Thread: Serebii.net Discussion mod?

Default Serebii.net Discussion mod?

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=118705
    Now, this is one of the many reasons why we could use a Site Discussion mod.
    There are oftentimes threads that arise that pertain to site issues and such. I assume that the reason that there are no moderators in this section because our webmaster, Serebii, does not want someone to, quite bluntly, mess up the section by closing threads that Serebii himself thinks that he would need to look over. Now, I'm proposing that someone who Serebii's judgment most coincides with be modded in this section. Because SMods don't always get the job done.
    Now, I'm not proposing that I'd be the mod, quite frankly because I'm not sure if I'd do a good job at it in this section.
    Please note, the above statement was directed at those who think that I am a minimod, modbeggar, and a mod*****.

And, if whoever decides to eventually close this thread is cocky, they will say "Now, this is why we need a Site Discussion mod", and I'm aware of that. I figure it'd be a good thing to propose.
    Last edited by Locke Yggdrasill; 21st May 2006 at 3:49 AM.

ROFL

I think it is both necessary and unnecessary in the fact that if people want to spam, they will do it in other sections, but it is done here often. A mod may be needed here, but it isn't as important here as in other places. Meh, if more spamming goes on here Joe might need to look into it. But it doesn't matter right now.
    So I think I'm back.

Let's see how long this lasts.

Ermm...this isn't exactly the most active of sections. While modding someone in this section wouldn't hurt, s/he would hardly ever be required to call upon his/her powers considering how many supermods and admins we already have. This is no different from any other relatively inactive section.

Serebii *only ever* implements decisions he makes himself. I'm not criticising.

No action is ever made about threads like this. I think you have been at this forum long enough to know that. Just watch how your optimism won't pay off.

[PI Forums|Magma HQ|Kikkoman!]
    Teal'c: Are you considering the same tactic as I?
    O'Neill: Teal'c, the cliché is "are you thinking what I'm thinking". And the answer is "yes".

You, see, I like how someone is pointing this out. And I think it is a good idea. But as you think into it deeply, do we really need a discussion mod that much? I mean, I realize that discussions are a big part, but does it really need attention, it may NEED attention, I mean, but not as much as others.

We need regular assigned mods to tale care of the Serebii.net discussion forum because there is allot of bad forums that no one but Smods an Admin can take care of they are often to busy to care of them just take a look at the thread titled Serebii, Can you Ban This Guy. Now Edward Eric took care of it but there were several mods and mods+ who posted on it but couldn't stop the bashing, now as I have noticed Edward Eric is the mod in charge of the pokemon anime discussion forum. And lucky for us he is either a Smod or Admin. and was able to stop this thread, but if you made a mod who is specifically in charge of this forum, the bashing could stop allot earlier and Edward Eric could have more time to post opinions and not have to worry about this thread as much. i also understand that you Serebii are the the main mod for this mod, as noted on bottom where titled moderators, I also know you are in college(university) and don't have all the time to watch this forum. Seeing as well that you have to manage this site as well as its sister site serebii.net. So i hope that this post will give you an idea. Sorry if it is ab-it long and thank you mods and Serebii for running this site so well. I AM NOT BROWN NOSEING. And a little off topic, how dose the mod ranking system work and how do we know who is what so I can PM the right person if there is a problem.

I put this in the suggestion thread and all I got was suspicion by other members who indicated I was trying to become a mod. Be very careful. See pg 32 of the Suggestion thread.

But, Eszett, when it is active, who we gonna call? :<

Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon Locke Yggdrasill
    But, Eszett, when it is active, who we gonna call? :<
    Wolf Goddess?

Seriously, I imagine one of the active mods could be plopped in here without it being too much of a bother, as it is inactive most of the time.

----------------------
    {Bishie} Shinichi Kudou {Twin} Shigeru-Kun {Pair} Edward Elric

Serebii has it covered,people that spam will just be taken care of easily.

But, the thing is, he doesn't always have it covered. It's humanly impossible to always monitor something, so, adding an active mod or modding someone that he trusts greatly and sees wise choices in and putting him/her here is wise and perhaps, dare I say, efficient.

Shadowcat Guest

Serebii checks this forum every day for posts on the sites. So he'd know.

But still, just one mod is needed for this forum.

Considering the amount of SMods we have, there really isn't a need to put any specific mod here. Especially when Joe visits this section quite often. :P
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

The thread you posted had three replies to it before it was closed. That's hardly evidence of this section desperatley needing a moderator.
    Now, I'm not proposing that I'd be the mod, quite frankly because I'm not sure if I'd do a good job at it in this section.
    tbh I don't think you'd do a good job in any section. But that's just me.

-Josh
    Last edited by PLANES CURE TOWERS; 21st May 2006 at 1:44 PM.

I was referring to the dates that the posts were on. And it wasn't closed when I made the reference. ;o
    I'm A Potato posted 6 days after the topic had already been resolved. Had there been a mod on site, it would have been closed.
    (Yes, pun intended)

Anyway, that opinion probably lies with only you, Josh.
    Last edited by Locke Yggdrasill; 21st May 2006 at 6:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon Locke Yggdrasill
    I was referring to the dates that the posts were on. And it wasn't closed when I made the reference. ;o
    I'm A Potato posted 6 days after the topic had already been resolved. Had there been a mod on site, it would have been closed.

Anyway, that opinion probably lies with only you, Josh.
    Makes no difference. The thread only had three replies or something. That's not dire need of a mod.

And I'm pretty sure it doesn't

-Josh

The thread alone isn't the reason. It's the scenario behind it, the one that is oftentimes found here. That's the reason this section could use a mod.
    Last edited by Locke Yggdrasill; 21st May 2006 at 6:18 PM.

And like I said before, we got enough people on this. There's really no need for a mod anyways.

And you're practically begging to be a mod with the way you're putting it now. :P Not happening.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Perhaps I should reword my past posts. I wouldn't want to have that appearance, as modship wasn't on my mind when I started this topic. :x
    I was only trying to bring this issue to attention.

This Forum appears to have alot of Spammy Threads, but nothing Joe can't take care of. I don't see the problem, but that's just me....and maybe some of the other members here.
    Over eight years old and still running strong. Second oldest active running thread in the VG forum.

Indeed...people just done seem to read the bold font saying "THIS IS NOT A HELP FORUM"

No one even reads anything. Its always "Oh NoZ! I haV 33142 unReD PmZ!"

They don't even bother to read the announcements.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

They're called idiots and they are under control and aren't a problem around here, Gouryujiin. Just get used to the amount of them in this Forum and ignore them while Joe takes care of them, Locke Yggdrasill. No need to for this. :/
    Over eight years old and still running strong. Second oldest active running thread in the VG forum.