Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling The Enemy Within! (454)

Wow, the fact that a symbol was not won just made the episode all that much better. The flying pyramid looked kind of out of place, but it was gold.

I'm quite happy with the recent streak of good episodes in this series. However, I wonder if we'll soon find out when the episode(s) featuring the actual obtaintion (is that a word?) of the final symbol.

Meh to be honest I would've like to seen this episode with ruins but some filler character rather than make it Brandon and the BP. I don't know just after having what looks to be a good GF it will seem kind of a let down to end on the note of Ash refinding the pyramid and have a 2 episode battle with Brandon to end it.

...now, THIS is the kind of thing I was really expecting... hoping, more than expecting. Okay, le's say I was praying for it D:

I guess this is one of the episodes where I'd seriously need a perfect translation. All that Pokélantis talking did indeed catch my interest, now I want to know more about that. Are all the ruins visited by the Pyramid (well, Jindai rather than the Pyramid D: ) going to be related to it? Or are they just from different civilizations every time?
    I MUST know in which way the flying Pyramid is related to all of that. Is it an ancient machine built with unknown magic and science knowledge (that was probably used in ancient Pokélantis) or is it just a weird and HUGE airship used by Jindai and his nameless (?) assistent to fly here and there looking for ancient trasures?
    If so, man, they're rich. Or maybe once again it was Enishida who financed it all. I'm confused. XD

I also need to stop thinking about Nadia and the Secret of Blue Water.

As for the Poppo, Hoho and Bohmander, as they were free in the ruins I highly doubt they were Jindai's.
    Yamato-san's name theory makes sense, I'd also add that the sound of their cries, since it's composed of variations of the same "Ho" letter, could in a person's opinion sound vaguely similar to Houou's cry, thus leading Rocket Dan in their mistakes.
    Unless I missed something and they indeed were in the Pyramid itself.

In general, good episode. Full of action, eyecandy (for me at least), plot ideas for fanfiction (again, for me at least), good music, and Ancient Pokémon paintings 8D
    Even if they made Jindai sound a bit older than I expected, more in his 50s than 40's. Could've been just the seiyuu's tone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicolo's Depression
    Brandon seems like a jack*ss. I think he needs a hug.
    SERIOUSLY. He does.
    *points to self* We have a volunteer here D:

You've gotta see her, go insane and out of your mind
    Latina Ave Maria
    A million and one candlelights

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba
    Sceptile lost pretty fast from what i can see. Thats quite shocking!
    If i get berated for saying this i don't care but, this is only the fifth time Sceptile has been used since it evolved, did you really think it was going to waltz in and pound Regirock easily.

So whats going on next? will there be a rematch or is that it 4 Ash?

Let me see he already has six symbols do the math.>_>

Did Ash order Sceptile to attack the ref?

No, to hide behind the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki
    No he ordered Sceptile to use the ref as a human shield.

Frak beaten to it.

For those complaining about the male voice, it goes back to the fact this is a Star Gate ripoff. Ra in no way shape or form sounded like a young boy like his body suggested. So, to remain consistant with the ripoff they did the same with Ash.
    Last edited by The Big Al; 27th May 2006 at 3:06 PM.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Ohh that's so much wasted potential <<

I've only looked at the Episode Pictures on the main site but the Pyramid taking off like that was extremely Stargate-esque.

Did the writers intend for everyone to know this was episode to be a Stargate rip-off or was it supposed to be secret?

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    No he ordered Sceptile to use the ref as a human shield.

Frak beaten to it.

For those complaining about the male voice, it goes back to the fact this is a Star Gate ripoff. Ra in no way shape or form sounded like a young boy like his body suggested. So, to remain consistant with the ripoff they did the same with Ash.
    Sorry but your analogy is flawed

The Evil King that possessed Ash was using Ash's Voice
    Ra's Voice was the kid's voice but altered

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Sorry but your analogy is flawed

The Evil King that possessed Ash was using Ash's Voice
    Ra's Voice was the kid's voice but altered
    And who's to say they didn't alter Ash's VA's voice in order to create the evil king? You'd be amazed at how much you can distort a voice.

Because it was credited as a different VA

Because it was credited as a different VA
    Though we are talking about a weekly half hour anime show vs. a Hollywood full length feature film. They may not have the tech to do the voice altering like in Star Gate. But I'm just saying that's the kind of atmosphere they wanted to create with BakurAsh as someone called him.

Im also referencing a weekly 20 episode-per-season 60 minute TV Show that has been going on for 10 years...for the record

Im also referencing a weekly 20 episode-per-season 60 minute TV Show that has been going on for 10 years...for the record
    But still, Star Gate and SG-1 altered the voices. The people at Pokemon brought in a guest VA. Also, in Star Gate they periodically found people who needed their voices altered. This was a one time deal in Pokemon.

SG-1 rocks btw.
    Last edited by The Big Al; 27th May 2006 at 3:27 PM.

Everything has a bigger budget then Pokemon, yet some of the bigger budgets rely too much on using money then the show's quality.

And darn, no Yami Bakura voice for Ash.

Pokemon *could* have a bigger budget though, it's not as if Nintendo can't spare some extra dough for some better animation.

I think the animation is better then most american shows though (Coconut Fred, Johnny Test).

BTW, the anime sure has been giving us alot of first series references, kinda cool I must say. Ho-oh, flashback with Ash getting Pikachu, Brock's family, Delibird, B&C, Nanba, Grunts, ect.

oh no! ash has gone evil! *hides in corner*

so does he get to battle brandon again? or does he need to find the pyramid again first?
    my lv72 Frontier Team:

amazing TC by me, all credits to me

All Silver Symbols Collected - Whoopee!

Quote Originally Posted by DriveshafT
    I've only looked at the Episode Pictures on the main site but the Pyramid taking off like that was extremely Stargate-esque.

Did the writers intend for everyone to know this was episode to be a Stargate rip-off or was it supposed to be secret?
    It was Stargate and Stargate SG1 ripoff with the battle pyramid flying. I saw the pics. and aeeing Ho-oh was nice and it leads me to believe that D/P realease is permanant, THIS IS JUST A THEORY though. But how do we now they even know what Stargate actually is, seeing how a feature movie lasts 6 months but then again there's 2 Stargate series, the first 1 being around 10 years and and the next one entering season 3. I'm surprised how nobody mentioned Pokelantis and Stargate/Sg1/ Atlantis deal seeing how I'm a fan and can make strange connections there seems to be another weierd Rip off.

Ho-oh egg made by forretress master

The awesome Skarom made by Dark_Lugia!
    *If you want SG-1 to carry on for an 11th series add this to your signiture* Started by: MechaBulba.-I want it to, but unless the CW or something picks it up then it won't-.

Repost from BMGf because I'm lazy like that:

I'm not sure about this one, but after Satoshi tachi fell down through the ground to the underground ruins, and Satoshi decides to look around, did he just use Haruka's phrase "Kamo" thing much to Haruka's annoyance?

It seriously sounded like that. :/

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

First of all, curse my computer for taking 20 hours to get each episode. Just finished watching it. I personally thought this was one of the best episodes in the series' entirety. Evil Ash ordering Sceptile to use the ref as a human shield was hysterical. Speaking of the referee, I thought he was one of the most well-designed side characters we've seen. It was a unique design.

For an episode not directed by Iwane, the animation was pretty damn good. Many times throughout this saga, the CG has become either unnecessary or unimpressive. I thought it was used very effectively throughout this entire episode, however. I can't say I was too fond of the BGM, though. It was definitely different, and I guess it was supposed to set the ancient pyramid and eerie possession theme, but the opera house parts became a little too distracting.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I find CG to be tacky in anime. What's more, Pokemon got REAL CG-happy back around late Hoenn/early BF, changing attacks so as to mooch off of the CG wave, making it not as unique as it could have been. And nowadays, it isn't all that unique to begin with. It would be best if the Pokemon crew stayed away from it, but that's obviously not going to happen in the long run.

Anyhoo! Their attempts at prolonging the Battle Frontier life is cheap, though workable. An occurance like the Pyramid as of now might have ended with Ash getting the symbol back in the beginning of the series with the attitude they had back then. I'm glad to see that this isn't case here. While we slowly wait for giant Slakings and festivals of grandness to pass by, I can't help but wonder if Brandon will learn to not be such a hard-*** in the future.

For the sake of my interest, I hope that doesn't come to be!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I didnt expect Evil Ash' voice to be so heavy.
    Also, i wish i knew what they were saying about Ho-oh
    and during the match....
    Ahh well, i wonder when Ash will battle Brandon again
    and if they,ll use the same Pokemon.

P.S: Seems like the next episode will be sort of a King Kong one, Slaking capturing May.
    Last edited by Rizardon; 27th May 2006 at 8:35 PM.

This is one of the episodes that I will ceratinly love for a while. The whole evil and possesed Satoshi is a great relief for me, as I thought it will never happen, in this arc anyway. I agree that the voice was a little heavy, but other than that, I liked it. YamiSatoshi ordering Junkai to hide behind the referee as a shield was a pivotal and hilarious moment for me. I hope after the GF, that the real battle with Jindai will be epic, as it is the last of the Frontier Brains and all.

The only letdown that I felt was everyone seeign Ho-oh. That ticked me off. I grew up with the sentiment, that Ho-oh is like a meaningful symbolism that bonds with Satoshi's journey, and Satoshi himself. A remembreance of how it all started, how he got Pikachu to like him, etc. Even in later episodes it was like a pokemon that Satoshi could only see, that he's made for greatness, especially in Johto when it said along the lines that Ho-oh only shows itself to worthy trainers. It contributed to Satohsi's dream. This episode blew that away, and now Ho-oh, at least to me, doesn't feel special at all anymore. Just another legendary.

Oh well.
    Last edited by ♥Hana.Hikari♥; 27th May 2006 at 9:05 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast