Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Grating Spaces! (453)

Well this was an excellent epeisode for me. Not only did I see some of my favourite Pokemon like Crobat and Charizard, but BROCK STAYS WITH THE GROUP!

Hahaha, Brock the gangster rock ain't leaving yet and that makes me glad. I find it funny that the Charizard and Aggron were meant for Butch and Cassidy. Steelix looked pretty cool when fighting with Charizard. I'm going to have to save some screenshots of them fighting.

Overall it was an awsome episode. Long live Brock!

So uh, who's the Gym leader of the Pewter Gym again? I still haven't figured it out.
    Forrest is supposed to be but it seems like Flint and Lola still do whatever they want with it since forest is still kinda young and probally doesnt fight back. Isnt the Golem Forest's? Not Brock's and it should be added to the bio on serebii since it isnt there yet.

Very Meidocre Episode:

Brock yells too much at his parents
    They humiliated Charizard AGAIN! (I can the Geodude puching Charizard pic in sigs everywhere)
    It was a pretty good episode I thought. I'd yell at my parents if they kept on trashing the gym that I worked hard on and had a good reputation until they took over. Also what do you mean again on Charizard the thing almost always gets good spotlight and does good things. last time we saw one it beat an Articuno.

Seen the episode and what ghost master said is true charizard doesnt get humiliated. They showed both ash and brock trying to take it out first dealing damage to it since they show charizard as a very powerful pokemon. Ludicolo seems to be brock's parents luggage carrier,lol. Steelix was great, they definetly showed it with more power, got hit a few times but kept on battling, really impressive.
    Heres a break down of attacks that ash and brock used:
    Donphan hit Charizard with 2 Take downs and a Roll Out attack.
    Steelix hit charizard with an iron tail and dragonbreath.
    Donphan hit Aagron with a roll out attack. And Steelix hit Aagron with Iron Tail.
    Geodude uses sandstorm and hits Charizard with a Mega punch. Charizard falls down but we never really see what happens to them cuz ash orders pikachu and donphan to attack and so does brock and his brother sending them blasting off. A good episode overall, i was hoping it would be better with a definite winner but we couldn't see that. I'd say a 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by FireHead Hank
    I dont get why the Golem is as happy as the other Pokemonto see Brock, it's not HIS Pokemon, it's his fathers...I mean Brock hasnt any relation to it..
    It's probably heard stories about Brock from the trainers in the gym and, if not, I'm sure that Brock's pokemon themselves (i.e. geodude & steelix) would've communicated to golem how good their "true" trainer is.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Forrest is supposed to be but it seems like Flint and Lola still do whatever they want with it since forest is still kinda young and probally doesnt fight back. Isnt the Golem Forest's? Not Brock's and it should be added to the bio on serebii since it isnt there yet.
    No, I'm pretty such Lola and Flint are the Leaders and that the whole Forrest as Gym Leader was a mistranslation. Either Murg or Dogasu brought this up a while back I believe, hence the confusion and hence the current situation.

Going from the episode and the possibility of a mistranslation, Lola and Flint are most likely the people Brock put in charge.

I actually like the idea of the gym becoming a rock/water gym....if that is what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by FireHead Hank
    I dont get why the Golem is as happy as the other Pokemonto see Brock, it's not HIS Pokemon, it's his fathers...I mean Brock hasnt any relation to it..
    Well the gym was decorated again like it was when Lola tried to turn it into a Water gym, and Golem was there when Brock put a stop to that. So my guess is Golem knew that Brock would be able to set things right again, since in the gym's current state, it was hardly a proud gym for tough Rock-types to live in. So the Rock-types and Brock's other Pokemon were probably happy for two reasons: to see him again, and that seeing him meant a return to normalcy.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

We don't know if Brock ever interacted with Golem when he was a kid, so Golem may know of him from childhood.

Heh, for all we know his Geodude could be the offspring of his father's Golem.

I cant wait for this ep to be shown here. Steelix and Donphan look great and delibirds return was awesome

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Not sure if I'm the only one who noticed, but it seems Ikue Otani has taken back her role as Manene~

I disagree with the earlier comment suggesting that this was a mediocre episode. The animation was excellent for the most part, the battle was really enjoyable, and there were some pretty funny scenes scattered throughout.

Needless to say, I really got a lot out of this ep. It gave Brock some much-needed time to shine, delving into the aspects of his character that usually tend to lie dormant during the series. You have to love it when he wigs out over his folks' total lack of parenting skills, before reverting back to the level-headed housewife he really is.
    Not to mention another chance to see how his mind works in a pokémon battle. He had some pretty interesting support strategy going on, what with launching Donphan into the air and blocking attacks with the debris from Iron Tail. It's times like this that I look at the poor schmuck and wonder just what, exactly, he did to deserve being a prop during Ash's Houen trek. Episodes like this certainly show that he hasn't quite crossed the border and landed himself in Hum-Drum.
    And hey, Brock's Steelix didn't have the usual generic Haganail voice that's usually pasted onto the species. It still had a hint of the ol' Onix in there somewhere, and that was pleasently surprising.
    And that Aggron's voice was fecking awesome. In-game cries are better? Hahaha, it is to laugh.

Battle itself was great. As I said earlier, there was some beautiful animation going on here, with a real sense of power behind each attack and some nice movement. Brock and Ash showing what they're best at is always good in my book, especially when a fighter like Donphan manages to get into the fray and take some names.
    Team Rocket also performed well, though Jessie suffering from the brunt of the opposition's assualt was inevitable. Though I must say, I may not be a mjor Charizard hater, but hot damn. The fact that Charizard seemed to be on the recieving end of the majority of painful looking attacks was absolutely hillarious. And quite refreshing infact

Overall, there's very little I can say about this episode in a negative light...but I'll try
    Only complaints I have are;
    - The lack of Crobat doing anything worthwhile.
    - Mizuho only had about 2 minutes of screentime. I feel like I've been robbed.
    - That forced inclusion of Pikachu during the blast-off scene. Just what was the point?
    -

I TOTALLY CALLED THAT ONE.
    Sort of.
    Last edited by Gravy; 20th May 2006 at 2:50 AM.

good battle

Is it just me or Is this Charizard Oversize he look the same size as Aggron

That doesn't matter. Different Pokemon can obviously be different sizes, within a reasonable range of course.

This episode also marks the first time that ALL of Brock's siblings had at least one speaking line, and time to say it individually.

And he named them all off, too. Cool.

And I THINK (someone'll have to confirm this) that Flint/Lola were actually NOT responsible for the gym decorations this time around. When the disguised TR showed up, the kids knew who they were (well, who they were supposed to be disguised as, anyway), so I kinda got the impression that TR did the "re-designing"...especially considering their reactions to what the kids were telling Brock.
    Last edited by Geodude; 20th May 2006 at 3:11 AM.

The only bad thing about this episode was giving Jessie a Charizard. Out of ALL the fire types in the world, they have to give her one of the most overused fire-types in the series. They had choices like Ninetails, Flareon, Magmar, Rapidash, Typlosion, etc. yet they keep re-using the same damn Pokemon over and over again.

Plus we just had the Charizard in the Hoenn league plus Ash's Charizard in the start of the BF, did we really need to see another one?

It's really disgusting that some of the lesser-seen fire types are always shafted for the same Pokemon over and over again. When the hell will we see Ninetails/Rapidash/Magmar/Typlosion in a decent battle again?

Anyway, I am convinced that Brock's parents are insane. Brock had every right to yell at them at the end, it was pretty funny too. They're really pathetic parents too. How many times have they abandoned their kids now? The fact that they were heading off to vacation leaving their 10 children home alone (and two of them are like 4 years old for goodness sakes!) is really nerve wrecking.

The ending gives the vibe that Flint/Lola learned their lesson, but who wants to bet they're going to go AWOL next time we see a reference to the Pewter Gym again?

All the more reason for Brock to stay there and reclaim his position as the Pewter Gym leader. He actually kicks *** in battle, but he never gets to unleash his potential in the main series because he'll always be under the shadow of Ash and May. I'm really hoping they give some excuse for Brock to return here as the BF saga draws to a close, he just "fits" there you know?

He's run his course, and Gym leader Brock >>>>>>>>>>>> tag along with Ash and be background material Brock.

Seriously, get Brock the hell off the main cast and put him back where he belongs instead of constantly wasting his potential in the main series.

Damn, it was awesome to see Satoshi and Takeshi working together at this level. Considering all the time they've known each other they don't express their frendship nearly enough.
    ~

Wow,Ash and Brock work well as a team.That donphan and Steelix combo was amazing!
    How did TR get Charizard and Aggron? I Don't get it.
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu146
    Wow,Ash and Brock work well as a team.That donphan and Steelix combo was amazing!
    How did TR get Charizard and Aggron? I Don't get it.
    Delibird, a delivery pokemon for Team Rocket, delivered them to Jessie and James thinking they were Cassidy and Butch. The pokemon belong to Giovanni.

Anywho... I LOVE DONPHAN SO FUDGIN' MUCH!!!

Seriously, it was really amazing in this episode and needs more time to shine! Steelix is amazing, although it's a shame that Geodude and Crobat were more or less shoved into the background. Aggron is cool, but Charizard is overdone. BADLY.

Great episode, I'm off!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Yeah that was a cool episode I don't believe brocks mum made the place so girly...

| Paired with cυтe тogepι | Nayana, Core Unit, cυтe тogepι and Virtual Headache Claimed by me | Alien banner by Yukitsukai thanks for it | PIForums | Live Journal |

Blaziken master Guest

Well this is one of the best episodes I have seen in a while.Crobat looked so cute in its first scene!

The ending gives the vibe that Flint/Lola learned their lesson, but who wants to bet they're going to go AWOL next time we see a reference to the Pewter Gym again?

All the more reason for Brock to stay there and reclaim his position as the Pewter Gym leader. He actually kicks *** in battle, but he never gets to unleash his potential in the main series because he'll always be under the shadow of Ash and May. I'm really hoping they give some excuse for Brock to return here as the BF saga draws to a close, he just "fits" there you know?
    Yeah this episode seemed to have made it only more obvious that he should stay. Also we thought flint and lola learned their lesson before but then watching this episode I guess they havent. Just like 3 certain sisters who cant work it out right even if misty's gone for a tiny bit.

One question. Flint and Lola are the owners of the gym but it seems like Forest battles the trainer since he owns Steelix, Geodude, and Crobat. It appeared like he was using Flint's Golem as well. Would that be considered Forrest borrowing the pokemon for the gym similar to Forest borrowing Brock's pokemon?

I don't know if it is just me but it seemed like Charizard and Aggron were powerful when Team Rocket was in disguise, but as soon as they were revealed Charizard and Aggron were weak as ****. Anyone else agree?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I don't know if it is just me but it seemed like Charizard and Aggron were powerful when Team Rocket was in disguise, but as soon as they were revealed Charizard and Aggron were weak as ****. Anyone else agree?
    They are powerful, just that Team Rocket cannot battle.

While Charizard can take down an Articuno meanwhile under TR's control:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../zardowned.jpg

Even if it is a 4x weakness Geodude totally obliterated Charizard because of Team Rocket.

they did that last time they had a charizard when it was beat by totdile

BrokenDreams Guest

The episode was okay but they made Donphan look weak in this episode

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Damn, it was awesome to see Satoshi and Takeshi working together at this level. Considering all the time they've known each other they don't express their frendship nearly enough.
    Word.

We need more of them boys working together >=O

This episode was quite good - It was nice to see how much Brock's siblings idolise him. However, I got annoyed at the end of the battle, after Team Rocket got blasted off, were we saw a scroll scene of Brock's siblings, May and Max, and then we close in on Brock, his brother, Ash and MAX!

>.O

He can't be that fast.
    I loathe how they reuse certain scenes when they absolutely do not fit. Good grief.

And WTF was that thing Lola bought? I can't make it out. o.o

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast