Thread: Getting Sick Can Lead To Another Thing...(MayxDrew One-shot Rated G)

Smile Getting Sick Can Lead To Another Thing...(MayxDrew One-shot Rated G)

Well...nice to meet you all folks again. I have brought you yet another one-shot, which I spent the past hour working on it. And...I'm not really good at keeping the charactors personalities right, so there will be some OOCness in this story. Especially about Drew being all concern and all those XP Anyway, onto the story!

Oh, and, the story is in May's Point Of View(POV)

~-~-~

I can’t believe it! I JUST CAN’T! Ash and Misty are a couple! How dare Misty stole my first crush! HOW DARE SHE! I just feel like strangling her and asked her to get away from Ash, but I knew it was no use either. Ash loved her, she loved him. Tears soon came spilling out of my eyes.

I ran wherever my legs could take me! I couldn’t bear it! I don’t want to face them anymore! Why was Misty always the lucky one? Once she rejoined our group, Max, Brock and Ash started ignoring me and paid attention to her more. What did she have that I don’t?

I feel left out…I feel ignored…and most of all, I feel hated. Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore, and soon my legs fell on the ground, feeling tired. I look at the city around me…where was I? Where am I? I’m starting to feel giddy…dizzy…I feel unwell. I asked Brock what was wrong with me a few days ago, when I started to burn up a little, and he said it was maybe because of the heat. Of course, I trusted him.

No, I don’t. I knew he was lying. No one listens to me. They listen to Misty. WHY HER! I can’t care less of her anyway. I think I’m starting to lose conscious…and no one will help me…I keep struggling to open my eyes. No…I’m losing conscious…I summon all the strength I had left in my body as I yelled out

“Max, Brock, Ash, Misty, help me!”

No one’s helping me…if only I asked Brock for the medicine he kept just now. I know I shouldn’t have ran…I’m at fault…my eyes started to close…all I saw was a figure with green hair and emerald eyes walking towards me…wait-more like running…I don’t know…it looks like-

Blacked Out

~-~-~

I open my eyes…I’m ALIVE! I’m NOT DEAD! I thought I was dead…I thought I was gone for sure. But…who saved me…right…Don’t tell me it’s…

“So, are you awake?” A voice said, as a boy with green hair and emerald eyes walked towards the bed I was lying on.

Drew…AHH!!! Why on earth am I here…WITH HIM! EEK! Where am I anyways? I glanced around the room…I’m in…a Pokémon Center. I turned to face Drew.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him, curious yet afraid.

Afraid? Why on earth was I afraid? I shrugged. Who cares?

“Well, for your information,” Drew said, smirking.

“You collapsed right in the middle of a city, remember?”

“Well…yes…” I said, recalling what happened.

“How long have I been unconscious anyway?”

“3 days.” He answered.

“3 DAYS?” I said, shocked yet surprised.

“Yeah…Nurse Joy said you had a very high fever, and it has been going on for a few days already.” Drew explained.

“I knew I shouldn’t have trusted Brock…” I murmured.

Drew held out a tray behind him as he shoved it to me. On the tray were all kinds of bottles. From tall to short, from fat to thin. All of them had different colours…like purple, blue, green, orange and much more.

“What on earth is this?” I said digusted.

“Can’t you read?” Drew said.

“They are spelled, M.E.D.I.C.I.N.E.”

“I know how to read!” I said.

“But…these are inedible! Would you want an innocent girl like me to die?”

“They will help you cure your fever, not die.” Drew said.

“Besides, I would rather you die anyway. I could get all the contest ribbons myself.”

“WHAT?!” I said angrily.

“You better-

A rose was shoved to me. I took it, slightly blushing.

“Eat the medicine, or choose to die.” Drew joked.

“Shut up!” I said, and turned my attention to the bottles on the tray.

“Are they edible or inedible?”

“They are edible, miss. Just eat them.” Drew said, in a tone that didn’t care at all.

I sighed as I picked up a bottle that was filled with orange water.

“All of them?” I asked.

“Yes, all of them.” Drew said.

“Now, stop complaining and drink them!”

I drank the bottle reluctantly as I placed the bottle back on the tray. Drew took the tray away from me as he placed it on another table. He took a thermormeter as he gave it to me, looking at me as if I knew what I was supposed to do. I sighed again, taking the thermormeter placing it in my mouth.

After a few seconds, Drew took it out, as he read what the thermormeter said. A smile removed the frown away from his face, which I think was good news by his reaction.

“36.8 degrees!” Drew exclaimed. “You are getting better already!”

“That’s good!” I said happily.

~-~-~

And so it went on for a few days, stuck with Drew, though he sometimes brings me out to shops and buy things. I feel happy with him…He just brightens my life. I don’t really care about Ash or Misty or either Max and Brock. The only thing I see is Drew when I get up. He’s in my dreams…whenever I go I’ll see him-as I asked him to anyway. And-

“May…” Drew said, and I could feel some disappointment in his voice. “You can go now.”

“What?” I said, as my eyes soon showed some sadness.

“Why?”

“You are all better already! Besides…your friends must be worried, won’t they?” Drew said, trying to keep a happy front.

“Well…yes! But I bet they don’t even care about me!” I said worriedly, I didn’t want to leave Drew, so fast, so soon.

“What makes you think that?” Drew said, raising his eyebrow.

“I just don’t want to leave…” I said, before taking in a deep breath and released it. “You…”

“Get back to your friends, besides, I’ll meet you in the next contest. You don’t have to worry much about not meeting me again.” Drew said, acting coolly.

“But…but…but…” I stuttered, not knowing what to say. “Just let me stay with you, Drew!”

“Maybe.” Drew said, a smile replacing his frown.

Did he really want me to stay? Did he?

“Well…” I said. “That’s great!”

“Don’t jump to conclusions too fast. I only said ‘Maybe’.” Drew said.

“Well, you were smiling all along!” I said. “So I take it as a yes!”

I started to jump up and down, feeling happy that I could stay with Drew. Drew chuckled at my reaction, and I glared at him.

Who cares? I think back about Ash. I don’t like him anymore. I like Drew. Drew cares for me anyway. Besides, I don’t think Max, Brock or neither Misty cares for me. Talk about Max being a good brother. I’m going to tell mom!

I glanced up at Drew. And he seemed to be thinking something, something happy I suppose, as he was smiling.

No, wait. I don’t like him…maybe more then that…love? I don’t care. I just know what lies ahead of us would be great. I should thank Ash, Misty, Max and Brock actually. Because of them, I met Drew…but on second thought, they made me get a fever…

~-~-~

How was it? Hope you enjoyed it! ^_^
    Feel free to point out all the mistakes that I made!
    STRAWBERRIES : DD
    (they rock and don't deny it or I'll send the strawberry army after you)

Sorry, but 36.8 degrees is like... way low. 98.8 would be good. XD Only mistake I really noticed, it was very sweet and shippy. Keep it up!!

~Kitteh

98.8? XD That's like...on your death bed XD

Actually, I believe 98.6 is normal. My mom is a nurse. 36.8 is like almost freezing point(32.0)
    HI! Im the newest contestshipper on the block! BTW raichu is the best pokemon!
    I have a story that is kindof contest shipping. but not enough to be called contestshipping. It also explains my username. Hears the link!
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2843384/1/

Do any contestshippers play guild wars? pm me if you do.

Actually, I believe 98.6 is normal. My mom is a nurse. 36.8 is like almost freezing point(32.0)
    Are you all outta your minds or something???!!!

98.6 doesn't even exist in my thermormeter...0.o
    My mom/teacher/dad says that anything above 37.00 is a very high fever. Below then that is normal...-_-...98.8 is...like...already dead XD

I assume May_Beautifly is thinking of Celcius rather than Farenheit, so she's right with May's temperature.

But, anyways, this is a really good fanfic ^^. Except I don't think May is the type of person to go 'OMG, I love him!' in a couple of minutes. I think she'd be in a bit of denial for while. But that's just me ^^.

I assume May_Beautifly is thinking of Celcius rather than Farenheit, so she's right with May's temperature.
    Uh...you are right XD
    But, anyways, this is a really good fanfic ^^. Except I don't think May is the type of person to go 'OMG, I love him!' in a couple of minutes. I think she'd be in a bit of denial for while. But that's just me ^^.
    I told ya before I wrote this story that this story has OOCness...nowadays, I can't keep their personalities right...0.o

Ha ha... sorry, I was just cracking up about the mix-up between Celcius and Farenheight... a LITTLE bit of a misunderstanding there, lol.

Poor May...

Max, Brock, Ash, and Misty not caring about May...? That's not true. It makes sense that through her eyes it would seem like that sometimes, though, if that was what you were getting at.

Anyway, cute story
    Pearl Name: Aurora
    Friend Code: 2663 9162 0376

Just note that I suck at competitive battling.

Aw, that was cute. I didn't think Drew was out of character at all. He would of course be worried about May, and you did well at making him just a bit cool about it. But the others would have cared, I'm sure, and there might should've been a bit more build up to May feeling ignored. Just a thought. Good job!
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

0_o...And I thought there was some OOCness...YAY! xD

Quote Originally Posted by The Anime Freak

OMG!!! That is like, the sweetest (Craziest) mix-up I've ever made!! -kills self- LOL. Anyhoo, since she's using Celsius, this is really good fic, no mistakes!!