Thread: Fullmetal Alchemist

Default Fullmetal Alchemist

The old topic's more than a month old, so...

Chapter 59's just come out in Japan. Thoughts?

Trainer card by Pariah164 (but the Fletcher sprite is mine), and Tringham brothers doll by Yoru Ryu.

Mod on Bulbagarden Forums | Admin on Bulbapedia

yea, interesting past. want to see how Scar killed the Rockbell's

Dunno. Can someone give me a summary of it? I don't have the time to read it right now. >.>
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/dzibnn.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i43.*******.com/ixdzy0.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/331kidc.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Latest chapter:
    Last edited by Ketsuban; 27th May 2006 at 12:35 AM.

Trainer card by Pariah164 (but the Fletcher sprite is mine), and Tringham brothers doll by Yoru Ryu.

Right, I have only read a chapter or so of this, and I have been watching the anime. How close are they to each other? if at all because the anime has finished but the manga is still going.
    Wanna chat? Just add me to your msn or AIM.
    I claim Brook/ Gentelman Skeleton in the Bishie thread (version 3.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kez
    Right, I have only read a chapter or so of this, and I have been watching the anime. How close are they to each other? if at all because the anime has finished but the manga is still going.
    The anime and the manga went two completely different directions just like Trigun did. The manga has mcuh deeper and suspenseful story and more new characters. Vol 6 I believe is when it starts to diversed from one another.

Cool. So it is like getting 2 different versions of a similar story? Well, I think that the anime is great. I have yet to read the manga.

Doies anyone know if there are plans for it to be published in the UK? I really want to read it.

I haven't heard about it in the UK but I can look into that, Kez. ^^

I have two issues of the manga, but I haven't read much of it at all. The anime is great and that's what I've seen all the way through.
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

IMHO, Manga > ANime this time. The anime is good, but I like the plot and looks of thne Manga better.
    Hooray for college
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/25qu35g.png[/IMG]
    WRP: Here comes DAREDEVIL! Johto 2010
    GOLD Ripped by yours truley
    Transparent by the grace of Luke Groundwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
    IMHO, Manga > ANime this time. The anime is good, but I like the plot and looks of thne Manga better.
    Same here.

Plus, I think we'll get at least (somewhat) of a bit happier ending. xD

Cool. So it is like getting 2 different versions of a similar story? Well, I think that the anime is great. I have yet to read the manga.

Doies anyone know if there are plans for it to be published in the UK? I really want to read it.
    Just order them online from the US. ;o

Hm, I should really read the manga. I've read only the first few volumes, and it seemed pretty similar to the anime, but now that TSC said they become different stories, I need to read more of the manga. D:

-Fatal

Well, I cant order from online, so I do not think i can do that.

I think that it sounds very interesting if the story splits. Does anyone know how many volumes there have been planned to be released?

Quote Originally Posted by =Atticus=
    Just order them online from the US. ;o

Hm, I should really read the manga. I've read only the first few volumes, and it seemed pretty similar to the anime, but now that TSC said they become different stories, I need to read more of the manga. D:

-Fatal
    Well yea, I mean the manga is still continueing right now so yea its gets different.

The whole Homoculus deal is way different from the anime perpective, especially Envy's transformation.

To Kez: Well so far I believe 14 volumes are out in Japan, and the latest chapter is 58.

I like Ling and Ran Fan in the manga. they are just so funny. but there are major differences, like how the homunculi were created and so on, and even their bosses.

if you are interested, i have a site that has chapters 1-58 so far loaded.
    go to Readmanga.com

I've read most of it there, but i still buy the volumes
    You know, sometimes I think this whole dang world is crazy, except for me and you, and I am starting to wonder about you.

Credits to STAR-Girl for the KAWAI chibi XD001

Bishie: Auron. (gotta love the cool types with awesome swords)

Yeah, the anime is good, but manga is better 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Saffire Persian
    Plus, I think we'll get at least (somewhat) of a bit happier ending. xD
    I hope so XD
    Last edited by Prominn; 2nd June 2006 at 1:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
    I agree to that.

Yeah, I'm hoping for the manga to have a happier ending then the anime. Oo;;; I'm REALLY hoping.

Yeah, I've read the latest chapters off the manga. I'm going to run off now. ^^;; *walks away before he starts posting too much FMA information. XD*

Is it just me, or are the mange always better than the anime? Storylinewise.
    I have since retired from SPPF and its debate forums. I still love you guys and girls there! I might pop back time to time now.

PsiUmbreon, you go man!

Quote Originally Posted by undisputed_seraphim
    for the majority: yes. Mainly cause the manga is the original source and able to play out many things the author wants. Where anime, the have restrictions and setups the have to follow. Time is also another issue for animation.

there are rare exception where anime is better than manga.

Can't believe that I haven't posted in this new thread yet... Anyway, expect for the newest chapter to be out in less than a week. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by undisputed_seraphim
    When it comes to adaptions of manga to anime, yes, for about ninety-nine percent of them out there.

Quote Originally Posted by That Scary Clefairy
    there are rare exception where anime is better than manga.
    Elfen Lied had a manga to anime adaption where it went from fan service, awful art, and bad characters to a great deal less of fan service, simplistic but very refined animation, and understandable, sympathetic characters (although there were some moments where the reactions were... not believable). Though, the plot seems more focused in the manga than the anime, but that's probably just because of length.

It all essentially comes down to adaptions. Berserk is better in the manga simply because it explains more, it doesn't cut out characters and plots, it has more material, and simply because while the animation was rather muggy at times in the anime, Miura's art work is some of the best that you can find in a manga series. Same way with Trigun/Trigun Maximum. Then, you have original anime series like FLCL, Vision of Escaflwone, and Neon Genesis Evangelion where they are essentially adapted to manga form, and they're complete crap.

(Yes, TSC, I will never stop b*tching about what Sadamoto did to the characters in his adaption of Anno's work. Realize that. ;D)

in the moment of ultra-light
    when the fire burns black
    & each & every second in the flame
    we divide & sub-divide &
    each time a cell splits off we
    become a new flesh - a new flesh
    a new self - a new self
    into infinity

Quote Originally Posted by HellKorn
    (Yes, TSC, I will never stop b*tching about what Sadamoto did to the characters in his adaption of Anno's work. Realize that. ;D)
    I don't give a crap. :P

When it comes to FMA, I think the anime and manga are just so different it's not really fair to say one is better than the other. ^^; Please to not be making this an anime-bashing thread. It's been civil up to now, but...

Quote Originally Posted by That Scary Clefairy
    I don't give a crap. :P
    ... That's just like telling me, "Go ahead, Dave, complain about Sadamoto's b*stardization all you want." I'll remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsuban
    When it comes to FMA, I think the anime and manga are just so different it's not really fair to say one is better than the other. ^^; Please to not be making this an anime-bashing thread. It's been civil up to now, but...
    Oh, I'm not bashing the Fullmetal Alchemist anime series. I like both the manga and anime, I just simply prefer the manga. If I didn't like the anime then I wouldn't watch it, as well as collect the DVDs. Honestly, you can compare and say which one you believe to be better, but that would be pointless in the end. Just simply stating my preference and answerin' a question, yanno. ;D

in the moment of ultra-light
    when the fire burns black
    & each & every second in the flame
    we divide & sub-divide &
    each time a cell splits off we
    become a new flesh - a new flesh
    a new self - a new self
    into infinity

Just making sure. ^_^

And chapter 60's out! If you don't know where to get it, PM me.

Well, I cant order from online, so I do not think i can do that.
    You can try Forbidden Planet if there's one near you, as they tend to have quite alot of import manga available.

Anyway as for chapter 60. Is anyone other than me finding the constant focus on Hawkeye and the     Spoiler:
    beginning to feel a bit boring? I mean, it's good to get some backstory into Ishbal, but the previous chapters with Father were alot more interesting imo.
    Claims
    Bishie - Ed Elric
    Anime Song - Lost Heaven by L'Arc~En~Ciel
    Couples - Ed/Roy, Elricest, Gaara/Naruto
    Poly Ships - Roy/Ed/Al, Naruto/Gaara/Sasuke
    Game - Fatal Frame/Project Zero 2:Crimson Butterfly (PS2)
    Song - Rockstar (Jason Nevins remix) by NERD