Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Battling The Enemy Within! (454)

Was Ash's possession a reference to Yu-Gi-Oh and how the main character gets possessed by a spirit inside a relic?

I bet that if Ash hadn't been possessed by the spirit of the evil king, he would've defeated Regirock easily with his Sceptile. I'm ticked off by Ash's possession and Ho-Oh just flying by was bad too. He deserved a bigger role.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeviathan View Post
    I'm ticked off by Ash's possession and Ho-Oh just flying by was bad too. He deserved a bigger role.
    I thought that given how crowded this episode was in terms of action and plot progression already, Ho-Oh's cameo was decent enough. I'm just glad that we saw Ho-Oh at all hee hee.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeviathan View Post
    I bet that if Ash hadn't been possessed by the spirit of the evil king, he would've defeated Regirock easily with his Sceptile.
    Eh, I don't know. Brandon's Regirock seemed to be holding its own despite how good Sceptile was, and besides, Ash being possessed didn't really hinder Sceptile's strength.

Satoshi and his friends stumbling into some ruins and meeting Jindai was contrived, but Satoshi being controlled by the King of Pokelantis was lots of fun, because we got to see Satoshi as a villain for once. That said, Jukain versus Regirock was disappointing since Satoshi wasn't himself, but the fact that we saw Houou appear again was worth it.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011