. The same applies for their Digimon, where they can be Vaccine or Data as well as Virus, so those on the lesser parts of the sin hierarchy would at least obey their Chosen Child; however, the higher up, the more likely it is to sway towards evil.

Although for Gluttony, I'm still undecisive about that. I'd see it as a mix of Lust for desiring things such as knowledge (not just food), and maybe Wrath for the bitterness of an unfulfilled craving.

I was thinkin about making a Pirates of the Carribean RPG-- it would be a guess of the third movie, but in RPG form. Well, here it is (I'm going to add a LOT more to the plot if I actually make it)...
    Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Everything in the pirate world has gone wrong for a certain group of pirates. Davy Jones is still very much alive, as well as his beast, the Krahken (some call it Kraken). If someone would stab his heart, he would die, but there would be nobody to control the Krahken. What would the Krahken do, then? It would destroy every ship at the sea, every boat on open water. The most sensible thing to do would be to kill the Krahken somehow, of course, but it is impossible to find out where it is, as it can travel incredibly fast. And Davy Jone's heart is being controlled by someone who doesn't even know much about the Krahken, and wouldn't be able to kill it-- Commodor Norrington.

Another thing wrong is that Captain Barbossa is back, and the group of pirates-- they consist of the Black Pearl's crew , William Turner, and Elizabeth Swann-- do not know to trust them or not, as he and his crew tried to kill them not too long ago, when the Curse of the Black Pearl plagued him and his crew.

And who is it to blame for all of this?

Captain Jack Sparrow. He is presumed dead by his crew after the Krahken destroyed his ship, and possibly him.

Now the crew is off to try and save him, get Davy Jones' heart back, kill the Krahken, kill Davy Jones, save Bootstrap Bill (Will's father), find out what Barbossa is up to, and most of all, restore everything back to normal.

But is it possible?

~~~~
    Here's what the sign-ups would be like:

Name: (Try and make it not so modern)
    What you are: (You could be on the Black Pearl's crew, on the Flying Dutchman's crew, in the army, a civilian, or even on the old Black Pearl's crew with Barbossa!)
    Personality: (What your character is like)
    Description: (Alright, if you're on The Flying Dutchman's crew, you have to be some sort of ugly thing, covered in seaweed, ect. If you're on the Black Pearl's old or new crew, you're a pirate, so try to look pirate-y, if you're in the army, have some sort of uniform, and if you're a civilian, try to look like people looked it the 1700s.)
    History: (how you joined your ship if you're a pirate; if you're a civilian or in the army, you could write anything you wanted, but it can't seem modern)
    Weapon: (Only for pirates, crew of the Flying Dutchman, and the army; you can have guns, swords, anything like that)

I would be playing as characters such as Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann, Captain Barbossa, his monkey (heh), Gibbs, Davy Jones, the Krahken, Commodor Norrington, and the Governor.

~Bishie: Cubone~ Song: Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park~Game Character: Brendan~Show: The Whitest Kids U'Know~Banner/Sister: AngelLatias~

. : K u r i s u .::. K e l i k e : .
    . R . I . P .

I kinda like this idea.......I have to say that I wouldnt sign up for it but I know for a fact tons of the other dudes wil!!

To answer InnerFlame, the entire thing's based off Nordic legend. Yggdrasil's the tree of life, which connects the heavens, Earth, and the hells. The Titans seek to dominate the world as revenge for their eternal suppression by the Gods. The Yggdrasil bow itself is enigmatic in it's ways. How it works not even Odin knows, but being made from the great tree Yggdrasil, one of the main things that was supposed to survive Ragnarok in the prophecy has embued it with the tree's power.

I know have a lot of stuff to add in. That was just a first draft, to get the ideas down and see if it was worth continuing.

When I do make the RPG I'll probably give a link to something on Nordic mythology.
    Pair Up: Shadowfaith, mess with her, mess with me.
    Old Name: Shiny Flygon

Evidently, I'm back.

Nylf: Facing Gods, Titans and other beings in a quest to recreate the world? Sounds scary ^^

May Maple: You love Pirates of the Carribean eh? LOL! I just love pirates full stop! I like the idea of it being a sequel to the second movie. It sounds pretty good, but would you of had to watched the first two movies or not? And do you have to have alot of knowledge of pirates and their ships? 'Cause I know nothing about how the ships actually work.

Click my banner for my Deviantart Gallery!
    Riza Hawkeye is my (and not anyone else's) Bishie!
    Bandana/D-E-F/Tula-Riza Hawk/Finola
    [Credit for the Banner goes to Darkrukario]

Bandana: You don't have to have seen the movies, because you should know what they're about after you read the summary.
    Nah, you don't really have to know much about them, just the basics. Like you should know there's an underdeck, and captain's quarters, and an anchor, stuff like that.

~Bishie: Cubone~ Song: Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park~Game Character: Brendan~Show: The Whitest Kids U'Know~Banner/Sister: AngelLatias~

. : K u r i s u .::. K e l i k e : .
    . R . I . P .

§ĺmμrĺď Lďń˘đlń Guest

Gates Of Darkness

Story

This takes place in present time, but our story starts back many generations, back when there was slim to none recorded history. North America is covered by different regions, controlled by clans. The residents of these clans thrive on their combat skills, and skillful magic abilities. Each clan represents an element: Fire Clan, Water Clan, Thunder Clan, Metal Clan, Rock Clan, Nature Clan, Ice Clan, Wind Clan, Shadow Clan, and Celestial Beings. These Clans have always had difficulties getting along, especially Shadow. Each clan has their own God that represents their element. The Gods have similar relationships that the clans have.

All of the clans were in a war, mostly because of the aggressive acts of Shadow Clan, and their continuous invasion attempts. Worried that one day they could succeed, the clans hastily started to invade each, for more territory, and supplies. The Water Clan, and Nature Clan, being reasonable, called a stop to these useless attacks. They proposed an alliance to the others, and instead of attacking each other, head for the main source of the problems, Shadow Clan.

The Shadow Clan, was always aware of the chance of an alliance. To make sure no clans planned assaults on their territory. One of their loyal spies caught wind of this plan, and told the Leaders of Shadow Clan about it. Unable to defeat all nine of their opponents at once, pleaded to their God for support. Not wanting his people to perish, Gave the warlords of Shadow’s army immense power, and invulnerability, as well as an undead army of all the casualties of previous battles. To make sure this war was quick and successful, the Shadow God created a series of Gates that traveled through the Shadow Realm, his domain into all of the Clans mainly populated areas.

Oracles from all regions knew this could end the war easily. With a magic seal from the oracles, the Gates Of Darkness were sealed in small beadlike objects known as Seeds. The Seeds were then sealed into courageous warriors from the clans. With the Seeds now in the warriors, they were also dubbed Seeds. Wanting them to be safe, the gave a second seal to another warrior. These warriors were dubbed Gatekeepers. Their main purpose was to protect the Seeds. The Shadow armies were now marching through the Shadow Realm, unaware that they would soon be locked in their forever. The Shadow God, now in a weakened state, closed the gate in Shadow Clan territory, knowing that his plans failed. All remaining Seeds were now located in warriors, with the exception of one, the Celestial Beings. Them, being easily corrupted by darkness, sealed the gate in a Seed, and hid it deep in caverns of their territory.

It is now the present day, and small amounts of people are still loyal to the old ways of the clans. The seeds still exist. They are now in the distant bloodlines of the original carriers, as well as the Gatekeepers. It is unknown to them that they are inside them. The Dark Lords, now wandering aimlessly through the Shadow Realm still exist, and are ready to cause destruction. The Shadow Clan’s new generations are now planning to release the Warlords. They have lost all faith in their god, but he hasn’t lost faith in them. He had created two secret weapons that could open any Seed, with a simple attack . Fearing the endangerment of the Earth’s population, the other Gods have tried to warn the Gatekeepers, and Seeds of the Shadow’s doings. The only way to completely remove the darkness of a Seed is to Bring it into the Celestial Gate. The Celestial Gate is similar to the Gate of Darkness, but leads to the Holy Plain instead to the Shadow Realm. Only one Celestial Seed exists, and is lost. It might not even exist.

I still have to finish explaining everything else. The clans, magic, weapons, the map.

Samurai Lincoln: I like that idea so far, and I have no immediate questions. After you finish everything else on it, I will most likely join. I'm a sucker for those ancient-modern plots...

Now, for a couple of my rough drafts. One is Lord of the Rings, and the other will be based on the fifth pokemon movie.

Note that this is just to get the main ideas out to see if anyone bites. It is by no means what will go up for an actual thread. Also, at least some knowledge is going to be required of The Silmarillion.

- It is the Year 567 of the Fourth Age of Middle Earth
    - Melkor has had three Ages to exact his revenge, and has come back from that fancy void place that I will have to re-read to find
    - Iluvatar has shown the Valar what is up, and after much debate, they have reconnected the Undying Land to the World. There reasoning is so they and the elves can fight, and no matter what, Melkor would find Valinor again.
    - Melkor has risen Numenor to take it, thus renewing what Sauron accomplished.
    - You pick a race, and we all go off to fight the bad guys in what is shaping up to be the biggest battle since the World was bent. Oorah!!

Now, the other one, and a little simpler.

Everyone knows of the Legend of Altomare, the two Guardians will use the Soul Dew and save the city. But, what most to not know is that the humble city of Altomare is also home to a much greater power.

Enter the Life Crystal (Ouch at the name, I need sleep and suggestions, but mostly sleep). Buried a quarter of a mile below the center of the city lies a jewel of unspeakable power, or so the tales tell. It is said that the holder of this jewel will command the very energy of life, making them immortal, and giving them power to control it as well. It is also said that this crystal accounts for the long lives of the eon pokemon, Latios and Latias. What common sense tells, though, is that where the power of world domination lies, Team Rocket will be there as well.

Now, one might wonder how an organization of ne'er-do-wells such as the Rockets came upon such guarded information. One unlucky fisherman who dreged up an ancient tile holds that information.

Giovanni himself was flying over the city with a look of disgust on his face when a slender beam of light popped into the sky. He ordered his pilot to land, and activated the floats. Needless to say the fisherman decided to keep his life and handed the tablet over to him...

The keepers of the Legend, Bianca Montaire (not sure if that's true or right. If nothing says then that's what I'll go with) and Lorenzo Montaire were given word of it through none other than the very first Guardians. And then in turn sent word to the League Headquarters in all three countries. From there the Twelve gathered all the capable trainers they had ever had the pleasure of battling. Team Rocket would not touch that city again.

Corny eh? You are one of the said uber trainers, or you can choose to be a Rocket. Canon spots will most likely be open for Lati@s, but only given to exceptional RPers. If anyone wants to break the mold and make a different character, they can go ahead, as long as it's good.

Okay, harass, I mean, critique away! *gets fire extinguisher*

I recently had an idea for an RPG which has since begun to grow quite rapidly into what I am considering hosting here. The idea adds in a lot of new or creative ideas that I've come up with, so I'd like to express them here to see if such an RPG would still be allowed to be posted here.

My idea is, generally, being called an "rpG", which uses a capitalized "G" to emphasize more gaming in the role-play. This doesn't suggest that the expected role-playing would be any less, but that I wish to add an extra level of gaming into the role-play.

Throughout the RPG, I intend to uses pictures to illustrate characters, enemies, battle, environments, etc. These pictures won't be particularly detailed, but I'd like to go through with it anyway. Using this system allows me to create a crayon and marker illustrated "sprite" of each character, as well as villains, and hence leading into battle as well.

Here is were my first question comes in, is posting pictures frequently in an RPG allowed? I think that doing so adds an extra dimension to the RPG, creating a visual aid as well as detailed descriptions, while alos providing a humorous contrast to a sometimes highly tense situation through an undetailed drawing.

Because of the mixing of visuals, role-playing, and game simulating battle, the "rpG" is formed. This doesn't suggest that it will be stat based though; it won't be.

As for the plot, it will be something of a magical adventure. The character's play as magicians. This doesn't mean everyone will wield magic and be stereotypically physically weak; the term magic in this case refers to extraordinary power, which can stretch as far as wielding magic to something as simple seeming as wielding and mastering a sword.

I'm not going to reveal many plot details, as not to damage the impact of possible twists early on in the RPG, so for now, I would just like to know if I would be able to integrate my "mock art" type illustrations into an RPG permissably? I would like to do so, but if it's dissallowed, I'll end work on this project. Thank you for your assistance.
    minimalist "poem"
    of my sig
    dans drei colores

. . . [FB Squad] . . . [PC] . . . ****ade List] . . .

Rey Guest

Smile Idea

My idea is to have an invader zim RPG,i dont know about u guys but i was thinking that we can be invaders and the plot is 2 take over planets,you can make your own invader and sir unite and u can also choose your own ship!!!!
    that was just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylf
    To answer InnerFlame, the entire thing's based off Nordic legend. Yggdrasil's the tree of life, which connects the heavens, Earth, and the hells. The Titans seek to dominate the world as revenge for their eternal suppression by the Gods. The Yggdrasil bow itself is enigmatic in it's ways. How it works not even Odin knows, but being made from the great tree Yggdrasil, one of the main things that was supposed to survive Ragnarok in the prophecy has embued it with the tree's power.

I know have a lot of stuff to add in. That was just a first draft, to get the ideas down and see if it was worth continuing.

When I do make the RPG I'll probably give a link to something on Nordic mythology.
    I am positively ecstatic that someone else out there knows about that. Ask anything about Yggdrasil, and people just say, "ZOMG, tahtz frr0m ToS!!!11" Several other names from that game originate from said legend, including Aska. *hugs wonderful bird* Thumbs up for the idea, ftw. I never really pictured anything/anyone going after something to do with it. It seems to exist in a parallel manner to other planes of being so one would imagine it could complicate things.

I have had a few ideas for RPGs, including one based off of Lunar: Dragon Song for DS. If you've ever played the game, you'll know that it was horrible with an erratic battle system, had an under-explained history, and the story line was mundane at best? Why make something from that? Exactly for what I just listed! I had a feeling that the game could have been so much better if they had actually tried, nay, great if the effort had been there. The desire to see a better ending for it planted the seeds of creation in my mind.

I had another one, a bit of a combo between Pokemon, Drakengard 2, Shadow of the Colossus, and a few other things of unknown origin. No idea if it was original or not. I'm having trouble figuring out how I'm going to make it work, though, as at a certain point it may have to turn into an update-style format. Plus, my scanner doesn't work here *curses*, so I can't upload interesting visuals that would help it to make more sense. :/ Blast.
    FC: 0946 8704 7201 | Serebii Quotes by Serpentsounds

"(...) Serebii Joe created Tangela's evolution, Tangrowth. Is that true?!?" - d.aisuke
    "but for password all i see are stars :-(" - Angeon
    "yeah aren't you like, korean or something" - Misty
    "Please don't kick me, if you do.... you will be in pain" - ANNG12
    "!gsearch idiot" - pokemon1571
    "Exxthus killed a guy by looking at him. That's how tough Exxthus is." - blazevoir

I want to make a RPG where we ARE the pokemon. It would be where we can form teams, battle others, travel, but only in some places. The only Pokemon you can't be is legendary and Lucario (Until we know if he's REALLY legendary). Are we allowed to make thosE?

Xiaolin Showdown: A Time For Dragons

Basically, I'll probably release this Xiaolin Showdown RP anyway, since I feel that the ones on this board are, in general, subpar. But I wanted thoughts. I'll be using Wikipedia a lot for the definition of Shen Gong Wu, but I'll give some character descriptions. Here's the plot:

After the battle against the Heylin Side, the Xiaolin Monks had nearly all the Shen Gong Wu, missing only 3. Jack Spicer, Chase Young, WuYa, and Hannibal Roy Bean will desperately try to regain Shen Gong Wu, but the monks are supremely confident. It is at this time that a dark force enters the Temple.

A man in black armor, calling himself Draco, invades the Xiaolin Temple, stealing many Shen Gong Wu from the monks. The monks raise a spirited defense, but Draco knows exactly which Wu to use and manages to defeat them all. He takes a number of Wu and only leaves the monks with the weakest Shen Gong Wu.

Master Fung, seeing that the current Warriors are no longer adequate for the job, opens the "Training Program" again worldwide. Now, several new warriors can come to the temple and train as the original monks did. Meanwhile, Omi, Raimundo, Kimiko, and Clay are recalled to a hidden temple where Master Monk Guan will train them to be stronger.

The Heylin Forces also grow stronger, with many new villains joining the fold.

---
    That's the basic plotline, but it will be fairly open ended. They'll be several new Wu, created by me and from suggestions sent by RP members. Xiaolin Monks can train, be promoted, and fight the forces of darkness, uncovering as they do the dark story behind Draco.

So? What do you think?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast