Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling The Enemy Within! (454)

Okay, saw the episode a couple of hours ago and for the most part, there is a part of me that is very happy that Ash lost. And even though I'm not too fond of any of the Regis, it was pretty cool to see Regirock (as long as it's only one of them). And oh yes, evil Ash...

0_O

...When I heard his voice, that's kind of how I looked.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

BrokenDreams Guest

From all the talk about Ho-oh when I look at the pictures I think that only Ash seem to notice Ho-oh, I mean there was no surprise look like Oh My Gosh its Ho-oh. Plus, if everyone saw, that spoils everything seriously. Well done writers, well done.

This seems good.

- The pyramid was the final challenge after all. Maybe this'll give us a chance to see the other two Regi's in action.

- Ash possessed wasn't just a plot filler after all. It actually introduced a new way of battling after all (I laughed that he told Sceptile to hide behind the referee). Too bad Oni-Ash didn't have the pull a strategy at the last second that Ash has. Still Sceptile vs. Regirock was a good fight.

- Ho-oh reappeared! That was a surprise, but the bigger shock is that Ash wasn't alone when he saw it this time. Too bad though, because May should not have pointed it out or even seen it along with the rest of the group because I'll always think of Ash being the only one worthy.

- Can't wait for the rematch. Too bad Ash has only one opponent like the Orange league.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 18th June 2006 at 6:53 PM.

The evil spirit is a crappy battler. The fact he got to misuse Sceptile though, makes this episode bad.

Season One Complete!

This episode was kickarse! Evil Ash was hot! And this comes from a girl who thinks all Ash fan girls are crazy.
    That referee was cute! *_*
    just one question, when Jessie usually refers to Ash, she says something that sounds like either "Jolly boy" or "Charlie boy"
    Could someone please explain that to me? O_o

"Jari-boy". Don't know what the translation for "jari" is, exactly, but #Pocketmonsters seems to have it as "Brat-boy". It's said all the time in the English version as "twerp".

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    - Can't wait for the rematch. Too bad Ash has only one opponent like the Orange league.
    There is no evidence, as of yet, that this is the final challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Irene
    Jindai and his nameless (?) assistent
    His name is "Soutarou". I can tell because he's listed in the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Because it was credited as a different VA
    Actually, I didn't see the Pokelantis king's name anywhere in the credits. Let's see, Jindai, Soutarou, Enishida, Narration, Casting.... nope, don't see the Pokelantis king anywhere. Either 1) They altered Rika's voice for those possession scenes (or Rika really strained her throat for this episode), 2) Soutarou is actually the name of the king (but somehow, I don't see the kind of an ancient Pokemon civilization whose name parodizes Atlantis as having some common, Japanese name), or 3) The voice of the king is uncreditted (the most likely scenario).

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    If i get berated for saying this i don't care but, this is only the fifth time Sceptile has been used since it evolved, did you really think it was going to waltz in and pound Regirock easily.
    You act as if Jukain is some newborn. It may've gained its form recently, but never forget that he trained a lot since Satoshi got him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy
    Repost from BMGf because I'm lazy like that:

I'm not sure about this one, but after Satoshi tachi fell down through the ground to the underground ruins, and Satoshi decides to look around, did he just use Haruka's phrase "Kamo" thing much to Haruka's annoyance?

It seriously sounded like that. :/
    Yes, it's true. I watched it again and Satoshi used "kamo" at the end of his sentence "Satoshi kankentai shuppatsu kamo!" (Satoshi exploration team, head out!). Haruka replies with "Mou! Watashi no mane nanka shinai de yo!" (Geez! Don't copy me!)

While I was watching it again, I noticed another thing. When Satoshi managed to ward off the spirit momentarily, it was because Jindai called him a coward for trying to take out Regirock with the collapsing ceiling. Satoshi came out of the trance to deny it, but then the spirit took control again, saying that cheating doesn't matter so long as he wins.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 28th May 2006 at 8:15 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Yes, it's true. I watched it again and Satoshi used "kamo" at the end of his sentence "Satoshi kankentai shuppatsu kamo!" (Satoshi exploration team, head out!). Haruka replies with "Mou! Watashi no mane nanka shinai de yo!" (Geez! Don't copy me!)
    Heh, I thought he was saying something like that, but wasn't completely sure till now. That's hilarious, he mimicked two of May's quirks.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

His name is "Soutarou". I can tell because he's listed in the credits.*
    Thanks for the info Yamato-san!

*may be a little OT, but were all the referees named in the previous Brains episodes? I only know that the Factory one was named Sugio

EDIT: nevermind. I just found out that Bulbapedia has the names and seiyuu listed when available.
    Last edited by Irene; 28th May 2006 at 1:07 PM.

You've gotta see her, go insane and out of your mind
    Latina Ave Maria
    A million and one candlelights

Every single time Ash has seen Ho-oh makes me believe now, is Ash really destined to capture Ho-oh? I mean chances are just becuase they are legendary, doesn't mean there is only one. Look at Regirock, there's the one in the movie and the one Brandon owns. So maybe there could be 13 Ho-oh's. The only reason why they are legendary is becuase of their strengths really. So maybe including Ho-oh with Ash might say that Ash might one day capture that Ho-oh.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

Wow regirock and evil ash? That's awesome!
    3DS Friend Code: 1676-3803-7109

I claimed Raikou!

Youtube
    and deviantART

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm16
    Every single time Ash has seen Ho-oh makes me believe now, is Ash really destined to capture Ho-oh? I mean chances are just becuase they are legendary, doesn't mean there is only one. Look at Regirock, there's the one in the movie and the one Brandon owns. So maybe there could be 13 Ho-oh's. The only reason why they are legendary is becuase of their strengths really. So maybe including Ho-oh with Ash might say that Ash might one day capture that Ho-oh.
    Of course there isn't only 1 of the legendaries. Lugia? More than one. Articuno/Dos/Tres, theres more than one. Mewtwo is an exception because it wasn't properly born as a Pokémon, some freak of nature.

End of post.

Of course there isn't only 1 of the legendaries. Lugia? More than one. Articuno/Dos/Tres, theres more than one. Mewtwo is an exception because it wasn't properly born as a Pokémon, some freak of nature.
    I dont know. Ho-oh maybe. They treat it like this god. They also always when talking about it refer to it as only one existing. Remember with the Johto episodes dealing about it they always talked about one ho-oh disappearing and that the Ho-oh would return.
    Also there is only one set of Suicune/raikou/entei because Ho-oh reincarnated their pokemon form into a legendary pokemon.

Can anybody confirm if it's true that the Battle Pyramid flew to the Tanoby Ruins in the Sevii Islands?.

You act as if Jukain is some newborn. It may've gained its form recently, but never forget that he trained a lot since Satoshi got him.
    No i don't think that, it battled quite well and possibly could've won, if it used
    Solarbeam. In a battle against a legendary you gotta throw you're most powerful attacks in there if you wanna win.

Yeah, if Ash wasn't possessed, I'd say Sceptile would've won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa
    Can anybody confirm if it's true that the Battle Pyramid flew to the Tanoby Ruins in the Sevii Islands?.
    Nobody knows.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

When Satoshi asked for a rematch, and Soutarou said they were ready to take off, I think Jindai said something to the effect of "Sorry, but I have different ruins to explore." No specific ruins were mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Yeah, if Ash wasn't possessed, I'd say Sceptile would've won.
    the possession could've played a part, but you'd also have to remember that Satoshi never had prior experience with Lock-on, and as we've seen, Regirock's Hyper Beam proved to be a one-hit kill on Jukain. During the rematch (or some training episode beforehand), Satoshi will likely remember Lock-on and devise some sort of counter strategy for it. Don't mean to sound like I'm contradicting myself from earlier, but I was just telling Almighty Zard back there that Jukain is highly experienced despite being newly evolved. If it wasn't for the Lock-on/possession, he sure as hell could've just waltzed in there and pounded the legendary (hell, underhanded tactics aside, he put up a damn good fight. Before Jukain used Soutarou as a shield, Regirock was doing nothing but defending, and within no time, enduring Leaf Blade started to put a strain on its body).
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 29th May 2006 at 2:35 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Satoshi will likely remember Lock-on and devise some sort of counter strategy for it.
    Yeah like hide behind Regirock instead of the judge this time. Heh. That way the lockon wouldnt work.

So did Ash win or not
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi
    So did Ash win or not
    No, he lost. There will be a few filler episodes, then he'll ahve a re-match. I think the Grand Festival for May is in between his next battle aswell.

» » twin: -Koumori- | bishie: Jasmine (Pokémon) | banner: Kimmi The Awesome™
    » » » » i know that we'll have a ball, if we get down and go out, and just lose it all
    i feel, stressed out, i wanna let it go, let's go way out, spaced out and losing all control

Wow...this was a great episode! I loved it! Even when Satoshi turned evil. XD But I still can't believe that The Evil King will do that to him. And boy Satoshi wasn't the same. And when he battled against Brandon...it wasn't him at all. He doesn't battle like that. Maybe I am kinda of glad that he lost because then the evil king probably wouldn't have left. Satoshi will probably will be evil forever. But I am so glad that Satoshi took over and kicked that evil king out. =D Still though, it was a nice change that he became evil. XD Loved his laugh.
    goodbye~

I just watched this episode and there,s still some questions remaining for me..

-When Ash got possessed and woke up later on in that weird dimension, wasnt he sort of confused? It looked like he wondered where he was, but when he saw Regirock he just immediatly wanted to battle.

-Why did Yami-Satoshi want to use Pikachu after Jukain got knocked out? Wasnt it a 1 on 1 battle or could the King just not accept his defeat?

-I dont understand Japanese that much so i even wondered if the King was a Pokemon or something since it came from a Pokeball artifact so i,m puzzled.

-What was it that Brandon said to Ash during the battle that got him so mad that he could become himself again for a few seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon
    -What was it that Brandon said to Ash during the battle that got him so mad that he could become himself again for a few seconds?
    Jindai called Yami Satoshi a coward for using the boulders to attack Regirock with, which upsetted Satoshi so he came to in order to protest but the king's spirit was too strong for Satoshi to remain as himself.

-Why did Yami-Satoshi want to use Pikachu after Jukain got knocked out? Wasnt it a 1 on 1 battle or could the King just not accept his defeat?
    You just answered your own question with the bolded part.

-When Ash got possessed and woke up later on in that weird dimension, wasnt he sort of confused? It looked like he wondered where he was, but when he saw Regirock he just immediatly wanted to battle.
    Satoshi was apparently not aware of the fact that his body was taken over. I think he first realised it after he broke out of the possession for a few seconds.
    I believe that it was all to visualise for the audience that the king "fooled" Satoshi to believe that he was battling in order to steal battle tactics from him - not to mention get to know what Pokémon Satoshi had. I doubt that the king would've known that Satoshi had a Jukain otherwise.

-I dont understand Japanese that much so i even wondered if the King was a Pokemon or something since it came from a Pokeball artifact so i,m puzzled.
    Nah, the king was an actual dude (I think the statue was of him). But how and why he was sealed in a Pokeball-like orb is beyond me.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Wow atleast they are prolonging the series alittle more but it makes me think if it will probably take a while to get to the Battle Pyramid, they might not have a tournament. Also what is May going to do the rest of the time now?
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

Uhm...

You know when Jindai talks about Pokélantis to the gang... does he mention something about being interested in Pokélantis for some reason, or is he just a explorer looking for any random ancient ruins?

...I seriously need to talk to someone who has seen this and actually understands a bit of the dialogue ^^;

You've gotta see her, go insane and out of your mind
    Latina Ave Maria
    A million and one candlelights

i loved this episode so bad xD I Cant wait for the Dub

10/10
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast