Thread: My deck......Need major help befor JUNE, 21st...PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

Default My deck......Need major help befor JUNE, 21st...PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

(I've gotten over 27 reply's on pokebeach...but I want the most help I can get!!!)
    THIS IS MY MAIN DECK THAT I USE ALL THE TIME!!
    NEED HELP WITH IT ASAP PLEASE!!
    THIS IS THE DECK THAT I'M GOING TO USE FOR THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONALS IN JUNE!!!
    I WANT TO KEEP THIS PURE WATER!!!
    My Misty Revenge Deck.....(I don't want Goldeen/Seaking, Magikarp/Gyarados)
    Pokemon:
    3x Horsea (trr)
    2x Seadra (trr)
    2x Kingdra (trr)
    3x Corsola (ufo)
    4x Totodile (ufo)
    2x Croconaw (ufo)
    2x Gatr (ufo)
    1x Gatr Ex (ufo) ex
    1x Suicune (pop2)
    1x Lapras (LM)
    1x Kyogre (emerald No.15)

Train:
    3x copycat
    3x Celio's Network
    2x Island Cave
    2x Holo Scientist
    2x Rare Candy
    2x Mr. Briney's Commpassion
    2x Curse Powder
    1x Oak's Research
    1x Professor Birch
    1x Holon Farmer
    1x T.V. Reporter
    1x Warp Point
    1x Battle Frontier
    Energy:
    16 x water energy
    MUST BE HIDDEN LEGENDS ON!!!
    Last edited by Light Venusaur; 2nd June 2006 at 4:16 AM.

A one-type deck in Nationals? Big risk! Though with a deck like that...little less of a risk.

If you've got another TRR Kingdra, switch it with one of the Corsola. A 3-2-3 line would work well there, and Corsola ain't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dash
    A one-type deck in Nationals? Big risk! Though with a deck like that...little less of a risk.

If you've got another TRR Kingdra, switch it with one of the Corsola. A 3-2-3 line would work well there, and Corsola ain't that great.
    I only have the 2x Kingdra....

Eliminate Corsola.

Add one more Croconaw and 2 more water energies. I personally think your deck is energy challenged and you might find yourself pulling trainer cards when you need energy cards. I always like to have around 20 energy cards per deck and a way to get energy when I need it. However, since you're only working with one kind of energy, it does make things a tad easier.

Still...have only one type of Pokemon may make things difficult for you. It might be better to have some colorless types around just in case.

NO. geez how many times do I have to tell you people, 16 energy is the most you ever want. if you could get 2 more gatr ex, you could try this:

pokemon 15
    4 jirachi DX
    4 totodile
    3 croconaw
    3 gatr ex
    1 gatr UF

trainers: 30
    4 rare candy
    4 swoop teleporter
    4 prof. elm's training method
    4 island cave
    4 rocket's admin
    3 steven's advice
    3 TV reporter
    2 warp point
    1 pokemon retreiever

energy: 15
    4 boost
    11 water

that'll get you pretty far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh Phoenix
    NO. geez how many times do I have to tell you people, 16 energy is the most you ever want. if you could get 2 more gatr ex, you could try this:

pokemon 15
    4 jirachi DX
    4 totodile
    3 croconaw
    3 gatr ex
    1 gatr UF

trainers: 30
    4 rare candy
    4 swoop teleporter
    4 prof. elm's training method
    4 island cave
    4 rocket's admin
    3 steven's advice
    3 TV reporter
    2 warp point
    1 pokemon retreiever

energy: 15
    4 boost
    11 water

that'll get you pretty far.
    I WANT TO KEEP THIS DECK PURE WATER....so no sub-types plz!

Jirachi never attacks it just gets cards in the beggining.
    I claimed Zangetsu from Bleach as moi bishie

Looking for a fanfic about Chase and Larvitar from a few years back, it would mean alot to me if you could tell me the exact title or author (or even better a link to it). Thanks

You can "want" your deck however you want, but that just means you'll have to sacrifice winning. You pretty much have to play jirachi or something of the like.
    russian graffiti

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    You can "want" your deck however you want, but that just means you'll have to sacrifice winning. You pretty much have to play jirachi or something of the like.
    I agree. If I had the deck you originally posted, I'd put some Fighting- and Fire- type Pokémon in it. Gives you much more of a chance.

EDIT: Indigo Champion!! WOO!
    And yes, I'm gonna do this every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Venusaur
    I WANT TO KEEP THIS DECK PURE WATER....so no sub-types plz!

your funeral.

Having a one-sided deck in a competition is very dangerous no matter how good the cards are.

Also, I tend to dislike having more than one Macro-evolution chain in my decks. If it has to evolve twice, try to leave out more than one "family" of them.

I also tend to favor decks without singles. Having oner of a card is too jmuch of a risk--especially if its a really necessary card. If it ends-up in your prize pile, you're in trouble.

Not bad though. Just needs some fine-tuning.

Oh--and I would add a few energies myself...nothing's worse than having your best pokemon active, but in an energy drought...
    FT: Breedable 5IV w/ nature Larvitar, Gible, Dratini, Gligar, Mandibuzz, Scyther, Rotom, Bulbasaur, Mawile, Fletchling, Gastly, Ralts (Gallade),
    LF: 5IV Brave/Quiet Honedge
    This week in "Ben's Pokemon Y Playthrough Blog", Ben realizes how ridiculously under-leveled his team is: http://pokeplaywhite.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Headshot-Jackal465
    Having a one-sided deck in a competition is very dangerous no matter how good the cards are.

Also, I tend to dislike having more than one Macro-evolution chain in my decks. If it has to evolve twice, try to leave out more than one "family" of them.

I also tend to favor decks without singles. Having oner of a card is too jmuch of a risk--especially if its a really necessary card. If it ends-up in your prize pile, you're in trouble.

Not bad though. Just needs some fine-tuning.

Oh--and I would add a few energies myself...nothing's worse than having your best pokemon active, but in an energy drought...

Thank You, ur the 1st one that was truthful! (even from beach)

no problem--its a solid deck, but it just has its little kinks. Some people say that there aren't enough energy, but I say better more than less. I've had way too many energy droughts so I tend tyo put in around 22 and trainers that could allow you to search your sdeck for cards you need, so you can get that card you need when you need it while still getting a constant influx of energy.

And I like that Lapras is in there--he's a haymaker even though most people don't see him as one, and its always good to have at least one haymaker in a deck even if its not a haymaker deck so you can seize control of the game early on.
    Ive seen people use more than one macro-evolver (basic-stage1-stage2) in decks and do just fine, but from my experience, it just became too much of a hassle...one more thing to worry about, you know?

Im so glad I could help, good luck when the competition comes!
    FT: Breedable 5IV w/ nature Larvitar, Gible, Dratini, Gligar, Mandibuzz, Scyther, Rotom, Bulbasaur, Mawile, Fletchling, Gastly, Ralts (Gallade),
    LF: 5IV Brave/Quiet Honedge
    This week in "Ben's Pokemon Y Playthrough Blog", Ben realizes how ridiculously under-leveled his team is: http://pokeplaywhite.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Headshot-Jackal465
    no problem--its a solid deck, but it just has its little kinks. Some people say that there aren't enough energy, but I say better more than less. I've had way too many energy droughts so I tend tyo put in around 22 and trainers that could allow you to search your sdeck for cards you need, so you can get that card you need when you need it while still getting a constant influx of energy.

And I like that Lapras is in there--he's a haymaker even though most people don't see him as one, and its always good to have at least one haymaker in a deck even if its not a haymaker deck so you can seize control of the game early on.
    Ive seen people use more than one macro-evolver (basic-stage1-stage2) in decks and do just fine, but from my experience, it just became too much of a hassle...one more thing to worry about, you know?

Im so glad I could help, good luck when the competition comes!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

how many times do I have to scream this at you people before it sticks?! 16 is the MAX number of energy in a good deck.