View Poll Results: What do you think of this idea?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes id be cool with a K

5 41.67%
  • No it wont work out good

4 33.33%
  • I dont know

3 25.00%

Thread: Forum Suggestion Involving The Moderation System

Default Forum Suggestion Involving The Moderation System

This kinda a noobish idea in my opionion(SP)but I think once every year(or when serebii wants)there should be an election for a new moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon Locke Yggdrasill
    Meh. I kind of like this idea. But, it would need to have some serious staff-refining if this idea where to be used.
    It's always important to have a mod that the society favors, and who is also mod-potential. However, if this where to come into play, then it would be smart for the staff itself to choose potential moderators, and then for the members to vote on them. Members posting the nominees would turn into chaos in days.
    Also, elections shouldn't be for every new mod. If at all, they should be bianually at the least and anually at the most in time between each other.
    Sometimes mods are needed, and the public can't do anything about it.
    Ex:

Nominies For Moderator are (The List goes on)

Then mods for the forum tally the votes and post and PM the winner
    Last edited by Gliese; 1st June 2006 at 12:15 AM.

Well, I do think this is a good idea, but I'm afraid you've posted in the wrong section

What section should this go in?

I'm not for certain, but I think the "Serebii.net" section might be it. The only thing I know for sure is, the newbie lounge is just for introducing yourself, not for ideas. But like I said, I do really like the idea, and it wouldn't be that bad if Serebii actually considered it.

We don't need mod elections.
    If new mods are needed, they 'll be picked by the staff.
    There is no need to tell the staff, that you want to be a mod.

Button by WereDragn
    Looking for Feedback (no registration required)
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

Meh. I kind of like this idea. But, it would need to have some serious staff-refining if this idea where to be used.
    It's always important to have a mod that the society favors, and who is also mod-potential. However, if this where to come into play, then it would be smart for the staff itself to choose potential moderators, and then for the members to vote on them. Members posting the nominees would turn into chaos in days.
    Also, elections shouldn't be for every new mod. If at all, they should be bianually at the least and anually at the most in time between each other.
    Sometimes mods are needed, and the public can't do anything about it.

People most likely would only vote for their friends or a popular member which aren't always the best candidates.

I just think if there is a forum which needs a new mod, it should be given one of the current active mods instead of getting a new one.

Button by WereDragn
    Looking for Feedback (no registration required)
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

That's probably how it would go, but, if all of the potentials are modhand-chosen, would it matter?
    Keep in mind that the moderators would choose only the ripest for the picking.

As a side note, why do you care about Mods?
    Why do some people have such an obsession with mods?

It really wouldn't make any positive contributions if the mods were voted in, because popular people don't neccessairily make good mods, simple as.

Locke, if the Mods are gonna' choose the candidates would that not defeat the point of the members electing the chosen person? Besides aren't new Mods elected by the currrent Mod team anyway?
    |Last.fm|
    We'll burn up every history books and start our lives here!
    Drink up! Forget all about the lost little lifetime brought our way.

PhQnix, we like to have community friendly mods. Now, I'm not trying to turn this place into PC or anything, but some of the mods aren't exactly people-persons. (Wow, that sounded odd.)

The mods choose the candidates, but the public votes on the handpicked candidates.

But the Mods are meant to be impartial, thats the entire idea of them being elected by the mod team.

If we intoduce a system whereby they can see who likes them and who doesn't we immediately introduce bias into their workings, there is no way around that involving a public vote.
    |Last.fm|

Almost nothing is without bias, even when the moderators elect a new moderator.

As far as impartial, Why are they suddenly meant to be impartial? Has it always been that way? Is that in their definition? I'm not trying to disagree with you, but I've not seen written anywhere except here that mods are meant to be impartial. Is that just how it is here?

By their very definition they are impartial, they keep the "law" on these boards. "Law keepers" are meant to be impartial, are they not?

Are you saying the they aren't impartial on other forums? If you are I cannot discuss that point, i'm only a member of these boards
    |Last.fm|

Why is anyone even posting here???

Mods earn their powers through showing that they are qualified for the position, not by possession of popularity.

In fact, this suggestion is rather comical actually......
    Last edited by Illegible; 1st June 2006 at 1:09 AM.

I see what you're getting at. But, what about corrupt government? :P *shot by all surrounding mods*

Anyway, some mods on other boards don't live up to that definition, but that's off of the topic.
    Anyway, these elections wouldn't govern all of the mods. It'd be biannually-annually.

And, Agent Myst, why not choose mods for both criteria?
    Last edited by Locke Yggdrasill; 1st June 2006 at 1:18 AM.

This should stay secret, believe me. >>

It's not like you want to know [blah] is getting modded and then, BOOM. Someone else gets modded, dissappointing [blah] and most likely making [blah] to never come back. >>

Actaully, this might be just talked about when there's need of them. >> Not twice or once a year.
    Click if you dare. . . O:
    [IMG]http://i5.*******.com/453axpx.jpg[/IMG]
    Little sister/best friend of: Core Unit||Spammy twins with: Virtual Headache||Paired with: Karma Dude||I claimed: core unit, Karma Dude, Virtual Headache, and Nayana||My LJ||Banner by Umi Mizuno

People who the mods deem intelligent enough to be mods wouldn't be so stupid as to think that leaving the internet would make things better. If you want to become a mod and you don't, well, oh well.

You'll become a mod when WE decide it. Regular members have no say in who becomes a mod or not. Only the staff has that ability.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento