Thread: Shipping Fics

Default Shipping Fics

Um. Is there a way that the Shipping Fics forum could somehow be separated into different categories? There are several of us (articuno_trumps_all, Taitofan, et cetera) who are awfull sick of seeing the same three pairings there all the time. It's really not fair considering there are a good many of us who love shipping fics that AREN'T Advanceshipping/Pokeshipping/Contestshipping/what have you, and a lot of people are hesitant to write and post because they know that their fic will just get bumped to the second/third whatever page.

Taitofan and myself have tried to get more people to write other pairings, but that's not going over so well. And even though I posted like a bazillion fics there (granted they weren't Pokemon), it is dominated by Contestshipping and the like.

Even if you can't have like...a het/yaoi/yuri kind of separation, maybe a section for Pokemon and then Non-Pokemon shipping fics would be good? Seems like too broad a topic to have just one section imo.

Purrrrrrr.

I agree. If the FanFics section can be separated into Pokemon and non-Pokemon, why can't the Shipping Fics section?

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

also you should click this for meee

DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT NAME CHANGES OUTSIDE OF THE DESIGNATED THREAD/TIMES. I WON'T ANSWER.

Yea verily.

I can understand not wanting to give het/yaoi/yuri their own sections, but Pokemon/Non-Pokemon would really be appreciated. Sometimes I think people don't know that non-Pokemon fics are allowed... Besides, my FFVII fic needs a place were it won't get swamped under the Contest/Poke/Advance fics.
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

Not to mention if you don't specify a fandom, people will tend to think it's a Pokemon fic. :/ I don't take kindly to people thinking Joly and Feuilly are from Pokemon.

Purrrrrrr.

A Non-Pokemon shipping fic forum is a good idea.

Still, most yuri/yaoi/whatever Pokemon fics are still likely to be bumped to the second page because of Poke/Contest/Advanceshipping.

The only thing this will help is the non-Pokemon fics though. Hell, even other het fics like Rocketshipping or Brock/Lucy or whatever don't even get much support, as they get bumped down far too quickly for the same three ships. It's even worse for the yuri/yaoi ships, as they tend to get buried quickly.

Which is why I also think it would be great if Contestshipping/Pokeshipping/Advanceshipping had a SEPARATE section. People who write stuff like Brock x Lucy or Noland x Greta or Falkner x Whitney or something don't get a friggin' chance because of the Trinity shippers. (yes, I call it the Trinity.) We obviously can't say HEY YOU STOP WRITING TRINITY FICS, but separating them so it's more organized would be wonderful. :/

Purrrrrrr.

A good split could be something like this:
    Main Pokemon character shipping fics
    Minor Pokemon character shipping fics
    Non-Pokemon shipping fics

Main characters would be the ones including the main anime characters and another character, and minor characters would include Gym leaders (except Brock and Misty), and everyone else.

It would make it so main-character shippings still get their glory and non-main character ships and non-Pokemon fics would also get more recognition.

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

also you should click this for meee

DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT NAME CHANGES OUTSIDE OF THE DESIGNATED THREAD/TIMES. I WON'T ANSWER.

I hope this plan works. ^-^ I find this to be a good idea, also, it isn't that hard to do this so it should not be much of a problem.

A good split could be something like this:
    Main Pokemon character shipping fics
    Minor Pokemon character shipping fics
    Non-Pokemon shipping fics

Main characters would be the ones including the main anime characters and another character, and minor characters would include Gym leaders (except Brock and Misty), and everyone else.

It would make it so main-character shippings still get their glory and non-main character ships and non-Pokemon fics would also get more recognition.
    Agreed.

I agree with that too. But what if it were a Minor Character/Main character or something...? And that also leaves the matter of non-Pokemon shipping fics D:

hmmf. Haven't seen an Admin or SMod reply yet...>__> *blargs*

Purrrrrrr.

A split is a good idea. The only problem is figuring out where fics that fall under more than one category would be placed. What if you write something that's got, say, Pokeshipping and Morty/Eusine? Would it go in the Trinity or the minor character section?

It'd be based on with couple's more prominent in the 'fic, in that ocurrance.

'Fic separation should probably done by-the-by. When a couple is obviously popular enough that it's almost floodlike, a section for that 'shipping should be open.

So make sections for Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping and move those 'fic threads. Ones with mixed couples should be PMed to where they'd want it, and if they don't answer in a decent amount of time, move it to section with the couple listed first.

And if, say, Hoennshipping rises again, then make a section for that when it happens and rinse and repeat.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

I 100% support this. It seems unfair for fics to be bumped and the authors not recognised for their variation of talents.

Perhaps it could be separated like suggested but it certainly makes much more sense.

It would be pretty difficult to create individual areas for the different shippings but the prospect of having:

Major Pokemon Shipping Fics
    Minor Pokemon Shipping Fics
    Non-Pokemon Shipping Fics

makes a lot of sense. What Mod/S-Mod would we alert to this though?

And Minor Shipping for Pokemon could then consist of any characters outside the 'Trinity' fics.

However, what would we specify for The Major Shipping? Just Contestshipping, Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping?

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes ręves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦My Precious PokeshipperTwin ~ Peach *hugs*¦
    ¦Fanfic Buddy ~ Cerulean Girl¦
    ¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spirit
    However, what would we specify for The Major Shipping? Just Contestshipping, Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping?
    Good point. Aside from the Poke/Advance/Contest ships, I'd also count Rocketshipping in the "major" ships category.

I'm not too sure about stuff like Gym and Orangeshipping though...I mean, those ships involve the main characters but they're not nearly as popular or as written about as the big three ships.

Why not just simply write them in the Non-Pokemon fics section? Do you want people to know its a shipping fic?
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

Really, we already appear to have a vast majority of supporters for this, but as a shipper, I don't think I can read this and not comment xp

I agree, although the ships I support the most (Pokeshipping) are the most recognized, I agree that writers for less popular ships should be heard as well, being in a minority is no reason to not have a voice after all

Although I am mostly interested in Ash/Misty, I'll take a well-written fic for a lesser known ship over "ash and mitsy relized thy were in luv and kizzed" any day XD

As I just posted my first Shipping Fic in the section, I can easily notice this issue. I really don't care for my Fic to live on. After all, it's just an one-shot. But sheesh. It starts falling down to countless ContestShipping, PokeShipping and any other Mainstream Ship there is...

The division would be a great idea, and would help everyone. Not only lesser popular (Albeit certainly that much more interesting...) Ships would be more noticed, but also state-of-the-art/superb stories wouldn't be flooded down and get forgotten just because they weren't of a popular Ship.

I'm all for this. Seriously...

Paired with the adorable Avegaille ~ <3

OMG! I am not completely alone in my frustration at how good fics are being blasted away because of contest/poke/advanceshipping! >=( Regardless of which of those ships I support, I'm seeing less and less variety, and I think this is a great idea that should definetly be considered. I would rather my fic not be reviewed for the sole reason that it's bad, and not because it's drowning in a sea of mainstream shippings.

I say this idea rox my sox!

>Bell<

Guys, there's one major problem to dividing the 'shipper 'fic section into Major 'ships/Minor 'ships:

What deems a 'ship major or minor? The influx of fanfic dedicated to that particular 'ship or the supporters in the fandom themselves?

Because in the way of popularity, you might as well add Hoennshipping and others to that list as well.

And to be wholey fair to the lesser 'ships, only the popular ones should be filtered into a new category; the rest should be allowed to stay in the main section.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

Gouryujiin, it could end in tragedy if a fic was put in the non-shipping section and all of a sudden paired up, oh say...two guys. XD

And yes, Hoennshipping would fit too. >__> Maybe Questshipping too, but.....not as much. XD

Purrrrrrr.

Combine your shipping with another genre and slap it in the main Pokémon fanfiction section. =D Then instead of main shipping fics pushing your fic down, you get a whole load of other fics with millions of reviews already pushing you down.

Same concept... but different.

I don't write a pure shipping (and when I did, the shipping fanfic forum wasn't open yet), but I understand how annoying it is to see your fic get pushed down. So I'm totally for this idea. The problem is that you're trafficking a lot of readers/reviewers to one side of the forum which could give you less reviews overall. With all the shipping fics combined, a reviewer might just happen to stumble on your fic when looking for an AAML and find it interesting.

Toraphi's got a point. Many people seem to think that Franticshipping is the same as Hoennshipping, but that's not true! And there are only so many Hoennshipping stories, and Franticshipping stories and Questshipping stories, this'll spark up an entire debate of what is a major, or minor ship. Because, this can't all be put upon one persons shoulders, as to decide which ship is major and which ship is minor. That's incredibly unfair! I personally don't think Quest and Hoennshippin are major, because the people who support them, don't usually write fanfictions. People support them, but don't write fics, but as for A/C/P shippings, a lot of people write stories about those ships!

Maybe there should be some kind of a 'committee' of sorts, then. :/ All I know is this is like...an issue.

Maybe there should be shipping-fic-specific mods, then? o__0 Who can help control the influx of fics and put them where they belong?

Purrrrrrr.