Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling The Enemy Within! (454)

Seen the episode and i dont count it as a proper loss either, it wasnt ash battling it was the evil spirit. Besides sceptile was surprise as hell too when the spirit told it to use bullet seed to knock the rocks from the ceiling on regirock. And then telling sceptile to take cover behind the ref, sceptile doesn't battle like that and ash doesnt use those strategy's so you can definetly say that sceptile was a little confused, not battling in its regular rhythm. Still though i liked the episode, evil ash was the best thing and Ho-oh apearing was a surpise but good. I believe this is the first time may,max, or brock have seen it. Nice touch though introducing ho-oh to may right before her big tournament, its shame that most likely she'll lose to drew, and im gonna go off at that time.
    O yea and just to add, i actually liked the fact that sceptiles first loss was to a legendary like regirock and not some random trainers pokemon. and besides as i said ash wasnt really in control and sceptile wasn't in its rhythm. Overall good episode i'd say 9/10.

Nice touch though introducing ho-oh to may right before her big tournament, its shame that most likely she'll lose to drew, and im gonna go off at that time.
    true but technically it was max and brock's 1st time. I also think this was something more directed for Ash. BTW does anyone know where the Pyramid is going and what he needs to do to have a rematch? I heard rumors on BMGF that it may be flying to the Tanoby Ruins in the sevii islands.

question: does anyone know if there is more than one regirock, or regice, or registeel?
    Name: Josh
    Friend Code: 0473 4442 4614
    avid SB collector

I believe there are one of each.

Quote Originally Posted by burrut13
    question: does anyone know if there is more than one regirock, or regice, or registeel?
    I believe there are two at least of each. We know Brandon owned Regirock so let's assume he has Regice and Registeel as well. There's one of each, then the 'Rock, 'Ice and 'Steel that appeared in the Lucario movie. At least two of each species.

And I believe more strongly than ever that the Pidgey, Hoothoot and Salamence were Brandon's. My reasoning is simple: Noland owned all the Pokémon at the Battle Factory, same for Lucy at the Battle Pike. Brandon owns the Pidgey, Hoothoot and Salamence, he just allows them to live in the Pyramid outside of their Poké Balls.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Ash going evil... that is quite unpleasant on so many levels. It's hardly surprising that in this state Ash abused his own Pokemon.

Abuse? No. He just had Sceptile battle in ways he/they normally wouldn't, using tactics that were much more underhanded than usual. And Pikachu was scared of Ash because of the spirit. Abuse is a much stronger word than what actually happened.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I wonder where's the battle Palaces new locations going to be?
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

No confirmed information. *RUMORED* to be Tanoby Ruins.

Enough of that, please keep the discussion relevant to the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    And I believe more strongly than ever that the Pidgey, Hoothoot and Salamence were Brandon's. My reasoning is simple: Noland owned all the Pokémon at the Battle Factory, same for Lucy at the Battle Pike. Brandon owns the Pidgey, Hoothoot and Salamence, he just allows them to live in the Pyramid outside of their Poké Balls.
    Actually, I don't think those ruins were part of the pyramid. Judging from what Jindai's judge said before taking off, the Battle Pyramid seems to settle wherever there's ruins worth exploring (Jindai took off because I think the judge said there were some new ruins discovered). And to answer an earlier question, no, those ruins are not part of the pyramid. I think it should be pretty obvious, with the way the pyramid had a flat base, and those ruins were underground.

And still on the subject of the ruins, Musashi pointed out something funny at the end of the episode. There was a legend behind those ruins that supposedly concerned Houou (and Rocket Dan, as well as Satoshi, went through the ruins to find Houou). As they were blasting off, Musashi seemed to make the connection that Houou, as well as Poppo, Hoho, and Bomander (the latter three all having attacked them in the ruins), are Pokemon that start with the Japanese syllable ホ "ho" (ボ "bo" and ポ "po" is kinda the same thing, which explains Poppo and Bomander). Don't know why the ruins would have a theme of a Japanese letter, but whatever. Speaking of Musashi, earlier in the episode, she picks up a Muchul statue which she thought was adorable. Nice bit of continuity, there.

Anyway, ever since the Kekking episode was announced as taking place after this, this episode was a friggin huge relief. A loss in the battle means no rushed Brain battle against a legendary within a single episode. And hey, if Jindai's off to explore more ruins, maybe there's still hope that he'll have Regice and Registeel when Satoshi re-challenges him. Though, I gotta say it was a disappointment that Jindai treated Regirock as an average Pokemon.... I don't even think Haruka's Pokemon Zukan, nor any of the characters, made mention of the fact that it's legendary (let alone be astounded that Jindai was able to catch one). It's also worth noting that the battle was stated as being one-on-one, so any theories that the legendary Pokemon would get leeway and be treated like Akane's Miltank were wrong.

Possessed Satoshi was also a bit of a let down.... I was hoping for Matsumoto Rica to talk in her sinister Bakura voice, and maybe using "ore-sama" for first-person as a nod towards her other role. Instead, when Satoshi's possessed, he seems to take on the spirit's voice instead of the spirit communicating through Satoshi's voice. The spirit seemed to be a male seiyuu, and he used "ware" for first-person. It was still pretty cool, just not quite what I was expecting. And even though Pikachu did shock Satoshi out of it, it wasn't near as much of a cop-out as it could've been (some speculated he'd be shocked immediately.... in this case, though, Satoshi was possessed for a good while, and in the end, Satoshi had to struggle to get out his command to shock him).

Those saying Satoshi wasn't in control for this battle are a little off. He did have a little control at times (those scenes where Satoshi's floating in some abyss and sees Jukain, whom he shouts commands to. He also manages to ward off the spirit momentarily).... it makes sense, really. The spirit relies on a skilled trainer to battle for him, but still manages to use his own, underhanded tactics in the middle of it all. BTW, for those wondering, the spirit had a reason to fight in a Brain battle. Jindai agreed that if he lost, he'd surrender any Pokemon he has (notice that when Satoshi first got possessed, he tried to take Haruka's Pokemon, stating that all the Pokemon are his or something to that effect). Having a lot to gain (and lose), he was desperate to get Pikachu in there after Jukain went down, even though the battle was officially over at that point.

The battle itself was pretty sweet, too. It's not often you get to see the afforementioned underhanded tactics, like using a judge for a shield, of all things (I'm surprised he wasn't disqualified for that, but I guess they never exactly state rules on the Pokemon's boundaries. Pokemon seem to cross those white lines on the arena floor all the time). Lock-on looked pretty spiffy, as well (reminds me a little of Sui Fong's skill in Bleach, in which a mark is left on the opponent's body to make it a vulnerable target).
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 27th May 2006 at 1:26 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

I'm sorry if someone has already said this but this one smacks of a Star Gate ripoff. The pyramid even looks like the ship and flies to boot. Though they also threw in some Indiana Jones for good measure. And we get a another ripoof in two weeks with the next episode.

The CGI people must have had a ball making this episode. The black aura around Ash for half the episode and all the sweet visual effects. They really went the extra mile.

And I bull's eyed (no pun intended) Lock-On. I always knew it would make a crosshairs target on the opponent. And here's where 4Kids not dubbing and this being on CN will pay off. *loathes the thought of what it would be turned into*

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

judging by the pics, the episode appears to be tied with Ash's "destiny"... since it concerns Ho-oh... somewhat. It's quite deep for an episode of pokemon.

and did anyone notice that one of the doorways of the Pyramid looks exactly like the doorway from the ruins in "A Ruin with a View"?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Brandon : " Regirokku....!!"
    Regirock: "Reg. Rock."
    Masato: "REGIROKKU NO DA! =O"

Hooray for headesking wordplay.

I think Brinstar summed this one up perfectly. It wasn't a disappointing episode, far from it in fact. There was just something about it that made the whole thing feel a little empty and incomplete. Like a public pool without chlorine, or a truck stop without a surly waitress.
    I’m not one of these frightening Ash fangirls that have suddenly decided to pop up out of nowhere, but seeing Ash possessed and relying on some pretty destructive tactics in battle was the definitive treat. And I rather liked Brandon's somewhat brash attitude, yelling at Ash a few times and what-not.

I didn't like how Regirock was portrayed as 'just another powerful pokémon'. Now, I know Brandon is considered to be the big cheese when it comes to the Frontier Brain flock. And I know the Regi trio aren't exactly on the penthouse floor of the legendary hierarchy. But come on. I'd like a little effort put into how such a duo came to be. At least with Articuno and Noland there was a mildly satisfying explanation behind the partnership.
    There was no real story behind it's capture (or indeed, HOW it was captured) were no major reactions to this legendary creature springing out of Brandon's pokéball, and overall there was really no attempt to make it seem all that special.
    Hell, the group were even surprised when they discovered Brandon's title of Pyramid King. Surely Regirock, an ancient pokémon from tales of old, should have been evidence enough of this guy's importance.
    So, it seems I'm still able to stick by my opinion of ‘legendary owned by trainer = crap‘.
    Unless of course, they make up for this the next time we encounter the Pyramid King. But you know me...I ain't one to count on things like that

BUT...that particular gripe aside, it was still an OK episode. And Sceptile fighting Regirock under the command of some psychotic ancient king proved to be pretty cool. As such a thing should~

Regirock's movie voice >>>>> Series voice.
    CG Pyramid flying off into the horizon in tack-E formation = a laugh and a half.
    Incorporation of in-game elements + Team Rocket = a moderately amusing brain melter.

and did anyone notice that one of the doorways of the Pyramid looks exactly like the doorway from the ruins in "A Ruin with a View"?
    Yeah I noticed.
    The spirit seemed to be a male seiyuu, and he used "ware" for first-person. It was still pretty cool, just not quite what I was expecting.
    according to Sunian he was the king of pokelantis.
    BTW, for those wondering, the spirit had a reason to fight in a Brain battle. Jindai agreed that if he lost, he'd surrender any Pokemon he has (notice that when Satoshi first got possessed, he tried to take Haruka's Pokemon, stating that all the Pokemon are his or something to that effect). Having a lot to gain (and lose), he was desperate to get Pikachu in there after Jukain went down, even though the battle was officially over at that point
    Wonder why he was so desperate for pokemon? Or did he just want the regis for whatever reason.
    And hey, if Jindai's off to explore more ruins, maybe there's still hope that he'll have Regice and Registeel when Satoshi re-challenges him.
    hmm so he off to ruins looking for something. Probally the regi's.

Possessed Satoshi was also a bit of a let down.... I was hoping for Matsumoto Rica to talk in her sinister Bakura voice, and maybe using "ore-sama" for first-person as a nod towards her other role. Instead, when Satoshi's possessed, he seems to take on the spirit's voice instead of the spirit communicating through Satoshi's voice. The spirit seemed to be a male seiyuu, and he used "ware" for first-person. It was still pretty cool, just not quite what I was expecting. And even though Pikachu did shock Satoshi out of it, it wasn't near as much of a cop-out as it could've been (some speculated he'd be shocked immediately.... in this case, though, Satoshi was possessed for a good while, and in the end, Satoshi had to struggle to get out his command to shock him).
    I just watched the episode, and I totally agree. I realized this voice was way deeper than Thief Bakura's, and therefore beyond Rica's range. Kachi very letdown.;_; But BakurAsh(I made up a nickname!) is awesome looking anyway...and like all awesome evil characters, I'm getting a shiver of excitement.(Happened with Scar, YamiTaker, Voldemort, Jafar and now BakurAsh. Don't heels rock[Taker's the only exception, since he's that way to begin with]?)^^

BTW, it just occured to me: Even if BakurAsh won, I don't think Brandon would've given him the badge. Why? As a wrestling fan, I know that the most known cowardly bad guy(or heel) defense when they're in trouble is to hide behind either an underling, or the referee!(JBL can be considered guilty of both accounts.) Since that was an act of cowardice, Brandon wouldn't have saw it fit to give it to him--after all, it's called the BRAVERY Symbol for a reason!

Also, forcing Pikachu to fight? I'm getting nostalgia of SkullGreymon...
    Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 27th May 2006 at 4:17 AM.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Okay, I can not be the only one that is incredibly ticked off at May, Max, Brock, and Scott all saw Ho-oh. Ash and Pikachu are the only ones allowed to see Ho-Oh, gosh damn it! >:O Now the endings of the first and second-to-last episodes of the original series are completely bastardized. Over-exaggeration? Yes, but I still want the writers' heads in jars. >>

I find it stupid that the Pyramid can fly. Plus I just thought of this, So what if some trainer completes all of the other six locations, Scott tells them where the Pyramid is they get there and the Pyramid had already flown away? Does that mean Scott calls Brandon and tells him not to move until the trainer comes?

Anyway, I wish the Sceptile and Regirock battle would have been just a little bit longer. But overall I'll give this episode a 8/10
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Since I usually point out the May-related events...

Anyone notice that May was the first character to notice Ho-oh? ZOMG! Maybe she has a connection with Ho-oh too!!!!11!!!!1

I was really surprised with Sceptile using the referee guy as a shield. That's a first for this show, and I'm surprised Sceptile obeyed, even if it seemed pretty underhanded. What if Regirock fired its Hyperbeam...would Sceptile just jump out of the way or would it pull the referee with him?

Looking at this episode, they honestly *could* have gotten away with Ash winning. Regirock was really downplayed as a legendary, and there was plenty of time devoted to the battle, (like the last half of the episode).

I'm slightly miffed about Ash losing because we waited 7 weeks for this challenge (since the Battle Tower), but I suppose it's for the best. I do want to see the other Regi's, because if it's just Regirock again for the rematch then...meh.

As long as the Pyramid rematch happens right after the Grand Festival, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    I was really surprised with Sceptile using the referee guy as a shield. That's a first for this show, and I'm surprised Sceptile obeyed, even if it seemed pretty underhanded.
    Which of course was the whole point.

Wowzers! What an episode. I have a feeling this episode will lead to something important. Perhaps we will get to know a little more about Ho-Oh after Ash gets the symbol.

Speaking of which last time I checked.....Pyramids didn't fly. Perhaps it will go to the Tanoby Ruins since that seems like a proper place to put it.

Brandon seems like a jack*ss. I think he needs a hug.

Nice to see Regirock. It looked really cool. I hope we can see Regice and Registeel in the rematch. Of course, who wouldn't?

I'm pretty sure this was the debut of Lock-on and it was pretty cool.

I can't wait to see how the dub handles Ash's evil voice. If 4Kids was going to dub this I would have bet money on Dan Green.

I was actually shocked Sceptile obeyed orders. I know that is what loyal pokemon do but still...*shrugs*

Gotta love the Indiana Jones references.

Nice theory about HootHoot, Pidgey, and Salamence, Yamato San.

I also longed for the Bakura voice of Matsumoto Rica so I seriously seizured when I heard this old dead man's voice.
    Satoshi sure hit puberty hard, eh?

Funny how Ho oh has a relation to ruins in Kanto too - Guess it just proves that it's the ultimate legendary Pokémon overall. Besides Mew, anyway.

I didn't get why Jindai had to yell at Satoshi so much, but I guess Satoshi needs a nice hard biatching once in a while XP

When the Pokélantis King guy tried to steal Haruka's Pokémon, I was a bit...meh at how Haruka tachi yelled at Satoshi for it. Like "Hey, why are you using those suddenly new dark powers like that?"
    Yes sir.

The King using dirty tricks - Nice. Just shows what a prick he is.

Like others, I also felt like there was missing something in the end. We didn't get much reaction from Satoshi after the possession - only "Awww, thanks guys for being good fwiends <3". Unless I missed a bit /^^;;

This episode was otherwise very refreshing.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Quote Originally Posted by .Combusken.
    Ash losing was unexpected. Then again, I was wondering how they were going to wrap up a believable battle with so much time in this episode being spent down in the ruins.

I loled when the Battle Pyramid just flew away...didn't someone somewhere jokingly say that Satoshi-tachi would have to find the Pyramid, which was constantly changing locations. Neh?
    OMG, best n00b idea ever! What if the next time Ash faces Brandon, he sends out Registeel or Regice? Then, he loses to them, and the 3rd time he battles him, he faces the final Regi? That way, we get the best of all 3 worlds! It'd be tediously exciting =D >.>

wtf ^^ nice idea ^^ maybe there will be something like lugia for the birds in the future d/p titels *shot* no i mean maybe they´ll introduce another legenderie like lugia in gold/silver or lets say like in the movie....

i doubt that it will come that way but ^^ who knows what tomorrow brings ^^

Quote Originally Posted by AcethePuma
    wtf ^^ nice idea ^^ maybe there will be something like lugia for the birds in the future d/p titels *shot* no i mean maybe they´ll introduce another legenderie like lugia in gold/silver or lets say like in the movie....

i doubt that it will come that way but ^^ who knows what tomorrow brings ^^
    Whats with your constant '^^'s? They're damn annoying and stupid.

I can't make a post without having a go at someone now can I?

Anyway, episode was pretty good despite my earlier predictions, yay for flashbacks. I didn't expect Ash to sound that different when he was possessed, but oh well. Now the Pyramid moves again, who's gunna tell him where it is next?

End of post.

I am still angry that Brandon didn't offer a re-match atleast a day after the incident.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

A Flying Pryrimind! I know its in the future but come on! Thats just crazy. Also its a rip off of Stargate lol.

Sceptile lost pretty fast from what i can see. Thats quite shocking!

So whats going on next? will there be a rematch or is that it 4 Ash?
    Team Flinch
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast