Thread: Metal Slug anybody?

Default Metal Slug anybody?

Are there any people who also like to play the run-and-gun joystick game Metal Slug?

I like this game, because I like to see some of those enemy soldiers screaming when you throw them your bomb to them. I also like certain bosses, like the stage in China (Mission 4), where you get fat from eating food items and the music is chinese...the boss is the giant battleship where it shoots slow teardrop-shaped bullets, and later it shoots a bigger single orange bullet.
    Or the submarine boss at Mission 5, defeat it and all rebel soldiers will abandon the sub and dive down to the sewers.

I started playing this game last 2002, 3 years before I played Pokemon Emerald for the first time...

Anyone who also like this Neo-Geo game?
    I'll be inactive for some time here. If you wanna find me, meet me at Smogon

I'm quite fond of the Metal Slug series as a whole (hell, I'm quite fond of Neo-Geo games as a whole), unfortunately I've never been good at them...

To be more specific, any time you see me on the 4th Mission on any MS game is a fluke. My *** usually gets handed to me in pretty short order by the Mission 2 boss.

My favorite installment in the series would most likely be MS2...however, because of a friend of mine, I'm starting to warm up to MS4 more...ESPECIALLY it's soundrack.

On that note, I'm kind of dissapointed at the recent PS2 release of Metal Slug Anthology, not only because of the wait period between the Wii/PSP versions (I'm not a Wii owner....yet), but also because of the input lag. It's especially apparent on MS1 and MS4, in most cases there's a good 1/4-2/5 seconds of lag in between me pressing X and Fio deciding that it's time to jump.

MSA will be probably the first title I get for the Wii, and that purchase will most likely be alongside a Gamecube arcade stick. ^^;

Actually, I'm curious: anyone on these boards ever single-credit clear any game in the MS series?

Timlessly awesome signature image above by Purple Kecleon, ©2004-ish.

-#SPP Resident Mindless Peon-

Metal Slug Anthology, good series imo.

And I can't single-credit clear any game in the MS series, I can't even beat any MS game on Hard Mode.

Oh, some Metal Slug fans!
    Which do you play most from the arcade? Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, X, or 3?
    In my internet research though, I don't find Metal Slug 4 or 5 quite appealing...and Metal Slug 4 is the worst series (and Metal Slug 3 is the best),
    although there is a new one coming...Metal Slug 6 (like Pokemon Diamond/Pearl *hehe*)...and find this one appealing.

I like it abit.

Metal Slug X is my favorite so far.

Default You like MSX too?

Quote Originally Posted by t4-m4-g0n View Post
    Metal Slug X is my favorite so far.
    Oh, you also like Metal Slug X...I also like Metal Slug X or MSX the most.
    It's just like MS2...but it was a remake of MS2, just like Pokemon Emerald being a remake of Ruby/Sapphire.

Which boss do you love to defeat/having trouble with?
    Was the Mission 4 giant land battleship boss hard? It just shoots slow bullets and a big one later.
    How about the Mission 5 Submarine Boss? It attacks with different thunderbolt waves and a zap cannon-like attack (they get harder to avoid if the boss has taken lots of damage...sort of like in Pokemon when their attack/speed goes up in a pinch).

Are the enemy soldiers funny or what?

i like the Metal Slug series but i don't play it a lot. my favorite Metal Slug game is Metal Slug 3 and my least favorite is Metal Slug 4

oh and Metal Slug 6 has already been out for a year which isn't very long for an arcade game and i played it, but the music is a bit silent

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Emily View Post
    Oh, you also like Metal Slug X...I also like Metal Slug X or MSX the most.
    It's just like MS2...but it was a remake of MS2, just like Pokemon Emerald being a remake of Ruby/Sapphire.

Which boss do you love to defeat/having trouble with?
    Was the Mission 4 giant land battleship boss hard? It just shoots slow bullets and a big one later.
    How about the Mission 5 Submarine Boss? It attacks with different thunderbolt waves and a zap cannon-like attack (they get harder to avoid if the boss has taken lots of damage...sort of like in Pokemon when their attack/speed goes up in a pinch).

Are the enemy soldiers funny or what?
    The wild guy with the Machine Gun, I love how he gets eaten by Shamu the Whale.

Quote Originally Posted by t4-m4-g0n View Post
    The wild guy with the Machine Gun, I love how he gets eaten by Shamu the Whale.
    I think his name's Sergeant Allen. He is fairly fantastic.

I quite like the Metal Slug games too, but I only played a little of them in the arcades. It wasn't until I got MS3 for the PS2 that I sank a lot of time into any of them.
    MS3 is my favourite of the series, I loved how crazy the game got near the end, when you shot down a legion of air-borne troups then flew off into space to fight aliens. Just a pity that's the game's ending was pure crap.

I look forward to playing Six, as I'm fond of Ralph and Clark.